Massage Envy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,772 reviews matching the search
did not like working here
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 29, 2016
I really did not enjoy working here.Very stressful place to work. You can be let go at any time. Low pay, no benefits for part time employees.
Pros
tips and busy schedule
Over hiring with the inability to be kept busy
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 28, 2016
I was hired as an esthetician and was made promises about being kept busy. However soon after starting I noticed that they had way too many estheticains on the schedule and because of that I was constantly called off. Why overhire for estheticians when clearly the demand for facials is not there. We are trying to make a living and we are unable to do so when we only do 3 facials a day and getting paid $13 an hr. Sometimes there would be two of us when clearly only one needed to be there. Seems like they only think about themselves and not their employees. I would never work for this location again!
Pros
Cons
not busy enough way too many employees when not needed
loving environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 27, 2016
Since day one I have loved it here. The management makes me feel so loved and apart of the team. Not to mention this job is super easy.
Franchised massage therapy clinic
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 24, 2016
A good place to work to start a massage therapy career. Very flexible hours. Many locations in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
Pros
All equipment is provided.
Cons
No healthcare plans, salary caps out at $20hr
Bad at communication
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 23, 2016
Not helping me gain clientele and poor communication. Never answers phone and responds late to emails. Dont seem to care about my success
Pros
lunch break
Cons
no clients, bad communication, sitting around a lot
Friendly and professional experiences
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJune 23, 2016
I learned a lot about troubleshooting and handling clients with special needs. The staff that i work with work well together most times and i do my part to always foster a positive energy and teamwork atmosphere. The job requires developing personal relationships with clients and knowing what their needs are. Management has been shaky, and higher turnover than most management positions, however this has been handled with the utmost profession. I love the people I work with, and the knowledge of massage therapy I have gained. Also I have learned more about sales which I feel I can apply to everyday work situations.
Pros
Free massage every month! and employee discounts
Cons
Working breaks, advancement is slow and not always from within, employee turnover can be frustrating
Great Relaxing minimum wage job
Spa Back (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2016
The job itself is very easy. Didn't require much work and you have quite some free time after you finish your work. The place pretty much kept itself clean and you have free time between massages in thirty minute to hour increments.
Pros
Paid Lunch, lots of free time
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement
Fun workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 23, 2016
Great location, excellent staff, great commission, continuing education creates promotion, beautiful work area, good hours, convenient location.
Lots to learn from
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2016
Massage Envy allowed me to be the kind of Therapist I wanted to be with exceptions. My clinic had its issues but ME as a company was a great place to work for!
Pros
They kept Me busy
Cons
Poor Management of Front desk staff
love working here
Esthetician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 17, 2016
I love working here, I wish the pay was better and the spa had more business. My hours are fair and I am very well supported by my management team. I feel like family here.
review summary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 16, 2016
this is good for high school students looking for their first job to get in the door to other opportunities. Unfortunately no room to grow or no pay raises.
Pros
discounted services
Cons
schedule flexibility and no room for advancement
Small business with a huge network
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
Had the privilege to lead a hard working team of massage therapist, esthetics providers and front desk staff. Quality services at a affordable monthly price.
a vibrant family
Massage Therapist/Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 15, 2016
a typical day here is full of love and laughter. we're very family oriented and have an honest concern for the people that come through the doors. it takes alot of patience and teamwork.
I enjoy working here
Lead Esthetician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2016
I'm a veteran esthetican of many years. I enjoy what I do with the Massage Envy brand. My clinic very clean and the staff is mostly positive. At first it might have been a little slow but I worked at gaining a clientel. Murad is an excellent and prestigious skincare brand (read the books) The compensation was also low at first but over the 2 years of employed it has increased. A base hourly wage, plus a service bonus per facial of $4-$8 plus sales commission and additional goal based bonuses. Owner and upper management care about the team and communication is good.
Pros
Frequent massages
Slave Drivers
Massage Therapist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
No benefits, no concern to your body and low pay for the stress you have to put on your body to make a fair salary. You choose your down time in between clients, but to make anything you have to keep pushing yourself to take back to back clients. On top of being the clean up crew doing things like sweeping and mopping floors,wiping walls, washing linens, serving beverages, and being forced to sell products. Therapists that have been accused of inappropriate conduct with clients just go work for another Massage Envy like nothing happened at all.
Oh and pray the front desk folks don't pocket your tips.
Pros
using your talents to make clients feel better
Cons
greedy owners, careless management, low pay
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fair Lakes, VaJune 14, 2016
Complete my daily tasks, which were basic receptionist and sales associate tasks while overseeing that my other team members completed their assigned daily tasks.
Spa Like Atmosphere
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 14, 2016
Must be great at customer service and be able to sell memberships in order to be successful at Massage Envy. Varies by franchise.
Overworked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
Very fast paced which I truly enjoy, but the amount of work expected to be completed in a 40 hour work week was unreasonable. The pay was far below the average pay for the job title and there was no overtime allowed to complete tasks.
Pros
Discounted Massage and Services
Cons
Management lacks good communication and proper planning to launch necessary projects
i LOVE my job
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJune 13, 2016
i always come to work with a smile on my face.
I learned that patience truly is key, all clients will truly appreciate that.
Managers at this location are very easy to work with and very understanding.
I love my co-workers and will always cover any of them if they need me!
The hardest part is trying to sell the membership, because not everyone will say yes although everyone needs it.
The part i enjoy the most is my monthly service!
Pros
Free services, flexible schedule
No advancement opportunity and management sucks.
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 12, 2016
Phones, laundry, cleaning, check clients in and out, booking appointments, lack of management presence and lack of management skills, my co workers all gossip like its high school, co workers are difficult it's hard to be around.