Massage Envy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,818 reviews matching the search
Good for someone wanting to go in the sales world
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Massage envy spa Rowlett was a very fun place to work at. Especially if you love helping people and have very useful customer service skills. I loved working there because of those 2 things. All of management helped out and was very motivational. They pushed you to your limits. Which made me a very good sales associate.
Had flexible hours and very good teamwork skills.
Not worth it at all
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 17, 2016
I worked here for maybe a month then got fired for being under trained and when I addressed it to the manager she did nothing and then lied and said they didn't fire me they wanted to move me and I was never told that never signed any papers about that nothing all they do is lie to save their job and the people aren't worth working with or for
Cons
short breaks, bad attitudes
Do not work here!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 2, 2016
If you're looking for a place that will make you push memberships and not train you properly this is the company for you!!! The managers just sit around all day and nit pick everything you do. All of the sales associates at my location had quite at once because it was so bad. They didnt even train their new staff correctly. My general manager told us that they demoted the manager that trained us because she didnt know what she was doing. By then we were all trained the way she wanted us to be. I quite shortly after he told us he planned on having us go through training again. Worst place ever. Dont even think about working here!!!! Save yourself the headache.
Calling and sitting all day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 27, 2015
Management in past has been not steady
Software system is complex once learned very simple to understand
Management works with you if they like you otherwise it can be a challenge
Coworkers make it easier to work there and not get as frustrated
Hardest part is consistently getting yelled at when it may not be your fault
Enjoyable parts are getting free massage every month and interns, new massage therapist you get free massages too. I could sometimes get 2-3 free massages a week. During finals week made life a lot more bearable
Pros
snacks sometimes in break room, free massages
Cons
Management isn't consistent
a fun and relaxing place to work
front desk (Former Employee) –  carmel, inJuly 5, 2015
I enjoyed working here because it was fun yet i learned a lot. My favorite part was helping clients and new clients enjoy their day. The hardest part of the job was definitely selling memberships to clients. Most of the customers who walked in were already members to it was hard to keep ur goal for each month. I loved all my co workers we all helped eachother out as much as possible. The management team was not helpful in any way so it was a struggle at times to be positive when u dont have a good managenemt team on your side.
Pros
discounts on services
Cons
no raise and poor management
Depends on the owner
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 11, 2015
Your work experience with this company will depend on who owns the clinic. Worked at 2 different clinics with the same owner and employees were either quitting or getting fired every other month.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
doesn't pay enough
Treated Horribly
WELLNESS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2016
As excited as i was to work for such a big company, my excitement died down way too soon. I felt like i was being discriminated against by customers on a daily basis and they would constantly ask to speak to another associate. Management was rude and did not care about my well being, my opinion, or anything that I had to say in general. I was taken off the schedule by a "manager" and was not given an exact reason as to why. I would never recommend working for Massage Envy to ANYONE.
Pros
Pay
Cons
not a good place to work at.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMarch 8, 2016
working at massage envy the owner was late to the interview while I worked there the staff wasn't happy working there, no seats to sit down. management or front desk wasn't train right. always short staff and upper management always want you to work extra days not caring if you have a family at home or go to school.it was never fun working here.
Excellent team environment and owner!
Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 4, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and relaxing environment every day! Awesome management and staff!
It was especially fun meeting new clients and showing them the value of membership.
Depends on location
massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City RegionFebruary 9, 2016
Each store is independently owned and operated. My experience has been amazing, but many of my co-workers have had mixed experiences. Any job, you get what you give. Built in member base, always busy, make around 25 to 40 bucks a massage hour. Enjoy many perks including benefits, free massage, PTO, CEU's.
Pros
free massage, paid pto, paid ceu, paid insurance, paid expenses
Cons
some drama as in any service industry, you get out of it what you give
i did what i loved
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work was often slow, as the business had just started to introduce facials. Business eventually picked up as I pushed to advertise. While working for Massage Envy Spa I was able to learn a lot about Murad products and protocols, I was also able to learn about the do's and don'ts of skincare. All of my coworkers were very enjoyable to be around, I never dreaded going to work, because I did what I loved and I also loved who I worked with. The hardest part of the job, unfortunately, was the lack of skills and possibly experience with management, it was hard when we would run out of product or supplies that we needed on a daily basis, I would always try to stay ahead and notify managers when product and supplies were running low but orders wouldn't be sent out on time. With the good and the bad, I still enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
hour lunches, free product seminars
Cons
no healthcare, no benefits, poor management
awesome company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 4, 2016
Great company to work for!
* Great management
* Great team work
* Great culture
*hardest part of job- making everyone happy!
*easiest part of job- Trying to make everyone happy!
Not only a job but, an extended family as well!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 7, 2016
I love continuing to help others in all possible ways, through team work and; independent tasks being done for others if another colleague is booked.
I have learned so much about people and how everyone needs a different approach on bodywork and communication.
I enjoy my work environment, my team, our guests, our management, the work I do.
Unfortunately, my joints can no longer recover as quickly with the repetitive movements that come with Massage Therapy.
Pros
Great team, great people, great environment!
Cons
High rate of repetitive strain injury and overuse syndrome.
Very difficult to work for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work is dealing with customers answering phones non-stop. Required to be a pushy sales person, and answer to the minute requests of "the owner". They pay minimum and the bonuses are a sham. In order to qualify for the bonuses you must meet certain restrictive requirements otherwise the company keeps it all and asks you to do better next time (it's close to impossible to receive the bonus). No benefits are offered,if you don't meet sales requests every week they haggle you and cut your hours. They don't really promote and when they do, it is because management quits so they need to replace them and only offer a dollar more for all the exrtra work. Many of the owners don't have any business knowledge or backgrounds. Their CRM customer relationship management is out dated and is so difficult and redundant to learn, as it is an old program. It takes on average about 2 months for someone to learn the redundant programming. They don't give raises.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no job advancement, lack of proper management, no bonuses, pay, no benefits, work over load, high turn over.
not a bad gig in college or high school
Wellness Consultant & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2016
perfect job if you are in college or in high school. It is not hard to get a job here, they are always hiring. Also, they don't care if you call and check on your app. once you get the handle on the software it is easy. they give a lot of training so it isnt hard to learn. scheduling people, helping with accounts questions, answering phones, and selling memberships is all that you do. Depending on the location, it is pretty laid back. IF you want to move up, make it clear when you start. High turn over rate. A little unorgnized. it is not a bad gig in college. not on your feet.
Pros
easy, sittiing in compfy chairs, free massages or discounted
Cons
low pay, and unorganized
Fast pasted work place with an upbeat atitude
Client Services/ Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2015
The Massage Envy I work at is located in the heart of South Tampa. It is a very busy area with lots of great people. Everyday I get to talk to clients whether its over the phone to book an appointment or face to face to check the client in and out. Since Massage Envy is considered a clinic I also pull the medical files and ensure that everything is filled out properly. I enjoy working with everyone there from the front desk staff, to the therapist and then of course our manager. He leads our clinic in a positive direction and shows that he is always there for us and very open to talk to. While working at Massage Envy I have learned to become confident when it comes to selling our wellness program. They have definitely taught me how to be a sales person. The most enjoyable part about working at Massage Envys front desk is the fact hat I get to meet new people and have face to face interactions, just seems more personable.
Pros
Working face to face with guests, busy workplace, free massages monthly
Cons
no healthcare benefits or 401K opitions
Highland, in
Front desk/sales (Former Employee) –  Highland, INOctober 26, 2015
Worked there for almost a year, the management has NO idea what they are doing, favouritism, NO benefits, low pay, high pressure to sell memberships if you don't and are not a favorite they cut your hours, there is NO full time, its not a great place to work front desk. I do not recommend even going here for a massage.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low wages, favouritism, no benefits, no social life cause of how they schedule, bad management, catty drama
very busy spa good people to work with. Hours are very flexibale.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2015
Massage envy is a great spa to start off with as a massage therapist I learned to improve my skills there and grow as a professional.The management at my spa is good they are always on top of things and are very helpful. I get along with all my co workers, they always help me out and work as a team. It is pretty busy here so you will always have steady work. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the tasks other than massaging. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to massage and help clients with out having to do any marketing the front desk staff does all of that for you.
Pros
there is a steady clientelle
Cons
there are hardly any benifits or room for higher positions.
High turn over rate
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  South Puyallup/Fredrickson WAJuly 22, 2016
Over worked & under paid. No advancement opportunities. Expected to work off the clock. Forced to stay after hours off the clock, per company policy. Poor management with no prior management experience. Manager hires friends and family. Pay raises go to friends, not who works hard. Lots of caddy gossip. Compete disconnect between management and therapists. They over book therapists so they can't be fully booked. Not paid all commissions. Took away every perk. The list goes on.
Pros
Cons
Lack of management
High turnover employment
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 30, 2016
I personally was kept booked, but my fellow therapist were never sure how there day was going to look or what to expect. Since I started in November, we have gone through 3 waves of new management and a bunch of new front desk clerks. I enjoyed being able to build clientele and see the benefits my bodywork provides for them. The hardest part of the job was that the management is extremely under accommodating for the therapists and only cared about the clients. Very little support or sales tips are provided.

2.7