Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa Employer Reviews

Cool job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free/discounted massage
Cons: poor room management
a typical day was finding a room to work in, checking your client schedule, and making sure the files were pulled.
management could have been more involved.
the hardest part was when someone used your room without signing it out, which lead to confusion.
the best part was the fun clients and helping them feel better/relaxed.
Easy and enjoyable
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Typically i would show up greet everyone on the way to the back. Leave my items in provided locker space. Make my bed and room comfortable to work in. Then I would go retrieve my folder and begin my day meeting and greeting clients discussing some of the issues and what they expected during their massage. All in all it was a great working experience.
Treat Employees Well
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Flexible schedule
Easy Going Coworkers
Great place to work!
Not a good working environment
Massge Therapist (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: busy
Cons: little to no breaks. rude people
I have nothing to say, except for I did not have a good experience here.
It was a privledge to work with an industry leader
Therapist (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free monthly massages
I absolutely love my job as a massage therapist. I come to work everyday and help people feel good for a living. What was better was that i was able to do it with a company that is leading the industry. I learned so much about how to market spa services and provide even better customer service. I also learned a lot about conflict resolution. I started working as there was a transition between management but the management I worked with was great! She was always willing to help in any way possible and it was easy to communicate with her. My co-workers were amazing! They were all so gifted and talented. I learned a lot from them and always had a good laugh or cry with them. I always felt like I was a part of a really amazing community. The hardest part of the job was going home. I always stayed later than I was scheduled just to help out and be with great people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients! It was so amazing to get to know people and help them in anyway I could.
Fast paced environment
Spa Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Fast paced environment that provides a large amount of training and sets high expectations for their staff and works diligently to ensure quality service for clients.
Working to change the job culture to be more client focused which is really great. A typical day at work involves managing therapist schedules, maintaining the clinic environment and a variety of administrative tasks.
Massage Envy
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Was okay but you really had to beg to have weekends off. Being a Mother of two children was hard to not see them at all. Everything was great until they go a new manager.
If you like being unappreciated while having a flexible odd job this is for you!
Front Desk Associate/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, huge massage discount
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, cycle through quickly
Not something i'd recommend for anyone unless they are just starting out in the world of working. The environment is clean and the job is really easy if you care for it. For the most part, you're babysitting 30+ adult therapists while dealing with nice customers for the most part. As a Front Desk Associate you cycle through really quick. Hours are flexible and the manager is wiling to work well with school and other schedules. As amazing as that bit sounds, FDAs are under appreciated and the reason behind it may be how fast people cycle through. As in any job, the people make the business so take it as it comes- try it out and see if you fit and like it.
Extremely sales oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Book appointments, answered phone calls, filed charts, sold memberships
Over use front desk thats why they dont stay
Front desk (Current Employee), Rochester, MIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: spa atmosphere
Cons: short or no breaks, weak management, no organization, commision on sales is lowball, no benefits, cleaning up bathrooms, laundry, cleaning after therapist
This company expects you to drop everything for them. There is no work life balance. They also change rules quickly which makes it very hard to do your job efficiently. There is WAY too much emphasis on sales and not enough bonuses to compensate you for you hard work and effort. Do not work for this company, if you do make sure you only plan to be there short term because they will burn you out. The treat front desk very poorly, as a front desk you are expected to not only do clerical duties but you have to sell memberships with at least 20% closing and also clean up after therapist. You clean there rooms, the bathrooms and do laundry.

Learnng the front desk is not easy you, must properly book clients with the right therapist according to what the therapist wants to do, and if you make a mistake the therapist and manager will get upset with you to the point where everyone know it and they embarass you. It was like walking on egg shells everyday at work. They only pay $10 an hr but the pay should very well be at least 14 an hr due to all the task you have to do.

Members also are the down fall, most will call you to complain about there unused massages (there were quite a few members with over 10 unused massages) and they would want to still use there massages but stop paying there 60 a month dues. DAILY they would complain and demand a refund on there massages and curse you out. They did not respect front desk or management,I even had one lady tell me ( I hate dealing with you people, your lucky i love my therapist) It was so overwhelming i started to dread answering the phone.
Overall a great environment
Sales Associate/Manager (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free food at meetings
Cons: communication with front of house and back of house
I love my job, and everyone that I work with. I have learned so much and I am grateful for every opportunity that was given to me.
Amazing Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: free massages and facials
Cons: n/a
This job is an amazing job for college students. Flexible hours and willing to work with school schedule. A typical day at work is filled with a lot customer service over the phone and in person, and constant runs to Peets coffee, (since I work the morning shift, coffee is highly needed). I've learned how to become patient with clients and I've also learned to be comfortable with the sales part of the job. Everyone working at this location is fun to work with and no one gets into any kind of altercations. This is an excellent working environment. The hardest part of the job, is meeting sales goals but not impossible. The most enjoyable part of working at Massage Envy Spa, Pleasanton, is that everyone likes to bake/cook and bring there dishes and treats to work for everyone to eat!!! LOVE that!!!
It is what you make of it
Clinic Director (Former Employee), Carmel, INDecember 22, 2014
I had to supervise every area of the facility to ensure tasks are carried out in the most efficient and least hazardous fashion. Also make sure every member of each department was aware of my presence to ensure the standard set forth is being upheld. I was expected to coordinate employee work-related activities such as meetings and workshops. In addition, other managerial duties I also assigned schedules, hosted employee meetings and tried to stop or prevent problems before and as they occurred. As a clinical director, I had to make certain that all facility policies and regulations are being upheld and fulfilled. Lastly, I regularly trained and evaluated staff members, and regularly handle all client issues and complaints.
Great work experience and free massages
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 22, 2014
Pros: free massages
Cons: low pay, bad scheduling
In a typical day you check customers in and out, plus get ready for the next day. I learned IN ABUNDANCE how to deal with problem customers, believe it or not they're not the most charming people, they came for a reason. Its a fun job, little drama. There's unfortunately a high turnover rate, and who can argue over a free massage. The hardest part is biting your tongue when you know someone is lying to your face. All in all its a great first job or part time, because you learn alot. but for a career, not recommended.
Fun work envioment
Sales (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2014
Love everyone who I work with. Its a huge family you just hangout with all day.
Many changes in management
MASSAGE THERAPIST/ SALES ASSOACIATE (Former Employee), Harvey, LADecember 15, 2014
Pros: regular clientele
Cons: low pay, short turn over time
This establishment was meant for people coming directly out of school. A career here is not advised. There is always a change in management, therapist, and sales associates. The pay sucks but you will have clients. You get incentives for promoting upgrades and you may get regular clients. You will be working massages back to back with a short amount of turnover time. It is more like a massage factory.
Great place to work and fun too
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Snellville, GADecember 15, 2014
This place is like a second home. You come into work and have your ME family there for you no matter what is going on. On top of a loving family, you get to spend quality time with your guest and get to know them on a personal level and help them make better lifestyle choices not just for their personal benefit but also for medical benefits too. I learned that massage isn't just for relaxation. I saw guest come in who one day couldn't even open a door by themselves to, after a few weeks of treatment, they were able to do so much more than they could before. It is amazing to watch people and see how the benefits of massage therapy improve their lives and you get to do all of this while having a fun and loving place to work with wonderful people.
Relaxing environment to work in
Customer Service/Esthetician (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on massages
Cons: not a lot of clients
Started my day with greeting customers and providing tranquility.
Love the atmosphere and team spirit!
Busy
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Akron, OHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: to much expected out of a therapist
a typical day for me was sign out a bin, clock in get my table?room ready check if there are hot towels made up for modalities, get my charts put in my bin and wash up prepare for first client put client in room and start my day. I learned attitude is everything people can read you and you can read them. I got along with every co-worker meaning therapist i worked with i fell some of them would look to me for answers and confide in me. however this was not an easy place to work the front desk staff abused a lot of the therapist pushing them to the breaking point with injuries i worked here 2 years and the wen through 15 front desk people and one manager who actually became a therapist. i was abused consistently with booking to many deep tissues which would ultimately lead to a huge injury costing me money because i had to take time off when i returned it happened again. The hardest part was dealing with front desks disrespect for what i do for a living and our manager was an emotional wreck she was divorcing and took her anger out on anyone wiling to listen and it just brought moral down everyday someone was annoyed by her sad attitude. As of now the hardest thing about this job didnt come till the end, after i was let go i was so upset for my regulars my clients i got attached to and was working on a goal to get whatever was wrong with them fixed or better and since then Ive gotten several phone calls from people who still work there my clients are asking for me some have even tried to find me via social media etc
Super interactive company to work for.
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILDecember 11, 2014
A typical day included checking guests and members in and out of the clinic. Also, informing new guests of our memberships and signing them up, if they choose to do so. Also, putting charts away, pulling charts for the next day, cleaning and task oriented things. I really enjoyed informing people of the importance of massages and how it can help change their lives.

1 2 3 4 5