Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 2,263 reviews matching the search
Co-workers coo management sucked
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2017
Some of the co-workers were ok to be around. Other thought they ran the place, due to the fact that the owners did nothing about it! He would only treat front desk to lunch! Never the therapist who are the ones actually getting the clients. The pay was bad. As body workers we should be compensated as such. We should not have to decide between one pay or the other, we work hard we should get both or more than the normal starting 15.
Pros
Free massages facial
Cons
Pay & owners
Aspect of a Massage Therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 8, 2017
Working with other therapist and trading techniques were good. It is a good place to start out after finishing massage school, but it may not be good in the long run due to the rule changing on a daily bases. Front desk won't listen and not give you a lunch break. When requesting to put a lunch at a certain time due to injuries, they still over book. Hard to work with schedule changes and sometimes you barely get any clients and you don't get paid just for doing chores or able to leave when you have no clients and you don't get paid for it.
Pros
Good thearpist
Cons
Sit around for nothing and not get paid for it.
Lending a helping hand
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAApril 7, 2017
I loved being able to be hands on with my clients, helping them and making them feel like they could do anything.
We became more like friends then anything.

The best feeling is being able to help others in need.
Free massages but not under good management
Wellness Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 7, 2017
a typical day... you come in and set up everything for the therapists and front desk. You clean rooms and do laundry. You answer phone calls and schedule appts. Sell memberships and retail products and try to upsell every massage or facial. You make calls to collect past due balances. Keep all files up to date. Pull all files for clients coming in that day.
I learned that I never want to work for this company again.
Management is a joke. They sit on their butts in the office all day and are of no help to the front desk.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with lazy coworkers
The only enjoyable part of the job is getting a free massage each month
okay work place
Receptionist- I (Former Employee) –  Robinson PAApril 7, 2017
I worked here for a few months and it was not my favorite but they were always flexible with scheduling. I felt like someone was alwys getting let go or suspended for not having their sales high enough. I mean if a customer doesn't want to buy a package why should the employee suffer?
very difficult to make any consistent income
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 7, 2017
unless you are booked you will not make money. expected to be there and on duty, do laundry and maintain a proper treatment room while not being paid. required to have a presence in the lobby to discuss skincare services but not compensated for it. this is a massage establishment that does not take skincare services seriously
Cons
no compensation when not performing services
It is an amazing company
Wellness Adviser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2017
Everything about massage envy is amazing the benefits, the perks, how you come in do your job and leave. Over all it is the place to be. The only thing to watch out for is the management , which will make or break it for you.
benefits
Cons
management
terrible place
Massage Therapist/ Front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 6, 2017
managers don't care for the clients or employees safety. had stayed open while having things done with the sewer causing risk to pregnant employees. have therapist work when power goes out so its extremely hot and used candles which isn't allowed
Amazing job!
Sales Associate/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739April 4, 2017
Loved every minute of working here. Job is simple, not much room to move up, but great for young people. Would recommend!

Primarily women in place of work
quiet clean place
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 4, 2017
place is better known so you get more massages at here than anywhere else because the advertisement is there. hardest part is bringing back the clientele and getting them to spend that kind of money over and over.
its an ok place to work
Massage Therapist, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, NHApril 3, 2017
They really care more about sales than anything. It really isn't therapist orientated. Any issues a therapist will have don't get addressed. If they have friends working then they get priority over anyone else. rules don't apply to everyone.
Pros
student loan reimbursment
Cons
favoritism
A caring work culture!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 1, 2017
A great place to work and help others improve their lives!
Great communication between the staff and management!
A lot of great training through the company and it's corporate office!
Poor pay, no advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 1, 2017
Owners performed the rein of terror to force Mgr out to make way for cheaper person. They have lost all the their knowledgeable staff and have all idiots now. The pay is really low and barely make commission due to taking too many none members. They don't care about their members, their guests, or their employees FOH or BOH. It's only about how much money they can make.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, no advancement
productive and fun place to work
Wellness Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 1, 2017
On a everyday basis I basically am answering phones, filling charts, selling memberships, ordering products and also dealing with client issues.It's actually an exciting place to work .
Great coworkers, awful management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 31, 2017
*Obnoxious sales tactics. More than once I have heard that customers feel bullied into signing a contract
*NO benefits
*Low pay

As someone with a decent work history in many different areas, I must say that I was immensely unhappy with the management at my Massage Envy location. I have NEVER been let go from a position and while I am upset about the situation, this is not an angry rant. Prior to receiving the offer of employment, I was honest with the manager and let him know that I do have some health issues that may cause me to miss a day or 2 of work every now and again and he stated that that was fine. However, once hired and my medical conditions caused me to miss a bit of time (4 days missed in 4 months) it became a problem for him (mind you, there were doctor's notes for EVERY missed day). I was put on suspension and not allowed to make any kind of commission for sales. Along with that, the "training" is quite extensive, and I was told that the reviews given at 30, 60 and 90 days are to determine the areas you need to work on, NOT as a threat of termination. The manager was rarely around to do any kind of training and the assistant manager was overloaded with work. So, when my 60 day review came around, the manager felt that I had not made progress with the training and due to my DOCUMENTED absences, my employment was terminated. The exact words on the termination form are: "excessive absenteeism" and "lack of motivation towards learning"
Great organization
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 31, 2017
Boynton Beach franchise is great place to work. Professional and organized. Most of the therapists were easy to work with and helpful in regards to questions concerning different types of massage, ie how to best solve muscle issues concerning your clients.
Owner, management, always willing to listen. Always ready to help solve problems with scheduling.
All in all a great place to work, learn and earn a good salary.
Pros
Franchise paid CEUs
Cons
Not a lot of time between clients for therapist to destress.
Great place to build clientele.
Lead Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2017
Good place to work to give therapists the exposure needed to expand their career. This especially holds true for male massage therapists. Being a male in this field it can be difficult to book clients starting off.
Great Place
Massage Therapist/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 31, 2017
The employees and the environment is wonderful. The owners are very appreciative of the employees and they take great of care us. The clients are wonderful and appreciate the care we have for there health.
I would not recommend it !!
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 30, 2017
I would not recommend anyone work at this particular Massage Envy because the owner is money hunger and the business manager is rude. All the therapist and front desk people are amazing. While I was working there 5 people including myself quit.The turnover rate is extremely high. For instance, the manager would yell at people and embarrasses them in front of other workers and then 15 minutes later she would go up the same person and attempt to laugh and joke with them.The owner would come in at least once a week and always ask have you made me any money today.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
great company
Spa Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMarch 30, 2017
great environment
learned about health and wellness
hardest part is upsells
most enjoyable part is the competition
workplace culture is laid back and relaxed
Pros
discounts
Cons
commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7