Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 2,591 reviews matching the search
Good Place
Junior Clinic Administrator and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
This was a great place to work. There were a lot of amazing people. You had to deal with clients on a daily basis, and make sure that everything was running smoothly.
Pros
Health Insurance, Great people
Cons
Company ideas
Ok job if you're good with sales
Front Desk Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
Sales based job. Good hours if you're good with sales. Will cut hours if not meeting sales goals. A good company to work for overall though. Discounted massages and facials are great.
Pros
Hour breaks
Busy but low pay
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 10, 2017
I have a love/hate relationship with ME. It's a great business model. I went to work for them for flexibility since I was dealing with a sick family member. Another reason I went to work for them was to find out if I would be interested in owning and running a franchise one day. The franchise I work for was run by business people, not health/fitness experts.

There were a lot of great therapist working there and a few ones with bad attitudes and foul mouths. I did not think it was appropriate to use such language since there was always clients in the halls or in the restrooms. The front was staffed by people that really were not serious about working, even some of the management. When I first started we had dedicated and good workers up front making everything run smooth. After some change over, the front desk would not give clients the correct paper work, would not pull intake forms and would be to "busy" to ask for a tip or try to sell a membership. I even caught one in lies multiple times (claimed the client was late arriving when I know the client was there prior to my coming in for my shift).

To set the record straight, ME pays much lower than the average massage clinic in the area. Tipping IS REQUIRED at ME. A tip of $15-20 gets the MTs to the starting hourly rate of the other businesses in the area. As far as raises go, the requirements kept changing. 5 months into my next review, I still was not given any clue as to what I would be evaluated. Though I loved my clients and some of my fellow therapist, I decided to leave. I left a high stress
  more... career in IT for massage therapy so this environment wasn't for me. I would have stayed in my former career and made much more money. ;-)  less
Pros
full schedule, great variety of clients
Cons
low pay, front desk staff doesn't care about their jobs, stessful
Bad Management
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 10, 2017
The business manger at our location was horrible and had no respect for her employees. we didn't get paid minimum wage and we worked hard for low pay.
compassionate, positive work place
Esthetician/Skin Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYAugust 10, 2017
it is a franchise, i worked in the rochester region, the owners are fantastic people! Fare wages, set schedule, flexible with hours within buisness needs. continued education. supportive staff.
Great learning experience, great atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 9, 2017
Massage Envy, as a company, is great to work for. They truly care about their employees and take pride in caring for their clients. There are constant learning opportunities, especially in the Northern New Jersey region.
Pros
Discounted services, culture
Cons
Hours, pay
Great work environment.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 9, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Massage Envy, the work ethic and culture is outstanding. The only issue I have is the lack of benefits or retirement. I have been with Massage Envy for 12 years and find that is the only downfall for employees.
Busy
Massage Therapist and Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYAugust 9, 2017
Its a good place for massage therapist right out of school keeping you busy with people but the pay is low also they have training witch is nice to stay current
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Great place to start off your esthetic career
Lead Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYAugust 9, 2017
After working for Massage Envy for 5 years I was able to grow as a professional. I learned a lot from my peers and was given endless opportunities. I started straight out of esthetic school as a regular esthetician and eventually made my way up to lead and eventually I was given the opportunity to become one of the regional trainers in my area and assisted many regional trainings.
A typical day at work can vary There were days that were slow and then days that you were busy. At time it was frustrating but once you built up your clientele its pretty much solid.
I learned a lot from the trainers with protocols as well as product and ingredient knowledge. I learned how to sell but in a way that was more educational for my clients.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my clients and coworkers-it later became a family-if you stay long enough.
The hardest part for me was when they changed the prices and clients canceled their membership. Also at times the pressure to sell and have people sign up for memberships was hard.
I can say it was a great experience over all working for Massage Envy especially straight out of school.
relaxing atmosphere
FRONT DESK SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 9, 2017
The one thing I enjoy most is when a client comes out of their massage or facial satisfied with their service. Also I would like to say that I really enjoy working with my fellow associates.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
poor communication

Want to know more about Massage Envy?

Ask a question
Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
If you have a knack for sales, this job is a great one for you. If you do not, it can become too fast paced and stressful.
Each location is individually owned, so depending on the location workplace culture can vary. some locations are very relaxed about piercings. tattoos, and hair color while others are not. But the common denominator at all locations is that they heavily push membership sales
not the best place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 7, 2017
While the people that work there were in fact easy to work with massage envy in general is not a great place for massage therapists. The pay is completely unfair to the therapist, the break room too cramped. to much emphasis on try to get clients to join the membership program.
Pros
Freindly coworkers
Cons
unfair pay, cramped work space
Great client return
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
Front desk makes appointments and books future appointments for clients so that MT are focused on providing therapeutic massage to clients. Schedule is flexible.
Productive workplace, just slow lately
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
I have been able to use all I know an incorporate it all with the services Massage Envy wants us to provide. My work day varies because it is not as busy as it usually tends to be at this time if the year. The clinic management works closely with us as therapists to ensure that all clients needs are met and or exceeded. My favorite part of my job is knowing that when a client leaves my table that they will walk out of my room in complete confidence that I was able to help them to the best of my capability and they can physically feel the change.
Made good money as an Esthetician
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here and made good money as an esthetician. I was given a large clientele load which helped me be more successful in my field considering I was new to it. The hardest part of the job was that hourly everything became extremely repetitive and I was not able to go off script or be creative per individual with my services.
Boring.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2017
It's loads of drama, you have to do everything verbatim. I would say the only benefit would be the 1 hour massages you get monthly. This would be a temp job of 6 months max.
good experience
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 7, 2017
I love the people I work with. They keep my schedule filled always have clients. Great management. They are very helpful and easy to communicate with.
Good place to work for a short time.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 6, 2017
I would recommend this job to new massage therapists as a start. When I worked there I worked late shift so that required laundry. This was the worst because it had to be complete for morning shift.
Clean outgoing and relaxing environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIAugust 6, 2017
Managing is nice and not difficult to deal with. However they are impartial. They'll work with some staffs schedules and not others. They're system for scheduling new patient appointments needs to be updated as salary is per hour and commission so if all new patients are scheduled in PM and PM staff doesn't sell a membership to them PM staff takes a hit. And AM won't take that hit. They weren't very flexible with my school schedule and don't like to work with hours. They have 2 set times they want people working and don't really work with coming in late or leaving early. They would call me basically every day I was off to come in, even on vacation.
amazing front desk and therapists
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Verona, NJAugust 6, 2017
this job is great for a student, it is ran by a child that provides horrible customer service and a man (so-to-speak) who is rarely ever there. the front desk staff is excellent, but some of them can use more training. the therapist and estheticians are wonderful and very knowledgeable (as they should be since a lot of them were stolen from other clinics). overall it is an extremely shady work place. they don't offer actual benefits, there isn't much room to advance, they don't believe in pay raises unless you ask for it and have more than enough information to back up why you deserve it. management is constantly gossiping and telling the world your business. the assistant manager is too busy worried about whether about sleeping with the males that she hires as opposed to doing her job. but again if you're a student looking for a temporary job and this location is convenient i advise you to apply here you won't be disappointed i promise.
Pros
monthly massage/facials
Cons
management, no room for advancement, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7