The Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS) has an opportunity for an entrepreneurial go-getter to assist in launching a statewide initiative. The MDS has 13 component districts. Many of those districts need the direction and support of a capable professional to design and implement programs, including continuing education. This opportunity is for an initial period of six months, and will be evaluated at that time to assess potential to continue.
- Coordinate district continuing education programming and general meeting logistics, which may include identifying and securing meeting location and speaker(s), identifying and securing sponsorship funding, ordering food, processing registration payments, preparing handouts and badges.
- Conduct local recruitment and retention efforts of the district, including mailings, new member communications, and renewal efforts.
- Develop and distribute district communications and newsletters (electronic or paper) to members, including writing and gathering local, state, and national news, and soliciting articles from members.
- Maintain and promote district web page and calendar of events.
- Assist executive committees as requested with regular business, which may include completing election reports, monitoring annual budgets, coordinating local health fairs or community service events.
- Assist in the coordination of a regional continuing education program.
- Handle member inquiries by phone and email regarding requests for MDS materials or assistance.
- Assist in the distribution of new member materials and other communications from the membership department.
- General project support for the membership department and other MDS departments as requested.
Requirements of position:
- BA or BS degree
- Strong marketing skills
- Capable event planning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Internet, email marketing and social media
- Experience hosting online meetings
- Availability for local travel; limited overnight travel to annual convention
- Background in dentistry or healthcare helpful
- At least two years of association experience preferred
keywords: meeting planning, meeting planner, entrepreneur, business development, administrative professional, dental coordinator, continuing education, marketing, marketing professional, recruitment and retention, programming, program development, program management, membership, membership services, meeting planning professional
Indeed - 8 months ago
The Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS) is a professional association dedicated to improving the oral health of the public and professional...