Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa Employee Reviews

Learning how to work as a newly licensed esthetician
Lead Esthetician (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 25, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace and how busy the work was and that as a newly licensed esthetician, I was able to really learn how to work on a variety of people. The people I worked with were mostly professional and easy to work with and learned things from them. The management was lacking, but I enjoyed my time with this company.
It was an ok job.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2015
Pros: lotion was there for us to use.
Cons: waiting to get booked.
The clients were nice and friendly. The people at the front desk didn't give any clue is what ares need to address. I won't came back again to work.
super friendly place and wonderful therapist
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), elmhurst ilMay 22, 2015
Pros: commision, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits, no healthcare, no pto
A typical day at massage envy spa for me includes coming in to work and making sure everything was organized and clean . I made sure files were kept in order and put away in the corresponding place. in between im answering calls and greeting guest and making sure they're where they need to be . I have assigned task to be completed by the end of the day like calling at risk clients who need to have their account updated and/or are behind on payments. Finally I make sure that after every service our guest leave with information on our clinic and are updated on their account, also making sure the LMT's have everything they need for their next client.
We have over 40 therapist and have learned how to deal with multiple issues at one time, also I learned how to deal with different personalities and be able to keep things professional and keep a happy environment altogether.
I really enjoy all of my coworkers and get along with everyone. we have the nicest guest and members and employees and that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
clean workplace
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Englewood, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great team, from co-workers to bosses we all worked together to keep clinic running smoothly
Cons: no health benefits
Typical day at work, I would enter and go to my locker and put away my belongings. Punch in for work then fill my lotion bottles, afterwards, check what room was assigned to me and make sure I'm fully stocked and prepared for the number of clients scheduled for the day. Tea and coffee available on breaks, very mellow laid back environment, especially during the week. Weekends are usually busier requiring a lot of teamwork as far as making sure laundry is constantly being done so we wouldn't run out of face cradle covers. most enjoyable part of the job is after each session knowing the client is feeling better and happier than when they walked in. Hardest part I would say is when clients are over 20 minutes late and wish to get their full time, which isn't possible because I would typically be booked back to back and couldn't offer that option. unless I had my break afterwards I would give it to them, however, I had to run it through management first to get the okay.
Sunray Massage Envy Spa
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee), New OrleansMay 19, 2015
Pros: free massage every month, great co workers, free education about the body
Cons: They do not work with your schedule, Turn over rate is Extremely high, VERY sales oriented, racist district managers, A lot of work and memorization for minimal pay.
Working for this company, among its high standards and fairly good compensation, seemed great at first! The longer you stay there the more you will see the hidden colors of the type of image the corporate affiliate owners of Sunray expect their employees to possess. In short, they are undeniably an undercover racist company and they expect the spa to come first in your life. They want you to be massage envy spa robots. The turn over rate at most sunray spas are incredibly high, so do not expect to be there long term. On the upside you will most likely meet some amazing people while working there but that is the only upside.
Receptionist at Relaxing Massage Franchise
Receptionist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free Massages and Facials, Employee Discounts, Hourly+Commission
Cons: No Health/Medical Benefits
This job is exactly what I was looking for at the time. I had the opportunity as a receptionist to answer phones, book appointments and building client relationships. This was the perfect position for me because I had the opportunity to grow inside of the company from receptionist to an esthetician (which is what I will be going to school for in the near future.)
Management was friendly but had their moments of gossiping and unprofessionalism which I do not condone in a business environment.
There was no "hard part" about the job. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the position and going to work everyday.
Great place to work, great environment, and lots of interacting with people.
Front Desk Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 18, 2015
Cons: Far from home
My normal workday was made up of: opening the business, scheduling prospects for my fellow co-workers, interacting with people, confirmation calls, inventory/stocking merchandise, and selling memberships. I love working here due to the fast-pace environment and multitasking requirements and was just overall a great environment to be a part of.
Unique balance of business tracking and holistic healing
Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 18, 2015
A typical day includes reviewing growth metrics and completing a SWOT analysis for the clinic, touching base with employees for praises for performance plans and reaching out to members and guests in order to build business.
High turnover rate
Reception/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), MurrietaMay 14, 2015
Pros: Discounts on product and services
Cons: Management
Massage Envy Spa would probably have been a nice place to work if I had not been subject to the pure stupidity of the management at the location in which I worked. Any respectable management level position should require a little more than prior experience as a manager for a subpar teenagers clothing store and certification to give facials. Every employee, past and present, has run into or witnessed issues that have greatly affected the work environment due to one or more members of the management at this particular location. Despite it being undeniably obvious that the issues seem to circle one individual of management in particular, they choose to pick the team off one by one in an effort to "get rid of the problem", though the issues magically remain. This is not a fun place to work, it's a very uncomfortable environment with extremely thick tension in the air, which is awful for what should be a relaxing spa setting. There is also a lot of nepotism at this particular location, probably enough to get them in some sort of legal bind if someone were willing to take it that far...
All in all, if you're looking to be consistently micro-managed, get hounded on for membership sales, and be given pointless and mindless tasks then this is the perfect place to work. If not, I suggest moving along, we can all do much better, except those individuals in management at this location, this place is all they will ever be good for.
What I did
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Southlake, TX, College StationMay 14, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Short breaks
I worked extra hard to make my commission and my sales for the month. I had drive and still do to get my job done. The front desk staff was friendly and we had an excellent environment and I loved going to work everyday.
The benefits of a monthly massage and facial
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free monthly services for an hour
Cons: Automatic breaks taken out even if you didn't take one or worked under 8 hours
A typical work day is opening the clinic, checking online appointments, booking appointments, selling memberships, gift cards, retail, and upgrades for massages. The management is great but sometimes a little overwhelmed with the respoinsibilities that they have. My co-workers are everything I could ask for. I have never worked with such amazing and caring people! My hardest part of my job is pursuading new guests to become a member. Although, I do very well at my job, you still get your "no's". The most enjoyable part is learning about massage therapy and also receiving your free monthly service.
learning experience
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee), Pittford, NYMay 12, 2015
I enjoy meeting new guest everyday! I learned a lot about massage and how it is essential to rest and relaxation. Everyone needs a massage!
Part Time Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 10, 2015
As a sales associate for Massage Envy Spa, I enjoyed flexible hours, competitive compensation, sales commission, and room to grow. If I wanted to learn, I was given the opportunity.
Health and Wellness all the way
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), Olathe, KSMay 8, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, environment, business, employee discounts
Cons: Management, scheduling, slow days
A typical day was scheduling appointments, answering phones, and checking in/out clients and/or members. I learned a lot about the Health/Wellness industry as well as Massage Therapy. The management was a mess (high turn over rates on managers and employees overall). My co-works equals AWESOME! The hardest part of the job was on slow/down days finding something to work on. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to help someone's day/life get a step closer to "healthy" by informing them of the benefits of Massage Therapy, and seeing how the members who sign up progress over time.
Laid back work environment
Sales Associate/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAMay 4, 2015
At Massage Envy I worked as a receptionist and in sales. Throughout the duration of this job I learned how to become a better salesman and about the benefits of massage.
The hardest part of the job was that there was little room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I was able to build with both co-workers and customers.
Amazing place!!!
Receptionist, Customer Service, Sales (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Amazing
Cons: NONE
AMAZING, I love this place I would love to work for them again. Productive is a YES! massage envy is amazing. Employes are great management was wonderful.
fun place to work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAMay 1, 2015
Great place to work, awesome fun staff and they will work with you on you schedule and flexibility. They have plenty of Training time to further you knowledge of different modalities to help expand your client base.
Good staff
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHApril 30, 2015
While there is quite a bit of staff turnover, the general culture among staff was collaborative. Although it is a fast-paced environment, it is fun when you take it all in stride.
Do NOT work here
Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisApril 28, 2015
Years working for company in various positions, read reviews, massage therapists hate it and are overworked, Esteticians sit around bored and unpaid waiting for clients and eventually all franchisees get greedy and stop valuing employees. All stores, across the board
productive anf growing workplace
Cashier/Shipping (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXApril 28, 2015
my last job was at massage envy .i learned all the importance of having a massage. I answered phones and scheduled appointments and sold monthly memberships.

1 2 3 4 5

$9.00 per hour
Receptionist
$9.18 per hour

Massage Envy Spa Photos

Working hard, while the manager takes pictures of us. I didn't even know I was in the picture