Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employer Reviews

Overall a flexible and fun place to work
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Atascocita, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Massage Envy provides a professional work environment for therapists of all skill levels. It provides a consistent client base and a clean safe working environment.
Massage Envy - Glennloch Farms
Front Desk Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
horrible horrible location. Do not work there. the owners are wonderful when they're your friend but they will turn on you in a second. They would lend a helping hand then leave you hanging at the end. I like Massage envy as a company but this location is not good
amazing fun and beneficial work place
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Burlingame, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: active acknowledgment of achievements, consistent opportunities for advancment, provided food in break room for those who don't have time to leave and get food
Cons: short breaks, last minute schedule changes
positive experiences really depend on the location. My employment in Burlingame was amazing. I learned that with a little encouragement I could exceed my own expectations. My manager and co workers really helped keep each other's day to go smoothly. it worked as a family oriented job and would be beneficial for anyone looking to better themselves and each other. I hope to find a job like that again
Greedy owner/management, low pay.
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: nice therapists and staff
Cons: no raises, low pay, competative sales pushers, greedy management.
I worked as a front desk associate at Massage Envy for 4 months until I was pushed out and replaced. This company doesn't care about their employees, and finds them disposable unless they are pushy enough to sell memberships and close at a certain percentage. Management bullies all front deak associates into being pushy, obnoxious sales people, and fires them if they don't comply. No matter how reliable, punctual, personable, and hard working you are nine of it matters if your sales are not good enough. The money you will make as a sales associate is comparible to a fast food chain, and the stress and hard work is not worth it.
Apart from the owner and management, the staff and enviornment is very friendly and the therapists are very professional.
Goodluck, and make sure you close at 20% every month, or be prepared for mindgames. My manager made up lies about customer complaints as an excuse to let me go, though in 9 years of working I have never recieved a complaint, nor been fired.
The greed is disgusting, and the reputation is simmering.
Typical Day
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
o Provide excellent service to members/ guests by answering phone calls, setting appointments, greeting members/ guest upon arrival.
o Sell memberships.
o Update any information on the member’s account.
o Assist in maintaining professional front desk and reception.
o Assist in administrative tasks including filing, member folder maintenance, and data entry of client records and surveys.
o Assists in maintaining the clinic clean
Management ruins everything
Sales (Current Employee), Seabrook, nhJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free massages
Cons: degrading manager
Being able to help people who are in pain or are overly stressed is the best feeling ever and getting the free massage was a huge benefit. However, the manager likes to "put you in your place." Nothing you ever do is right and they will steal your sales to make their numbers look better even though they get salary and most of your pay check comes from the sales you make! They also really enjoy creating work place drama by telling you your coworkers are talking about you, when really they are the one talking about everyone behind their back. It's a shame because it really is a great company with a great goal to help people but its not worth working their when someone is behind you making you look like an idiot in front of customers. The degrading nature of the clinic is not worth the pay or even the free massages. Thank god for the other coworkers there who help you get through the miserable days.
Unstable
LMT/Esthetician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: provide all supplies
Cons: no raises, little advancement
They are constantly firing and hiring new managers, or moving the managers from clinic to clinic. They have little room for adbvancment and when they do promote people, they are far too young to handle a manager position and they end up failing miserably. They hardly give raises, and expect you to perform deep tissue back to back day after day after day. The pay is not worth the stress!
Terrible Co-Workers, Unstable Management, Low Pay, No Work/Life Balance, Schedule Conflicts
Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great positive massage therapists, the work experience you can gain
Cons: short lunch, pay, schedule, management, co-workers, customers, the membership is a rip off
Unless you are a catty 20-something with no kids and a ghetto attitude, you will not enjoy working here. Co-workers are rude and intolerable, and management is ever-changing, only making matters worse. Beware of managers that have no clue what they're doing! The job itself is decent, the massage therapists are great and enjoyable, but the pay could be better. Schedule is difficult, depending on other life commitments, such as children or college. If you are not a favorite of the management, forget about good hours or fair conflict resolution. The atmosphere can be chaotic and negative, and some customers are terrible to deal with. You are told to outright lie about the contract/membership, so if you are not comfortable with ripping people off, don't bother working here. You can gain great experience and work knowledge here, so if you do find yourself trapped in this workplace, just take the experience and ignore the catty atmosphere, greed and dishonesty, and the pompous, spoiled customers.
Excellent for starting Massaging Career and gaining experience
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: clients are booked for you, linens and other supplies are provided
Cons: pay
Hours are very convenient, easy to pick up shifts. coworkers clients are pleasant to work with. Easy to stay booked. Management was on top of things. very hard to move up, and earn raises.
MASSAGE THERAPIST
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), MARYLANDJanuary 6, 2015
MASSAGE ENVY IS A GOOD STARTING PLACE TO WORK TO WHOM IS LOOKING FOR FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE AND CREATE GOOD CLENTALE FOR THE THERAPIST.
THEY ARE FRANCHISE THEREFORE THEY GET LOTS OF HELP WITH THEIT SUPPLY AND ADVERTISEMENTS
So, so place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: co-workers, free massage every month
Cons: management, selling memberships
I enjoyed working with the people that were there. Also, enjoyed interacting with clients that came in for a massage. Management on the other hand wasn't all that great. Communication was not where it should have been. Selling massage memberships was thee hardest thing to do. I absolutely hated that part of the job.
Massage Therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: appreciative clientele
Cons: compensation/benefits
typical day consisted of 4 to 6 clients a day. all ranging from 60 to 120 minute sessions. management was ok. I am a self starter so i never really needed management for much. we had a very diverse staff. everyone respected one another and helped one another. the hardest part of the job was that the compensation and benefits were not good. the most enjoyable part of the job was having a return client and them saying that I have changed their life through massage and bodywork.
It's a groupy environment
Sales Associate, Front Desk (Former Employee), Layton, UtahJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great massages for free.
Cons: groupy
The girls at the Layton location are groupy. I only felt successful there if I was on their good side. You just have to be independent if you want to be successful. The therapists there can be friendly but get irritated very fast.
Great Owners, Monthly wage bonus incentives, good location for many types of dffrent clients.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at work is, usually a fully booked day for the hours I designate to work. I have learned how to cater a plethora of client needs. Management is friendly and honest. Co-workers respect and honor each others (reasonable) wishes. The hardest part, like any 'Massage Envy', is respecting the transitional times designated by the company end on the :05 and start on the :05. A ten minute interval for client rotation is normal. It does take some getting used to. What I enjoy most is fulfilling the therapeutic needs of clients.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: amazing management
Cons: no room for advancement
I thoroughly enjoy working at Massage Envy. I feel like we have not only a wonderful sales associate staff but also management staff. My only disappointment was that I feel it is increasingly difficult to be able to move up in my position. I need a job that allows their employees to advance in in their position. The hardest part of the job for me is customer complaints. We are instructed to take the complaints we receive straight to management because we do not have authority to really do anything about it. It gets frustratingly difficult when the client is looking at you expectantly or yelling at you over the phone to resolve the situation immediately. The most enjoyable part of the job though is being able to know a client by name and being able to have a great one-on-one conversation with them. I also love it when I make personal recommendation for a client to try a particular therapist, and after their massage they come out gushing about how fabulous it was.
Lack of Management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), PlacentiaJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: clients.
Cons: management or lack there of rather.
I worked there for a year.
When i'd arrive I would start by prepping my room, Usually cleaning up after the last to use the room. Clorox wiping all the oils left by the last to use the room.
In that year I worked there, we had 5 managers.
When I left we were without a manager.
The place was a mess, I did not have a very pleasant experience. With the exception of a few, co-workers were not friendly.
Spanish speaking employees would talk bad about you right in front of you. I made a complaint about a co-worker, and was terminated for it.
I had clients that I helped with knee, back, and shoulder pain.
It's gratifying knowing that I helped these people.
Aside from the clients, and a handful of employees, I am thankful the universe has brought me away from this place.
Didn't care about anything but money.
Sales (Former Employee), Modesto,CAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free massages
Cons: no breaks, awful owners
They wouldn't understand that I couldn't memorize the script that they had "to sell memberships" and even when I did my interview they had me do the script with another employee in front of a bunch of customers, and when I tried to ask to move to a different room. they wouldn't let me at all. Customers and other employees laughed, they didn't care about anything but their script and how it makes them the most money.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 29, 2014
Pros: half price massages and facials, commission, friendly company
Cons: sales oriented, high price for memberships
I was a front desk associate for Massage Envy. I directed calls, set appointments, did courtesy reminder calls, greeted guests, maintained files for the therapists, and light office cleaning. I learned quite a bit about how an office runs and how to keep clients happy. My management team was excellent. They were very helpful when I encountered problems and always answered my questions thoroughly. My co-workers were also a huge help and very great to work with. Whenever I needed help on a sale, they would always jump in, and vice versa. Sales when a person said no and convincing them otherwise, was the hardest part but rewarding. When people left happy and satisfied with their visit, it was the most rewarding.
This company is only worried about profits
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln, CADecember 27, 2014
• Greet and check in clients
• Answer phones and take appointments
• Sales
Relaxed zen atmosphere encouraging peaceful interaction
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTDecember 26, 2014
A quiet place to work, focused on improving health and the spiritual well-being of all who came in. Selling memberships to interested customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more