Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employer Reviews

Co-workers
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Manhattan BeachAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great people to work around
Cons: no benefits
I have really cool co-workers and the clients are nice. But the spa could use some work.
Worst paying job ever
Junior Manager (Former Employee), Bergen county, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: horrible pay, managment
I worked at Massage Envy Spa for over 5 years, and I can honestly say that I got a raise 2x. The first time was a 25 cent raise, and the 2nd time I got a $1.75 raise, and that was only because I was promoted. They play favoritism to the fullest, and take micro managing to a whole new level. The owner promoted the Assistant Clinic Admin, to become the – more... Clinic administrator, due to the fact that she was opening a new location in south Jersey. She never allowed her new C.A to make any decisions. Any and everything had to go through her. There was no moral in that place. All of the sales associates were extremely miserable, and there was a very heavy turn over rate. No matter how hard you tried, or how great your sales were, they would always focus on what needs to be worked on instead of giving you credit for selling so many memberships, or from getting great reviews from clients. – less
High paced environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Wellesley, MAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great product, able to help people in pain, fast paced
Cons: independently owned franchise with limited benefits
I have really enjoyed working at this establishment because over the last 5 years I have learned so much about management, recruitment, employee ramp up, customer service, event coordination and reaching goals.

Everyday is new experience because we deal with over 1,200 members at this location. Everyday I check and respond to my email from clients – more... and other businesses, check the schedule, check the sales we have generated so far and deal with any issue that has come up on that day.

It is my responsibility to ensure that all guests have the best experience and come back for repeat business. To ensure that everything runs smoothly, a lot of behind the scenes things need to happen. Employees need to feel taken care of and recognized for their exceptional work and constant re-training is essential.

I also enjoy this job because I am able to help people that have been insured or seek physical therapy for their well-being. I believe in the product that we sell and I know it has a positive impact on people's lives. – less
Great job for Newbies
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: no medical benefits
if you want a First Job doing massage this is a good place to learn.
Friendly and professional.
Massage therapist (Current Employee), Tinley ParkAugust 19, 2014
Pros: steady clientele
Cons: back-to-back booking
It's a nice place to learn and gain knowledge and experience. :)
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYAugust 14, 2014
A typical day at Massage Envy included many daily task including opening to closing duties. I would first balance the register and then answer and check any voice mails. After i would check and make sure everything is in order for the clinic to run properly. During the day i would answer calls and help clients. I would make appointments and check people – more... in and out. I handled many customer service issues while also selling Massage Envy's wellness program. I had to keep a 20 percent selling average. – less
Vary Relaxing and full of life!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2014
I loved working for Massage Envy and Massage Envy Spa! Co-workers are amazing, and vary laid back. I loved the Clientele Everyone I came in contact with was always so respectful!
Fun place to work, but low pay
Sales/Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2014
A fun, peaceful place to work. However, the pay is not good. Fellow employees were very kind and hard working.A monthly free message was awesome. Overall, a great place to work but you will have to live on a strict budget.
I love massage envy
Sales and Reservation Represenative (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: company is good to everyone
Cons: management needs work
A typical day at work was customer service as well as bettering the company. the company spends a lot of time trying to make things better for their employees and for their customers. I really like how well the train for customer service. The only thing that I did not really enjoy was the fact that management was not picked nicely. By that I mean they – more... chose whoever they liked other than who is that best fit. – less
Pretty good
Licenced Massage Practioner (Current Employee), Woodinville, WAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: low wages for massage
If your just getting your start its a good place to work on a lot of bodies and gain experience.
Externship
Massage Therapist (Externship) (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: close resturants, ideal work location, convienient placement.
I enjoyed the time I spent at Massage Envy whilst during my Externship, everything was always in order and the environment was indefinitely relaxing. Each day was memorable and everyone was always friendly, knowledgeable and skilled.
Great employees
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: sales pressure
Massage Envy was a great place to work because the therapists and front desk associates are very supportive of each other, although there were scheduling miscommunications at times which could be stressful. I enjoyed getting to know clients and being a part of maintaining their overall health and wellness. The hardest part of the job is the pressure – more... to sell memberships. – less
Hostile Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXAugust 6, 2014
Overall I loved the job and the duties of the job but it was such a hostile environment that I didn't even want to go to work. Management was rude and didn't know how to treat employees with respect.
Worst Place Ever!!!!
front desk (Former Employee), Jersey city, njAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free massages & facials
Cons: owner, management, pay, working conditions
As an employee they treat you horribly! They tell you your gonna get paid a certain amount & when you go in for the interview is completely different. It's mainly a sales job. If you don't stay at a certain percentage you will be fired! They play favorites & if you are not the favorite you are screwed. When I started working there the owner was sweet – more... & kind then he began treating everyone like scum & nothing is good enough for him. He is extremely disrespectful to staff as well as clients. Some of the co workers are really sweet & the clients as well. I only stayed for 6 months b/c the pay was horrible $9 & working conditions were bad. I only would recommend working here if it was your last option for a job & you hit rock bottom. – less
What's behind that door?
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Carmel, INAugust 5, 2014
Pros: i regret that i can not list one pro
Cons: see comments in review
Poor pay for therapists, unclean rooms, ineffectual management, pay checks incorrect, no observance to seniority when booking clients, dysfunctional work environment.
Not a place for adults to work unless in dire need of money
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), MemphisAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: everything else
Worst company I've ever worked for. Management is horrible, this includes the owner. Pay is horrible for professionals and we are often treated as if we have no clue what we are talking about. People without a license believe they know more about what should happen than licensed, seasoned professionals. This is absolutely BELOW a start up job.
Great place to get started
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 3, 2014
Pros: large clientelle
Cons: pay
inconsistent management
Great place for massage therapists to treat different clients with different issues.
Fast paced
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJAugust 2, 2014
Great company that allows you to use your skills to help many clients. Was able to work and meet many wonderful people.
productive and fun work place
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free massages
Cons: no paid sick time or vacations
Management and employees work well as a team.The best part of the job would be the clients, seeing there improvement. The worse part of the job is you don't get sick time or vacation time.
Fun working place
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOJuly 30, 2014
Set up room
get supplies ready
meet and greet clients
discuss problematic areas
design customize massage for the client

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more