Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment in the heart on Boston
OR Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in and setting up the computer and the files for that day. I learned a lot regarding the insurances for patients and the goings on of a hospital... ex. programs on the computer to be used, differences between management and offices in regard to the financial or medical help involved for patients. The hardest part of the job was probably moving dates for operations of patients, however, they could be moved at any number of times that they would require. Certainly the most enjoyable part of the job was working with good co-workers and friendly people.
very Busy place alot to lean lots of multitasking involved keeps one very productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MaMay 13, 2015
Pros: fun staff easy to if to if you don't drive
Cons: Small no room to grow and no free parking and no where around the area to park on the street
Its a fun job very busy most days people are nice Doctors are good, small Hospital but very tight knit patients are great, I enjoyed the time I spent there
A lot of professionals left due to Unprofessional management!
OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great Doctors, Teachers...
Among super Professionals and Greatest Doctors, there are some low management who have no idea of what are they talking about which leads to conflicts among personal! Greatest Doctors I've ever seen! Beautiful personalities! But OMG, some nasty unprofessional management who only tries to cover their narrowmlndness and absence of knowledge by damping others under the system, which of course always covers management! Most enjoyable part of the job is Ability to Help, feeling of meaning, purpose of life, happiness from being able to make someone's life a bit easier a bit better, happiness being part of something miraculous, when after each surgery, those,who were listening to you, Doctors, friends who undergo same procedures still were afraid, are coming with huge smile, hugging you and say--thank you, and even though you played a miserable part in whole process, I was flying home every single day! It is Not a job, It is blessing to be able to Love People, it is blessing to be able to help those in need!
Committed to Patients' Eye Care
Investigator (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2015
State of the art facilities
Professionalism in colleagues
Patient care is rewarding
Well located
Academic Advancement
Professional and comfortable work place
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very busy. No matter how much you plan your day, it is very seldom that things goes as planned. I have learned that deliverance is key! "It's not what you say, It's how you say it." Management, Not good at all and that is all I will say. The hardest part of my job is trying not to take it home with me. The most enjoyable part are the patients and their families.
Great management and outstanding patient care.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2015
I have been working at MEEI for over a year. I learn everyday something new such as different Eye conditions and ENT conditions. The management is outstanding. I love my superior and my co workers they're all awesome. My team is phenomenal we all work together as one. My supervisor is always pushing for our team to be the best at what we do. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I have reached my goal at the end of my work day, that is making sure all my patients are satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients and providing excellence service and care. I love my job!
Highly productive
DIRECTOR CLINICAL PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: leadership and senior management
Cons: distance from family and located in a cold climate
Planning and implementation of clinical program growth. Design and construction of new outpatient facilities with Department of Health licensure. Integration of satellite operations and staff with main hospital processes and associates.
Great People Great Environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2015
An overall fantastic work experience and great people. Had a a very good work/life balance and great people to work for.
Productive work place, Clean environment
Clinical Research Revenue Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch, and treats
Cons: heavy work loads
A typical work day, starts off very busy, ending with a nice soft wind down. I have learned more about Excel spread sheets, formulas and budgets. Coworkers phenomenal, kind and helpful.
Small Community Hospital in Center of Boston
Pediatric Unit, Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 2, 2014
Cons: 11th floor needs renovations
Great to find a hospital where most all staff members know one another in the center of Boston. Mass Eye and Ear such be more well known for the advancements in surgical care taking place there everyday.
Nice environment
Senior Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), weymouth, MASeptember 28, 2014
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I wouldn't mind being back there. I miss it!
Long time ago
Staff RN (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
25 years ago. Things were different. Things seemed a lt easier.
Student nurse-good experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
Only problem here is they are very specific in their work from the neck up so experience is somewhat limited
Poor Management
Patient service coordinator (Former Employee), BostonAugust 28, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, vacation time and sick time, competitive wages
Cons: poor management; a general feeling of higher ups not caring
Great doctors and nursing staff, felt like family
No room for growth in satellite locations
Lack of communication from management
Lack of protection from management
No affirmative action taken when things go wrong
Executive Assistant
Executive Secretary to Chief of Radiology (Former Employee), BostonJuly 16, 2014
Pros: chief of radiology
Cons: manager
Great boss; horrible micro-manager! Boss was terrific; manager liked to pit one against the other -
Great Hospital....
Sr. Medical Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 28, 2014
Pros: very good medical coverage
Cons: the rotation of fellows and residents (doctors in training)
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary has by far been my most favorite place of employment so far. Every day there was constant interaction with patients, nurses, doctors and other Medical Staff Assistants. The manager on my floor was very professional and caring. The employees were all very friendly. Every day was enjoyable and the hardest part was dealing with sad medical situations with professionalism.
Great learning
PACU Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 10, 2014
Cons: not my preferred specialty
I love working at Mass Eye and Ear and have found this to be a great experience learning to work with pre and post surgical.
too many management cons
Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: excellent doctors! some nice people but always watching their backs.
Cons: management could care less about you and were mean!
Nice place to work and to learn new things. Never felt anyone had my back.
micro managment
I.S. Team Lead (Former Employee), bostonJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great palce overall
Cons: micro management, no team players
great place to work with out the micro management.
team lead overlooking the help desk and day to day roles of 6 people.
good place to work
Charge entry billing clerk, registration and A/R (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: moved to quincy, ma
The only reason I left was they moved to Quincy,MA. I enjoyed the people and my job. There was also room for growth. But the move made up my mind.

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Salaries