Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employer Reviews

Entry level massage therapist workplace with nonstop clients.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: they hired me after i was done with school and i had a lot of training because we were always busy.
Cons: no breaks and the pay wasnt worth the work.
I would come in for work say hi to everyone and have clients for 6 hours straight with zero breaks. I felt like the girls who ran the front desk (they booked the appointments) didnt care about how much they were putting on us or else they just didnt know. I was able to set a limit to how many client i could massage before needing a break but they would overlap even that by 30 minutes and said it was standard policy.
Not worth the time!
Assistant Clinic Administrator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free massages, the therapists are usually very nice
Cons: short breaks, drama, low pay, bad hours, management is a joke
I felt like I was in High School again, dealing with cliques, drama, gossip and bad work ethics. Management is a joke, there was none and when I tried to hold people accountable for bad customer service or mistakes they made, they would go complaining to upper management and I would get in trouble for coming down on them, not for them making mistakes and upsetting clients. The manager partied, drank and did drugs with the associates and they were friends at work and outside work which led to preferential treatment. I was constantly picking up slack because everyone was too busy on personal calls, texting on their cell phones, or playing on the internet. Management also scheduled their friends the best shifts despite others needing daytime hours instead of closing every night. Management also made tons of mistakes regarding licenses, payroll, and never accommodated my desperate requests to apply for health insurance for my family until it was too late.
A typical day at work
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZDecember 12, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: too much reliance on customer reviews
A typical day at work involved massaging clients, tailoring massage to fit a client's needs and interacting with work associates. The management helped create a positive work environment, as they were encouraging and tried their best to fill the clients needs.
Adequate experience with poor management
Front desk Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 10, 2014
The management of Subway ruined my experience with poor treatment of staff. Notes were left by the owners that read unfair and hurtful remarks to their staff. Their baby was also constantly brought to work during the rushes.
Stay away!
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: discount on massages, easy job
Cons: no break, horrible management
Honestly, it will be the easiest job you ever do but it's not worth it when you have the type of management that you have. I can tell you, without a doubt, that any employee in there is way smarter than the head manager. It's a mistake having her in charge. (The owners are nice, at least.)
You get griped at for pointless stuff by a manager who is ridiculously lazy and doesn't even know what's going on herself.
The pay is AWFUL.
No break.
Fun Workplace
Wellness Program Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2014
This Job was fun and easy. The is usually room for advancement. You make your money with sales. If you are not good with sales this improbably not the best job for you.
Do Not Recommend This Company For Anyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MassachusettsDecember 7, 2014
Pros: discounted massages
Cons: lack of training, no consistency among clinics, lack of drug testing, disrespectful environment, cut-throat atmosphere
Although the position was advertised as "receptionist" it was truly a sales position. The Clinic Administrator had no idea how to do their job, was frequently hostile and would target certain employees while letting others do as they pleased. Frequent schedule changes. Offer commission based on a "success" percentage. Unnatural sales scripts. Poor housekeeping. No HR or access to upper management. The limited hours allowed plenty of time for family, but the pay was minimal for the stress level. The therapists are not valued, or paid enough, and frequently harassed and generally treated poorly.
If you are looking to work for a massage chain I would suggest Elements. I have heard from other former employees who have worked there that they treat their employees better and are not so sales focused, more customer service oriented.
Good start for new massage therapist
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 6, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: $15 per massage
I worked at the Capital Hill Clinic and it was over a QFC, nice!!! They have 10 rooms with electric tables and table warmers. The owner would keep snacks in the lounge.
Massage envy
Massage therapist-Massage Manager (Current Employee), Clayton, MODecember 6, 2014
Pros: high volume clients
Fun and Fast pace work environment that taught me how to effectively and positively multitask. Working at Massage Envy challenges me to provide outstanding customer service while having the companies goals in mind! Massage envy was a high volume Spa that never fail to exceed quest expectations.
Stress Free Work Environment
Spa Back Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2014
Pros: monthly pot lucks, easy work loads, flexibility
Cons: no health care
A typical day at work would be helping my co-workers with getting to their clients on time by preparing their rooms, equipment etc. I have learned to become more patient and self efficient. My management and co-workers are very helpful and are always willing to answer questions and are appreciative of the things I do. The Hardest part of my job is just trying to find something to do. My job doesn't necessarily require much but to be present and available where help is needed. I enjoy working with my co-workers. I enjoy the flexibility with my tasks and my schedule. I also enjoy many of our work events such as volunteering.
Recommend only for experience
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: assembly line work, commission low rate pay, very slow during summer
I worked here right after school great experience but was very clicky w front desk schedulers. I'm older and didn't party w younger girls so their "party friends" got booked first. I was limited as a therapist on who they booked w me due to preference of other therapists. I was told by management after I brought concerns to them that I was a long term therapist and envy was a bandaid business so I didn't fit in. I gave 2 weeks notice after working their a year and they let me go a week later.
Massage Therapy
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Langhorne, PADecember 1, 2014
Arrived at work 15 to 30 minutes before your scheduled time to prepare treatment room for the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is talking with the members and walk in clients in understanding their goals for pain relief or relaxation.
ok place to start off at.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: can get your ceu there
Cons: your booked back to back
Good job to start off at. they keep u busy . they do have benefits if your full time. also you can take your CEU as well.
Summary
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), MurfreesboroNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work would include providing clients with a 60 or 90 minute massages. Most of my clients request a deep tissue massage, but I am also trained in Swedish, Hot Stone, Reflexology, stretching techniques, and body scrubs and muds. I book appointments and review medical paperwork with clients. I really enjoy being able to help clients with chronic pain get much needed relief. My co-workers are kind and professional. The hardest part of my job is having to turn clients away that have contraindications for a massage.
Interesting and a very personable place to work.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 29, 2014
A typical day would be engaging with regular and or new clientele going over medical intake charts to determine wants and needs for a personable massage.
You learn ways to deal with different medical defects and personalities that come with the most severe.
Management always stayed on top of continuing education and to make sure you are happy and comfortable with your job.
Coworkers are always willing to help.
The hardest part is learning how to handle your body during and after a long massage without hurting yourself.
I LOVE knowing I am great at massaging and I make sure every client gets more than they bargained for in the best way.
Awful Management and Work Enviorment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), North Torrance,, CaNovember 28, 2014
The management and owners do not care about there therapist. In a meeting we were told that we are expendable. And the ones that will stick around are the ones that are willing to be a slave to the management. If you have an emergency they don't care. I had a co-worker who had to go to the emergency room and rather than asking if he was ok. They kepy on calling him to find out when he was able to come to work. Also the manager there is very lazy. She spends most of her time surfing the web and talking on her phone watching the camera to then walk to the back room bark a lot orders to clean and then return to her office to continue doing nothing. Also they do not compensate the therapist well. There are other Massage Envy's that pay a lot better and treat there employee as people and not numbers.

So I warn anyone looking to work for Massage Envy. Do not work at Massage Envy North Torrance. They are an awful franchise.
Therapeutic and Relaxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hyannis, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: free massage every month
Cons: very comptitive with sales affected by the season
A Membership based Spa where the Sales Associate helps the guest pick a therapist best suited for their needs.
Worst manager by far
sales associate (Former Employee), west BloomfieldNovember 25, 2014
Pros: therapist, customers, spa culture
Cons: manager, no no hr department to report harrassment from manager
I worked at my location for a few month before i found out how two faced my manager was. The ccompany over all is okay but the manager at my location harassed and gossip about the front desk staff and therapist behind there back so nuch that an an asstistant manager, and 3 sales associates quit on her.the regional manager was a joke. If u complained to him about her, he would send the email to her. Do ur self a favor and do not work at the WB location.
Good community of employees
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at Massage Envy because of my fellow employees. We were a good team and helped each other out when needed.
Great place to work, grow and learn more about my passion
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no healthcare, no paid holidays, no paid vacations
The two Massage Envy's I've worked at has been positively encouraging to any massage therapist who truly loves the art of massage. The managers, owners, staff and other therapists are always willing to help.

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more