Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employer Reviews

Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Darien, ILMay 29, 2014
I like working for Massage Envy They keep you busy with clients and its easy for returning clients to re book with you.
Horrible Company - Equal Opportunity Employer (NOT).
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Eagan/Apple Valley, MNMay 22, 2014
Pros: sales staff & massage therapists are great
Cons: management = horrible; always a revolving door of employees/management
If you have a life outside of work - such as a family, or are in school, DO NOT APPLY at the Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan locations.

They never accept time off requests (if you need a day off - you have to find someone else to cover your shift & half the time they aren't adequately staffed which means you're SOL & will be written up). Upper management/owners – more... are two-faced & shady. They will throw you into a management position telling you that they think you would be great in this position (even though they know you have no experience as a manager), give you NO training on their company policies & then all of a sudden one day your out with no explanation as to why. They expect you to bend for them to fit the needs of their business, not caring what complications their expectations may make for you in your personal life. It's no wonder they have a revolving door of employees/managers.

Bottom line is: You are very replaceable, you are not valued for the hard work you bring to the business and if you question any of their ridiculous policies they will force you out because heaven forbid you have a voice that doesn't agree with them.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR & DON'T WORK FOR THEM! IT'S A DEAD END COMPANY & YOU WILL BE LOOKING FOR A JOB AGAIN IN NO TIME! – less
Good company to work for.
Multi-Franchise Regional Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoMay 19, 2014
Fun environment where you able to help others. Massages and facials are wonderful.
Pretty good place to work and cheap massages!
Sales Associate/Jr. Clinic Administrator (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: discounted massages
Cons: low pay for a lot of work
It's a very busy job. Must be good a multitasking. I learned how to do 16 things at once. The hardest part of the job was dealing with client issues.
Productive and well organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: free massages
Cons: short breaks, location
My day at Massage Envy was to make all the tables in each room, and open the register.
I learned to greater my sales and learn higher positions.
Management was great.
Co-workers were very nice and treated everyone with curiosity.
The hardest part of the job was to make the about fifteen membership sales a month.
But my enjoyable part of the job was – more... to get a free massage every month. – less
coworkers are nice and so are the cleints.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Chino, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: nice clients and coworkers
Cons: no benefits or leave time
There's not a lot of advancement and there's typically no benefits, but this does depends on which location you work.
Lenexa Massage Envy
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 11, 2014
Was unfortunately very unsanitary with little care from management. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with everyone else's because when anyone new came in who wanted to perform well, they quit doing their part. Management was hardly ever there and NEVER addressed any concerns from the team. Utensils used to fill cream and lotion bottles – more... were SOMETIMES wiped with a clorox wipe - if the room was stocked. After shift cleanliness checklists were never double checked, therefore allowing therapist the slack to just sign and not perform. Every day was typically unsatisfying and shameful. – less
Real nice and relaxing enviornment
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 7, 2014
Cons: pay
Massage envy-eastgate is a wonderful place to work. Everyone gets along, although the work itself may be strenuous due to your scheduled it is a enjoyable place to work when it comes to massage therapy and you are just starting out.
Great Job Stability
Assistant Clinical Administrator (Current Employee), Arlington HighlandsMay 6, 2014
Pros: i loved the free monthly massages.
Cons: compensation isn't sufficient for level of responsibility.
I have worked at Massage Envy for four and a half years and for the most part enjoyed my time here. I am responsible for either opening and closing the clinic and supervising the sales associates and the therapist. Being an assistant clinic administrator, you are also responsible for maintaining a closing percentage of 25% as a whole team. The only – more... time that I have had a hard time with, is the three times that the clinic administrators has moved on to other job opportunities with different companies and I have been left with all of their responsibilities. Although it was tough, I did learn how to be a better employee and a great leader with having to step in to the position at such short notice. The thing I loved the most was the friends that I have gained working there. It was my seond home for the most part and those people made it worth my long while! – less
Fun place for young people to work
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAMay 3, 2014
I learned a lot about selling as well as improved upon my receptionist/front desk abilities. A typical day included getting ready for prospective clients, booking appointments, answering phones and taking messages, processing payments, checking guests in/out as well as selling memberships. The co-workers were great, honest and a lot of fun to work with. – more... Management was understanding and caring as well as assertive. The hardest part of the job would be difficult clients but the most enjoyable part was turning an upset customer into a happy member! – less
Wasnt a good place to work
Massage Therpist (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 2, 2014
Pros: massage and customers were great!
Cons: poor pay, no benefits or opportunity to advan ce
Poor pay, mediocre management and not any benefits or advancement opportunities.
Great Team!
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAApril 28, 2014
Great team of massage therapists, excellent managing staff.
Productive and learning environment
Licensed Massage Therapy (Former Employee), Draper, UTApril 27, 2014
I would walk and check in at the front desk. Stock up my room with enough sheets for the shift. Grab lotion, chat with co-workers about life. Get my my first client and lead them back to the room and discuss what their complaints were and what they would like out of a massage. Wait out the door for client to disrobe, preform therapeutic massage (pending – more... on client the conversations will be either light or a lot.) Upon completing massage, escort client out to the lobby. And rush back to the room to prep it for the next client.
Management was very kind, friendly, easy to work with. Though the owners were not so honest about pay day.
Co-workers were dynamic as they come, but respectful of everyone's personal lifestyle choices.
The hardest part was the down time and not having constant flow of clientele. I like staying busy at work.
I enjoyed being around people and helping people get true pain relief. – less
Massage Envy
Sales Associate/Inventory control (Current Employee), Chicago,ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no lunch break, clean the entire clinic
A great work environment. The pay is not so great. You have to clean the entire clinic on certain days.
Fast paced and fun
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 25, 2014
I worked 70 hours the 90 hours the clinic was open weekly.
I averaged 8-9 clients a day 7 days a week.

I learned a gratuitous amount in the 1 year and 4 days i was there, so much i could write a book. However the most important thing I learned was how to master my body mechanics, that is why i was able to work 7 days a week and not be burned out or – more... damage myself.

My co-workers were a very diverse group of individuals. We were a Team/a machine in which when we all work together and for each other, that machine could never be stopped.

The hardest part of the job would be the few times were there were miscommunications and I ended up working 5-6 clients straight with no break. It was not to bad though.

The most enjoyable part was being there for my clients. Everyday was a great day. – less
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 21, 2014
The work environment is great. The people are great as well. This is a nice place!
Okay Place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Escondido, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: managment
It is a good place to work if you don't want to learn and grow. the management is terrible. the compensation is low.
great
massage therapist (Former Employee), placentiaApril 16, 2014
Pros: team work
looks good I enjoyed every thing about too bad it was far. its a great environment and a safe place to work.
Sales person
Receptionist (Former Employee), Glendale CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free massages
Cons: bad manager
My job was to meet a certain percentage of sales at the end of each month. My goal as a sales person was to sell as many memberships as I could. I had to aim for 40% each month. At the same time, I was also doing receptionist tasks as well. I would answer the phone, use the fax machine, take messages, file documents, etc.
Fast paste enviorment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJApril 9, 2014
Pros: free massages
Cons: strict on hair color
People from all over will come to get a massage. When coming into your shift you start by clocking in and begin either by taking in customers or phone calls. If it a slow day you can start by filing clients files in the filing cabinet or cleaning the area. Each day you also call clients about their membership payments that where not paid called EFTS. – more... Furthermore, while you take in new customers you must always try to sell a membership. After a certain amount you made commission. You also got a free massage once a month to experience what your selling. – less

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Limited, LLC is a national franchise of massage clinics dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic – Read more

Massage Envy Photos