Massage Envy Spa

Massage Envy Spa Employee Reviews

Good tips
Esthetician (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: No clientele
The only good thing I can say from my experience with working at M.E. was the tips were decent....when I actually had clients. I was an Esthetician, only worked 2 days a week, 6-7 hour shifts. Management had unrealistic expectations and thus let me go for not meeting sales requirements (reminder, I was only there 2 days a week). Even compared my sales revenue to the full-time esty's. We were once told by the owner to actually approach massage clients who sat in the "tranquility room" (probably to relax before their massage) and tell them about our facials and products. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be bothered while in a "tranquility room". I was also lied to about my hourly pay, being told on the phone when offered a position I'd receive $9/hr but upon receiving 1st paycheck it was only $8.50. Literally every day I would sit through a whole shift without a single client. The lead esty claimed summer was "always slow". To be honest I think I was let go because I obviously wasn't needed. I planned on quitting soon anyway due to lack of income but oh well...you live and you learn! Definitely an ok place to get some experience in facials. I only trained 1 day and was immediately thrown into the job. Work with caution, don't disclose your personal life, people talk. No job security, no benefits, no real income.
Good place to work, no growth advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Thornton,COJune 30, 2015
Pros: sales commission
Cons: No benefits unless a therapist
Management is good, although favorites are picked. My manager always worked with my schedule, sales are very strict and they expect you to sell sell sell. But overall a good place to get experience in sales and customer service. Co-workers are fabulous, they are family. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching people barely be able to walk and while they leave they can walk great and stand up straight.
Not a bad place to work if you can get great benifits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilmette, ILJune 26, 2015
I actual liked working for this company, great spiritual vibe, always laughs and smiles but benefits suck and they under appreciate the employees.
good place to learn and practice skill
LMT (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: plenty of clients, decent pay, good clients
Cons: small rooms, poor up keep of building, poor follow thru
Overall my experience at Massage envy was good. The work environment was professional and i had good clients. there were a few inconsistencies with management but i was still able to perform my job with little issue. i would recommend Massage envy as a good place to start and improve your skill.
good place to work
Esthetician (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great Team of people to work with
Cons: very slow for facial clients
Very slow for estheticians anywhere for four to zero clients in a day. Nice people to work with. Good place if your just starting out in the industry.
Great Place to grow and learn
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Manchester, MOJune 20, 2015
I have definitely grown and learned a lot about myself while working here. I got to become very close to my co-workers and management is always there to help!
Enjoyable place to work
Lead Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJune 19, 2015
Pros: Chance to become a lead therapist, can easily pick up extra shifts, option to choose how many hrs you want to work weekly or daily.
A typical day for me is seeing 4-7 clients per day doing any where from a 50 min to 90 min hands on session. I work 33-34 hrs a week. I work with 23 dedicated and talented therapists,and we have a helpful staff of front desk associates. My managers are helpful and easy to get along with.

I have been at Massage Envy for almost 4 yrs so my skills have greatly improved over the yrs as well as my communication and listening skills.

I have many clients that see me that suffer from fibermyalgia , MS, and headaches/mirgrains. I find my field extremely rewarding to be able to help someone revieve their stress or pain and relax even for a little while , and allow me to take care of them. Its extremely rewarding to me knowing what I do makes a difference to someone else.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when their are various issues that arise like a therapist calling in sick or not showing up, difficult clients or scheduling errors.But those are all part of any anyone's typical day. Its about dealing with it in the most positive helpful quickest way to keep everyone happy and content.
Fun place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAJune 18, 2015
Pros: fun enviorment
Cons: standing on feet all day.
Easy job, a little demanding, but an excellent staff. A typical day consisted of opening to the clinic. Greeting guest and checking them in. Making sure the therapist had all of their supplies and charts. Making sure clinic is clean and organized at all times.
High volume of guests, Community and family atmosphere
Wellness Consultant/Esthetician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Hourly and commission pay, Monthly spa functions and potlucks, Chairity events and communtity events
Cons: High stress due to the lack of organization and high voulme of guests and appointments
Working for Massage Envy Spa I was able to learn and grow in the esthetics field as well as learn a lot from working in a spa setting. There was a high emprises on selling memberships and delivering costumer service. I enjoyed working in the high paced environment but the hardest part was not being able to give the full amount of attention and service to each individual guest that I would like them to receive because of the high volume of guests and appointments. The community of the spa and management was wonderful. Everyone at the spa worked as a team to make sure our jobs were done and every guest and member was fully taken care of.
the hardest part of the day
Assistant Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
was when a resident lease was up and no planned on moving. I loved helping all 400 tenets on a daily. Not enough hours to do more work.
It's a job
Reception/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trenton, MIJune 16, 2015
I work with nice people. Pay is decent, obviously not enough to live off of. If you're looking to advance in your career, this is not the right job for you.
Do not work here!
Massage Therapist/Mentor (Former Employee), Viera, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: none
Management is horrible. Therapist are treated like cash cows. Front desk girls don't put clients with special needs with the correct therapist who is certified to address they're issues in turn making all employees in the building look stupid.
Interact with lots of new people everyday
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Working with new people each day, free massages & facials
Cons: No Vacation, Sick or PTO, Work hours vary each week, High turn over rate
I have learned how to work with several different personalities and to train different associates that have different learning styles. The hardest part is working evenings and weekends, the most enjoyable part is working with people who truly believe and are passionate in helping to heal people from areas of pain and tension.
Great place that provides opportunities to grow
Regional Recruiter/Trainer (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJune 7, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Can be inconsistent
Great family environment
Provides opportunities for growth
Allows you to build great relationships with co workers and clients
Team oriented, excellent clients
Front Desk Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free massages, great employees
Cons: late night shifts, frequent complaints
I loved the atmosphere of a massage clinic because of the organized appointment book, and the great employees. I look from this job a lot of personal skills. This job has also taught me how to multi-task more efficiently. I've also learned to de-fuse various situations where clients are unhappy.
Fun workplace and great staff
Spa consultant, Front desk receptionist (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNJune 3, 2015
Pros: Set schedule, good compensation
Cons: Health care and benefits
The management was very understanding and encouraging!
The front desk staff was amazing and helpful. We all worked as a team to echieve goals and make sure customers were happy.
A location in need of a larger esthetics client base
Esthetician (Current Employee), Sheridan, COMay 31, 2015
Pros: Experience giving facials was recieved.
Cons: Slow for esthetics.
While I was able to learn strict protocols for giving facials, giving facials and seeing repeat clients who had a significant difference in their skin, business is very slow.
Slow paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHMay 29, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks, complimentary monthly massages, chill environment, nice clientele.
Cons: no benefits, no way to advance, hard to get full time
With such a long history with a fast pace work environment, this job is a drag for me. I spend most of my day staring into space. Finding something to do can be hard. Their front desk staff to way bigger than it needs to be. With so many people in and around the front desk at once it's hard to find something to do. The therapists are great and amazing people to work with and the franchise owners are pleasant people. I've definitely learned some new phone skills but I guess each day in such a quiet and slower paced place leaves me longing for more action in my work day.
Productive work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oviedo, FLMay 28, 2015
I gained the knowledge to became a better sales person. I learned to overcome objections and how to be a better team leader. I also have made some great friends there. I really like that it was a small work environment making it easier for management to get to know their employees.
Learning how to work as a newly licensed esthetician
Lead Esthetician (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 25, 2015
I enjoyed the fast pace and how busy the work was and that as a newly licensed esthetician, I was able to really learn how to work on a variety of people. The people I worked with were mostly professional and easy to work with and learned things from them. The management was lacking, but I enjoyed my time with this company.

1 2 3 4 5

$9.77 per hour
Front Desk Clerk
$9.00 per hour

Massage Envy Spa Photos

Working hard, while the manager takes pictures of us. I didn't even know I was in the picture