Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa United States Employee Reviews

fast pace all the time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDApril 22, 2015
Pros: discount massage, facial and products
Cons: super stressful
I loved working at massage envy spa because I believe in the relaxation and medical benefits that regular massage offers. I also liked the rush of everything I was responsible for. I was always given the tools and to succeed as the manager.
Very Good Therapists
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 21, 2015
The therapists are great. I love working with my co-works and manager. The clients are nice. It's a good place to get lots of experience working with different clients.
Easy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 20, 2015
Pros: Getting to establish relationships with clients
Cons: Short Breaks, high turn-over with staff
A typical day at work would mostly consist of answering phone calls, booking appointments, and selling memberships to new guests. As a "sales associate" for Massage Envy you will basically be a glorified receptionist, so it's a pretty easy job and you are paid above minimum wage. The hardest part of the job would be the high emphasis on sales, not every one wants to get massages once a month, but if your sales closing is below 20% you are viewed as a poor worker no matter how well you handle the other aspects of the job.
Good Start for Newly Licensed LMTs
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee), FLApril 19, 2015
I had the great pleasure of working with a fantastic group of professionals whom I now consider family. I worked at a very busy clinic; there was no shortage of clients.
Great work environment with good people doing what they love
Receptionist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2015
Pros: Discounted massage and facial services
Cons: Not enough pay and not enough hours
Phone calls, filing, booking appointments, facing challenges with both happy and unhappy guests. In this environment it's easy to learn that a lot of people could use massage to better their health and lives. Management is amazing, always going above and beyond to make the clients happy in any situation. Many co-workers with great work ethic as well as some that are somewhat lazy and do not do things before being told. Overall great staff and people to be around. Hardest part of the job is definitely trying to schedule guests and clients with the right massage therapist that will be able to take care of their needs. I enjoy the fast pace environment and being able to make people happy by just booking them for their massage.
Not Appreciated
Esthetician (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Got to do what I loved.
Cons: awful management.
I was desired by Massage Envy management because of my knowledge of the products. I was the employee that always covered any needed shift, as well as came in even if it was only for an hour. I never complained even though the job was quickly not what i expected (hardly any hours and horrible requirements). My clients were always shocked with my informative approach to their facials.. which led me to believe that the other estheticians just followed protocol and never went above or beyond that. Life hit me with unexpected hardships (losing my car and unexpected babysitting issues). Once I needed management to be understanding and work with me while i handled these issues, they were extremely difficult and in fact RUDE to me. Saying things like "wow, i thought this job was important to you.." extremely condescending and rude. I will never regret my decision of quitting and would never recommend anyone work for them.
Day at Massage Envy
Sales Associate/ Front Desk (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches. Free massages. Discounted product
Cons: Sometimes, no time for lunch break.
A typical day at massage envy would begin with first making sure the clinic is properly prepared for the guest to arrive and being taken by their therapist. This would include to first check voicemails to make sure no client tried to book an apt and was missed, make sure the clinic is clean and decent in appearance, and to make sure the therapist have all essentials needed and prepared for the service. Once the cleaning task of the spa were to be completed, the day would start by making sure the confidential files of all clients were organized in accordance to whomever would be arriving first so the therapist can review the clients needs and have a better assessment as to how their session should be performed. Once all organization was to be completed, the front desk associates were responsible for taking any phone calls, or assisting guest with the sign up of memberships or any general questions they may have had in regards to their session. On top of assisting the guest, the associates were also responsible for making sure the spa was kept organized and clean and made sure the environment was kept tranquil to ensure the enjoyment of the clients. While working here, I was able to increase my ability to multi task and come up with solutions to problems with very little time provided, I was able to able to use customer service skills to ensure the return of the client to the spa and make sure their session was nothing short of enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was definitely the program used for the company seeing as there were so many ways to perform the same task which left room for many mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely the interaction with customers because when they were happy it of course made the job much more enjoyable and manageable.
A great place to work.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Wilmette, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
The environment and the schedule flexibility is perfect. The position is very satisfying because I'm helping people. The stress level is minimized because the purpose of the job is to provide the client with the best level of care.
Not a great place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Woodhaven, MIApril 9, 2015
The Massage Envy I worked at had just opened. To be honest all the owner cared about was money. Management was a lost cause and completely unorganized. there was a lot of drama.
If you are looking to grow, this isn't the job for you...
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2015
Pros: One free massage a month, great massage therapists.
Cons: Management and pay
When it comes to working at Massage Envy Spa, you must know how to sell, YOUR JOB DEPENDS ON IT.

If you do not meet your goals, you get put on what is called "Sales Suspension", you can only come off of suspension if you raise your sales goals to what it needs to be. Fail to do this, and your employment is terminated after 3 months. Although I have not left the job in this way, they go to such extremes to force you to sell a program that not everyone can afford. Some guests are treated wrong when you do not sign up, your manager will take you to the side and criticize you for your lack of pushing a membership onto someone who can barely take time off of work to even get a massage. Some managers, will hide in their office when an unhappy guest/member comes in and needs an issue resolved, and they will tell the Front Desk Associates to solve the issue...

There is also no room to grow in this company. You are being paid peanuts to preform a job that should be a starting rate of $12 an hour at least.

Glad that I moved on.
Unique Learning Experience
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cornelius, NCApril 6, 2015
Fast paced environment. Must possess ability to multitask. Answering phones, filing medical charts, do laundry, cleaning of clinic.
Manager at Massage Envy for 7 years
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMApril 4, 2015
I really enjoyed being a manager at massage envy. The only down side was that the therapist are very difficult. I think this springs from the idea that they thought they would be making more money and its difficult to gain you regulars (request). Other than That its hard to sell the memberships and hit goal in this economy. But if you are amazing in all other fields of your job, this is not the biggest problem and can be worked on.j
Productive environment that focused on proffessional massage and facials and excellent customer service
Assistant Clinic Administrator (Current Employee), new york, new yorkApril 2, 2015
Working with Massage Envy Spa has been such a wonderful experience. It was my first time working within the health and wellness field and I am glad to have had the opportunity to do it for 2+ years. I was in charge of daily spa operations, making sure staff was meeting sales numbers, providing excellent customer service to members and guests, training staff and monitoring performance of sales associates, pitching sales scripts to enroll guests in member services while introducing the benefit of massage therapy. Working with a team of massage therapists and aestheticians has been such a pleasure to gain knowledge on modalities and therapies. All of our members and guests have been a joy to work with and continue to see back on a regular basis.
Great Staff & Benefits
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Ann arbor,MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Massages
Massage Envy has amazing benefits for its Front Desk Associates. It educates you on massage therapy and it benefits, which can be found quite useful. The management was decent but ways of communication can be improved. The staff created a friendly and peaceful work environment for the most part. The most amazing part was the complimentary massages for employees once a month.
Good for college students
Front Desk (Former Employee), Anaheim HillsMarch 30, 2015
I thikn this a great place to work. The turnover rate is really bad though and I think they change their mind alot. They give you good hours and the commission is good when you sell a membership.
Flexible and convenient, but easy to get stuck.
ACA (Former Employee), USAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free monthly massages, up to 75% discount on extra services, frequent sales bonus competitions to earn extra income, Job Security/Longevity (if you can get through the BS), Annual Raises (more if you ask)
Cons: Drama Driven, Gossipy, No leadership, Bullying, Retaliation, Nepostism (allowed due to franchise structure??), High Turnover, Open Late
Typical work day includes:
-Selling memberships
-Dense administrative duties
-Booking appointments/answering phones
-Conflict Resolution
-Customer Service

Management (Franchised, so quality will differ):
-No structure
-Nepotism
-Bullying/Retaliation for questioning management practices
-Favoritism
-High Turnover (therefore easy to move up)
-Can easily request/get approved schedule changes or vacation
-Lack of involved leadership, just someone to delegate tasks
-Annual reviews and raises

Easy job
Flexible for students or part-timers
High pressure on sales
Will enjoy if you like helping people
Drama driven environment with co-workers

If you can ignore all the negative aspects and are looking for a place to come in, do your job, help your client, and leave, then this job is a good fit and will ensure job security. High turnover due to management, was able to stick it out for many years to get me through school.
Fun and interactive work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), TexasMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere. Great people.
Cons: Poor management and ownership, a lot of tension due to there being so many females in each other's space, not very many employees so you get called in a lot and asked to extend hours.
I really enjoy the job position, as a whole. I love interacting with clients and being able to sell. The atmosphere is very good. Everyone is young (early 20s) and mostly female for the front desk. It can be stressful having to run the front desk, manage therapists, and maintain the back of the spa.
Relaxing wonderful and friendly atmosphere.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff and great atmosphere.
Cons: N/A
Wonderful Staff
Friendly
Nothing hard about the job
Rewarding job
Customer service
Assess patients problems and concerns
Really great management
A good place to work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Set your own schedule
Cons: Sometimes not enough work
People here work together well
Clients are awesome
Great management
Good pay and tips
Clean and organized
Friendly co workers
It is a job
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 23, 2015
Unless you are a massage therapist / general manager this is simply a job to get you by until you can do something you truly feel passionate about.

1 2 3 4 5

$9.00 per hour
Receptionist
$9.18 per hour

Massage Envy Spa Photos

Working hard, while the manager takes pictures of us. I didn't even know I was in the picture