Massage Envy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,827 reviews matching the search
Friendly and professional experiences
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJune 23, 2016
I learned a lot about troubleshooting and handling clients with special needs. The staff that i work with work well together most times and i do my part to always foster a positive energy and teamwork atmosphere. The job requires developing personal relationships with clients and knowing what their needs are. Management has been shaky, and higher turnover than most management positions, however this has been handled with the utmost profession. I love the people I work with, and the knowledge of massage therapy I have gained. Also I have learned more about sales which I feel I can apply to everyday work situations.
Pros
Free massage every month! and employee discounts
Cons
Working breaks, advancement is slow and not always from within, employee turnover can be frustrating
Great Relaxing minimum wage job
Spa Back (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2016
The job itself is very easy. Didn't require much work and you have quite some free time after you finish your work. The place pretty much kept itself clean and you have free time between massages in thirty minute to hour increments.
Pros
Paid Lunch, lots of free time
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement
Fun workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 23, 2016
Great location, excellent staff, great commission, continuing education creates promotion, beautiful work area, good hours, convenient location.
Lots to learn from
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2016
Massage Envy allowed me to be the kind of Therapist I wanted to be with exceptions. My clinic had its issues but ME as a company was a great place to work for!
Pros
They kept Me busy
Cons
Poor Management of Front desk staff
love working here
Esthetician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 17, 2016
I love working here, I wish the pay was better and the spa had more business. My hours are fair and I am very well supported by my management team. I feel like family here.
review summary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 16, 2016
this is good for high school students looking for their first job to get in the door to other opportunities. Unfortunately no room to grow or no pay raises.
Pros
discounted services
Cons
schedule flexibility and no room for advancement
Small business with a huge network
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
Had the privilege to lead a hard working team of massage therapist, esthetics providers and front desk staff. Quality services at a affordable monthly price.
a vibrant family
Massage Therapist/Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 15, 2016
a typical day here is full of love and laughter. we're very family oriented and have an honest concern for the people that come through the doors. it takes alot of patience and teamwork.
I enjoy working here
Lead Esthetician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2016
I'm a veteran esthetican of many years. I enjoy what I do with the Massage Envy brand. My clinic very clean and the staff is mostly positive. At first it might have been a little slow but I worked at gaining a clientel. Murad is an excellent and prestigious skincare brand (read the books) The compensation was also low at first but over the 2 years of employed it has increased. A base hourly wage, plus a service bonus per facial of $4-$8 plus sales commission and additional goal based bonuses. Owner and upper management care about the team and communication is good.
Pros
Frequent massages
Slave Drivers
Massage Therapist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
No benefits, no concern to your body and low pay for the stress you have to put on your body to make a fair salary. You choose your down time in between clients, but to make anything you have to keep pushing yourself to take back to back clients. On top of being the clean up crew doing things like sweeping and mopping floors,wiping walls, washing linens, serving beverages, and being forced to sell products. Therapists that have been accused of inappropriate conduct with clients just go work for another Massage Envy like nothing happened at all.
Oh and pray the front desk folks don't pocket your tips.
Pros
using your talents to make clients feel better
Cons
greedy owners, careless management, low pay
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fair Lakes, VaJune 14, 2016
Complete my daily tasks, which were basic receptionist and sales associate tasks while overseeing that my other team members completed their assigned daily tasks.
Spa Like Atmosphere
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 14, 2016
Must be great at customer service and be able to sell memberships in order to be successful at Massage Envy. Varies by franchise.
Overworked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2016
Very fast paced which I truly enjoy, but the amount of work expected to be completed in a 40 hour work week was unreasonable. The pay was far below the average pay for the job title and there was no overtime allowed to complete tasks.
Pros
Discounted Massage and Services
Cons
Management lacks good communication and proper planning to launch necessary projects
i LOVE my job
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJune 13, 2016
i always come to work with a smile on my face.
I learned that patience truly is key, all clients will truly appreciate that.
Managers at this location are very easy to work with and very understanding.
I love my co-workers and will always cover any of them if they need me!
The hardest part is trying to sell the membership, because not everyone will say yes although everyone needs it.
The part i enjoy the most is my monthly service!
Pros
Free services, flexible schedule
No advancement opportunity and management sucks.
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 12, 2016
Phones, laundry, cleaning, check clients in and out, booking appointments, lack of management presence and lack of management skills, my co workers all gossip like its high school, co workers are difficult it's hard to be around.
No time between massages
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 12, 2016
The hardest part about this job is not having any time between massages. The other thing I dislike is we don't get paid when we don't have a client but we need to stay within five minutes from work.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 11, 2016
poor management, pay isnt good. they treat you like robots. they prey on new students fresh out of school. would not recommended to anyone
Pros
free massages IF you do well
Cons
poor pay, over work you. poor management
Tales from Front Desk Associate
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 8, 2016
I have to say out of all the jobs I've had, this was by far the worst! This is a job that doesn't keep you busy and you have to find stuff to do. I did really like customers but that was it. It was very unorganized (training consists of sitting at a desk for 5 hours for your first 2 weeks go over stuff you know by yourself), no benefits, the pay is awful (commission is $10 for membership that they hound you about)
andno raise. For this to be a relaxing/Zen environment, it is so drama filled. The employees that have been there since it opened are extremely unprofessional, immature and rude which doesn't help because management and them are friends( no point of telling on them). Saw no gain from being there, so I was only there for 2 months. If you have a degree, a family or major responsibilities, I highly recommend you not work here.
Pros
A free massage each month if that's really a benefit
Cons
Minimum wage pay, overwork underpaid atmosphere, hostile environment, no raise, no paid vacations, no benefits
Not worth it
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 8, 2016
Esthetician at the greenwood location get payed very poorly. The commission is 15$ and the hourly is minimum wage. We never have enough clients to make commission so we're stuck making minimum. Which I can make more at a grocery store like others have said. It is a great work environment and friendly people but how do you expect people to take their job seriously if you pay them minimum wage after going to school to make more.
Pros
You get paid doing nothing
Cons
You get laid 7.25
Had a lot of fun working with my co-workers
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 8, 2016
Horrible management which put a lot of pressure and stress on the employees. The environment would have been a lot easier to work in if the management would have been more professional.

2.7