Massachusetts Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

great!
Media Associate and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 7, 2017
Super great place to work. I recommend working here. Salary could be better, but has fantastic benefits. Great Location, brilliant people.
Cold Weather.
web developer
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2017
 Professional in the art of designing and developing content-rich, and fully responsive for Websites of Universal Village
 Fully Responsible for maintaining, securing and updating the corporate website and configuring.
Excellent benefits and progressive culture
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2017
I love working here--you can feel the intelligence in the air! MIT leadership is extremely inclusive and progressive. The salaries for staff tend to be lower than average, because the emphasis is on benefits, which are great (I guess they pay high profile faculty the big bucks!)
Support Staff is treated like a second class citizen
Emergency Planner/Trainer and Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Depending on where you work at MIT depends upon your experience. Overall the community is made up of extremely kind and impressive people. However retention of current employees is not a priority combined with illegal human resources practices I would carefully ask questions of your supervisor and get everything in writing. The policies that are listed on the website are not necessarily institute wide. Also there is a huge difference in benefits for salary and non salary employees. I believe MIT was a great employer at one time, however I can say my experience and several other individuals was poor. The vacation and benefits are excellent. Work life balance is difficult. Culturally it is a very unique place to work which I loved. My biggest complaint is human resources and they have one of the largest departments and are easily the least helpful.
Pros
lots of free events for the staff and students
Cons
no lunches, minimal salary increases, no conflict resolution
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoy my work at MIT for its work place culture. People respect each other and we all work our best to make everyday tasks go through smoothly. The hardest part of my job it to resolve conflicts between lab members; however, it does not happen often.
Pros
pension
Cons
NIL
Great Employer!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2017
MIT is great place to work with great benefits. It will be hard finding another company that matches the Institute in quality of personnel and benefits.
Great exposure for your work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2017
Excellent collaborations and research experience with state of the art resources. Excellent overall experience with scientists who thrive to be the best in their fields.
MIT Values its Employees
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Invests in their employees and supports a good work/life balance.

A familial culture. Human Resources is invested in keeping a quality workforce. They strive to make their employees feel appreciated.
Enjoy coming to work.
Nightwatch (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Great work environment.
Enjoy colleagues.
Benefits
401k
Union
Respectable pay

Enjoy my employment with MIT. Environment in community is motivational an uplifting.
Benefits
Cons
Hours; schedule.
Productive and Well equipped
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 24, 2017
MIT loves challenges. If it's financial, networking, or project management, work here is never stagnate, it's very exciting to be part of new research.
mobile app development
Mobile Device & App Consultant- (I&ST) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 6, 2017
Programmed MIT-developed software.

Hardest part of the job is working with other departments (who rely on different technology)

Best part of job is being in a academic environment
MIT is a great long-term place to work
Events and Outreach Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 27, 2016
MIT is a good place to work and it offers lots of opportunities for growth. They also offer a lot of educational training and have great employee benefits.
College Environment
Clerical Asst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working at the College interacting with students and professors, but unfortunately the CEO were unfair and manipulating using deception to get a worker dismissed from their job.
Demanding
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 30, 2016
Its MIT high stressed, demanding atmosphere. Lots of room for movement through out institute is one plus though salary is commiserate with other higher ed institutions dont expect to break the bank
Productive and inspirational workplace
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  USANovember 27, 2016
This is a highly, productive, inspirational and demanding institution. There is a good work and collaborative atmosphere.
Campus workplace
Research Engineer (Software), Bio Engineering (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 17, 2016
Learned a lot of new things. Co-workers were great and highly educated. Lots of exposure to scientific techniques, and analysis of data.
good
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2016
good place to work with advancements, depending on your position job may be boring. culture is strong and management is effective. Oh and if you are so inclined, take a class or two
Surrounded by the most smart people.
reseat (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 20, 2016
Dynamic an fun place to work. Learning from the best professionals , the competition is hard.
The people here are among the most talent scientist you can find in the world.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
Obgyn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MitSeptember 20, 2016
I have work at the Obgyn the manager and staff are bully and disrespectful to new hired staff. You also have to be there on favorite.
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 19, 2016
I had a good working experience at MIT. It was a fun place to work i had a great time at MIT The work we did was cleaning mechanical rooms. I hope I can find a similar job.
Pros
nice people that are helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Reviews by Location