Massachusetts General Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Being a student nurse at Massachusetts General Hospital offered me a lot of unique opportunities. It enhanced my nursing skills and provided me with a lot of experience with patients and families.
Typical work day
Patient Care Associate on Bigelow 10 (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Awesome work place. great staff. Management is good. Hardest part of the job is the patient load. Most enjoyable part of the job is bonding with patients.
great place to work and help others
CRITICAL CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  55 Fruit St. BostonJune 19, 2017
Working for MGH is a wonderful experience. I have learned so much from so many good people. is a busy place and very demanding job. I have learned to be multitask and to prioritize duties, I gained so many skills and it was very rewarding.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
extreme physical work
Productive and fun work place
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2017
MGH provides many opportunities and resources to its employees.The coworkers, management, and patients make this job enjoyable. A typical day at work involves checking in patients, scheduling appointments, working on on with the PT/OT therapists.
Productive and fun place to work
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 18, 2017
My typical day involves reading and writing scientific papers and reports. I perform extensive bench work. I learned quite a lot at MGH. It is a fun place to work independently on any project of my choice. the hardest part is in publishing papers but it is also the most enjoyable aspect and quite rewarding too..
love the place
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2017
i love that i get treated with respect, the team work is incredible. the job place is organized and settled. the manager is very understanding and is always willing to help when needed
Great experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working in the operating room. I left to raise my family. I worked in the pediatric operating room circulating and scrubbing. We did urology, orthopedics and neurosurgery.
Secretary
Administrative Assistant for Infectious Disease (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients and my co workers. The department was not very well organized but I was able to manage to get my job done in an efficient timely manor.
Pros
My co workers helped and made it all work.
Cons
Not enough help.
Job culture needs improvement
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2017
A typical day can get really busy, but has quiet moments as well. Compensation could be better as we are key in coordinating the unit. The hierarchy is obvious. Some doctors feel superior to the nurses who feel superior to coordinators, etc.
Pros
Located right on the red line
Cons
short breaks
Great hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2017
Your skills advance as you save lives. Great employer. Allows room to grow as an individual and as a team. This is my first nursing employer and I'm so glad to have started here.
good place to work at
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2017
Plenty of staff education available, proper staffing numbers, 12 hour shifts., All time over scheduled time paid at time &a half, excellent employee health department, ability for advancement in any area of medicine
Pros
good location
Cons
harsh winters
great clinical
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2017
I only worked here in a clinical setting, but I had a great experience with my coordinator and other students in clinical- it was also a very modern hospital.
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Internship (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
Everyday at work I enjoy every moment on what I was doing. I learned that everyone had different things to do and I got to get a tour around the department and learned how they make the scientific slides.
Pros
Meet new people
great place to work for
Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
it is a very busy place, excellent stuff, great team work. i have learned mean thinks over the years i work there.There was always work to do which made time go by fast. I had my won business while at MGH and the schedule were very accommodating to my schedule. Management and my coworkers were very friendly and welcoming. they made me feel as part of the company and family. love working there i wouldn't live it wasn't for personal situation.
great place
Staff Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
nice place to work. very friendly people. great opportunities and management is great and very supportive as well as your co workers.
Mbta accessible and convenient
Pros
growth opportunity
Feels like family
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2017
After having been employed by MGH for the past decade, I can honestly say that it feels like a family atmosphere. My coworkers are compassionate healthcare professionals who take great pride in providing patients with the finest care possible. The hardest part of my job is caring for those patients who are extremely nervous and anxious pending their upcoming surgeries. It is rewarding when I am able to ease their anxiety and place them in a happy place of comfort. Management can be frustrating at times when it seems as though managers don't always advocate for their workers. Overall, I am happy in this fast paced environment.
Pros
Patient interaction, environment of excellence
Cons
Poor management
Best place to work
Administrative Coordinator/ Sr. Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2017
I should have continued at MGH this hospital is high tech and af tree r having them save a family member I would love to give back by working there until retirement
Productive/ teamwork
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 1, 2017
I'm an excellent worker, always on time and ready to do my Job. Team player. Works well with others. Does job efficiently and in a timely manner. She is able to multitask from being Medical assistant to administration.
Recently stressful
Food Service Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 27, 2017
Stressful and no room for promotion. Not valued enough in position for work ethics.I worked from Monday through Friday and every other weekend. I was off on every other Mondays and Fridays and enjoyed spending time with my family including 15 month old son and wife.
Benefits
Cons
No room to advance
Blessed Company
Division Administrator / Assistant to Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2017
I love working for MGH. The benefits are great! The people are great and there a great sense of job security. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to serve and feeling appreciated. My boss always makes me feel like I am an important part of the team.
Cons
The pay scale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4