Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to be in with a lot of new things to learn
Information Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Before joining Mass. Eye and Ear I've never worked in health care industry. I've learned how important and sensitive is the patient data and how important is it to protect it. I've learned about policies like HIPAA after joining Mass. Eye & Ear.
Worst employment I've ever had
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2016
This place needs a new CEO because clearly they don't know how to run an establishment. The emergency room is under incompetent management who treat their employee's like garbage. They change around employee's shift without any regard to the employees.. EVEN though those employees have set scheduled shifts that they signed contracts for. The benefits suck! they are extremely over priced!
Pros
you'll have a job.
Cons
no parking, expensive benefits, terrible management, disrespect on a daily basis
The Professional Billing Department in Quincy, MA is a mess
Payment Posting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 23, 2015
Seriously:
Cat fights in the hallway
No regard for HIPPA or PPI
Verbal abuse, intimidation, blame shifting and threats made to employees by management
Some of the worst nepotism Ive seen....
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everything else
Fun workplace
STAFF ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
I work for the NIDCD Temporal Bone Registry which is located in the hospital & run by one particular doctor, researchers, lab techs and an administration staff. My work day is pretty easy & low key. My office is composed of myself & my coodinator. She's very flexible & we work well with each other. Working for this organization has thought me professionalism, hospital politics etc. This is the type of things that goes on within a company. I enjoy my job, I love coming to work knowing that I can make a different & help someone's family fullfil their wishes. I also look forward to working along side my coodinator. The hardest part of my job is not being able to fullfil a donor's wishes upon their passing, having to tell thier family that we were unable to carry out their donation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shortbreaks
great place to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2015
Mass Eye and Ear is a good place to work for. The staff is like a small family. When there is a crisis such as someone quitting, the rest of us pull together and work over time to maintain the needs of the pharmacy. There is room for advancement if you really apply yourself. As in all places there is red tape or gray areas and politics involved at times but all in all it is a good place to work for.
Managment
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2015
Lack of Promotions/Raise/Career advancement.

Good company, but staff are either lazy or overworked and underpaid.
The work/life balance and management is terrible
Awesome
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MaAugust 11, 2015
Great place to be, awesome job culture and colleagues around you. Work like balance is great, easy to get to by public transportation.
MEEI was a great place to work
Registration Assistant/Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2015
MEEI was a great place to work. The only reason I left there was that I moved to the suburbs and was offered a job closer to my home.
Fast paced work environment in the heart on Boston
OR Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in and setting up the computer and the files for that day. I learned a lot regarding the insurances for patients and the goings on of a hospital... ex. programs on the computer to be used, differences between management and offices in regard to the financial or medical help involved for patients. The hardest part of the job was probably moving dates for operations of patients, however, they could be moved at any number of times that they would require. Certainly the most enjoyable part of the job was working with good co-workers and friendly people.
very Busy place alot to lean lots of multitasking involved keeps one very productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MaMay 13, 2015
Its a fun job very busy most days people are nice Doctors are good, small Hospital but very tight knit patients are great, I enjoyed the time I spent there
Pros
fun staff easy to if to if you don't drive
Cons
Small no room to grow and no free parking and no where around the area to park on the street
A lot of professionals left due to Unprofessional management!
OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Among super Professionals and Greatest Doctors, there are some low management who have no idea of what are they talking about which leads to conflicts among personal! Greatest Doctors I've ever seen! Beautiful personalities! But OMG, some nasty unprofessional management who only tries to cover their narrowmlndness and absence of knowledge by damping others under the system, which of course always covers management! Most enjoyable part of the job is Ability to Help, feeling of meaning, purpose of life, happiness from being able to make someone's life a bit easier a bit better, happiness being part of something miraculous, when after each surgery, those,who were listening to you, Doctors, friends who undergo same procedures still were afraid, are coming with huge smile, hugging you and say--thank you, and even though you played a miserable part in whole process, I was flying home every single day! It is Not a job, It is blessing to be able to Love People, it is blessing to be able to help those in need!
Pros
Great Doctors, Teachers...
Committed to Patients' Eye Care
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 9, 2015
State of the art facilities
Professionalism in colleagues
Patient care is rewarding
Well located
Academic Advancement
Professional and comfortable work place
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very busy. No matter how much you plan your day, it is very seldom that things goes as planned. I have learned that deliverance is key! "It's not what you say, It's how you say it." Management, Not good at all and that is all I will say. The hardest part of my job is trying not to take it home with me. The most enjoyable part are the patients and their families.
Great management and outstanding patient care.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2015
I have been working at MEEI for over a year. I learn everyday something new such as different Eye conditions and ENT conditions. The management is outstanding. I love my superior and my co workers they're all awesome. My team is phenomenal we all work together as one. My supervisor is always pushing for our team to be the best at what we do. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I have reached my goal at the end of my work day, that is making sure all my patients are satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients and providing excellence service and care. I love my job!
Highly productive
DIRECTOR CLINICAL PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Planning and implementation of clinical program growth. Design and construction of new outpatient facilities with Department of Health licensure. Integration of satellite operations and staff with main hospital processes and associates.
Pros
leadership and senior management
Cons
distance from family and located in a cold climate
Great People Great Environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2015
An overall fantastic work experience and great people. Had a a very good work/life balance and great people to work for.
Productive work place, Clean environment
Clinical Research Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2014
A typical work day, starts off very busy, ending with a nice soft wind down. I have learned more about Excel spread sheets, formulas and budgets. Coworkers phenomenal, kind and helpful.
Pros
free lunch, and treats
Cons
heavy work loads
Small Community Hospital in Center of Boston
Pediatric Unit, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 2, 2014
Great to find a hospital where most all staff members know one another in the center of Boston. Mass Eye and Ear such be more well known for the advancements in surgical care taking place there everyday.
Cons
11th floor needs renovations
Nice environment
Senior Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  weymouth, MASeptember 28, 2014
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I wouldn't mind being back there. I miss it!
Long time ago
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
25 years ago. Things were different. Things seemed a lt easier.

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Reviews by Location