Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Very Clean and neat
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Slingerlands, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Loved being a massage therapist
Cons: not enough time to speak with the client
Very nice co workers. Positive atmosphere. Hours of labor were reasonable. Managers are very polite. The company provided all of the supplies
Orange County Massage Envy pay Really Good, the Azusa location pays minimum wage they are cheaters
Massage Therapisg (Former Employee), Massage Envy Azusa, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: massage Envy Azusa no pros
Cons: a lot find out in you dare
MassagecEnvy Azusa was Horible, the owners are rude, and they cheat on your pay stubs and most likely they will pay $9an hour
Management is the worst
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), pensacola flJuly 27, 2015
Working here was stressful. the clients are the only reason i stayed as long as i did. employee moral is very low, 3 years with no raise in pay, owner is unprofessional in conversation.
Comrades for life!
Registered Massage Practitioner (Current Employee), PikesvilleJuly 26, 2015
Pros: comradery, make your own schedule, take off if needed
Cons: no benefits, commission only
I love my coworkers and we have fun together. I have about for appts a day. Management is better than it was. Hardest part of the job is being patient with people when you are on a time schedule. No benefits thing is too much.
Friendly, awesome job
Front Desk Associate/ key holder (Former Employee), North wales, PA.July 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff, clean, location
Cons: Pay
I worked with this location for over a year, at first when I started I was in shock, there was three young ladies at the front desk plus the manager. Within a month or two all three ladies were no longer there and there was all new girls including myself. I worked a lot of hours and barely focused on school, it felt like at first it was very hectic unorganized but that's because it was changed staff. In the beginning the front desk and therapist bumped heads only I realized with time why. When being at the front desk you need not only to know the clients needs but the therapist as well, what they like and dislike. Not long after I spoke to each therapist I relayed and wrote lots of handouts on what the therapist likes, break lengths, and there ability of there strengths were. In that short period of time, we all became a family, I have never been so close and loved a group of people as much as I did for this team! Yes some days were tough here, but if you were stressed out someone would cheer you up! We even hung-out outside of work, which most places can't say they do that. But I felt this wasn't a job it was like home. The owners were awesome, buying us snacks out of there own money, and making it clear they are there if you need anything. I did work my butt off here, and I do feel as if I should have became higher up then a key holder I do not hold any grudges or dislike this place one bit. I miss them all dearly.
The only negative is I only got one raise while working here, and that was when I received a key for key holder
relaxing and productive workplace
RECEPTIONIST/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), menifeeJuly 22, 2015
Pros: co-workers, benifets
Cons: membership sales
very relaxing workplace but can get very very stressful. management tried their best. lots of sales training, but main focus was numbers and selling memberships. co-workers were very enjoyable. if selling is not your thing i don't recomend it.
Great Co-Workers but Un-Organized-Management
Receptionist/ Wellness Consultant (Current Employee), Germantown, TNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: great people, learn new things, great clients
Cons: management, organization
The people I work with are great but, the management is a little un-organized. Currently, I am working in a clinic that has manager and no one in charge. Whats up with that?
massage clients
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), clovis caJuly 17, 2015
Cons: management was the worst
go through client intake form to make sure each client is comfortable and has their session customized to their own needs
Productive and helpful work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OkJuly 16, 2015
They are an amazing place to work, very helpful!
We greet and help sign in patients, offer water, direct them to where they need to go, sign them out as they leave, book appointments, answer phones, cooperate with other team members throughout the work day.
Friendly environment/Good manager
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 14, 2015
Pros: discounts on massages
Cons: No PTO
Massage Envy is a friendly environment to work at. My manager is behind us if we need anything during our work shifts. We can also choose our own hours that we would like to work and pick when we need a break.
Fun place for college students
Receptionist (Current Employee), Missouri City, TXJuly 13, 2015
We make appointments and answer phones. Fill out charts for guests. Management is ok but there are a lot of hidden rules. No pto after a year, no benefits after 6 months, these don't count from the date of hire, they deduct every day off and vacation or time off until you were on the clock for 6 months or a year for PTO.
Trying but not succeeding
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Concord, NCJuly 12, 2015
Pros: i gained a lot of customer service and sales experience
Cons: no scheduled breaks and poor management
The management has a lot of politics in it. it is said numbers aren't the main concern but they are and the turn over rate at this clinic has been very high because of poor management. I loved seeing how massage benefited our customers and I loved the massage therapists but the work environment was stressful and unorganized.
get customers and coworkers
massage therapist (Current Employee), Lawrenceville njJuly 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch at all meetings
Cons: during summer it is slow
When working at massage envy, my goal was to customize there massage and enter in the information into there chart. I have learned and grew with the company, because of my great memory I am able to knovilw my clients better.
Worst start up job you'll be better starting on your own
Massage therapist (Former Employee), Collierville, tnJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Helping clients achieve their wellness goals
Cons: Very low pay, no opportunity for advancement, messy management
Management is just downright nasty! Tony has not one single care about his employees it's all about numbers, you can give the best massage in a persons life but if they don't buy a membership because they are financially strapped or whatever that automatically make you at fault and a bad therapist. If you not working 60hours a week for him or forcing people into memberships you are the scum of the earth. His favorite is tabitha because they have a outside relationship, she is the lead therapist very shady and will do anything to please him. Bottom line only work for this company if you are a robot and you are happy with your children and family taking a back seat to your job.
Deals a lot in sales and requires minor light duty cleaning, receptionist type of job
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: some down time, easy to advance in, meet a lot of different people
Cons: its a franchise so every store is different and expectations are demanding in some vs others, no time for break, not always a team environment, therapist never stick to their schedule, expect to work overtime every week, and it feels like management is never involved
You get to work with a lot of different people and it makes the job interesting. Be prepared to see a lot of turn over staff since massage envy doesn't really appreciate their staff. Staff are over worked and under compensated.

Therapist, front desk , management are constantly in disagreement about expectation over ones responsibility. and if your manager avoids problems (if they are even ever there) within the store's staff be prepared to handle every situation on your own. Especially if you become the Team Leader. The manager will hold the Team Leader accountable for every thing so that they can blame the problems on you.

Because Massage Envy is a franchise and each owner chooses to run the store differently, not all locations suffer from poor management. However, majority of the issue from staff have been from the manipulation from managers.

Besides that, if you are fortunate enough to work with a front desk team that contribute and work well with each other than it makes the job so much easier. You can get a lot done before the closing hours and use that time to your choosing. As long as the work gets done, then things can run smoothly. Sales become a major thing, memberships are given at Massage Envy, and you get commission per sale. but the commission isn't even worth the sale half the time especially when stores are still new, other members want to visit newer locations and you barely get new cliental that actually want to commit to a membership. The membership isn't flexible at all, as much as Massage Envy claims and membership complaints come from poor information – more... handed to them from the beginning of the "pitch". so make sure you know everything there is to know about the membership, because once the customers start asking questions your going to need all the answers to make that sale.

Clients may complain a lot and whether they tell you in person or in surveys its completely one sided. And you will deal with some clients who can be real rude and snobby. If you have heard that the client is always right than learn to just accept it, Massage Envy is all cliental base and will always agree with the client unless of course there is sufficient evidence to say otherwise.

Hope this helps! – less
n/a
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Plainfield, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, hour breaks.
Cons: unstable income, overbooking
A typical day at work can be dead slow or crazy chaotic. Schedule can vary from 1 hr of massage in a day to 6.5 hrs in a day. No stability to the income you receive. overall it can be a great place to work if you have consistently busy schedule.
Massage Envy of Naperville North, Oswego, Downers Grove, Wheaton il and Geneva il
LMT (Current Employee), Oswego, ILJuly 7, 2015
Pros: I've met a helped some amazing people manage pain and discomfort.
Cons: Mr.Bray will make it clear soon after you hire in that you have no value, that its just a business and about the bottom line period.
All of these locations will offer an unrealistic earning potential that they just cannot deliver. the owner will have you sitting in the lounge waiting on work for hours with NO compensation of any kind for your time which is a violation of the illinois state minimum wage act. when you hire in and realize that you cannot pay your bills and look for work else where the owner will bully you by conference call. also, he treats women like dirt. if you want to be treated poorly, have bonuses and incentives offered which never get paid out because the terms and conditions in which to collect them constantly change then these are the locations to apply.
Membership based clinic for massage therapy.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Good management.
Cons: Lack of benefits
Typical day at work is providing 50 minute massages over the course of the day. Management was laissez-faire as long as the job was performed satisfactorily. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go to school. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients to improve their overall health.
Positive atmosphere and an enjoyable place to work
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Knoxville TNJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Scheduling of clients for the therapists, positive work environment
Handling clients on a daily basis for body work and massage therapy. Promoting our products and an personal suggestions that are recommended for the client.
a fun and relaxing place to work
front desk (Former Employee), carmel, inJuly 5, 2015
Pros: discounts on services
Cons: no raise and poor management
I enjoyed working here because it was fun yet i learned a lot. My favorite part was helping clients and new clients enjoy their day. The hardest part of the job was definitely selling memberships to clients. Most of the customers who walked in were already members to it was hard to keep ur goal for each month. I loved all my co workers we all helped eachother out as much as possible. The management team was not helpful in any way so it was a struggle at times to be positive when u dont have a good managenemt team on your side.

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more

Massage Envy Salaries