Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 1,861 reviews matching the search
Laid back environment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 10, 2016
Each day guest our goal is to take care of current members and guest, and to sell. The hardest part of the job is selling to guest.
Busy and impersonal
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 9, 2016
Not enough time to think about the things that make you passionate about doing massage. Pay is very low compared to many other places in the industry. Nice to work around so many other like-minded people.
Good workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Overall a good experience, and great sales experience! Good for beginning sales job. Enjoyed all of my coworkers and had a good experience. Would recommend!
Fun working
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 5, 2016
Easy going people. Receptionist, typing and working with massage therapist. Making sure clients are checked in and out as well as making it a great experience for everyone.
Good place to start
Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJSeptember 4, 2016
Massage envy is a great company to gain experience .
A typical day included much interaction with guests . Performing excellent customer service . Manage and maintain a clean safe work environment . Handle all complaints and customer disputes . Exceed sales standards .
The pace and environment in the clinic is mostly dictated by the management before the franchisee . If the manager is hands on , caring and inspiring the clinic and staff will flourish.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people take care of their health.
Pros
helping people
Cons
inflexibility, Low Compensation, Health benefits, Support
It's a ok company that needs change
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2016
It was a bebifical job a typical day of work consist of working with the clients and my co workers were awesome the very best mangement is very new they are still trying to figure things out the most enjoyable part of work was my co workers
Warning....At Your Risk
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 3, 2016
All the Massage Envys in the Desert (La Quinta, Palm Desert & Palm Springs) are owned by the same Husband & Wife. They are only concerned about money, not the people who make them the money.meaning ..the therapists & estheticians. I worked for one of the locations for 4 yrs. If you want to learn the hard way go ahead... good luck. plus its seasonal. you will get called off a lot in the summer so save your chips if you can???
Pros
co workers, not management
Cons
everything & anything with them... its a joke they have a business.
low pay for lots of work.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 2, 2016
This Massage Envy has wonderful management in house. High turn over rate because of pay, and lots of drama. Clients are amazing, along with staff in the back. Moving shifts or trading can be difficult because we are currently over staffed. chores are required of you on break with NO pay. Raises are little, pay start is low. Tips are hit or miss.
Pros
discounted massages, continuing education.
Cons
short brakes, chores, and pay
Massage Envy Summary
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work consists of selling memberships, answering phone calls, booking appointments, and dealing with customers on a daily basis. This also includes doing things around the clinic such as cleaning, folding towels, and helping the therapists as much as possible. I learned a lot working here when it comes to customer service skills and sales management. The management is okay. Coworkers are all pretty young and in college. The front desk team is my favorite part of massage envy spa. The hardest part about the job is having to deal with rude clients and having to sell memberships to try to make a living. The compensation for the job do not pay very well. There are no paid time off days, no vacation pay, no sick pay, and no holiday pay. There are no benefits really. They just really work with your schedule.
Pros
Make friends easily
Cons
Lack of benefits, and low pay for what you do
Amazing work environment with top notch team!
Retention Manager, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 1, 2016
You work with people all day in a fast paced fun environment. You meet a lot of new people and get to greet a lot of returning clients. I absolutely love building a relationship with clients. The management team is fantastic and works with you on anything that you need. I have learned a lot in my years with Massage Envy. I have become proficient in handling client accounts and retaining business. I think the hardest part of the job is watching your regular clients come in to your store in pain; however, the best part is watching them leave feeling relaxed and replenished.
No Moral or Work Ethic
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 31, 2016
This was company that was willing to schedule employees every day, and to schedule them when they were unavailable. I had been told by my manager that it was my fault if she scheduled me during my college courses, and was constantly talking about people in the store. In whole, they tried to fore people to sign up for a membership and faulted you for not memorizing a two page long script that was "the best way to sell memberships". They treated customers terribly and the hours were never reliable. They also only paid 8.25 an hour which is never enough for the level of experience they wanted in their employees.
Pros
Massage discounts
Cons
Scheduling, pay, coworkers, work ethic
enjoyable, slow paced, positive
Local Marketing (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHAugust 31, 2016
sign holder in local shopping plaza to advertise promotions.
the company is good and treats their employees with respect.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Slow business store closed
Good place to work, steady clienteles and benefit.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJAugust 31, 2016
This is the membership base place, therefore many of the therapists obtain steady number of clients. I learned a lot of communication and massage skills from the diverse clients and co-workers.

Hardest parts of the job is, if you are a male therapist, you won't get many clients as female therapists, and the management is reluctant to give you more hours. I have witnessed the female therapists act unprofessionally yet still get more clients than male therapist who is always being professional and courteous.

My advice to the male therapist is, focus on quality of the massage and relationship with clients rather than quantity. It might not fit the culture of Massage Envy but at end you will grow much better as a massage therapist.
Pros
Steady clientele.
Cons
Witnessing unprofessional therapists get many clients.
Very busy
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
Very busy, always. Underpaid, over worked, but clients were great. Company offers little to no benefits. Was not offered vacation or sick time. Very strict.
great starting point for new therapists
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 28, 2016
The work day could vary quite a bit. Some days were booked solid and others could be very slow. There were always learning opportunites on the slow days with online courses available. management and co-workers were pretty nice since people in this field are very compassionate. The hardest part of the job was when clients were in alot of pain. The best part was making them feel better.
Pros
extra on the job training and great tips
They will not treat you right.
Wellness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 28, 2016
I've been struggling with this company since i started with them...
They started me off 50 cent less an hour than they promised.
Got it back to where it needed to be about 3 weeks later.
They never put my back pay onto any of my following paychecks.
Its been constant... they never told me when i was hired that if the sales percentage of the store as a whole was lower than 25% that i would not get any commissions that i have acquired through my own sales.
If you respect yourself... dont work for this company.
Pros
You might get a massage for free a month, depends on how they feel.
Cons
They will rob you.
stable employment opportunities
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXAugust 27, 2016
My experience has been positive working at Massage Envy. With a laid back yet professional atmosphere, everyone is there to genuinely help. The growth opportunities are vast and growing each year as the number of clinics expand nationwide.
Total satisfaction at my work place.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAAugust 25, 2016
Maximize clients service/ interaction with clients for repeat customers. Chit chat with my supervisor and co workers during break time.
Pros
Tips from clients
Easy position in a struggling franchise
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 25, 2016
The spa I work for has a steady client base and easy sales goals, but this franchise is wildly mismanaged. The system they use is illogical and leads to a lack of production. The wages are not livable and when they tell you that you are hired for full time they mean 32 hours a week.
Pros
easy, good co-workers
Cons
mismanagement
rewarding and challenging at the same time
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 24, 2016
I enjoy the hospitality/service culture. As a franchise it's challenging but I enjoyed working for the franchise owners. The start up operations will be challenging based on locations/sq foot of the spa.

2.7