Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Employee Reviews

Is a good teaching hospital
Release of Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Very busy setting with a lot of daily task

I learned how to communicate and multi task

The management was very helpful

The culture is very diverse

There was not a hard part of the job. I enjoyed working at the phacility.

The day to day encounters with all my co-workers and the patients.
Pros
A great place to learn
Cons
Not having enough team work amongst co-workers
they willing to give people a chance to work for there company
Communication Coordinator/ Switch board operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2016
mass eye and ear is a great company to work for but there is not much room for growth to move forward I worked there for over nine years and was not able to move forward I wanted more and I was not able to get that there
Pros
good benefits nice people to work with
Cons
not enought growth
Not a pleasant place to work!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2016
This company done not respect the hard work and effort of its employees. There are several department heads that are disrespectful and unprofessional towards employees.. There is a lot of cultural favoritism within this organization..
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment, lack of cultural awareness
fun
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
great place to work. amazing staff and environment. Would recommend it to others. Hands on learning and growth. A memorable experience that has helped me grow.
Excellent Clinic
Medical Coder/Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2016
It was a pleasure to help open the MEEI Longwood Clinic. The providers and staff are top notch. I would recommend a clinic job to anyone.
Fun place to be in with a lot of new things to learn
Information Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Before joining Mass. Eye and Ear I've never worked in health care industry. I've learned how important and sensitive is the patient data and how important is it to protect it. I've learned about policies like HIPAA after joining Mass. Eye & Ear.
Worst employment I've ever had
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2016
This place needs a new CEO because clearly they don't know how to run an establishment. The emergency room is under incompetent management who treat their employee's like garbage. They change around employee's shift without any regard to the employees.. EVEN though those employees have set scheduled shifts that they signed contracts for. The benefits suck! they are extremely over priced!
Pros
you'll have a job.
Cons
no parking, expensive benefits, terrible management, disrespect on a daily basis
Very Professional Doctor staff, but Technicians not as much
Senior Ophthalmic Technician II (COA) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
MEEI Retina department has a highly skilled and professional doctor staff, including the residents and fellows that they bring in. The customer care and services is very well organized.
However, the organization and management of technicians is slightly lacking. There is a slightly unfriendly atmosphere with a somewhat high turn around times.
Pros
Doctors, staff
Cons
Technicians Management, Work culture
Fun workplace
STAFF ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
I work for the NIDCD Temporal Bone Registry which is located in the hospital & run by one particular doctor, researchers, lab techs and an administration staff. My work day is pretty easy & low key. My office is composed of myself & my coodinator. She's very flexible & we work well with each other. Working for this organization has thought me professionalism, hospital politics etc. This is the type of things that goes on within a company. I enjoy my job, I love coming to work knowing that I can make a different & help someone's family fullfil their wishes. I also look forward to working along side my coodinator. The hardest part of my job is not being able to fullfil a donor's wishes upon their passing, having to tell thier family that we were unable to carry out their donation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shortbreaks
The Professional Billing Department in Quincy, MA is a mess
Payment Posting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 23, 2015
Seriously:
Cat fights in the hallway
No regard for HIPPA or PPI
Verbal abuse, intimidation, blame shifting and threats made to employees by management
Some of the worst nepotism Ive seen....
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everything else
great place to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2015
Mass Eye and Ear is a good place to work for. The staff is like a small family. When there is a crisis such as someone quitting, the rest of us pull together and work over time to maintain the needs of the pharmacy. There is room for advancement if you really apply yourself. As in all places there is red tape or gray areas and politics involved at times but all in all it is a good place to work for.
Fast paced work environment in the heart on Boston
OR Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in and setting up the computer and the files for that day. I learned a lot regarding the insurances for patients and the goings on of a hospital... ex. programs on the computer to be used, differences between management and offices in regard to the financial or medical help involved for patients. The hardest part of the job was probably moving dates for operations of patients, however, they could be moved at any number of times that they would require. Certainly the most enjoyable part of the job was working with good co-workers and friendly people.
very Busy place alot to lean lots of multitasking involved keeps one very productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MaMay 13, 2015
Its a fun job very busy most days people are nice Doctors are good, small Hospital but very tight knit patients are great, I enjoyed the time I spent there
Pros
fun staff easy to if to if you don't drive
Cons
Small no room to grow and no free parking and no where around the area to park on the street
Professional and comfortable work place
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very busy. No matter how much you plan your day, it is very seldom that things goes as planned. I have learned that deliverance is key! "It's not what you say, It's how you say it." Management, Not good at all and that is all I will say. The hardest part of my job is trying not to take it home with me. The most enjoyable part are the patients and their families.
Great management and outstanding patient care.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2015
I have been working at MEEI for over a year. I learn everyday something new such as different Eye conditions and ENT conditions. The management is outstanding. I love my superior and my co workers they're all awesome. My team is phenomenal we all work together as one. My supervisor is always pushing for our team to be the best at what we do. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I have reached my goal at the end of my work day, that is making sure all my patients are satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients and providing excellence service and care. I love my job!
Great Hospital....
Sr. Medical Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2014
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary has by far been my most favorite place of employment so far. Every day there was constant interaction with patients, nurses, doctors and other Medical Staff Assistants. The manager on my floor was very professional and caring. The employees were all very friendly. Every day was enjoyable and the hardest part was dealing with sad medical situations with professionalism.
Pros
Very good medical coverage
Cons
The rotation of Fellows and Residents (doctors in training)
Great place to work and be more advanced professionally.
Senior Pharmacy Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2012
I learned more about specialty pharmacy compounding and IV preparations.

I became more closely acquainted with the clinical aspects of pharmacy work, as I related with doctors and nurses on the medical floors relating to patient medications, etc.

I also became more closely acquainted with the pharmacy department's involvement with clinical research work done at the hospital, using different experimental drugs.
Pros
enjoyable professional interactive environment.
Cons
somewhat fast paced work at times with different work demands.
More like a huge family than a work place
Facial Nerve Monitor/Infant Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2012
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary is a large hospital that feels like a small home. Everyone says hello to you even if you don't know who they are. There are always little parties and smiles to be seen here and it is an absolutely amazing place to work. The best part is that the patients can also tell that this is the environment created at MEEI and the majority respond positively to it.
Pros
great environment, fantastic facilities, outstanding place for networking
Cons
the building is ugly
Great place with great people
Line cook, Prep cook, and server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2013
Show up in the predawn hours and get the kitchen up and running working close with the department manager until the rest of the crew showed up. I worked close with the director and with the rest of the crew learning the procedures and how the kitchen works. The management and the co-workers were the best people to work with that I have ever worked with.
Pros
free lunches and free training
Cons
parking was hard
Highly productive
DIRECTOR CLINICAL PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Planning and implementation of clinical program growth. Design and construction of new outpatient facilities with Department of Health licensure. Integration of satellite operations and staff with main hospital processes and associates.
Pros
Leadership and senior management
Cons
Distance from family and located in a cold climate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Our community is ready to answer.

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Reviews by Location