Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 2,442 reviews matching the search
Entry level position for massage therapists
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 1, 2017
My typical day at Massage Envy was to check in, and make sure the massage room I was using was supplied with what I needed. Most of the time while I was at work, I had a full book, which meant I had clients to massage. While I was there, I became Lead Therapist which meant handling the new hires, training them, doing their background check, helping with any outside promotions (chair massage). The workplace was like a family. Everyone helped out each other.
Pros
getting massages
Cons
working back to back on clients with no or little break
Very caring and hard working environment
Receptionist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide fast and efficient customer service to all the customers and future customers of the company.
energetic and flexible work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 1, 2017
i liked the job and employees. i will recommend massage envy as a good place to work.the hours are flexible the management was very accommodating. i loved the client interactions as well.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
too much drama
Massage Envy strives to keep you in your best shape!
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNMay 31, 2017
I have never had so much pride while working for any other company! Not only do I have full control over my schedule and how many massages I'm able to do a day, but I've never had such a supportive management team. Going to back to school and needing to change my schedule was such a breeze instead of a headache. A great company to work for and such a healing, positive atmosphere.
Pros
Good company, great business model, and something to be proud of
Cons
It's easy to wear yourself out, stay aware of what you can do
generally good
Front Desk Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2017
Working for massage envy was a generally good experience. Workplace drama was annoying, but it wasnt horrible. Owner is really great and friendly, but some massage therapist were annoying and thought they had superiority over me because i worked the front desk. Overall, pretty good place to work.
Awful
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMay 31, 2017
It's very cliquey, the girls you work with can be rude, snobby, and over step their boundaries. Management favors the people who sale the most. Management was good to work around my schedule. BUT DO NOT SAY YOU CAN WORK SUNDAYS. the only time i got a sunday off was if i requested it. i had no life outside of work. plan on late night shifts, and poor work conditions. you will have to stand your whole shift, and they don't give you anything to help support your body. Overall just don't work here.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
no chairs, cliquey, management favors employees
Not too much care for employees
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJMay 31, 2017
Very rushed work environment. Management was very much into massage envy but not you the employee. Manager had a fiery anger whenever I brought something up that needed to be discussed (Felt like I was in the principle's office). They do offer benefits which is a plus. They raised the membership rate as soon as I was hired so, many members dropped off. All the while telling me that I must be doing something wrong because I wasn't building my book. "I didn't raise the price of the membership". It was very much an Office Space (the movie) environment. I wasn't going to write anything but, apparently I'm required to on this site and now that I think back to working here I was very stressed out all the time.
Not the best place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 31, 2017
I worked at the Westlake store for about two days. I left because they gave me a hard time into learning what to say when cmon it had been only two days. They just throw you into the lions. I'm not good at remembering long speeches and it seems like all they want is for you to sell memeberships and nothing else. Plus it's bad pay. Go somewhere else.
Cons
Short breaks
terrible job;Privately owned and run
Sales Associate, Appointment Setter and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 31, 2017
Had the best sales percentage in the company since that location had opened and the next month when I came in under I was let go because I didn't sell enough memberships, this is totally a sales job
I had an excellent experience
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Massage envy was a great place to work at for me. The staff was always professional and great. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the great clients that went there.
Great Place to Work
Front Desk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, MOMay 30, 2017
Great work environment with flexible hours and eligibility for raises. Millennium is a little difficult to understand at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy.
Great place to start off your career
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJMay 30, 2017
Not a great long term job but definitely a great experience for recent grads. I worked there for 2 years and i gained a lot of experience and met a lot of amazing people. I never received a raise even though promised but i am grateful for my time there.
why can't people be honest?
Never been employed (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 30, 2017
I had an interview with the massage envy in Westlake I went in for the interview and was told the one in Avon was looking for an esthtician she gave me her card and told to call if I didn't hear anything the following week well I didn't it seems to me she didn't contact the Avon store am VERY disappointed I have all this experience and am still working at Target pretty sad am making more there then I would have here I was asking $10-$15/hr
Do not work here
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 29, 2017
I was there for a year and it was fine at first, but then it was bad. Lots of unethical things went on. Like the fact that if you were sick, they made you come in. Not to mention my coworker was ill with bronchitis, had a Dr's note, and still was told he took too much time off. Plus, we were told not to work on anyone who had surgery less than six weeks earlier, but if someone came in, we had to work on them.
Pros
Cons
Many
Fun and Productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLMay 29, 2017
A typical day includes coming in and answering phones, and making sure the therapists have everything they need in their rooms and booking appointments.
I was a good place to work for me it was just a job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2017
They need to just start over with massage envy as a whole . They never hired people who knew the job. Everyone in management had to learn to do the job. When it came to a pay raise it never went up but was always up for a cut. I only think massage envy is good for work experience not for a person to stay and make a true living working there
Pros
Discont on products
Cons
No healthcare, no vacation, different managers every year and no supplies to work with at times
First Timers
Sales/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 28, 2017
It's okay for your first job, or as your part time job. But as a full time job I honestly don't think it's worth it. Hopefully it gets better. But like I said it's a great first time job. To get some experience under the belt.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Trying to hit a dramatic goal!
I would NEVER work there again
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMay 26, 2017
Management was terrible. Pay was terrible. Managers weren't always reachable. They were often short staffed. People were quitting or being fired because no one liked the management. The entire operation was completely unorganized.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2017
Great place to start and grow as a massage therapist. Very flexible with your schedule. Its a great place to learn more of the massage industries. The only con I would say is the pay rate, to low for the work performance that we do.
Pros
great with clientel
Cons
pay not good
Relaxing Environment
Receptionist and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909May 26, 2017
I loved working at Massage Envy. It was very relaxing even on major holidays. I was a wellness consultant so my position was to push membership sales which was difficult at first. Management was not really consistent. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course free massages and the staff was considered family.
Pros
Free massages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7