Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Overworked
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), West coastJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great clients
Cons: No health insurance, Time off requests always need coverage, Doctors notes when sick still get you written up and suspended, Burnout rate is high.
I worked for ME for almost 3yrs at two different locations with three different owners.

The last location I worked at I got hurt. I was advised that filing for workmans comp would cause this location to close. That if I quit they'd report that I was laid off so I can get unemployment. To say they don't care about their employees is an understatement.

Some owners will pay up to five dollars an hour more, but that's rare. One location wrote a clause into our contracts that stated they could take away any bonus without notice or explanation. Another location required a prebooking and return rate of 40% before you got a dollar raise; which you only received if you maintained that 40%. They'd go as high as three dollars more.
Poor pay. It has its place, however.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Viera, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: It's a job?
Cons: Everything else.
This is the type of place you should only consider fresh out of school. After that you'd be better off at a *real* spa or working for yourself; the pay is atrocious and the location I'm at offers no benefits, and it's very easy to get fired (the managers told me that they had fired a very good therapist for complimenting a guest's haircut).
productive
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Grandview heights, OhioJune 27, 2015
Massage Envy was a good job to work at. I really enjoyed meeting new people, The only thing that I didn't like was that I wasn't as busy as I would have liked.The busier you are the more you make.
Steady Clientele
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 26, 2015
Pros: Schedule Flexibility
Cons: Inadequate Breaks
I overall enjoyed working for Massage Envy. I loved my clients and co-workers. Owners were not as involved as they should for making harsh judgments that they did.
Massage Envy of Shrewsbury, NJ
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, NJJune 24, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: No Health Care
Typical day at Massage Envy was quite and well organized work environment, I learned how to work in a quite and well organized environment , my co-workers were very friendly and well managed, the most hardest part of my job was not getting a tip after giving a well deserved massage to the client, The most enjoyable part of my day was getting great feed back from the clients.
Customer Service
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), Colonial Heights,VAJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed this job. I enjoyed working with the clients and the other spa massage therapists. I learned how to upsale and how to handle irate customers.
Excellent
Facial Specialist/Esthetician (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 24, 2015
I would go back to Massage Envy any day! They genuinely care about their employees and clients.

It all depends on location and owner, but I lucked out.
Great coworkers and community
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: schedule
Five six hour day per week, 4-5 back to back clients

time managment, guest comfort

fair

fun team

schedule

connectionwith helping people reach their wellness goals
Productive and steady pay location
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 21, 2015
Pros: Professional
Cons: No control of your schedule.
Nice location with wonderful co-workers! I enjoyed gaining a strong client base with many different personalities and helping to fix any professional problems they brought with them!
Outstanding Vision, Yet Poorly Managed
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee), Fxbg-Dumfries-Stafford-Manassas, VAJune 19, 2015
The Franchise owners of the locations in Fredericksburg, Stafford, Dumfries, and Manassas Virginia have an amazing vision. The managers that they bring on to run their stores have amazing drive, however, the Director of Operations is completely clueless. You would think that the person who the managers are responsible for reporting to would have a full and complete understanding on how a store is operated an ran. This DO does not.

A great company with a great vision, just be cautious which franchise you work for, and do your research prior to working for one.
GReAT
Assistant Clinic Administrator (Current Employee), NY, NYJune 19, 2015
Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic FantasticFantastic Fantastic Fantastic FantasticFantastic Fantastic FantasticFantastic vFantastic Fantastic
Fun work place great co- workers
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), American Fork, UTJune 17, 2015
Pros: Amazing Members, and co- workers
Cons: Healthcare, raises are rarely given
I enjoy working for Massage Envy the members are amazing and everyone is easy going and fun to work with. I have been there for 3 years and have made some amazing friends, I enjoy working with all the repeat clientele that I have been working with for the last three years.
Nice atmosphere, plenty of work if wanted.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NvJune 17, 2015
Great entry level opportunity for new Therapists. Benefits are lacking. Very nice staff. Management changes often. no vacations.
Working For ME Spa
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Cons: No Benefits
Typical day at work massaging clients.
learned how to create trust with clients
management was very nice.
co-workers were friendly
no benefits for off work injuries
sending people home healed
Relaxed environment not only for clients but for employees as well.
SPA CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 16, 2015
Pros: discounted massages, friendly people
Cons: time restrictions left extra time in-between sessions with little to do
Working hours varied however, one is expected to arrive 15 minutes beforehand to assist with any finishing touches with the last shift and to be prepared to greet incoming clients. I focused largely on clinic maintenance and cleanliness: folding towels; preparing rooms for incoming clients; washing laundry; interacting with customers; and training future spa custodians were all part of my job at Massage Envy. The most difficult part of the job was knowing when the therapists would be finished with a session. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was standing in the linen closet folding sheets, because it was so peaceful.
Intense Sales Postion, Great place for LMT to work
Spa Director / Business Manager (Former Employee), TXJune 16, 2015
For LMT it is a great place to start out at. Good pay: right out of school, flexible scheduling, PTO for full time therapist as well as continue education and medical reimbursements. Low pay for sales associates. Intense Sales position.
fun workplace
Key Holder/SpaBack (Current Employee), Southlake, TXJune 15, 2015
I like working with my coworkers and my boss is the best. The clients are the best to see everyday. Everyday is a new adventure.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), WestportJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good Incentives and Bonuses.
Typical day consists of answering phones and booking appointments, learnt about customer service and sales process.

Was provided good training on the overall sales process which was fun to learn.
productive, nice work parties, takes care of employees
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Highland, INJune 12, 2015
Pros: ceu courses offered always, free lunches once in awhile
Cons: healthcare for now, hard to get raises
when I come to work I set up my room, lotion, towel warmer, make sure there are enough sheets for everyone and laundry as well. My management and co-workers are supportive and we all learn from each other. The hardest part of the job is usually when we have slow days we dont usually make money or if we have unhappy clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped a client today.
Awful Experience
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee), WestportJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free massage
Cons: The massage is only free if you work for a month, the management is poor
I only worked there for a short time, but all I can say to anyone who's considering this job is don't. Just don't.

Not only were the management and owners exceptionally unprofessional, but their training consist of how to bully customers into getting higher profits. For the entirety of the training process, all it focused on was how to bully new customers into spending more money and making them – more... feel badly about things (things you are REQUIRED to find out about them during their visit).

I'm not sure how professional it is to tell new hires on their FIRST day of training that you've been hired to replace other associates that have only been there for less than 3 months, but I sure know how uncomfortable it made me. After meeting my (soon to be ex) coworkers, I genuinely did not understand why they were about to be fired, and none of them seemed to even know it was coming.
I also don't know how comfortable I felt with being trained at the owner's HOUSE.

The only pros I could find about this place are the complimentary hr long massage or facial you'll get if you manage to stick around for a full month or more, and if you are the type of pushy sales person they're looking for, they're basically handing out the job, so it'd be great for you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more

Massage Envy Salaries