Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employer Reviews

productive yet peaceful place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: not very stressfull
Cons: no benefits
Take appointments
Help associates
Sell products
Customer Service
Clean up and sanitize used areas
flexible scheduling
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 12, 2014
I liked that the hours you are available to work are flexible and suit your personal schedule
fun workplace
Massage Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 12, 2014
fun working there, but managment at the time and the front desk was rude and your request always got messed up some times you wouldnt get paid for massages you did or get the reqwuest and that messed with your pay raise.
Great Experience
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MISeptember 11, 2014
This position has given me the opportunity to become a great therapist. It has given me the platform to learn, grow and perfect my skills under the tutelage of a great company.
Loved working with my team and our wonderful clients
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: helping clients and employees
Cons: micro managed and no room for upward mobilaty
Such a positive experience in healing. Loved to watch clients become more and more healed.
Seeking a position that will enable professional advancement to enhance my hands on experience with skills and knowledge.
Massage (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: my clients and my work results.
Cons: just a hobby for me.
I really enjoy Massage Therapy, but just as a hobby. I'm currently searching for a new career path in Medical Billing and/or Coding.
very relaxed and fun work place
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Foster City, CASeptember 3, 2014
very releaxed and straight forward schedule. management is awesome, co workers friendly
great for people coming out of school
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 2, 2014
massage around the clock and the work is not stable. work place very nice.
fun workplace
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CASeptember 2, 2014
much attention shown to detail and great at letting staff build up clientell
Co-workers
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Manhattan BeachAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great people to work around
Cons: no benefits
I have really cool co-workers and the clients are nice. But the spa could use some work.
Worst paying job ever
Junior Manager (Former Employee), Bergen county, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: horrible pay, managment
I worked at Massage Envy Spa for over 5 years, and I can honestly say that I got a raise 2x. The first time was a 25 cent raise, and the 2nd time I got a $1.75 raise, and that was only because I was promoted. They play favoritism to the fullest, and take micro managing to a whole new level. The owner promoted the Assistant Clinic Admin, to become the – more... Clinic administrator, due to the fact that she was opening a new location in south Jersey. She never allowed her new C.A to make any decisions. Any and everything had to go through her. There was no moral in that place. All of the sales associates were extremely miserable, and there was a very heavy turn over rate. No matter how hard you tried, or how great your sales were, they would always focus on what needs to be worked on instead of giving you credit for selling so many memberships, or from getting great reviews from clients. – less
High paced environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Wellesley, MAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great product, able to help people in pain, fast paced
Cons: independently owned franchise with limited benefits
I have really enjoyed working at this establishment because over the last 5 years I have learned so much about management, recruitment, employee ramp up, customer service, event coordination and reaching goals.

Everyday is new experience because we deal with over 1,200 members at this location. Everyday I check and respond to my email from clients – more... and other businesses, check the schedule, check the sales we have generated so far and deal with any issue that has come up on that day.

It is my responsibility to ensure that all guests have the best experience and come back for repeat business. To ensure that everything runs smoothly, a lot of behind the scenes things need to happen. Employees need to feel taken care of and recognized for their exceptional work and constant re-training is essential.

I also enjoy this job because I am able to help people that have been insured or seek physical therapy for their well-being. I believe in the product that we sell and I know it has a positive impact on people's lives. – less
Great job for Newbies
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: no medical benefits
if you want a First Job doing massage this is a good place to learn.
Friendly and professional.
Massage therapist (Current Employee), Tinley ParkAugust 19, 2014
Pros: steady clientele
Cons: back-to-back booking
It's a nice place to learn and gain knowledge and experience. :)
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Oceanside, NYAugust 14, 2014
A typical day at Massage Envy included many daily task including opening to closing duties. I would first balance the register and then answer and check any voice mails. After i would check and make sure everything is in order for the clinic to run properly. During the day i would answer calls and help clients. I would make appointments and check people – more... in and out. I handled many customer service issues while also selling Massage Envy's wellness program. I had to keep a 20 percent selling average. – less
Vary Relaxing and full of life!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2014
I loved working for Massage Envy and Massage Envy Spa! Co-workers are amazing, and vary laid back. I loved the Clientele Everyone I came in contact with was always so respectful!
Fun place to work, but low pay
Sales/Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2014
A fun, peaceful place to work. However, the pay is not good. Fellow employees were very kind and hard working.A monthly free message was awesome. Overall, a great place to work but you will have to live on a strict budget.
I love massage envy
Sales and Reservation Represenative (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: company is good to everyone
Cons: management needs work
A typical day at work was customer service as well as bettering the company. the company spends a lot of time trying to make things better for their employees and for their customers. I really like how well the train for customer service. The only thing that I did not really enjoy was the fact that management was not picked nicely. By that I mean they – more... chose whoever they liked other than who is that best fit. – less
Pretty good
Licenced Massage Practioner (Current Employee), Woodinville, WAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: low wages for massage
If your just getting your start its a good place to work on a lot of bodies and gain experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more

Massage Envy Photos