Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employer Reviews

Easy going workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: busy work like laundry and cleaning makes the day go by fast
Cons: training videos and tests online are ridiculously rigorous.
Hard and quick paced training but not necessarily worth it for what the job actually requires. Training was too rigorous for what was asked of me at my location, and my training was still considered "incomplete" upon my departure three months later. I enjoyed my coworkers and my manager was alright to work with. The most enjoyable part was being able to run the front of the clinic on my own and work with customers. Overall a good job to do, good company to work for, but understand that a month of training isn't actually the end.
Okay place
Membership Consultant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2015
It just depends on the person. Just like any other job, it is an okay place to work and that's really all I have to say. It pays the bills.
Massage Envy
Massage Envy Clinic (Externship) (Former Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 25, 2015
A good place to start out where you get a massive amount of client base. The pay is not worth the damage done to the body with consistent work, but the turn over rate is good for a new therapist.
Working at Massage Envy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Des PeresFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free massages
Cons: benefits
To start the day I would count the drawer and do the daily paperwork and during the day I would answer phones and book appointments as well. I have learned how to be more independent as well as helping clients with any problems. Management could be a lot better than what it is, they mentioned that they were going to have benefits but nothing has been brought up about it. My co-workers are great we work well and communicate very well. The hardest part of the job would be getting some members to join our wellness program. Throughout the job I enjoy see clients happy and making sure that they are satisfied with their appointment.
Fun, inviting environment that allows me to grow as a person
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work is always welcoming when I come into work. My co-workers are amazing, and I always enjoy myself at work.
Overral Good
Receptionist (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 24, 2015
This is a nice place for an entry level receptionist. The hours are decent and its a relaxing atmosphere. Enjoyed working here.
Always Booked but .....
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: almost always booked
Cons: impossible to get a day off.
The good thing about working for massage envy is that you are just always booked and busy but the management does not care about family emergencies, illnesses and vacation, especially when you are part-time.
so so company to work for
Receptionist/Shift Lead (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: working with people
Cons: not set hours or schdule
i manage the front staff making sure the clients coming in and out of our clinic are taken care of and also having to balance data entry level projects as well.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: booked appointments
Cons: cheap labor/rigid mamagement
Management care about retail $$$ not about the therapist.
Sweat shop mentality!
Meetings are non paid though mandatory. Huh?
Poor salary.paid below industry standards. paper checks no direct deposit.
LMT EMPLOYEES ARE WELL TRAINED FOR THE FAST FOOD LIKE ESTABLISHMENT(MASSAGE ENVY)
LMT (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: scheduling of clients
MONEY RULE THIS INDUSTRY,NOT CUSTROMER SERVICE....THE CLIENTS ARE VERY GENEROUS ,UNDERSTANDING, AND MANAGEMENT HAS NO LONG TENTURE AND ARE SUBJECT TO BEING REPLACED.
So much energy, lousy pay!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, pretty decent boss, stayed busy.
Cons: pay was awful!!!
Okay I want to get it out there that short of my life being threatened, I will NEVER, EVER work for this company again. Now, I know that each one is managed a little differently, but the pay range is similar across the board. $12 to $16 per massage. I got $15 where I was. Now, in M.E.'s defense, It's a great place to start and get your feet wet in the business, and they certainly kept me busy for the most part. I have been doing massage for about 13 years and $15 for a massage, are you (insert expletive here) kidding me?!? Really?! I even asked (politely of course) if there was any chance of a raise? Nope...Stuck at $15, but the saving grace was that I was busy.
Now for management. My manager/supervisor (the person who hired me) was pretty cool, and we got a long well. She participated as a team member as much as the rest of is did. I loved my co-workers and they made it worth coming to work 5 days a week. Did I learn anything...well reinforced is more like it. I think that Massage therapists (provided there aren't too many in the town you're living in) are some of the greatest people I could hope to work with. Big hearts, caring people!
Pay and No Lunches
Front desk, sales, cleaner, and closer. (Former Employee), Avon, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Cons: pay, no lunches, comp is bad
The pay is bad for the work you have to do. You get no lunches. You always have to be at the desk at All times. Pressure selling the massage packages and little compensation for selling those. No advancement unless you want to own your own company or become a massage therapist.
Great place to work!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great culture, clean and professional environment, nice management, lovely coworkers, team atmosphere, work schedule fits my life perfectly
I have worked here for over four years and love everything about it! My coworkers are like my second family. My clients are dedicated (some have been coming to receive massage therapy from me since I started). I work with a diverse group of Licensed Massage Therapists who all have different backgrounds so we all learn a lot from each other (some of them have been practicing for 20+ years!). Great culture, great employee benefits, opportunities to grow!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
I enjoy working at the Glennlock location because of the wonderful management and work ethics of the owners. Continuing Education classes are offered multiply times throughout the year which is great!
just terrible
sales associate (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: never took a break, rude, immature coworkers, didn't want to train, felt uncomfortable working there, poor management
Poor management. I just worked there and two managers didnt feel like training me and wanted the other co workers to train me. And since the co workers refused, one of the managers showed up to train me two hours late! And when the managers are training me, they're on the cell phone! I've showed up on time eager to work, and to be thrown out to the clients with little training was awful.
Extremely rude sales associates, and the owner didnt acknowledged that i was new there.
My training was suppose to be 6weeks long, and it's only been two weeks of training and they fired me because" i didn't catch on" which I've caught on and most of the time i had to teach myself!
Very favoritism. My question to them is why did you hire me if you never liked me from the beginning?
The worst part is that one of the managers keep scheduling me on the same times that im still in class, and refused to take my college schedule.
This job is absolutely the worst ,and a total waste of time! Dont apply to massage envy on Midlothian unless you want to reminisce high school, and love a rude atmosphere.
Family oriented environment
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: consistent clients, team environment, collaborating with massage therapists
Cons: scheduling errors, moody sales associates, unfair favoritism
Typically they have a full schedule for the Massage Therapists unless it's during a slow season. With back to back clients I was a able to build endurance at a rapid pace. With the variety of clientele they attract I was able to sharpen skills learned in school. The most enjoyable parts about this job is taking care of clients, and interacting with other Massage Therapists, and team members.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate -Assistant Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Whitefish Bay, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: awesome massages
Cons: management attitudes
It was a great place to work. However there is hardly any advancement for people looking to advance. If you make it to ACA if the clinic manager is not planning on leaving at anytime its hard to advance.
Its a good place to start your career as a LMT
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: relaxed interview, consistent tips, freindly staff
Cons: not flexibile with schedule
Fast paced a typical day goes by very quickly. Company provides CEU's for employees if needed. Tips are frequently good and consistent. Staff is helpful and friendly.
productive work place
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: no room for advancement
a goodt company to work for
has its seasonal ups and downs
goodt hours
co-workers are awesome to work with
I enjoy helping the clients
Okay for a short time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: you meet a lot of different people.
Cons: poor pay, no healthcare offered, angry clients, dramatic coworkers, and very poor management.
Sales goals are unreasonable for the contract they want you to sell. Clients are often upset with the service provided, and the sales script is cheesy and people see straight through it. The management was completely untrained and unsuited to perform their job and you end up doing most of their tasks for them. Very frustrating work environment for the pay they give you.
Keep in mind, this is only one location and other could be a completely different work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more