Massachusetts Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Good
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 20, 2015
It was nice working with professor's. They were very professional and courteous. Because they had high expectations, I had high expectations. I also got a chance to work their research groups and students.
A very good computational biology program
Doctoral Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 23, 2015
The course requirements in CSB graduate program is very flexible. The course 6 classes are very helpful in general. The whitehead institute is a good place to work.
Nice place to be in
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 11, 2015
Most of the days I worked at MIT were full of new challenges, sessions of brainstorming to look for newer approaches to solve them as well as anxiety and excitement to see if your idea has worked. In the process, I learned, not only to practise independent research, but also to think, design, execute, analyze and present academically/industrially relevant projects. Apart from being extremely demanding both physically and mentally, the hardest part of the job was to overcome the frustration of any experimental result that did not work the way you thought. Also the most satisfying part was the excitement and joy that comes along when you find something novel. In addition, I would also cherish the transformation through the newly developed inclination to think along the lines of the applied aspect my work.
Pros
Heaven for learning
Cons
No provision for hostel accommodation
positive academic atmosphere
o Section Head, Libraries' Acquisitions Department (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 3, 2015
The atmosphere at MIT has changed in recent years. It's still an enlightened and humane place to work, and it's trying to balance that philosophy with the demands of the current work and economic climate.
Pros
very positive academic environment; brilliant students & faculty
Cons
pressure at times for MIT to adhere to corporate practices rather than academic
Excellent place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 12, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great corporate culture. Management is quite good. Co-workers and staff are collaborative. No complaints at all.
Team worked with not helpful - End Users serviced are excellent
Level 2 Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2015
Team worked with not helpful - End Users serviced are excellent.

Great place to meet and network with people.
Very relaxed back environment.
Cons
Work days are extremely long
Electronics & Computer Hardware Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 29, 2015
Working with smartest guys in a world is pretty exciting. I have my own lab room full of equipment. Different work every other week
Cons
Terrible commute
great place
Crew member (Former Employee) –  hihgland caApril 22, 2015
good company good enviroment great place to work.
i would reccomend this job to any hardworking individual thanks again mit for the excellent job standards
A stimulating environment, with outstanding middle-level managment
Analytical Engineer & Applied Mathematician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 7, 2015
My career at the Francis Bitter National Magnet Laboratory at M.I.T. spanned 35 years, culminating as Assistant Head of the Magnet Technology Division. Year after year the Laboratory led the world in intensity of continuous magnetic field; my office mate and I are cited by name in 1980s editions of the Guinness Book of World Records. One could not ask for finer supervisors or co-workers.
Pros
Work satisfaction; excellent supervisors; fringe benefits; job security
Cons
Remuneration less than in private sector
Excellent place for brainstorm
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Prestige research environment to efficiently publish your research results, a lot of great and smart friends to learn each other, meet a lot of visitor from worldwide.
Pros
efficient work, unique experience
Cons
weather, small campus
Hands on Learning
Lab Assistant - Tribology Research Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Learned a lot in the labs.
Got a lot of hands on experiences.
Learned how to apply what you learn to the problems you need to fix.
Amazing university with excellent communication.
Video Editor/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2014
Working remotely, I am able to produce a lot of great content with my Producer at any location. Flexibility is remarkable and I work on a per project basis. The difficult side of this job is that, aside from excellent communication, most of it is entirely email or phone based which can get tricky with video editing when finalizing a product. The most satisfying reward is always with the production value of the content produced, and knowing I have a contributing hand in the success of a high profile university to some degree.
Productive and fun workplace
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 17, 2014
This was a great academic environment. It was great to see people so passionate about what their research. I research Huntington's Disease using a Drosophila model. Some of my job responsibilites included: maintaining fruit fly stocks, performing fly crosses to express certain genes to study, dissecting fly larvae, analyzing aggregates within fly neurons under microscope, and taking pictures using a confocal microscope. I also had the opportunity to present research at the University of California Los Angeles Research Symposium.
Excellent opportunity for career advancement
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 8, 2014
There are many good opportunities for future career development, either in academic or industrial area.
It was a great place to work
Cleaning Tech (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 27, 2014
I enjoyed the job and management. I rarely worked with other people and worked at my own pace
fun and productive environment
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2014
Supervisor was pro-employee, attentive, and willing to teach. The entire experience was enriching and productive.
great job, ok pay, tough hours
Head Sailing Coach / Phys Ed Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 6, 2014
great coworkers, great student/student-athletes, below average pay, great benefits, many many weekends traveling
Very good place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 2, 2014
Very good place to do research. You can meet with the most talented people from all over the world.
Interesting depending on the department
Financial Assistant II- Koch Institute (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 12, 2014
My experience was not the best, I had no chance for advancement in my department. Some co workers spoke and some didn't, very miserable people
Very Rigorous Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2014
You are required and expected to give your very best and deliver results. It's a tough environment but the invaluable experience is worth it - you learn from and with the very best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval