Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa Employee Reviews

Everyone worked together
Key holder (Former Employee), YoureeJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: not enough hours
A Typical day at Massage Envy would Include answering all incoming phones , answering all clients questions and concerns. Booking and Canceling Apts. Cleaning our surrounding area.
Very Busy
Lead Wellness Advisor/Murad Liason (Former Employee), Ahwatukee, AZJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Massages, Facials
Cons: Open 7 days a week, must request days off long in advance
Typical job as a receptionist. Every new client that comes in must be sold a membership which is a script you must know when you interview. Friendly coworkers get you through the day, but clients can become difficult in not placed with a correct therapist which can focus on their needs. We had a lot of management turn over which was always hard since each management guidelines were different for the clinic.
Positive environment, professional, wonderful workers and customers
Manager On Duty (Former Employee), Olney, MDJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work was checking clients in and out, managing client accounts, membership sales, clerical duties; such as printing reports, filing, copying, answer multi-line phone system; call clients to remind them of their upcoming appointments, reach out to clients who haven't utilized the service for a while, performed opening and closing duties, oversee the success of the day
Postitive work environment
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 26, 2015
Customers are my priority
My co-workers are the best
The hardest part of my job is having a slow day
The company has the best benifits
Great management
Front Desk Associate, Key holder (Current Employee), Jenkintown, PAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Management, team, environment
Before I came to this location I worked at another location for over a year. Now I have been working at this location which in fact is very close to school, at first it felt very weird and I was upset I had to start all over making new friends and opening up to a whole new family. But hey, I can say when opening up and being outgoing it does good things my manager is hardworking and I respect her a lot! She stands her ground and pushes you to work your butt of not work the place but for your own self. This job is not for someone who wants to sit and listen to relaxing music it's fast pace, phones ringing, always doing something. I can definitely say if your like me, and go to work on your "A" game get your stuff done and do it well then this is a job for you! In all massage envy is ran separately but it still goes by the franchise rules and regulations! With this job, I work each of my shifts with a smile on my face even if I just had somebody giving me attitude or talked down to me over the phone. Each shift I work 100% and get all the tasks and more done for the day. I work hard and hopefully soon enough it will pay off with a raise or moving me up, until then I will continue on what I am doing.
I work here, for now
LMT (Current Employee), Ny, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Awesome co-workers
Cons: No health insurance, very low pay, and constant surveillance.
First off, I want to say that the environment is very family-like. That is why I am still there, for now.

I am a very seasoned therapist. I took this job because there wasn't much to pick from; the summer is always slow for massage.

My main complaint is the pay. It is very low. People do not realize how poorly we are paid, and expected to perform one massage after the other with less than five minutes in between. It is recommended that clients tip on the "non-member rate." This rarely happens. We work very hard to give each and every client exactly what they are looking for. We listen to their main complaints and do our best to address each issue.
Customer Service on the Rise
Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Studio City, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Location!
Cons: Lack of materials and training for a successful clinic.
I have found that over the past year, we have made great strides in improving customer service. The location is prime and with the proper marketing dollars, this clinic can flourish.
Nice laid back workplace
Receptionist/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Castro ValleyJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice hours, sitting a lot
Working at Massage Envy is nice, there is room for advancement but but you can only go so far. Management is okay, pretty lenient sometimes too lenient. Co-wokers are nice there is a mutual understanding between therapist and receptionist. There can be some catty comments and ways towards the front desk but thats bond to happened when you work with all females. A plus is the fact that everyone is pretty close and sweet to each other. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate clients. They don't treat the front desk well when there angry. At of the time you are just doing your job and they get so upset because things are out of your control. Some clients also feel entitled to compensation and aren't afraid to ask for crazy and outrageous things. Massage Envy is all about the numbers, so if your a sales associate be sure to make them sales and if your customer service do everything in your power to keep clients happy. Massage Envy is a good place and nice and relaxing, even thought I have dealt with bad client, I have never really had a bad day. This isn't a big corporation so there is only so much that can be done.
Excellent!!
Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: None
I started with Massage Envy while I was 19 and still attending UNF. My schedule was always adjusted based on my schooling needs and my management team was very supportive. I advanced quickly within the company by working hard and maintaining a positive attitude. The Jax Beach and Harbour Village location truly have incredible owners who would do anything for their employee's. I knew I was in the right place when they told me they believed "If we take care of our staff, and whatever they need, they will take care of our guests". They continue to maintain this view.

My co-workers quickly became more like family than work associates. Clients were always very friendly and I was trained in how to overcome those who were not satisfied.

Always looked forward to events outside of work like the annual kickball league, bowling, Suns games and so many volunteer events. I would highly recommend this company!
I loved my job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Lanham MD, and Ellicott City MDJuly 19, 2015
I worked at two different locations for Massage Envy. Both were owned by two different people and ran differently. The first location at first was a pleasure that turned into a drag. The moral was terrible and the over all organization was lacking. My second location I fell in love with. The owner knew how to boost moral and truly listen to his employees. total difference in what it felt like to be at work. My first location felt like work. The second location made me remember why I loved what I do.
good
Sales associate (Former Employee), rock springsJuly 18, 2015
Pros: full time
Cons: be on time always
good work environment, good team and i love all the therapist who work there! great job for your first full time job, and you also get commission selling memberships! great benefits like free hour massages monthly.
great employees
Receptionist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: management wasn't the best
in this job learned many responsibilities , having cashiering duties was the most hardest due to the fact that you were the manager for the day . i leant how to handle different types of impatient customers and having a positive attitude with the situations. but what i loved most about my job was to make the customer as happy as a possible to complete all there needs.
Fun Working environment, but little room for growth
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free monthly massages or facials
Cons: little room for advancement
This is a fun place to work and learn how to manage a front desk, but there is little room for advancement. I like the fact that all the girls get along with each other.
hardworking fast paced enviroment
Front Desk Associate/Sales (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 13, 2015
Fun workplace, busy environment with hard working employees. Multi tasking and busy phone line. Happy and respective people. Good place to work
Good starter job
Front Desk representative / Sales (Current Employee), stockbridge gaJuly 12, 2015
If you are a someone looking for a entry level receptionist job to put on your resume massage envy would be perfect for you. it is entry level and it is also sales based so it gives you sales and front desk experience. but if you are looking for something that is going to give you benefits, raises, and opportunity to grow this is nit the place for you.
Fun and laid back
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2015
Pros: paid vacation time, bonuses, flexible scheduling
Cons: no benefits
I look forward to going to work everyday. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and makes the job fun to do. I have built rapport with a lot of the clients coming in, I know who they are before they tell me they are there for an appointment.

There is some cleaning involved in the job, but that keeps the environment inviting.

I love everything about the position!
MINIMUM WAGE
Esthetician (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 6, 2015
for a minimum wage job it is not bad. Co workers are very nice and helpful. management is understanding. and clients are nice.
Good tips
Esthetician (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: No clientele
The only good thing I can say from my experience with working at M.E. was the tips were decent....when I actually had clients. I was an Esthetician, only worked 2 days a week, 6-7 hour shifts. Management had unrealistic expectations and thus let me go for not meeting sales requirements (reminder, I was only there 2 days a week). Even compared my sales revenue to the full-time esty's. We were once told by the owner to actually approach massage clients who sat in the "tranquility room" (probably to relax before their massage) and tell them about our facials and products. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be bothered while in a "tranquility room". I was also lied to about my hourly pay, being told on the phone when offered a position I'd receive $9/hr but upon receiving 1st paycheck it was only $8.50. Literally every day I would sit through a whole shift without a single client. The lead esty claimed summer was "always slow". To be honest I think I was let go because I obviously wasn't needed. I planned on quitting soon anyway due to lack of income but oh well...you live and you learn! Definitely an ok place to get some experience in facials. I only trained 1 day and was immediately thrown into the job. Work with caution, don't disclose your personal life, people talk. No job security, no benefits, no real income.
Good place to work, no growth advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Thornton,COJune 30, 2015
Pros: sales commission
Cons: No benefits unless a therapist
Management is good, although favorites are picked. My manager always worked with my schedule, sales are very strict and they expect you to sell sell sell. But overall a good place to get experience in sales and customer service. Co-workers are fabulous, they are family. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching people barely be able to walk and while they leave they can walk great and stand up straight.
Not a bad place to work if you can get great benifits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmette, ILJune 26, 2015
I actual liked working for this company, great spiritual vibe, always laughs and smiles but benefits suck and they under appreciate the employees.

1 2 3 4 5

$9.24 per hour
Clinic Administrator
$30,000 per year

Massage Envy Spa Photos

Working hard, while the manager takes pictures of us. I didn't even know I was in the picture