Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 2,118 reviews matching the search
One of the best places to work at!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Massage Envy is passionate about dedicating time to explain membership guidelines and also ask clients about their special needs making it easy for the Therapists to effectively customize each massage.
Enjoyable working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 21, 2017
The overall working environment is laid back but still professional. Management is absolutely wonderful. The work/life balance is the best out of any company I have worked for thus far. The workplace culture is diverse, accepting, and understanding. The hardest part about the job is all of the down time. While there are times it can get pretty busy, it does not last long. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. There is a great chemistry between everyone. They work together as a team to accomplish goals, get things done, and keep things running smoothly.
Pros
Free monthly massages or facials, flexible work schedule, great work/life balance, wonderful management at my location, paid company outings
Cons
No healthcare, no sick time, no vacation time, no paid holidays, pay is low, little room for advancement/growth
Productive work place with a wonderful staff
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Working at Massage Envy has been a wonderful learning experience. I enjoy opening up the location I work at and getting the day started. I answer phone calls and make appointments as well as change them. I try to make everyone have a satisfying appointment and make sure that everything went as planned.
Relaxing and Motivating Job Experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day as an associate is to sell memberships to gests and process their monthly payments and encourage them to maintain a regular healthy lifestyle.
Loving environment and coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJFebruary 18, 2017
A typical day at work is busy we have a busy location and is convenient for a lot of people. I've learned to efficient and organized with my work. The management is wonderful and very helpful. We help and book appointments based on the clients needs in order for them to have a wonderful experience. The difficult part is when there is no communication at the change of shifts because they have desire to leave.The love the clients and the the people I work with; I've been working here for about 3 years and they everyone knows me. I love putting smiles on peoples faces.
Fun and flexible work environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2017
You stay busy and clients are always nice and my co workers we all fun to work with and management was understanding and helpful in all situations
Great Place!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 18, 2017
Loved the job here. Worked fantastically with my school hours and schedule. Great atmosphere and culture. The whole company is great at promoting the health and Wellness of all Individuals
Review
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDFebruary 18, 2017
Great staff to work with. The staff treats you like family and I had a fun time working there. Management has become more strict than before but if you learn to sell, it will be ok.
Set your hours, work as much as you like
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOFebruary 17, 2017
If you are a therapist, usually getting hired is easy. Most of the time you can work when you would like, and do the amount of massages you are capable of. Most clinics will work with you because it is you that is making them money and getting their customers to return. The pay starts off small compared to what you make independently, but with tips and good service, it beats minimum wage and gives you a good feeling of helping others.
Pros
they bring the clients to you
Cons
pay could be a little better
As a therapist super easy and straight forward place to work
Multi-Unit Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 16, 2017
When I worked as a therapist it was great. Easy rules to follow, you don't have to take your work home, and you always know what is expected of you. The staff and co-workers treat you great, and there were always little celebrations or parties for various things. There were no benefits, but the pay was more than reasonable for the field.
Pros
great culture
benefits
A good job, but low pay
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 16, 2017
In school all I ever heard was to stay away from Massage Envy. After working in a so called "great place" that was a serious disappointment I decided to give Massage Envy a chance. Honestly Massage Envy isn't a bad company at all. They keep me busy, treat me with respect, and I don't mind going to work. The only real issue with Massage Envy is the low pay. After logging 51.5 hours in 2 weeks my checks after taxes are under $950. As a part time job with someone else, Massage Envy is perfect. But relying on this as a full time job will either burn you out or injure you.
Pros
Great manager, excellent front desk, and fellow therapists are kind compared to other places I've worked in.
Cons
Low pay, items in clinic are old and clearly worn out.
Just ok
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Gained hands on experience but clinic unorganized and manager drinks to much and works hung over. Owner doesn't seem to care. Therapist are turned against each other. creating a very rocky work environment.
A healthy and productive place for the well being.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 13, 2017
A very rewarding and fun place. Very demanding as far as scheduling and time keeping. Preparation was a key factor in staying on time.
Pros
Ability to control the number of clients seen daily.
Cons
At times take days off work to rest hands.
overworked and under paid
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 13, 2017
People show up to see the therapist. If it wasn't for therapist, this company wouldn't exist. They need to better compensate therapist that do deep pressure massages. Not pay them the same as the light pressure therapist. And they advertise the salary as a potential, not what is.guaranteed.
Pros
discount services and products
Cons
low paying therapists
very busy massage clinic
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2017
Massage envy is a great place to work if you enjoy giving 6-7 massages a day with very little rest. The paychecks and tips are lucrative. But it takes it toll on your body after a while and some days you are starving because you were unable to have a break to eat.
Great workplace culture!
Licensed Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to start at the beginning. They don't ask for a lot of experience. Very good management team. Most of the clients are nice.The hardest part is that if there is no clients you don't get paid.
Lmt
Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2017
Great opportunity for self rising Massage Therapist to learn and gain experience of clients of all sorts. Ceu classes are also provided to enhance the education and knowledge of the human body. Very flexible schedule is also a plus
Good place to start my massage career
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 9, 2017
This was a fun place to met other massage therapists and like-minded health conscious individuals. It is also a great place to meet your future clients.
Front desk/ Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 9, 2017
I loved worked for ME. My manager and owner were the best bosses to work for. They are all independently owned so it really matters who you work for. I was trained so well and they were able to work with my schedule.
All of my coworkers were such great people, when i go back to visit washington i'm definitely getting a massage and a facial just so i can be there again.
Horrible management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Loved the job overall. Being able to go in and see clients get the treatment they needed really made the job worth it but the managers were horrible and spoke to everybody like they were 5 year olds. If you want to work at a massage envy don't work at this location.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management, Paychecks never correct, hours not guaranteed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7