Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 2,539 reviews matching the search
Great company for new massage therapist
Licensed Massage Practitioner (Current Employee) –  WAJuly 8, 2017
Great place to get started out as a LMP. If you're looking to build a massage resume and better your overall skills, this is a great place to start since they will take care of you. They make sure you get clients and the rest is on you.
Pros
They fill your schedule with clients
Cons
Pay
Great place to start.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 8, 2017
Great place to start working and gain experience. Very transient atmosphere. Well suited to begining professionals in this field. very reliable source of income, lots of travel options.
Never work for these people
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 8, 2017
I will never work for this company agian or refer anyone to go there. You pay $10,000+ to go to shool and except you to be happy on the little bit of pay. I don't think so. Loved my coworkers but mangers need to learn some good people skills.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Mangment enjoys keeping you under their thumb
Free Massages
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 7, 2017
Best part were the free monthly massages, worst part is the pay. Minimum wage with commission. Good job for students and picking up some hours. I enjoyed my time here and learning about the different benefits of massage and the human body.
Pros
Free Massages
Cons
Pay, short breaks, no benefits
Relaxing Atmosphere
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 7, 2017
The job atmosphere is very relaxing and Front End workers are eligible for a free 60min service every month which is a huge incentive for me considering the pay isn't the best for jobs in this field.
Pros
Free Massages/Facials, Relaxing
Cons
Low pay compared to work being done
Worked with some great people
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 7, 2017
It became my second home, clients were so sweet and the consistency was great. I just felt limited in what I can do for my clients while wrking in a spa
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Health insurance was too expensive
I'd rather not say anything
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2017
No comment, no comment, no comment, I really don't feel comfortable commenting on this subject at this time, due to the fact that I still work for this company.
Pros
choose your schedule
Cons
work on dirty people
Sell hard and earn
Assistant Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 6, 2017
Massage Envy is all about selling memberships for a great service but loses the luster of what a real enjoyable spa is supposed to be. If you want an entry level position working at a front desk with the opportunity to really earn it can be a great job. Depending on your hourly rate and how much the owner offers in commission for each membership (each location varies) you can really make a good check. This also depends on the amount of traffic the location gets as well. Massage envy is super scripted and very corporate and strict on policies and protocols. It is one thing to be organized and another to be micromanaged. You also work with therapists who will teach you a lot but beware they don't earn a lot and depend on that tip!! Make sure their client is leaving that suggested gratuity or they'll get sassy.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 6, 2017
It was such a fun and competitive work environment! The managers are GREAT and are great with working with your current schedule. The atmosphere overall is amazing!
Enjoyed the experience
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2017
Enjoyed employment with this company. Would seek employment again if the need arose. Fair treatment, staff was courteous. Loved the positive exchange of energy.
Calm, quiet environment
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJuly 6, 2017
Massage Envy was an good place to work. My problem was that you were required to be on-site for potential walk-ins, but you only get paid for massages, so paying for daycare was a burden.
Fun and nice staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson Station, NYJuly 5, 2017
The staff I worked with were all great. A fairly easy job once you get the hang of the system and complete some of the online courses. The sales dialog we give to new members is the most uncomfortable part of the job and feels very pushy. Management is great and other staff members are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend working here to others. Managers are very accommodating and understanding. You really get to connect with some customers - other customers not so much. You do simple tasks such as answer phones, restock and clean towels, make phone calls, check people in/out.
Pros
Flexible schedules, helpful staff
Cons
rude guests
Great!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 5, 2017
the management is great, and works well with you! All the staff is friendly and make you feel welcome when you work there! the enviroment is clean and sanitized and has a very warm feeling to it. this is an excellent place to work!
Pros
long breaks, nice employees, flexible schedules
Cons
it can get boring when business is slow
To many youngsters and drama
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 5, 2017
Everyone is youngsters. and there is nothing but drama. I had to get 2nd job cause I wasn't getting hours and then she took me down to just 12 hrs every 2 weeks for getting a 2nd job.
Owner/Manager Problems
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 5, 2017
The manager was great, but the owner was terrible. She was manipulative and had no feelings, no regard for her employees or her customers. Charged people extra without even telling them.
Very unorganized
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 4, 2017
Protel is a very small company that provides scheduling for various doctor offices. The pay was not that great and they did not offer paid vacations.
iffy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 3, 2017
I loved working at Massage Envy, but there are a lot of down falls and you have to have a certain personality to work there to be able to handle it. The new owners try to help a lot but never stick to their word. the therapists pretty much run the joint because of the old owners and they WILL drive you up a wall i promise. If it wasn't for management , i would say this is a really good job . It's easy but there is a lot to learn at first.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly, free massages, discounts
Cons
bad pay, no salary
Great for a seller
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 3, 2017
This job is a good job. But you have to be mindful with the fact that its all about selling. Nothing matters more then getting your goal at the end of the month.
Pros
cheap massages
Cons
management
Worst Place to Work
Former Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Murrieta Hot Springs, CAJuly 3, 2017
I have worked with the Massage Envy company for over a near and I have worked with different locations. By far, the Murrieta Location is the worst location I have ever worked for. Management needs serious evaluation. If the manager and assistant manager don't like you, they will write you up for reasons and have no evidence to back up their writes ups. When you confront them about the situation they will lie and not give any examples. It is a work place full of drama and their management are stuck in the petty high school drama phase. Be Careful if you try to work at this location. If you actually have a personality and know how to have fun don't work here. They are miserable front desk and beyond horrible management.
Pros
Therapist and Estheticians
Cons
Management, work environment, front desk staff
Awful
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2017
This place is terrible to work. The owners are awful and disgusting. The male owner is a pervert and you can tell that they are very close minded. I would never tell anyone to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7