MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
IT Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 12, 2016
It has been over 15 years since I have worked at MassMutual but have been in touch with many of my co-workers since then. My former department was large, but people worked as a team and respected each other. We worked hard, but got a lot accomplished.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficult for women to progress
productive and great work enviroment
Distribution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 8, 2016
As a contract employee, I was easy for my to fix in to the company culture. The training was very informative and I was able to take away a lot on knowledge about the industry.
I was not trained properly.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
The company told me I would be trained. I was not. They just wanted me to bring potential clients to MassMutual. I have to "natural market".
An issue.
Good company to work for
New Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2016
I did freelance work for this company and I enjoyed myself. The management was professional and the compensation was excellent!
great internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 18, 2016
this was an internship for the spring semester and i will continue one day a week over the summer. once the fall returns i will be back for two days a week.
uppaid summer intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
I was an intern through their rotational program. The program allowed me to see different parts of the company.I intern in their technology department, recruiting, and compliance,.
Nice ping pong table
Producer, Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
Phone calls, emails, follow ups. People are great at procrastination and I have an effective way to overcome that. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the career is the people.
good work environment
Financial Services Professional (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 25, 2016
Sears provided a good work environment for me and my co-workers. Management was always respectful and easy to talk to. I enjoyed my position as a cashier at Longs.
A solid company to learn the insurance business
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 12, 2016
I worked 11+ years, starting in the Service Center and moving to Quality Assurance. it was at Mass Mutual that I learned the insurance business - from servicing active policies, through the claims process. An excellent place to learn the business.
Financial Risk Management Broker.
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
It was great working at the company and it increased my people's skill. My co-workers are team orientated and the management was there for everyone.
Pros
it increased my people's skills
Cons
prospecting on the street for clients
Typical Call Center Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2016
You sit on the phone all day that is micro managed down to the second, that is a typical call center environment. Very professional atmosphere with average managers. Nothing unusual about this position.
Pros
Good pay, and retirement benefits.
Cons
Call Center
Great strong company
Financial Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 24, 2016
Mass is a company fixed on growth...and they do. Great brand recognition, with a solid rep to back it up. Training is phenomenal...I don't think you'll regret being a part of the team.
Great Program
Financial Services Professional (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 12, 2016
MassMutual has an excellent training program and takes care of its employees. Training sessions provide important information in order to properly manage business.
nice people learn a lot
Financial Advisor - Intern (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2016
did an internship here mostly sales cold calling if your up for that good place no pressure. Relaxed. people are nice. you learn a lot
Don't work there!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 4, 2016
not a good place to work, gets worse with time, no work life balance, too much work and too few people. Management doesn't care about you.
good company
Project Manager / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2016
overall a good company to work for. great job work/life balance. opportunity to take training and opportunities for advancement
Great for entry level or recent college graduates
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 3, 2016
The position simply did not match my skill set. I am mid level career and the churn and burn mentality of these positions is similar to a glorified pyramid scheme. You are expected to take fully licensed senior financial advisors on joint appointments who poach your contacts for future sales fully knowing the attrition rate on new hires is through the roof. It is a scam. They will raid your book of contacts without compensating you for the windfall of commissions they receive in the future. Be careful!
Pros
After 10 years it is a lucrative career.
Cons
Your friends and family and network will be raided for assets.
Strong employer
Partner Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2016
A great place to work. Knowledgeable highly professional employees. A pillar of the society PwC recruits and hires the best in the accounting industry.
Great Company to work and nice people
CLIENT SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 3, 2016
typical day at work was checking documents that were mailed in making sure that they were in good order and making their request such as cutting a check for a requested amount on their Annuity Account or doing a transfer for their Roth IRA communicating with the client either by mail or phone. and giving them the best customer Service possible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
not enough staff and we had too do more with less workers
Great company
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
MassMutual was a great company to work. It has it's challenges as do all companies but the people were friendly and pleasant. If they weren't located in Springfield, MA, I would still be working for them.