Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa Employer Reviews

massage envy
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great clients
Cons: hard to get raises
really nice clients. management is ok. owners are not very knowledgeable about massage. staff is nice. does not always have enough supplies. over all its a good place to start
EH!
Staff (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free each month, discount on retail and extra sessions.
Cons: no benefits, too much turnover
Can never find the right staff to run the clinic, then when they do finally find perfect people they run them away. Never any availabilty fo members to be able to come in even within the same week. Alot of unfairness for the people who have put dedication into the company. No proper training so therfore there is really no way to learn much unless you teach yourself.
Fun
Front desk Sales, Shift Leader (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: people, free product, free massage
Cons: management, pay
Fun group of people to work with. Alot of down time. Alot of hectic time. Lots of phone calls. Setting Appointments. Etc. Membership sales as well. Great shifts. Great group of people. Highly reccommended.
Transitional Job Only
Wellness Advisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, compensation, benefits
Cons: Lack of job security, Poor management, No benefits, Disorganized, A transitional job only. Pros: Work hours, co-workers, friendly customers.
leadership expereince
Clinic Business Manager (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: massage when i want
Cons: no retirement benefits
A typical work day at Massage Envy SPA includes is review client feedback for positive and opportunities. monitor key performance metrics fro feedback with the team. set up daily goals and give shout out to team fro previous day numbers.
check emails for priority customer service issues and follow ups.
Review any client requests and process account requests and follow up. Review daily register repots and make deposits and make change as needed.
I have learned quite a bit in this job experience because there has been an ownership change and general manager change that always has a re-learning curve to adjust to new expectations and prove your competence with new leadership. My team of 45 staff are like a family many have been working with the company since the doors open and there are many clients that have also been members since the doors open as well. We have created a healthy open communication environment that each person is accountable for their own actions and those actions account for the success of the team.
The hardest part of the job is that there is never enough time in the day to accomplish all task due to same day issues that become priority.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily interaction with clients and staff makes it fun and inviting even in the midst of change.
Nice friendly people to work with
Wellness Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDFebruary 24, 2015
You can really tell the therapist at Massage Envy care about the well-being of their clients. The therapist do treatments specifically tailored to their clients and it shows in how happy the clients are when they are finished with their session.
Nice workplace
Full-time worker (Current Employee), Timonium, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good learning experience.
Cons: not many benefits for you the amount you work
It is good if you are younger and need a little extra money. A typical day could range anywhere from completely hectic to very boring and uneventful. Management can vary from clinic to clinic in how they handle promotions and events, which can create and lot of problems within a franchise such as this one. My co-workers were very sweet and easy to work with for the most part.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with past mistakes that were never rectified with customers. Starting from square one with them can take up a lot of time and create ripple effects at check out.

The most enjoyable is the clients and a few of the therapists. The things I've learned from the therapists and the clients is irreplaceable. I genuinely care about the clients that come in and love the small relationships you can build with people.
Massage Therapist/Esthetician (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2015
They provided me with flexibility in my schedule when I needed it. the management team is great and the employees all truly care about each other.
Great People, Boring Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the people, management, holiday events, flexible scheduling
Cons: low pay, no benefits
I did make life long friends at this job, however, I was just a front desk associate. My payscale was on the lower end. It is a great job to have while your finishing up school.

Management was awesome. Great people to work for. There was about 35 women and 6 men in the building, and I never had a peoblem with a single person.

The hardest part of the job was staying organized with the scheduleing for therapists. (was easy after you got the hang of it.)

The most enjoyable part of the job was the home away from home. You always work with people you know and trust. It was always a pleasure going into work because of who I got to see.
A franchise with potential, just provide proper support to your staff
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Seal Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: extremely irritable clients, lax owner, unprofessional employees, extremely low pay for management, consistently having management work by contacting them on their cellphones on their days off, no benefits, no pto
This being a franchise business, my ratings are for the location in which I was hired, and partially for the interactions I've had with neighboring locations as well.
The turn over rate at my particular location was extremely high. Almost immediately after hiring and training a couple of new front desk associates, we'd end up having a couple more leave. It is a constant rotation of front desk staff, that never seem to stay on long enough to excel at the position, and ends up causing many errors and frustrations in working with clients.
There seemed to be little to no support from the owner on a daily basis. Even if I wanted to make changes to improve the quality of the working environment, or operations around the clinic, my hands were tied because I was not allowed to make decisions without running it by the owner first. If the business is struggling, it is imperative that he owner be around more often, or else new employees are going to have no respect for you because you have no respect for your own business.
A fun job but not enough to pay the bills
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: no insurance, low wages, crazy hours
This job is for someone who has nothing to do and no bills to pay. It's a fun job, however, if you don't make sales then it can become stressful. Some of the therapist believe that the front desk are their personal assistants and treat them with little to no respect. The manager never comes to work but when she does she still doesn't do work. The owner is only worried about membership sales. I would not refer anybody to get a massage from or work for Massage Envy Spa.
Hostile enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando,FLFebruary 13, 2015
Typical day at work would be consistent clients, phone calls and demanding administrative skills. Great environment, poor management.
Great way to learn about Talk to Customers
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), GlendaleFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free massages, managament
Cons: some co-workers and customers
You have to be on your game and know what is there to learn to make sure you can talk to customers. Co-workers are always there to help and Management is great.
Okay job for those who want experience in front desk/ receptionist
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers are friendly, fast paced job
Cons: short breaks, memberships, cleaning
Here are a list of 10 things I experienced and did not like about the company

1. They made me sign an agreement stating that I will memorize their selling script and threatened to fire me if I did not memorize it word for word after working there for 3 months. (By the way, its 3 pages long) I was not hired on a bases of memorizing the script, It was not a requirement. The owner then made me practice selling to her and embarrassed me in front of other employees for not remembering the script word for word. I've never felt so belittled in my life, especially from my boss. I didnt see why it was such a big deal when I knew I wasnt the only employee that did not sell memberships word for word. I sold memberships just fine without memorizing the script word for word.
2. They will start you off at 35+ hours but cut your hours if you dont sell memberships and if they hire new front desk receptionists. It doesnt matter if you've been there longer or have more experience than the newer employees, they will still cut your hours.
3. Turn over for this job is VERY VERY high. Don't be surprised how many new people will get hired and then quit.
4. You WON'T be doing just front desk jobs. You'll be cleaning, A LOT.
5. Major flaw in selling memberships. Every new client is to be sold to. They push you to sell. i.e; getting threatened to get fired if to you don't. Clients DONT want to come out of a nice massage and then have the mood get ruined when they're bombarded to purchase a 800$+ membership. I understand thats how the company makes money and pays their employees, but most people see – more... massages as a treat, not a lifestyle. And commission per membership you sell is only 5$.
6. You will experience moody clients because of the membership or because of the service. Since you are only the front desk receptionist, you are limited to information about canceling memberships.
7. You'll be working with 8 or more other women. There will be drama or childish talk.
8. The only promotion they will give you is shift lead. Basically you just do more. I.E. you'll be the key holder, you close and open the clinic, count the cash register and are responsible for anything that goes wrong with the clinic.
9. You'll have to request weekends off, even though weekends are suppose to rotate.
10. They like to lie about breaks. You are allowed a 30 mins break. But breaks are usually only 20 mins. And working for 7+ hours you will only get one 20 mins or 30s min break depending on how busy it is.

The only things I enjoyed about this job was how fast time went by and how I was constantly busy. The co-workers, therapists and estheticians were fun to work with. – less
Great Environment
Front Desk/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: meeting different clients
Cons: pay rate
It was a nice workplace and great coworkers. A typical day at Massage Envy Spa, is greeting clients, checking in and out clients, answering phones calls to set appointments and confirming appointments, and filing paperwork.
Job Duties
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Customer service, computer skills, inventory, filing, phone skills, cleaning, sales, helping with any problem that may arise in the best professional way.
A fun and productive workplace in the customer service field
Receptionist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2015
Typically, I answer phones, book/reschedule/cancel appointments, and tend to clients' memberships. I get along well with all of my coworkers as well as management. There is often plenty of room for advancement within the company and if you work hard, you will move up.
Massage Envy
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: love the enviroment
Cons: didn't give us breaks, not good pay
Wow what can i say about this place I have worked for this company for about 8 months and this experience was crazy.The staff is great but also not so great. The girls in the front desk are amazing,Know here we go I got fired while on disability, i broke my foot and they always came up with an excuse not to put me back on the schedule really got me mad. Not only that we wouldn't get paid if we only had one client we could be there all day and not get paid.
Not a great place to work.
WELLNESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Each Massage Envy is owned under a franchise. The particular franchise I work under is not as organized as one would expect for a large corporation.
Cool job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free/discounted massage
Cons: poor room management
a typical day was finding a room to work in, checking your client schedule, and making sure the files were pulled.
management could have been more involved.
the hardest part was when someone used your room without signing it out, which lead to confusion.
the best part was the fun clients and helping them feel better/relaxed.

1 2 3 4 5