Massachusetts General Hospital

Massachusetts General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

MGH is a great organization to work for
Patient Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  MGH ChelseaAugust 18, 2016
I have been working for MGH for 6 years, and it has been a great experience. It is a great organization, they are fair and respectful to their employees.
A good company to work for.
Community Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAAugust 15, 2016
Best work culture/environment you can find. Most people you work with are nice. The company recognizes employees who go above and beyond; and offers one of the best compensation packages in the job market.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, company based retirement plan, subsidized health insurance, etc...
Excellent hospital with great staff
Travel Nurse, Emergency Observation Unit (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2016
MGH is a wonderful place to work. It is the number one hospital for a reason. The resources available to staff and patients are top grade. The care provided by the health team is superior. Working at this facility provides endless amount of growth and opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the best nurses and physicians in a collaborative manner.
Clinical researcher
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2016
I worked in the pediatric neurology clinical research department and worked on clinical trials with anti-seizure medications and their side effects and effectiveness in controlling pediatric seizures.
Pros
great work environment
Productive and growing environment
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2016
Massachusetts General hospital is a great hospital and great company. They are constantly researching to not only law the work place better but also to find better treatments and cures for patients. The nurses and doctors I worked with were amazing people and I was proud to work with them.
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Very good learning experience, Great motivated people.
Very good job to start career and improve skills. Need to show
initiative to move up the ladder.
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2016
Overall great work environment. Good benefits and opportunity for growth and development. They have a lot of programs available to employees who are looking for career advancement and continued education.
Pros
Easy commute, good variety of places to have lunch
Great place for internships
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2016
Here i was gaining professional skills such as customer service, Organizational skills, communication etc. I enjoyed myself and had a great team of wonderful fun and humorous people. There was great food for lunch and i learned so much about what goes on behind the scenes in hospital. They have great internships and will allow you to continue there if you would like. Anyone who applies here will very much enjoy it.
excellent
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2016
people are so nice, willing to help.

nice environment to work at, quiet, comfortable, and safe.

transportation is easy too.
Productive and stress
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2016
Working at MGH was a positive experience. A good stepping stone for people looking to transition into pharmaceutical industry. Pay is not that great for regulatory professionals compared to industry, but jobs are secure and benefits are excellent. Great place to network and make connections, and work-life balance is acceptable is opportunity to learning get the experience. salary is not very good.
Excellent Place to work
Operations Associate- White (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2016
Voted #1 hospital in 2015 by US News and World Report. Provides excellent benefits such as Blue Cross/ Blue Shield health insurance and 401k after 3 years.
Awesome place to work
Front Desk Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2016
MGH is a great place to work. I have been working there for the past 9 years. I enjoy helping people who need help.
I have to say that all my co-workers are as family. We all work together and help each other out.
They are willing to work with you to help you grow.
I live in Fitchburg now and would like to work closer to Home.
Pros
We get 45 min. for lunch
Mgh
Operations Associate- White (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2016
Excellent place to work. Voted #1 hospital in 2015 by US News and World Report. They provide excellent benefits such as BlueCoss/BlueShield health insurance, 401k after 3 years, and earned time and sick time.
Review
Operation Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2016
A good place to work is not how you threat the top leaders and CEO, is how you threat the bottom-line employees, the lower pay people in the organization. MGH should should conduct a survey on how top leaders are threat the lower rank employees in the organization.
Busy place to work
Emergency Department Transporter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2016
Its big hospital to work in and time goes by quick. Everyday is different day in the emergency department. Some days are smooth and some days your moving all day.
Pros
everyday is different
Busy environment.
Patient Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Hemodialysis UnitMay 18, 2016
I have enjoyed the wonderful opportunity to work at MGH and see what working with inpatients was like. I've developed relationships with coworkers in the dietary and transport departments.
Pros
I have enjoyed learning new computer systems.
Cons
EPIC has been a big adjustment for our hospital
Excellent work ambiance.
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 9, 2016
The hospital give you the opportunity based most on your knowledge and experience, giving you the opportunity to give the best patient care you can offer. The pay is fair and the work environment is safe and enjoyable.
Pros
Union and pay
Fast-Paced and Up to date technology CT scanning
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in all areas of CT (outpatient, inpatient, Interventional, ER, OR, portable) while developing exceptional patient care.
Use most current technology.
Pros
Current technology
Cons
Hourly Rate lower than all surrounding comparable hospitals.
Over worked and not respected
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2016
I felt like I was over worked and not respected, the work was repetitive, no channels for promotion. However my colleagues were the best aspect about the job.
Productive and on the go
Epic Go Live TDR/MPO Admin Systems (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2016
Was always on the move from workstation to workstation. I learned how to deal with different types of individuals. Management was amazing. Any issues I encountered I was able to comfortably talk to management about and they did their best to resolves issues. My co-workers were great and willing to go above and beyond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4