Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 1,009 reviews matching the search
Me
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 10, 2016
o Provide excellent service to members/ guests by answering phone calls, setting appointments, greeting members/ guest upon arrival.
o Sell memberships.
o Update any information on the member’s account.
o Assist in maintaining professional front desk and reception.
o Assist in administrative tasks including filing, member folder maintenance, and data entry of client records and surveys.
o Assists in maintaining the clinic clean.
Convenient location and hours
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
I worked 2 days a week on weekends, worked with great clients, met a lot of different people, enjoyed helping others feel better. It can be physically demanding but overall I enjoyed it.
Pros
Convenient location/hours
Cons
physical demands
Fast paced job
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
It could be a fast paced day. I was able to grow and learn much while working for the company. I loved to be able to meet so many people and hear their stories. I really enjoyed the customer service and sales aspect of the job.
Pros
Free massages when you hit sales quotas
Cons
short breaks and at times employee "drama"
Depends on location
massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City RegionFebruary 9, 2016
Each store is independently owned and operated. My experience has been amazing, but many of my co-workers have had mixed experiences. Any job, you get what you give. Built in member base, always busy, make around 25 to 40 bucks a massage hour. Enjoy many perks including benefits, free massage, PTO, CEU's.
Pros
free massage, paid pto, paid ceu, paid insurance, paid expenses
Cons
some drama as in any service industry, you get out of it what you give
was alright
Front Desk Receptionist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, TXFebruary 9, 2016
The location i worked at was the location alot of people had problems with until they got rid of someone that it kinda just stopped
High School Environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 8, 2016
Constant criticism and drama from management and other therapists while constantly being accused of drama. If you don't fit into the clique of the other therapists, or are an exceptional therapist, they'll quickly out you by making false claims that you bad mouthed one of them but then they won't say what it supposedly was, they just act like they're above you by claiming to have "let it go" without needing proof. I received the cold shoulder from every other therapist there and wasn't invited when they had an employee Super Bowl potluck, at work and during my shift. Gaslighting problems to get a "negative" reaction from you to further accuse drama and insubordination in order to take back the sign on bonus they falsely claim to give in online ads. So much mind control that no one can even speak to each other except in secret because they record both video and also audio in the break room. Notice the audio warning sign right in the front window of the building.
Pros
A building with a sign to draw in customers
Cons
Bad attitude if you refuse or are unhappy servicing a sick person who is likely to infect you.
Productive and good business.
Front desk Sales (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 8, 2016
This place was a good place to work and i took great pride in helping the customers and proving my worth and work that i am doing. Come in, turn on computers and program used. Open appointment book. Direct phone calls help Clients over phone or in person. Sell a membership.
Pros
Co. Workers.
Cons
None.
You do not want to work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. In my personal life I promote positivity and desire to be at a job that I feel I am making a difference, which is why I decided to work for Massage envy as a wellness consultant. 1) They DO NOT CARE at all about anything but number, percentages, and making sure that you are working your butt off for your $9 an hour. PLEASE is you think this will be a good experience. It is not. I have never been so miserable at a job in my life.
Cons
Short to no break, no positive affirmation, lots of pressure, bad attitudes all around.
Relaxing Atmosphere with Good Management
Skincare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport, KYFebruary 3, 2016
Management truly wants everyone to succeed and tries to help in any way that they can; i.e. adjusting schedules to get more clients, training to enhance skills, asking for opinions on how to improve or make things better.
Pros
Everyone is friendly (like family) and supportive
Cons
Short on product to do job occassionally, no health insurance
Felt like high school
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 2, 2016
The managers at most locations, especially the one I worked at, show favoritism and don't treat their employees fairly, nor are they good at creating a team. They do some sketchy things. The managers do not really have your back but instead will do anything for customers and make you look bad. Love the crew at front desk, felt like family. We had awesome therapists at our location.
The owners were pretty two faced and don't really know what they're doing with employing clinic managers.
Pros
Easy going night shift, free massages, free facials
Cons
Catty management, favoritism
Massage Therapist
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for a friendly staff and gained a lot of knowledge working as an employee at Massage Envy. It's a great place for new therapist learning about massage.
Independent
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Working at Massage Envy is a fun environment you meet people all over the U.S. especially since we have over 1000+ locations nation wide. As a front desk associate everything is done independently such trying to sale a retail product, sale a membership, suggesting gift cards. When any of these make sale you get commission on your upcoming check.
Fun and productive workplace but poorly organized
Sales Associate/FDA (Former Employee) –  Huntersville/Mooresville/Northlake, NCJanuary 30, 2016
Typical day at work included answering phones, making appointments and phone calls to members regarding their accounts, checking clients in and out, selling memberships, and making sure clients are happy with their service as well as maintaining a clean work environment.
I learned a lot of sales techniques and strategies as well as dealing with clients accounts and communicating with the therapists and management.
The management at all locations except the Mooresville location was extremely lacking and led to very poor organization which led to tasks not being completed.
The hardest part was not having tasks properly delegated which led to a lot of confusion between employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients and seeing how much better they felt after receiving their massages. Also receiving commission for selling memberships was very nice.
Pros
Free massages, commission, making people happy
Cons
No actual breaks, poor management, high turnover
Not worth it
Front Desk Associate/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 30, 2016
The owners claim to be good christian people yet they only care about how much you sell. If you don't sell to meet their expectations they will threaten to fire you but never actually follow through because they don't want to pay unemployment. They have absolutely no idea how to run a successful business with good employees. They use extreme criticism and negative approaches instead of praising their truly good employees for the hard work they do. They can't keep employees or customers for that matter, as they have a F with the Better Business Bureau because they keep clients locked into a contract NO MATTER WHAT.

Work here at your own risk and see for yourself, or ask ANY past or current employee of ME in pensacola & Gulf Breeze & I assure you, you'll here a similar thing. I truly believe I would enjoy working at ME if it had different owners and management.
Worse company I have ever worked for!
Customer Service/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall rating is 1 star. If there was an option of zero star I would choose that!
Worse company I have ever worked for; poor management, lack of respect, and definitely no job security! They cut your hours when business is slow - "you either take it or leave it" kind of management and attitude. Very unappreciative of their employees. I would not recommend anyone to work for them! Terrible company!

Working at Target or In-N-Out or Chick-F-A are better than working for them. At the very least, proper management and respect you will get.
Good place for beginning massage therapist
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2016
At the time I worked here it was a great place to learn and put into practice massage skills. Compensation however left much to be desired.
Pros
Good starting point for new MT's
Cons
Awful pay.
Things about Massage Envy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 27, 2016
It was a fun job. I got to work, and I begain calling members to let them know either they have ___ massages available or they have a late payment. Then continue to help clients coming in the store. Setting them up with their massages.
Pros
Being able to help people feel better
Cons
Close to no benefits, very streeful atmospher
Treated Horribly
WELLNESS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2016
As excited as i was to work for such a big company, my excitement died down way too soon. I felt like i was being discriminated against by customers on a daily basis and they would constantly ask to speak to another associate. Management was rude and did not care about my well being, my opinion, or anything that I had to say in general. I was taken off the schedule by a "manager" and was not given an exact reason as to why. I would never recommend working for Massage Envy to ANYONE.
Pros
Pay
Typical
Wellness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAJanuary 23, 2016
I worked for a franchise. Some of the women working at the front desk were rude beyond belief. The therapists would just turn around and talk about the clients that were coming in and out of their rooms. I felt that I did not belong, and I always felt like there was something being stated about my race. The management didn't care about the way their employees felt, they just wanted to hear juicy gossip.
Pros
free massages
Cons
No benefits, commission based
A good stepping stone in my career
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Superior, COJanuary 21, 2016
A reliable job with great coworkers! This job has helped me improve my time management skills and provided a steady flow of clients! I've truly grown in my career here at, Massage Envy - Superior, CO.
Pros
Free continuing ed classes, on time with paychecks, good team enviroment, employee discounts for services and products, flexible hours.
Cons
Have to work over 30+ hours a week to qualify for medical benifits, hard to get time off if you can't find any coworkers to cover your shift, observed coworkers struggle to get worker's comp due to injury.