Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Productive workplace. Perfect for new therapists
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Brentwood, CAMay 28, 2015
Massage Envy is a decent place to start as a new therapist. I used it to develop my skills, and determine what my strengths and weaknesses were. Best not to stay too long, pay is poor but you gain experience fast.
terrible job
front desk (Former Employee), norfolk , VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: met a friend
Cons: the managers
I only worked four days and cleaned for their osr and the manager that trained us was terrible . we didn't do hands on job or worked with customer's . they talked bad about their customers and used the 'N' word ... after having us on our hands and knee cleaning the rooms . they said we wasn't fit for the job .. yeah cause you didn't give us a chance ... terrible never work for the Norfolk va one..
productive, professional with amazing people and a wonderful manager
Sales Associate/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Room for growth as an individual, proper training
Cons: Not enough staff
Massage Envy has allowed me to grow as an individual and has allowed me with the opportunity to learn professionalism at a different level. My co-workers have been amazing and the positive feedback has allowed me to become a better individual in a work environment. I quickly learned to maneuver their computer system and learned how to handle difficult clients to build a better community within the clinic.
A typical day at the clinic would be arriving at 8:15am, turning on the computers and lights. As I walk throughout the clinic I am making sure it is up to its best potential while also starting daily tasks to start the day. Tasks include: doing the laundry, making hot towels for the esthetician and preparing cucumber/lemon water for the customers. Then I proceed to the day to day desk work, that includes making a new folder for the new prospects visiting throughout the day and going through the schedule to check for any notes etc. . . As the morning goes on I make confirmation calls for the clients coming in the next day and call EFT's (clients who have extra sessions in their account). Throughout the day we greet clients, handle multiple calls and book appointments. As my shift comes to an end at 3:30pm my co-worker arrives, we go through what happened during the day and if there are any changes for any of the clients during their shift.
fun and energetic place to work!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Roswell, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: They make family meal for the staff in the morning and evening
Cons: The breaks for a double shift aren't long enough
They are flexible with your schedule and the dynamic of the restaurant is like being with family. Overall it is a great job.
Comfortable work environment with room to grow.
Lead Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits and discounted massages
Cons: Customer complaints, less motivated co-workers
A typical day at Massage Envy consists of selling memberships and packages to clients and providing excellent service to members/guests by answering phone calls, setting appointments, and greeting guests. Maintaining professionalism at the front desk and reception area and assisting in administrative tasks including filing and data entry of client records.

I am more knowledgeable in my customer service abilities and know how to properly run a business because when the Business Manager and Assistant Manager are not working, I am the one in charge. I have worked closely with my Business Manager in management tasks and can successfully help a customer who originally asks for a manager.

My co-workers are all very diverse and the hardest part of the job is working with co-workers who are not as hard-working or dedicated in their job as I am.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my manager who wants to see everyone succeed and training my co-workers to be knowledgable and motivated. Commission is also available along with Health Insurance benefits and discounted massages and facials.
Massage Envy Murray Scholls is a great place to work.
Front Desk (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 23, 2015
I've only been at Massage Envy a short time but I can tell you the people that work there are an amazing group of people. Very professional, responsible, caring individuals that go the extra mile for their clients. It is a pleasure to work with them.
Company Party once yearly for Appreciate, Birthday acknowledgement
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Health Snack/ Lunch between clients Bonus/incentives, paid vacations
Cons: short breaks not enough time between client, rushing to prepare for next customer
A Typical day was always exciting and a pleasure to be able to help and heal someone. I learned being positive and have positive energy is the key to a happy work place. Management pros and con sometimes sensitive to the physical work sometimes not. I get along well with co-workers, the hardest part of a job is when other don't do their part of the work load and having to go behind them, cleaning room, making bed, empty trash etc..The most enjoyable part is Clientele, meeting new people and the reward of helping, healing the pain and fulfillment of The Mind Body and Spirit.
nice place to work with caring people.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: no healthcare benifits
The day is very hectic and you have to be mindful of the clock. Management is laid-back and helpfull and my co-workers are wonderful caring therapists, who take the time to provide clients with beneficial therapies and informative information an how to maintain their health.There really isn't a hard part to of the job; because I love to be of service and I love people and that is what I enjoy the most.
Massage Envy was a wonderful place to work.
Masssage Therapist (Former Employee), Roswell EastMay 19, 2015
Pros: Laid back environment
Cons: None
Provided Deep Tissue and Neuromuscular Massage to clients. Had a very large group of repeat requests. Provided body polishing, foot scrubs and Swedish massage. Management was excellent, coworkers were always supportive and willing to help.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my clients. The hardest part is probably that I didn't get enough massage on myself and the job can be hard on our bodies.
Fast Paced, Fun place to work
Front Desk Asssociate (Former Employee), WoodburyMay 19, 2015
Pros: Managers, Co-workers
Cons: Short breaks
Massage Envy is a great place to work my mangers were amazing and i wouldn't of asked for a better job! the customers and therapists always had good attitudes and it being fast paced made my day go a lot smoother.
Great work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Apex, NCMay 19, 2015
I only worked here for a few months, but I loved it. The other employees trained me in the best way, and I was able to learn tasks to properly manage the front desk. I had never known what massages actually did, however, this job taught me every benefit of massages and facials.
Good for your first job fresh out of school.
Esthetician (Former Employee), Highland, INMay 16, 2015
Massage envy is a sweat shop! They have no problem taking your break out to squeeze someone in, without asking you first. As for estheticians, there's not enough advertisement. Lots of hours of just sitting around with no clients. You only get 5 mins to have your client get re-dressed, flip your room, and recommend products to your guest! Pay is a joke, they way it works is... for each service hour, you make $15, so at the end of the pay period you'll either get paid minimum wage or the $15 per service hour (Which ever is greater), but what they don't tell you is that credit card tips are also calculated with the $15 per service hour, meaning if in reality you made more hourly you'll just end up screwed over because of those credit card tips that should not be factored in. They also have poor benefits.
Fun place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Helping people
A typical day at work would be performing up to 6 hours of massage a day. I became more knowledgeable of different massage techniques. My management and coworkers were great. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help people as quick as desired. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be helping people.
Produtive fun, promotes health and wellness
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 13, 2015
Wonderful place to work for. Clients love to come in and have a peaceful mindset upon leaving from their massage. The management crew is very helpful and understanding.
Great place to work and learn from all the great Therapist!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great people, massage on breaks from co workers
Cons: Start to feel like a robot.
Working with Massage Envy is not only a great learning experience for new Therapist, it is also another stepping stone in your path to becoming a better you. The Experience gained at Massage Envy helps you for future career choices! Management is outstanding, they listen to everyone's needs. Management handles clients and employees fairly, making sure no one is being taken advantage of. With all this said, there has to be something that has to balance out perfection, and that brings me to the subject where its out of your control, physical exhaustion. Sometimes your tired, but you cant quit! Head high, that soon time will fly, and you'll be happy knowing you made a change in someones life today!
cheap owner
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), geneva, ilMay 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: overworked, cant leave if have no appointments, underpaid, horrible benefits, etc
This owner owns 5 locations. Geneva being one of them .
He offers 2k as a signing bonus. However, he doesn't like to give it to you.
He makes you sign a contract that you can't work 25 miles from any of his locations, after you leave for a year...which will cover western Chicagoland.

He claims on his advertisement you can make 75k/year. Lol, thats if you work 50+hours a week of massage and if all the clients give you enough tips to compensate for that. He's just trying to reel you in.
so, if you are a machine and can do that. This perfect for you.

You are not allowed to leave early if you have nothing in your books unless the front desk texts him to get permission.

He likes to squeeze every last penny he can make out of his workers and has no wiggle room for clients on their contracts. He gives massage envy a bad name. Do your research before you decide which massage envy you want to work for.
Interesting place to work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), stuart,FloridaMay 11, 2015
Pros: Commission, front desk, clerical
Cons: Sales associate
I would say it is okay to work here and be here. the pressure is pushed to much which I don't preferably like. Front Desk are amazing as well as the therapist.
Massage Envy
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Germantown, MDMay 11, 2015
Massage Envy offered a flexible work schedule. Compensation and opportunity for advancement need improvement. The company offers positions for entry level massage therapists. This is a good entry level career.
Saint Paul, MN (Highland Park) location
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, convenient location, good clinic administrator, encourage gratuity, electric lift tables
Cons: Apathetic business owners, irritating lead therapists, low pay with no raises or bonuses
I worked at the Saint Paul, MN (Highland Park) location and it was a mixed bag. I appreciated the very flexible scheduling. We set our own hours and could tell them how many hours we wanted to do before getting a break, etc. and they would honor that. If a therapist felt overworked, they did it to themselves (some therapists scheduled themselves for 8 hour days without a break, or worked back-to-back 8+ hour days). This location, however, did not require that of us at all. They just asked that we provide some weekend hours to accommodate busier times.

Most of the clients were actually very nice and easy to work with. Management would back us up with difficult or demanding clients. Some clients do get pretty irritable about the sales pitches as they're trying to check out, though. We did not have any sales quotas as therapists, however.

The actual business owners were completely hands-off and made it clear that employees did not matter. The lead therapists were also irritating. Both would pretend to listen to concerns, but the morale continued to decline.

Not a bad place if you really need a job, but be prepared to never get a raise and to deal with some mismanagement.
Massage therapist
Massage therapist (Former Employee), New YorkMay 9, 2015
I've worked at several ME's and each was worse than the other. Owners have no idea what a massage therapist does or for how long they can massage in one day. Most have never even had a massage. They buy a high sales pitched franchise for the $$ ME says you can make.
This company has been sold over 3 times to different corporations and their legacy is slave labor practices and the other massage franchise companies are the same.
IF YOU WERE A MEMBER OR STILL ARE PLEASE READ
"HANN VS MASSAGE ENVY- GOOGLE IT
CALIFORNIA AND MASSAGE ENVY REACHED AN AGREEMENT REGARDING MONTHLY BENEFITS THAT WERE TAKEN AWAY BY MASSAGE ENVY LOCATIONS FOR VARIOUS REASONS AND IT WAS DEEMED ILLEGAL.

Don't ever work for these types. They will use you and spit you out. Make sure you understand your state's labor laws. Don't let them give you that $8-10 an hour while you're sitting all day hoping for a client and getting $15+ for the massage. You will find you are NOT being paid fairly and legally.
Young girls, whether therapists or front desk are always cheated in their pay.
Watch the corporate video for job description of massage therapist and then see what the franchisee wants from you. Bring your windex

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more

Massage Envy Salaries