Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Employer Reviews

Exceptional leanrning environment
Security Coordinator (Former Employee), Lexington, MAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: lack of chances to be promoted
Lincoln provides a flexible and relaxed environment. Employees are great. But some management figures are out of touch or should not be in a management position.

Furthering education is encouraged.
nice people
desk clerk (Former Employee), cambridge, MAJuly 11, 2013
assisting students, sorting mail, secretarial duties, checking students into rooms, checking students out of their rooms, closing station at end of shift, opeening at beggining of shift.
450 memorial drive
Efficient high performing and collaborative working environment
Contract Administrator (18 month Term Position) (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2013
Pros: work life balance
A typical work day at MIT-OSP is fast paced, deadline driven, and consistently challenging. There is significant variety in the workload, in terms of the sponsors types, agreement/contract negotiations, awards, and questions/concerns from the departments/laboratories/centers.

Staff are very busy with their own portfolios, but try to maintain a friendly – more... and collaborative working environment.

Management are supportive and provide professional development opportunities to their staff. – less
Great academic programs
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 31, 2013
Excellent graduate education, challenging programs with exceptional support and environment for advancement.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2013
I enjoyed working at MIT as an administrative assistant in one of the departments. The professors that I supported were nurturing and kind. They placed a high value on training and development so I was able to get a lot of exposure to various areas of the department and their research. They included me in as much as possible to assist me in learning – more... what they did so that I could best support them. I wouldn't hesitate to return to work there. – less
Productive and Inspiring Work Place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 6, 2013
MIT is an excellent workplace. A typical day is very challenging often, productive and collaborative. Learnt a lot of new techniques and new instrument operations. Being a safety office in the lab, I have learnt and been responsible for quite a lot about safety issues in lab environment. Co-workers here are extremely helpful and always looking for collaboration – more... which increases productivity indeed. The hardest part is to live up to the expectations of the huge pharma company collaboration. The most enjoyable part is the challenges that I am faced with everyday. – less
Amazing people, culture, vision
Member of Executive Team (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 3, 2013
Working top minds in developing strategic solutions for some of the leading ventures in the Boston area!
Everything is about research, experiments, experiments every day!
Research Technologist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: smart people around!
I was involved in multiple medical research projects. Some of them were very ineresting and thereafter got published in recognized journals.
Greatest positive: work-life balance
Group Program Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: career stagnation
Offers a reasonably flexible work environment and good benefit package, but few opportunities for career advancement.
It's a life experience
Research Assistant - Transit Laboratory (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches, smart people, great community
Cons: little sleep?
MIT is completely different from anything I've ever experienced. I've never worked harder in my life, but I've also never felt more fulfilled.
Stimulating workplace
Research Engineer (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2013
Several meetings, part development, part writing, moderate to heavy email load. Best part interacting with multi-disciplinary teams.
Productive and diverse place to work
Office Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: working at an academic and scientific institution; friendly and helpful people
Filing scholarly journal articles, faxing, copying and mailing documents and maintaining an organized office. I enjoyed working here because the people were helpful and friendly. I enjoyed filing because I sometimes paused to read the abstracts and therefore learned a lot about the research that was being conducted by the principal investigator. I was – more... introduced to the scholarly journal, PNAS. This exposed me to a wonderful resource for scientific research. The hardest part of the job was that is was only temporary; I wish the administrative assistant whom I was filling in for needed a personal assistant! – less
Good place to work, decent benefits, nice environment
Financial Assistant II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good 401k match
Cons: hard to get promoted internally
The work can get routine but all in all MIT is a good place to work. Tuition benefits and 401K match excellent.
The Best Engineering School in the World
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: plenty of free food
Cons: small
Great place to study and do research, smart co-workers and managers. Excellent sport facilities and health services.
Truly a wonderful environment
Laboratory Manager/Techical Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: awesome people! excited, hard-working students and exceptional faculty! the most fascinating science at your fingertips.
Cons: academic salary
There just aren't enough good things that can be said about MIT!!
MIT is a cutting-edge community
Fiscal Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 30, 2012
MIT is an exciting place to work in research administration.
World-class research institute
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good research environment, good weather, good teacher, many good seminar around. it is a great place to obtain the newest research information
Cons: not much of any cons, but it there had to be one compensation could always be better
Gain a lot of experience! good atmosphere....good co workers...lack of excessive pressure.....good and neat surroundings everywhere.. good facilities.. personnel space available..
Telecom/Network Specialist
Telecom/Network Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington MaOctober 19, 2012
Worked as a team member on the Communications Infrastructure Upgrade Project that replaced all MIT Lincoln Lab existing wiring with new High Speed Single and Multi mode fiber optic cable.
Recent experience has afforded me with the occasion to oversee the Leaf Laser Fiber Optic GlowNet project from MIT Campus to Millstone Radar in Westford.
Worked for – more... MIT Lincoln Lab Group 65 with Terabyte speed laser test installation.
Installed fiber optic wiring at the MIT Millstone Radar for the Air Force Space Command multi-array BossNet project.
Worked with KG-194, STE, STU and L3 secure systems.
Worked with Verizon, Rotman Electrical, Quest and Cheyenne Mountain S.A.C.
Interfaced with Security Department for contractors and vendors needing access to secure areas. – less
Exciting place to work
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 11, 2012
Amazing place for research and development. smart people all around you. lots of opportunities for making contacts and getting to know the experts in the world.
Great Place to work
Financial Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 1, 2012
Great area to work and you get to meet many people. I learned many different things about the students groups