Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Employee Reviews

No Job Security
Sr. Healthcare Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2017
Pay ok, but on call 24-7. Job security is poor as many people I worked with were let go while I was there (for no apparent good reason). Constant revolving door turned by management.
Nice place to work
Assessment RN, Same Day Surgery, SurgiCenter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2017
Nice to be a part of a highly respected, excellent facility.
Had several managers over the years-very good for the most part.
Supportive enviornment.
Learned a lot.
Great organization
Medial Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2017
I enjoyed MEEI, the knowledge I acquired, and the advancement in my professional career. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for a career in health care.
Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary was a great place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2017
Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary was a fast paced environment and I learned a lot during my time working there. The management was supportive and I enjoyed my time at the company.
Pros
Great Health Insurance
Cons
no career advancement
N/a
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2017
It was an acceptable job but with no room for advancement and low pay comparable to other organizations. Excel is a must but only Intermediate formulas used.
Great place to grow
Fellowship/Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 22, 2017
MERSI is a wonderful place to gain critical skill sets that are useful in future career. I learned many details that seemed unimportant at first glance, but once my experienced mentor pointed out to me, the saying "pay attention to details" made a lot more sense. A true growth learning from the master.
unproductive
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
low quality of life mgmt does not encourage retention of office staff.cat fights staff not professional. benefits could be better. Job Work/Life Balance not good
Cons
location
Easy going place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
Everyone that I have worked with thus far has been nothing but helpful and caring about how I will perform on my own here. It is a very easy going place to work.
Wonderful Place to work at
Medical Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working at MEE since 1999. I started as a Switchboard operator and have worked myself up to an Medical Administrative Coordinator. It is a wonderful place to work for and I am glad I continue to work for such a caring and compassionate institute.
A valuable learning experience.
Student Study Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2017
I was a student study coordinator at MEEI over the course of the summer of 2016. While there my day would consist of enrolling patients in a tele-medicine study centered around urgent/emergency care for ophthalmology patients and then entering the data from those patients into spreadsheets for later analysis.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
pay, commute

Want to know more about Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary?

Ask a question
Senior Vestibular Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2017
Decent environment to work if you enjoy working in a fast paced patient setting. Salaries are good for medical professionals, not so much for support staff.
Workplace
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
I enjoy coming into work each day and never leave home with stress from the workplace. I have great co-workers and we all work together as a team to assure we get the job done fast and efficiently.
Good place to learn
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 13, 2017
This is a good place to work at to learn a lot and gain experience if you fairly new to Information Technology. There was a lot of employee churn, so it was hard to maintain chemistry. Nice people and really relaxed place to work. Poor office conditions while I worked there, locked in the basement with no windows.
Great and flexible place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
The most enjoyable work environment and supportive staff. The environment would be fast or slow paced depending on patient scheduled. There are plenty of ways to take on more responsibility.
Great place to work with a clear mission
Designer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
Mass. Eye and Ear is a great place to work. The people there are wonderful from top to bottom. The location near Mass General Hospital is convenient for commuters.
Pros
Great benefits
Great place to gain experience
Employee Infection Control - Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2017
I am currently interning in the Employee Infection Control department at Mass Eye and Ear is a great place to build your experience while job hunting.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No patient interaction
good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
often short handed but good team work most days, competitive salary, good company benefits, close to public transportation and discount offered by employer
fun
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
great place to work. amazing staff and environment. Would recommend it to others. Hands on learning and growth. A memorable experience that has helped me grow.
Is a good teaching hospital
Release of Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Very busy setting with a lot of daily task

I learned how to communicate and multi task

The management was very helpful

The culture is very diverse

There was not a hard part of the job. I enjoyed working at the phacility.

The day to day encounters with all my co-workers and the patients.
Pros
A great place to learn
Cons
Not having enough team work amongst co-workers
High-paced, high expectations
Director, preAward & Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 29, 2016
Worked with a highly skilled, knowledgeable team who worked hard and respected each others' contributions to the work/tasks/goals. Exceptional researchers who were well-funded.
Pros
Always changing, new things to learn. Great teamwork.
Cons
Too much to do, not enough staffing resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Our community is ready to answer.

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Reviews by Location