Massachusetts Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Great Job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 23, 2017
I handled data and from time to time helped deliver packages when needed. Unfortunately my position was temporary, however I enjoyed it non the less. Fun place to work.
Pros
Interesting People, and great co workers
Cons
Long commute
Good company
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  assistantJune 22, 2017
This is a good work environment. Very organized and structured with a lot of great employees. I enjoyed working here and would reccomend it to anyone.
Work life balance is honored
Workers Compensation Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 16, 2017
If there is nothing I can say about being at MIT it is that my work life balance has increased six fold versus corporate world/private industry. I am so much more balanced and relaxed.
Pros
Worklife
Cons
commute
It's a great institute
Administrative /Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 16, 2017
It's a great institutions and place of employment. The students are wonderful and I don't dislike my job. I believe I am not compensated fairly.

i work in the medical department and the doctors are top notch. There is yoga and mindfulness and Koru for students and meditation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
less than acceptable hourly rate
Good workplace for learning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 15, 2017
Very good workplace for developing Accounting Skills.
Complex mission driven technical environment with a focus on excellence. A great place to learn and good employee benefits.
It was a great opportunity
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 25, 2017
It was a great experience for working there. You put yourself out there and people seeing your working skills and your capacity. You will always have opportunity to come to you.
very professional
Cost Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 25, 2017
MIT is a very competitive university and the offices that help it run are very professional. Great staff, wouldn't exchange my experiences working there for the world
Its wonderful to teach students at MIT
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 30, 2017
It a highly enriching experience to work with senior professors and teach students at MIT. It has several duties like holding classes, exams, office hours
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Timings
ok place to
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIApril 2, 2017
great place to work ,the hours were ok .the pay was some-what low for the work they want you to do ,I guess that is so the hire-can have those new cars
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
Mit
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2017
MIT is an incredible place to work, play and study. full of brilliant people and of course mind blowing innovation! Just make sure you get the right job in the right department !
Pros
location, people, innovation
Cons
none, little bit expensive to live !
great!
Media Associate and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 7, 2017
Super great place to work. I recommend working here. Salary could be better, but has fantastic benefits. Great Location, brilliant people.
Cold Weather.
web developer
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2017
 Professional in the art of designing and developing content-rich, and fully responsive for Websites of Universal Village
 Fully Responsible for maintaining, securing and updating the corporate website and configuring.
Excellent benefits and progressive culture
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2017
I love working here--you can feel the intelligence in the air! MIT leadership is extremely inclusive and progressive. The salaries for staff tend to be lower than average, because the emphasis is on benefits, which are great (I guess they pay high profile faculty the big bucks!)
Support Staff is treated like a second class citizen
Emergency Planner/Trainer and Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Depending on where you work at MIT depends upon your experience. Overall the community is made up of extremely kind and impressive people. However retention of current employees is not a priority combined with illegal human resources practices I would carefully ask questions of your supervisor and get everything in writing. The policies that are listed on the website are not necessarily institute wide. Also there is a huge difference in benefits for salary and non salary employees. I believe MIT was a great employer at one time, however I can say my experience and several other individuals was poor. The vacation and benefits are excellent. Work life balance is difficult. Culturally it is a very unique place to work which I loved. My biggest complaint is human resources and they have one of the largest departments and are easily the least helpful.
Pros
lots of free events for the staff and students
Cons
no lunches, minimal salary increases, no conflict resolution
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoy my work at MIT for its work place culture. People respect each other and we all work our best to make everyday tasks go through smoothly. The hardest part of my job it to resolve conflicts between lab members; however, it does not happen often.
Pros
pension
Cons
Nil
Great Employer!
Area Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2017
MIT is great place to work with great benefits. It will be hard finding another company that matches the Institute in quality of personnel and benefits.
Great exposure for your work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2017
Excellent collaborations and research experience with state of the art resources. Excellent overall experience with scientists who thrive to be the best in their fields.
MIT Values its Employees
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Invests in their employees and supports a good work/life balance.

A familial culture. Human Resources is invested in keeping a quality workforce. They strive to make their employees feel appreciated.
Enjoy coming to work.
Nightwatch (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Great work environment.
Enjoy colleagues.
Benefits
401k
Union
Respectable pay

Enjoy my employment with MIT. Environment in community is motivational an uplifting.
Benefits
Cons
Hours; schedule.
Productive and Well equipped
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 24, 2017
MIT loves challenges. If it's financial, networking, or project management, work here is never stagnate, it's very exciting to be part of new research.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval