Massage Envy Spa Employer Reviews

Amazing Staff and Management
Esthetician (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: staff/management/clients
Cons: pay
Lucky to have worked there. Amazing, caring staff and management. Fun work environment. Truly enjoyed all members. Great place to work.
An awesome job
Key Holder (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: i love it and a very great plce to work at
Cons: short breaks
Very understanding and great company great people make people smile.
Sketchy Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free massages and facials
Cons: unprofessional owner
Will trick you into working for them promising you full time hours and compensation. Then gives you lower pay then what was a greed upon and no benefits.
Massage Envy Spa
Assistant Clinic Administrator/Customer Service (Current Employee), Staten IslandSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: monthly massages
Cons: consistently dealing with customer service issues.
The culture was very negative. A typical day would consist of booking appointments, dealing with customer service issues, sales, inventory, and confirmation calls. I've learned the importance of massage therapy.
Productive and Fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Front desk personnel and I was able to work with fun and amazing people. The work load was busy but the enviornment was relaxing.
Front Desk is severely underpaid and overworked
Receptionist (Former Employee), Niskayuna, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: discounted massages and murad products, health insurance
Cons: high turnover rate effects productivity, poor pay, no work stability
A typical day working here was never typical. There was always some angry irate customer ready to cuss you out because they don't understand what they signed up for. This location is so busy, that it seems like there's never enough hands on deck to complete operational tasks

Apart from how to operate the millennium system and various sales tactics – more... on how recite the wellness script, I didn't learn many new skills here.

Management is very overwhelmed due to the high turnover rate at the front desk. The management at my location was very nice and professional in comparison to other clinics. They were great with coaching the sales team on great tactics so that we could reach our sales goals.

My co-workers were all great, most of the front desk were students studying to be massage therapists and estheticians looking to get their foot in the door with a good spa before they were certified. The massage therapists and estheticians on staff were knowledgeable, passionate and professional individuals. They were a joy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was getting customers to sign up for the 12 mo wellness program on their first visit. Your rate was only 9.00 and hour and since the job is commission based and you are below 25% they suspend you for 5 days with no pay. The stress of trying to make those numbers so that you could have a decent pay biweekly was stressful in itself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about the benefits of massage therapy and helping customers to see the benefits. – less
Learned and grew from this experience
MANAGER (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: coworkers, learning experience
Cons: sales, owner
Overall, Massage Envy was a great place to work. I was making decent money, I enjoyed the company of those I worked with, and after putting in some time, I was working the hours I wanted. I enjoyed what I did, I grew in the company, and I learned a lot. The only reason I gave Massage Envy 3 stars is because they are too heavy on sales and don't put – more... as much weight on the overall customer experience, especially at the location in which I worked. The owner was extremely difficult, money hungry, and disrespectful to his employees and the customers. – less
Great Massage Therapists and Sales Team
Front Store Sales Shift Manager, Chicago (Former Employee), ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: meet great customers and therapists
Cons: sales incentives are horrible percentage wise and everyone is underpaid
Everyone is underpaid and expected to make millions for the owners...clearly that method works for them but not for me. I prefer to be for the customer.
Selling Wellness
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Oceanside, CaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: discounted products and services
Cons: limited resources and communication between all staff
My experience at Massage Envy Spa has been one of great growth and personal achievement. I have developed and even greater understanding of the value of outstanding customer service. It does not matter the words that are said to guests, if they do not feel genuinely appreciated and cared for. Majority of my co-workers and management were wonderful team – more... members, always seeking to encourage others in the spa to keep a smile and give the best customer service possible. There was always a lot of demand in this job. There are more tasks than people to get them done, but I always made sure to prioritize and keep on top of the tasks I was assigned, as well as pick up the slack for others. My favorite part of this job has been the clients whose lives we are helping to change, and the deeper understanding and appreciation I have for massage wellness in my life. – less
Changing lives
Sales Associate/Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Pikesville, MDAugust 10, 2014
Helping people better their daily lives through massage and personal wellness.
Poor Management
Esthetician (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2014
People in general prefer a massage rather than a facial, the day spa business isn't for me.
Calm and relaxed work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Front desk (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work included answering phones, scheduling appointments, filing, checking guests in and out, updating medical charts, customer service, cash handling, selling product as well as memberships and working on ways to increase efficiency within the clinic.
Massage Envy was a very rewarding job. I learned something new every day and was excited – more... to go to work. I enjoy this line of work.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and making their experience the absolute best that it could be. – less
If you like being strung along...
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: clean spa, generally nice clients, free massage/facial every month
Cons: no breaks, difficult management, unprofessional
If you like being involved in a hiring process that takes just about a month and training for another-- this is the place for you! Don't worry, if you think you might have a job after the 90-day evaluation period without selling a ton of memberships or trying to go above and beyond for your job, you've got to be joking.

Underpaid, stressed out more – more... than the job should really call for, management is micro-managing to the point of almost publicly humiliating you. If you ever have a family emergency, prepare for a write-up or a scolding. – less
Great place to work right out of school
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: always booked
Cons: negative co-workers. preferred a happy environment.
gain a lot of knowledge. clean and organized. Always booked.
Professional and Friendly
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 4, 2014
Pros: get what you pay for quality massages
Cons: clients at times could not see me when they request me
Professional and Friendly. Strong sale oppurtunities ability to always learn more.
General Clinic Manager (Current Employee), NJAugust 3, 2014
Pros: room for growth, great clients
Cons: demanding hours, high employee turnover
I started working at Massage Envy Spa as a Massage Therapist. I quickly learned that this company has great opportunity for advancement when I got promoted to Assistant Manager and eventually, General Manager. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with all the clients, I have always been very interested in the health and wellness field and – more... knowing that all of our members did this to better themselves made me happy. Unfortunately with such a strong member base, the hours became quite demanding, this allows me very little opportunity to have a balanced work/personal life. The high turnover is management in the years that worked here also affected the way overall activities were conducted. It was hard to set standards and regulations when no one stayed long enough to learn the business polices. – less
Relaxing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 29, 2014
Loved working with my employees but I dont feel like there is any room for growth.
fun workplace and great company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 27, 2014
this was my first telemarketing job. i learned many things that added to my customer service skills and improved my communication skills
Great for New Therapists to Begin!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Concord, NCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: gaining experience interaction w/ other therapists
Cons: massage mill not designed to care or treat people, it's a money making gimmick. turns people off to massage
M.E. is a great place for Therapists to start their careers in the profession, the interaction with other therapists is beneficial. Aside from those 2 things that's pretty much the only positives to working for this company. I've worked at 3 locations when interested in potentially buying into the franchise quickly realized it's one gimmick after another – more... ultimately turning people off all together to the true benefits of Massage Therapy. – less
Fun and Busy environment
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MichiganJuly 24, 2014
At Massage Envy Spa in Traver Village Ann Arbor, I, not only booked appointments and greeted guests, but also sold massage memberships. Massage Envy provided me with intensive sales training. I really enjoyed working at Massage Envy as they gave the Front Desk Sales Associates a range of tasks and responsibilities.

1 2 3 4 5