Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa Employer Reviews

Relaxing wonderful and friendly atmosphere.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff and great atmosphere.
Cons: N/A
Wonderful Staff
Friendly
Nothing hard about the job
Rewarding job
Customer service
Assess patients problems and concerns
Really great management
A good place to work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Set your own schedule
Cons: Sometimes not enough work
People here work together well
Clients are awesome
Great management
Good pay and tips
Clean and organized
Friendly co workers
It is a job
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 23, 2015
Unless you are a massage therapist / general manager this is simply a job to get you by until you can do something you truly feel passionate about.
Unprofessional Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Green Hills, TNMarch 23, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off massages and facials
Cons: co workers, hours, and pay
The co workers ran over the manager and no team work. The co workers cared more about getting the extra money than the clients.
Easy Job; Terrible Management
Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: devaluing the massage industry with poor standards
A typical day consists of doing fairly easy work and engaging with generally favorable customers (not the typical riff-raff you encounter in masses at retail). My co-workers were the best: passionate, great people who cared about their jobs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and owners - money is all they cared about. They purposely designed schedules that would cause employees to sit around for hours without work, unpaid, just so they could maximize the number of customers they could get. They also routinely charged customers full-price for missed appointments, and shared none of that for the employees who that money was supposed to go. The Richmond locations are very clique-ish, and all staff decisions are done by popularity contests (which are really contests of submissions). They burn out all their employees, and have extremely high turn-over. The owners are ineffectual neatfreaks who complain of visible threads, or which way a trash can lid is rotated in the breakroom.
Not a fun place to work.
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: some cool co workers, discount on massage and facials
Cons: bad management, they dont care about you, and make you feel like you don't matter
When I first started there I absolutely loved it. Then, they started sharing their true colors (management). At first a normal day started with some cleaning and getting the rooms ready for the day.. Then we would do confirmation calls and other calls. That alone was nothing, and I enjoyed doing it, until we got a new manager who was so lazy that she wouldn't even do her job, she passed it down to us at the front desk. Not just a few things either. We actually couldn't get our own work done because they passed stuff to us to do for them. at this time everyone was getting upset about it. Not only that, when I got promoted to wellness coordinator it changed my life, and not in a good way.. Selling memberships to people with a 12 month contract that I did not even believe in. We take new guests every day, but they are suppose to be divided between the managers and the wellness coordinators. Every morning my manager would cross her name out on the sheet and put my name in so I had to take all of her prospects.. That's not even the half of it. I have gotten written up for being sick even though I had a doctors note, and also got written up when my aunt passed away because I didn't give them any notice... yeah think about that one. Over all I think I would rather work in the sewers for 5 bucks an hour all day long rather than working at that place
Great job atmosphere and Experience, improvement needed though
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: experience giving, relaxing and friendly atmosphere, rewarding experiences
Cons: management struggles, healthcare benefit issues, a slight lack of honesty
I have enjoyed my time at Massage Envy for the most part. My typical work day consists of telephone calls to work with clients, booking appointments for members and guests, selling memberships to non-members, and maintaining overall cleanliness and atmosphere of the clinic. I have learned much about sales and customer service while working at this job and it has prepared me for furthering my career. My management team started off strong and friendly when I first started, but has since slightly deteriorated over the past four or five months. Many changes have been made and many employees have been struggling, including myself to move forward, however, there are definitely many positive changes from the change in management itself. I believe the company will slowly begin to flourish again soon. As with any job, I have had coworkers that I truly have bonded with and others that I have not as much. The hardest part of my job is typically sales. It can sometime be difficult to overcome objections when working in a sales environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the difference that massage therapy and facial therapy makes in a guest's life. It is truly a great field of work, and I commend the massage therapists and estheticians that I work with.
Sales-based work environment
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMarch 18, 2015
This job is all about selling memberships. That is how you make you money working here. All in all it is a fun place to work, and the other employees are fun and nice, and make the work day easier. Working here can be a challenge when considering a busy schedule, but it is worth it for the pay.
Fun Work place but slow paced
Assistant Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Chicago ILMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free massages
Cons: no benefits
Fun work environment and friendly atmosphere. standard shifts, great clinic manager. you get free massages. Advanced fast within the company but there is a capping out. Would be better with PTO, and Health Benefits.
Great Workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), dayton,ohMarch 8, 2015
Working at Massage Envy is a great job. You check in and out guest and make sure that each Massage Envy Guest has the best experience possible
easy and manageable
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), La Habra, CAMarch 7, 2015
friendly staff and clients
personalizing services
great to work with easy to talk to
family like environment
keeping a steady schedule
knowing you're helping someone better their health
Massage Factory
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Marlboro, NJMarch 5, 2015
Cons: all of them
This place is just a massage factory and you're one of their machines. I worked here for a year straight out of massage school for a couple of reasons. One was mainly that I wanted to get a solid year's experience in my field, and another was just mainly because I didn't know any better. I was getting paid pennies, constantly worried about making my numbers, and expected to perform hours upon hours of massage everyday just to make a living. My back was constantly in pain and my hands would go numb sometimes. I was "let go" because someone started a rumor about me having inappropriate relations with a coworker. So instead of firing the one who started the rumor and incited the whole mess, or instead of firing both myself and the other person involved, I was the only one let go. This place is JUST PLAIN AWFUL.
massage envy
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great clients
Cons: hard to get raises
really nice clients. management is ok. owners are not very knowledgeable about massage. staff is nice. does not always have enough supplies. over all its a good place to start
EH!
Staff (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free each month, discount on retail and extra sessions.
Cons: no benefits, too much turnover
Can never find the right staff to run the clinic, then when they do finally find perfect people they run them away. Never any availabilty fo members to be able to come in even within the same week. Alot of unfairness for the people who have put dedication into the company. No proper training so therfore there is really no way to learn much unless you teach yourself.
Fun
Front desk Sales, Shift Leader (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: people, free product, free massage
Cons: management, pay
Fun group of people to work with. Alot of down time. Alot of hectic time. Lots of phone calls. Setting Appointments. Etc. Membership sales as well. Great shifts. Great group of people. Highly reccommended.
Transitional Job Only
Wellness Advisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, compensation, benefits
Cons: Lack of job security, Poor management, No benefits, Disorganized, A transitional job only. Pros: Work hours, co-workers, friendly customers.
leadership expereince
Clinic Business Manager (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: massage when i want
Cons: no retirement benefits
A typical work day at Massage Envy SPA includes is review client feedback for positive and opportunities. monitor key performance metrics fro feedback with the team. set up daily goals and give shout out to team fro previous day numbers.
check emails for priority customer service issues and follow ups.
Review any client requests and process account requests and follow up. Review daily register repots and make deposits and make change as needed.
I have learned quite a bit in this job experience because there has been an ownership change and general manager change that always has a re-learning curve to adjust to new expectations and prove your competence with new leadership. My team of 45 staff are like a family many have been working with the company since the doors open and there are many clients that have also been members since the doors open as well. We have created a healthy open communication environment that each person is accountable for their own actions and those actions account for the success of the team.
The hardest part of the job is that there is never enough time in the day to accomplish all task due to same day issues that become priority.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily interaction with clients and staff makes it fun and inviting even in the midst of change.
Nice friendly people to work with
Wellness Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDFebruary 24, 2015
You can really tell the therapist at Massage Envy care about the well-being of their clients. The therapist do treatments specifically tailored to their clients and it shows in how happy the clients are when they are finished with their session.
Nice workplace
Full-time worker (Current Employee), Timonium, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good learning experience.
Cons: not many benefits for you the amount you work
It is good if you are younger and need a little extra money. A typical day could range anywhere from completely hectic to very boring and uneventful. Management can vary from clinic to clinic in how they handle promotions and events, which can create and lot of problems within a franchise such as this one. My co-workers were very sweet and easy to work with for the most part.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with past mistakes that were never rectified with customers. Starting from square one with them can take up a lot of time and create ripple effects at check out.

The most enjoyable is the clients and a few of the therapists. The things I've learned from the therapists and the clients is irreplaceable. I genuinely care about the clients that come in and love the small relationships you can build with people.
Massage Therapist/Esthetician (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2015
They provided me with flexibility in my schedule when I needed it. the management team is great and the employees all truly care about each other.

1 2 3 4 5