Massachusetts Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Excellent place for good research
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Adjustable hours
Excellent core facilities and collaboration possibilities. Great talks to attend constantly. Adjustable working hours, pleasant co-workers. Ability to attend great conferences to present your data. Good supervision and mentoring.
Good
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 20, 2015
It was nice working with professor's. They were very professional and courteous. Because they had high expectations, I had high expectations. I also got a chance to work their research groups and students.
A very good computational biology program
Doctoral Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 23, 2015
The course requirements in CSB graduate program is very flexible. The course 6 classes are very helpful in general. The whitehead institute is a good place to work.
Nice place to be in
Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Heaven for learning
Cons: No provision for hostel accommodation
Most of the days I worked at MIT were full of new challenges, sessions of brainstorming to look for newer approaches to solve them as well as anxiety and excitement to see if your idea has worked. In the process, I learned, not only to practise independent research, but also to think, design, execute, analyze and present academically/industrially relevant projects. Apart from being extremely demanding both physically and mentally, the hardest part of the job was to overcome the frustration of any experimental result that did not work the way you thought. Also the most satisfying part was the excitement and joy that comes along when you find something novel. In addition, I would also cherish the transformation through the newly developed inclination to think along the lines of the applied aspect my work.
positive academic atmosphere
o Section Head, Libraries' Acquisitions Department (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 3, 2015
Pros: very positive academic environment; brilliant students & faculty
Cons: pressure at times for MIT to adhere to corporate practices rather than academic
The atmosphere at MIT has changed in recent years. It's still an enlightened and humane place to work, and it's trying to balance that philosophy with the demands of the current work and economic climate.
Excellent place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 12, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great corporate culture. Management is quite good. Co-workers and staff are collaborative. No complaints at all.
Team worked with not helpful - End Users serviced are excellent
Level 2 Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 4, 2015
Cons: Work days are extremely long
Team worked with not helpful - End Users serviced are excellent.

Great place to meet and network with people.
Very relaxed back environment.
Electronics & Computer Hardware Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 29, 2015
Cons: Terrible commute
Working with smartest guys in a world is pretty exciting. I have my own lab room full of equipment. Different work every other week
Excellent place for brainstorm
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: efficient work, unique experience
Cons: weather, small campus
Prestige research environment to efficiently publish your research results, a lot of great and smart friends to learn each other, meet a lot of visitor from worldwide.
Amazing university with excellent communication.
Video Editor/Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 18, 2014
Working remotely, I am able to produce a lot of great content with my Producer at any location. Flexibility is remarkable and I work on a per project basis. The difficult side of this job is that, aside from excellent communication, most of it is entirely email or phone based which can get tricky with video editing when finalizing a product. The most satisfying reward is always with the production value of the content produced, and knowing I have a contributing hand in the success of a high profile university to some degree.
Excellent opportunity for career advancement
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 8, 2014
There are many good opportunities for future career development, either in academic or industrial area.
It was a great place to work
Cleaning Tech (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 27, 2014
I enjoyed the job and management. I rarely worked with other people and worked at my own pace
fun and productive environment
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 15, 2014
Supervisor was pro-employee, attentive, and willing to teach. The entire experience was enriching and productive.
great job, ok pay, tough hours
Head Sailing Coach / Phys Ed Instructor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 6, 2014
great coworkers, great student/student-athletes, below average pay, great benefits, many many weekends traveling
Very good place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 2, 2014
Very good place to do research. You can meet with the most talented people from all over the world.
Interesting depending on the department
Financial Assistant II- Koch Institute (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 12, 2014
My experience was not the best, I had no chance for advancement in my department. Some co workers spoke and some didn't, very miserable people
Very Rigorous Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2014
You are required and expected to give your very best and deliver results. It's a tough environment but the invaluable experience is worth it - you learn from and with the very best.
You know what MIT is like.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 21, 2014
Surrounded by super intelligent, hard-working people. Drive to excel in science is very apparent, and for anyone interested in academia, there is no better place to be.
Relaxed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
MIT, it has a relaxed atmosphere. it is an interesting place, all the experiments and interesting people.
The atmosphere of new ideas s fun and exciting.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 14, 2014
High profile speakers are constantly visiting MIT and opportunities are abound.