Massachusetts General Hospital

Massachusetts General Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Secretary (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible, Networking
Cons: Long hours
Love the job, always something new to do. management could be better. Enjoy the people around me that I work with. Hardest part is about dealing with sometimes rude people.
Systems
Systems Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 22, 2015
• Maintain calendar for Director and Application Project Manager
• Software & Equipment installation and maintenance
• Perform desk side, phone and remote support to readily resolve end users problem
• Manages office staff relocation and construction projects
• Requesting and updating Outlook Globals
• Manages all ergonomic purchases/installations based on Occupational Health’s staff ergonomic evaluations.
• Requesting and granting access to systems and shared folders.
• Purchases and maintains database of software licenses, laptops, computers, printers, etc.
• Provide technical support for printers, fax machines, etc.
Fun work and satisfying
Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Professional
Cons: Hard to transfer from one department to the next
I enjoyed working in the Development department, it was fun and satisfying. I liked very much helping out with the events and all the administrative tasks that were required of me.
Great hospital with passionate healthcare providers
PCA (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 15, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at MGH. The patients are what makes all the hard days worth it. I learned not to let the few difficult coworkers get to me, and to always keep the focus on the patient and their experience.
competitive work environment & flexible work schedule
Professional Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 12, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
friendly work environment with very supportive co-workers and staff. Education is a top priority. Great place to work!
Busy, Great working enivornment and always offering new learnings.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits, very diverse environment
Cons: Expensive tastless food
A typical day at work will be mixing sterile iv's or either setting up labels and sending in to through the oven to be mixed by the technician assigned for iv. I have learned manufacturing sterile products for the hospital, ordering supplies, demand picks for omnicell, preparing investigation drugs under pharmacist orders and learning to use the pump machine. In such a big hospital, management wasn't the best but management tried their best to fix every error and problem in the pharmacy. Co-workers comes in all different personality, fun to work with and easy to social with. The hardest part of the job is when work load gets to heavy and it feels like you have the world on your shoulders but eventually everything gets done. I enjoy mixing sterile products, being able to assist new employees and overall working with hard working people who appreciates the field as much as I do.
Review
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent Nursing Culture
Cons: Old Hospital
Excellent large academic medical center where nurses are highly regarded and treated with respect and admiration. Excellent ratios but no legal staffing ratios. Excellent upper management.
MGH lives by its credo 'Excellence Everyday"
Urology Clinic - Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), MGH Northshore- Danvers MaMay 5, 2015
MGH is a nice place to work. Busy work environment. Challenging and always different. The benefit package is really terrific. Co-workers always helpful.
Safe place to work
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 3, 2015
My daily routine was to support the team with scanning and filing documents, handling administrative work, entering database and requested medical records from other clinics.
The internship was just 2 days per week in 3 months, so it is hard to tell what the pros and cons; but in general, it was a pleasure to be there and learn the basic things of administrative work.
Great place
Student intern (Current Employee), BostonApril 27, 2015
Its a great place to work as a student intern. Its busy place. Fast pace. Excellence team work. The most enjoyable part of a student intern is learning what you would be doing in the medical field.
Security (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Some days were slow since it was a summer time job, I learned that you should always help someone in need , my co workers and boss were nice people to be surrounded by. There was no hard part and the most enjoyable part was helping other in need.
A Good Place To Learn
Research Technician II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 21, 2015
MGH is a good place to learn about doing disease-related research. Working environment is very positive and friendly. Boss and co-workers are intelligent. Science researchers are under-paid though.
Never a dull moment
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 19, 2015
The bright side is every day is a learning experience; the educational component is lifechanging and far surpasses anything I anticipated; There are highs and lows that make this job unique unto itself.
Great place to work!
Undergraduate Research Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 18, 2015
Fantastic research, amazing researchers and a wealth of support and resources. A very collaborative environment in which to do research (both basic, translational and clinical).
Executive Assistant
Bulfinch Temp Contracting (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment with highly-skilled professionals.
Cons: Long commuting time.
Working in upper management's offices gave me great exposure to high-level systems and processes. The people cared greatly about each other and their work.
Valuable experience
Full-time Medical/Surgical RN (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 11, 2015
Massachusetts General Hospital was a great place to work because of the variety and high quality of medical care provided to its patients. I am grateful I had the opportunity to work there.
Nutrition Information Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 11, 2015
Friendly co-workers, the office enviroment was productive but fun at the same time. The mangement staff were very supportive and understanding. Hours were great, so I always had more time to spend with my family.
Great hospital with wonderful people
Cancer Center Administration Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 10, 2015
Massachusetts General Cancer Center is full of bright, innovative people. They are great employees and truly work to find new ways to make patient's lives easier and more enjoyable as they go through some of their toughest times.
productive
Nutrition Information Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 10, 2015
A typical day at Mass General Hospital consist of answering telephone calls from the nursing staff. In addition help prepare and deliver patient orders to their rooms. Document patient information into the hospital system.
Great organization to work for!
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 9, 2015
The environment and the people that work here are truly amazing! Everyone is working towards a common goal so it makes it easier to work as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About Massachusetts General Hospital

Massachusetts General Hospital (Mass General) is hardly general. The 200-year-old acute care hospital is Harvard Medical School's – Read more

Massachusetts General Hospital Salaries