Massachusetts Port Authority Employee Reviews

Good company and friendly staff
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2017
I interned there from January-February 2017. The internship was successful as I learned all I needed to for my desires as well as the staff their being friendly and accommodating to the interns.
Friendly Staff, Experienced staff, monotonous
Electrical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
My time at MASSPORT was certainly a good experience. Staff was willing to help if I had any questions. Most of the people who work there have been in the field for years. However, this could be also seen as a negative because most of the employees were a lot older than I so upward mobility in the company could be difficult. Also, sometimes the work became monotonous and boring.
Horrible place to work at
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2017
Never ever ever go to this place to work. Highly political environment. Especially the audit department. No meaningful audit. Every audit had a political rivalry factor to it. Director was a witch.
Pros
Cons
Multiple
Great opportunity to learn, good work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAApril 1, 2017
I very much enjoyed my tenure at Massport. There are many opportunities to get involved in projects and initiatives. Worked with many fantastic, brilliant people.

There is not much opportunity for advancement. This is a function of both the lack of promotion from within as well as the "lifers" who are waiting for retirement - this is not to disparage these loyal employees. Just the way it is.
Pros
Work/life balance, learning opportunities
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
A very interesting and great place to meet all kinds of people from all over the world.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Sign Painter (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MANovember 10, 2016
There was never a typical day at the airport
Learned that dealing with people from all over the world can be very fulfilling.
Management was always there when needed
Hardest part was Winter time when you may have to spend days at the airport during snow storms
Enjoyable part was all the guys I worked with
Pros
Great working enviorment. Great benefits
Cons
No cons
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2016
Great benefits. Good state job. Good people. Good job. Good management. Nice location . Free parking. Working at the airport always interesting. Nice place.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2015
My internship was great. Worked with the firehouse, a bunch of great guys there. Always looking out for you and one another. I learned how to more effectively how to use team work to get things done.
Great place to work!
Noise Abatement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 7, 2015
Great benefits and great people! Fun and challenging work enviornment. Many talented members in this organization from top to bottom.
Productive and Interactive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAMay 11, 2015
Each day consisted of traveling around Paul W. Conley Terminal recording and collecting date and interacting with workers around the terminal.
great place to work
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 9, 2015
I had a rewarding and fulfilling experience at the Massachusetts Port Authority. I met a lot interesting people on a daily basis
Secure Job. Fun team
Junior Buyer (Current Employee) –  East BostonJuly 15, 2014
Junior Buyer, I love it here. fun and productive work days. I have learned to negotiate very effective with vendors. My co workers are awesome and have taught me a lot. The hardest part of the job is getting vendor to respond to RFQ's.
productive environment to work in
Senior Auditor/Staff Auditor/Junior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2013
While working for Massport I learned about accounting and finance and have been able to apply that experience to other areas of my professional life .
pier superintendant
Vessel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2013
The port authority was terrific, however the union, meaning ILA kept problems on the pier always. the benefit package through MASSPORT was great. the Job was very trying. as a manager and the differences with labor. This is a great place to work overall.
Massport offer great benefits
Program Manager, Asset Management, Community (Current Employee) –  Logan Airport Boston. MAMarch 13, 2013
Massport offer great benefits and is very beneficail for the upper management personel.
Not at all what you would expect
Accounting & Finance. (Former Employee) –  Massport. East BostonFebruary 12, 2013
Typical day.. Sit in your cube & work hard. Look up info needed by others, answer questions by phone etc..
I learned to keep my mouth shut and just work like a dog and learned that upper management does not give a hoot about your work ethics only about numbers. You are not a human being just a number. If you do good work & give all you have to the job, they will let you go..
Coworkers were the most enjoyable part of job. Great comradery.
Worst part was having to deal with upper management and obtuse people.
Pros
hmmmm.. none
Cons
they do not appreciate a hard working individual
great company to work for
Research Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2013
i interned for this company, internship was great! supervisor was very helpful and showed me many areas of company aside from work i was doing in the dept assigned to. learned a lot but there was no compensation for any of it. selection process by HR seems to be more of "who you know in the industry" rather than your actual experience
Pros
great people, lots to learn
Cons
internships are unpaid
Productive and fair work enviroment. A company that values diversity.
Risk Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Boston, MAOctober 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to commincate with many different people. I do enjoy the flexibility with my work schedule.
Day at work.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION AGENT, TRANSPORTATION UNIT (Current Employee) –  East Boston, MASeptember 30, 2012
Arrive at work at 5am. Provide customer service to the traveling public regarding various modes of transportation.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work outside 5 days a week all year around. standing all of the time
Great diverse work group.
Multi Port Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2012
Best job for meeting diverse people from all over the world.
Pros
fast paced and entertaining.
Excellent training seminars provided.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAJune 15, 2012
I enjoyed Interacting with staff representatives, as well as other co-workers in various departments, traveling public and State Police who retrieved lost luggage and other personal items.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
no overtime offered.