Massage Envy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,736 reviews matching the search
Fun Work Enviornment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 28, 2016
A typical work day involves talking to our wonderful guest, answering the phone, doing paper work, making sure there is a smooth transition between client and therapist. Co-Workers are awesome, and everything about the job is enjoyable.
Very difficult to work for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work is dealing with customers answering phones non-stop. Required to be a pushy sales person, and answer to the minute requests of "the owner". They pay minimum and the bonuses are a sham. In order to qualify for the bonuses you must meet certain restrictive requirements otherwise the company keeps it all and asks you to do better next time (it's close to impossible to receive the bonus). No benefits are offered,if you don't meet sales requests every week they haggle you and cut your hours. They don't really promote and when they do, it is because management quits so they need to replace them and only offer a dollar more for all the exrtra work. Many of the owners don't have any business knowledge or backgrounds. Their CRM customer relationship management is out dated and is so difficult and redundant to learn, as it is an old program. It takes on average about 2 months for someone to learn the redundant programming. They don't give raises.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no job advancement, lack of proper management, no bonuses, pay, no benefits, work over load, high turn over.
I will never work for an envy again
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
I know its a franchise and not all are bad but i've never heard of a good one, i was threatened to be fired for being sick, my schedule was always left open for walkins because i was a dual, and it was extremely hard to get time off because they had to replace me with two people
Cons
too many to list
Productive, relaxing, fun work enviorment
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAMay 24, 2016
On a regular work day, I was responsible for answering phones, filing paper work, answering phones, setting appointments, and setting clients up with memberships. Massage Envy was a great working environment, very friendly and you got to really engage with the clients and get to know what their needs were and really help them get back to feeling better.
Laid back environment.
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 23, 2016
Every one was patient understanding and friendly. it was like everyone was family. Sad I had to leave to to an accident I was involved in that caused me to be hospitalized and out of transportation.
Pros
Breaks as needed, break room was full of food for everyone. Discounted massages, facials, waxes and adjustment.
Cons
The drive from my home to work. Traffic related.
good place to start your massage career
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 23, 2016
but not somewhere you want to stay. i say get a good year or so under your belt , perfect your craft and move on to bigger and better.
Here cuz i have to be
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Shorewood, ILMay 22, 2016
No room for advancement. Health insurance is a joke. For the best plan they offer which isn't that great I would have to pay them to work there. High turnover for front desk. Mgmt expects you to work when sick. Told to suck it up. Too many therapists.
Pros
Mostly good clientele
Cons
No pto. Hard to get time off. Not booked
Hated this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 21, 2016
Pay was $8 and IF you made commission off of sales you got paid a little more. Co-workers were rude and snotty, therapists were rude and would side-eye you. I was new and still learning so when I made mistakes I would get fussed at. Co-workers talked about each other behind their backs. Front desk associates had their "clicks." Front desk manager was VERY messy and two-faced. You also had to work EVERY weekend. No time for my family with small pay. Terrible experience!!
Relaxed work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2016
Everyday at Massage Envy is a great day! All of the members are happy coming in and even more happy leaving with a great massage!
If you like to work-
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 21, 2016
This place is NOT for slackers! Fun, fast paced environment, that will keep you on your toes. If you love massage, and working with different clients, this is for you.
Pros
you get to choose your hours
Cons
taking time off can be a problem
Great for starting out.
Senior Licensed (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXMay 19, 2016
This company will wear you out. Work is busy, which is good but there is not a lot of money to be made. To be able to make a decent income you have to work a lot, which in turn can physically wipe you out.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
no additional money to be made for the different modalities.
Fun, Relaxing workplace
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAMay 18, 2016
Massage Envy is a great relaxing place to work! Guest are polite and easy going. The job itself isn't difficult. There are a lot of corporate policies to follow and verbiage. You get a fair bonus for membership sales.
Pros
Free Massages
Cons
No healthcare
good job culture
Managers (Current Employee) –  Massage EnvyMay 17, 2016
not all clinics are ran the exact same. the people i work with are great. However there is no room for advcancement or higher pay
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no growth
Awesome!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Coming strait out of college studying health and massage therapy it was a great place to get my foot in the door as well as experience.
very fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 17, 2016
Fast paced environment with poor management skills. You hardly have any time to use the restroom. The co workers are great, management is not so much. It feels as if you work in a sweatshop.
Pros
Meet new people, make people feel better
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Productive and fun work place
Massage therapist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 17, 2016
I love my job at Green Bay Massage Envy. We work hard, help a lot of people, and everybody gets along. We have flexible schedules
A great place to begin and grow.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2016
As with anything there are a few things you will have to get over dealing with, but the benefit outweighs the downside. A typical front desk day consists of checking people in and out and selling the services offered. The management could use a revamp being that they are not readily available. The atmosphere is what keeps you around, everyone who works there is pleasant to be around. The most difficult aspect to deal with is schedule changing and lack of on site managers. It has really helped me learn more about the massage field in the aspects of selling, learning the variety of people and how to deal with them.
.This place is a joke
Aesthetician / Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2016
My story is so much like the others. The money was terrible. Management was unprofessional. Didn't have appointments for days in a row but still had to be there.
Pros
Cons
Not busy
Poor Management and Rude Clients
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORMay 16, 2016
Clients are extremely rude. I've cried in front of clients and later at home, I've received death threats for clients and am bossed around daily by therapists and management. This place is unorganized and depressing both for employees and clients.
Suitable as a transitional job
Wellness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2016
Although is is a helpful job for transitioning and a learning experience in terms of customer service, there was little to no ability to advance. Not enough room for job growth. Very positive and energetic attitude with staff and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.