Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Helping customers manage stress and pain.
Cons: disregard of ethics, no accountability from management
If you are thinking of applying to this company, do yourself a favor and find out what you are getting yourself into. Walk in or make an appointment for a massage, sit in the waiting area close to the front desk so you can witness their conduct, ask to use their bathroom, so you can walk by massage rooms (and possibly the breakroom). That might give you somewhat of an idea of how employees conduct themselves when they think nobody is listening. Unfortunately it might not tell you anything about management, for that, you can do a google search for lawsuits. You can ask how often they have corporate inspections and whether they fail consistently and why. Are they following corporate guidelines at all or are they putting customers in harm's way? Take your time to look around, get a feel of the environment.
Good place to start career for experience
Lead Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Manchester, MOAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Helping clients alleviate stress and/or pain.
Cons: very demanding physically on therapist body
I enjoyed working at the spa, working with co-workers and clients. It is a very physically demanding job. It is necessary to stretch one self prior to performing massages, and should be a requirement that therapist receive a monthly massage.
Greedy selfish unappreciative owners and management
Esthetician (Former Employee), diamond bar, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Occasional pot lucks health care
Cons: no holiday bonuses no raises over 2 hour breaks
Lack of communication manager always on the phone with a family member or dealing with other not job related issues works out in her office very forgetful leaves when she wants she even has a sale associate working from home!!!! Everything here is favoritism sales associate girls need to memorize products better and all they do is chit chat in the file room and always max us all out they are lazy OWNERS ARE NEVER THERE! And don't know how to run it right!! They are nothing but greedy people that underpay us and there's no advancement here sanitation is ok
do not waste your time
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Pearland, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: clients
Cons: Pay, bad management, does not care about employee's
I've been with the company for years. There aren't any health benefits, no PTO, good luck on trying to advance in the company. The only reason I remained with the company so long is at one time, it was a loyality to a particular person. Now its was only because I have the flexibility to go to school and tend to my family . Please do not waste your time here. If you do, let it be a temporary space until you find some place better with benefits and growth advancements and that will actually appreciate you. You will work until you are broken. When they say 50,000/yr ITS A LIE! Most therapist are struggling with 27,000-30,000 average.Most Envy's have a salary cap as well.
Horrible place to work
LMT (Former Employee), PAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Consistent income
Cons: No health care, they employ sexually violent criminals, they don't always pay you, they do not follow sanitation safety procedures.
During my 5years with the company, I experienced only negative things. The first franchise wanted to terminate me due to a medical condition. The second franchise didn't follow sanitation protocols with the blankets and refused to pay some of my commissions. Basically they forced me to provide over 12hours of massage without pay. Isn't that called slavery? The third franchise fired the best employees for unnecessary reasons. I went through a very difficult time in my personal life and they just didn't care. They don't care about anyone except the corporation. It is truly the McDonald's of massage. Do not work for them.
Worst management ever!
sales associate (Former Employee), Framingham, MassachusettsAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Get a chance to network with clients
Cons: little to no support, bad management
If I could give a negative star! After working for this company for over 8 months, was passed over numerous times for promotions, management was hardly ever present, if you had concerns they wouldn't take you seriously. Blamed my personality on why I was never promoted. Company itself is a scam!
Poor management, don't care about employees
Massage therapist (Former Employee), north CarolinaAugust 24, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: its a horrible job
this is the worst company I've ever worked for. Management does not care about their employees whatsoever. Management is terrible. Whenever you need a manager there is not one to be found. The scheduling of appointments is horrible.
Fun Place to Work
Lead Massage Therapist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: make $$$ and have a flexible schedule
Cons: No medical benifits or PTO at some massage envys
Massage Envy is an excellent place to work if you want to set your own schedule, work 20+ hours a week and make some money. The management depends on the different clinics-some managers are awesome-some are now-that goes with any job.
i did what i loved
Esthetician (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, free product seminars
Cons: no healthcare, no benefits, poor management
A typical day at work was often slow, as the business had just started to introduce facials. Business eventually picked up as I pushed to advertise. While working for Massage Envy Spa I was able to learn a lot about Murad products and protocols, I was also able to learn about the do's and don'ts of skincare. All of my coworkers were very enjoyable to be around, I never dreaded going to work, because I did what I loved and I also loved who I worked with. The hardest part of the job, unfortunately, was the lack of skills and possibly experience with management, it was hard when we would run out of product or supplies that we needed on a daily basis, I would always try to stay ahead and notify managers when product and supplies were running low but orders wouldn't be sent out on time. With the good and the bad, I still enjoyed my time with the company.
Enjoyable place to work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAAugust 22, 2015
Hard yet fulfilling job where you are able to help people to better their quality of life. A typical day is providing therapeutic massages. Management and my co-workers is what makes the day enjoyable as well as meeting new and interesting clients.
Fantastic place to work!!!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTAugust 21, 2015
I have worked for Massage Envy for over seven years and I love it. They are not only great to their staff, but they give back t the community in several different ways. I highly recommend Massage Envy
Great place to work for flexibility
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Denver, Colorado (Tiffany Plaza)August 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, great clients, respectful and supportive staff
Cons: Back room in need of organization to remain tidy
My personal experience at Massage Envy Tiffany Plaza was that it was a great place to work. It was a place that I could pick up hours or cut down hours. Management always took the time to make sure all staff were on the same page. Massage Therapist with many years of experience to learn from. The Clients were consistent and were loyal to their Massage Therapists of choice.
very busy spa good people to work with. Hours are very flexibale.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: there is a steady clientelle
Cons: there are hardly any benifits or room for higher positions.
Massage envy is a great spa to start off with as a massage therapist I learned to improve my skills there and grow as a professional.The management at my spa is good they are always on top of things and are very helpful. I get along with all my co workers, they always help me out and work as a team. It is pretty busy here so you will always have steady work. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the tasks other than massaging. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to massage and help clients with out having to do any marketing the front desk staff does all of that for you.
Calm, structured working environment
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Thornton, COAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great working hours
Cons: Lack of personal benefits
A wonderful, clean facility used to provide therapeutic and spa oriented massages that are developed to a client specific needs.
fast paced work environment, great commission and incentives
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: great bonuses, commission, great co-workers, open more hours so you can get hours, paid lunch breaks
Cons: stressful sales environment, no room to grow within company
I thoroughly enjoyed this job at first, but it became clear after awhile that all the business cares about is selling memberships, instead of actually helping people with their pain. Management was great in the sense that they gave great bonuses and liked to have fun while working, but the job became stressful if sales were low for a week or two. If you don't maintain a certain sales closing, they fire you. The hardest part of the job was pushing memberships on people right after they came out their massage. I felt that it ruined the relaxing environment and experience for them. I had to push memberships on people, even though they financially could not afford it. Many times, I would talk people into memberships knowing they couldnt afford it, and that was something I was not proud of. I did learn great sales techniques at this job, but I would never work for a company like that again.
Thought this would turn into a good experience...
Shift Lead (Current Employee), mission viejo southAugust 16, 2015
Pros: It was a job..
Cons: Dont care about their employees
Moved up quickly within company however compensation and benefits for the area I live in is absolutely horrible.
From what I have taken and learned, they do not care about their employees, would rather shuffle them in as quickly as they go, not a good turn over rate.
enjoyable co-workers, relaxed atmosphere, horrible compensation
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks, easy day
Cons: no health care, horrible pay
I have been working there for about six months. The staff is very friendly and fun to be around. The best part about my job. The manager is super nice, but not very on top of it. The pay is horrible! They do not promote, no where to go. Everyone is considered some sort of manager and all make bellow $13 an hour.
Front Desk Sales Associate -Better than an office job.
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stuart, FLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Free massage each month, front desk staff/therapists are nice
Cons: High turnover, no room for advancement or health insurance, pay is ok - sales are crucial to make decent $
The front desk staff at this location is always friendly and in my opinion, the some of the best...they are the first impression for the clinic as a whole! The job itself is not simply meeting and greeting the clients and members - it is so much more - so at times it gets hectic and it's hard work! The pay is not much and there is no health insurance, but the free massage each month is a perk. My co-workers are fun and supportive and for the most part, it is a neat place to work. You meet a lot of people and have to know how to deal with different personalities.
Best customers!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 10, 2015
Pros: guests, customer interaction, tips
Cons: management complaints by guests
While the administration and front desk were unorganized in both planning and housekeeping, pay was a bit unfair, and were not accommodating with schedule conflicts ever, the guests made it all worthwhile.
Loved Using Murad Products!
Licensed Esthetician (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 9, 2015
Loved my Lead Esthetician, and the Murad Products. But the zero tolerance policy which applies to certain issues is ridiculous. They take the clients word over the therapist and your job is immediately terminated.
Headquarters