MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews

Good place to start your career or for working women
Transition Manager, Retirement Services (Current Employee), Enfield, CTMay 22, 2015
MassMutual is a good place to start your career if you live in the Western Mass or Northern Connecticut area. Initially you have room for growth, but as time goes on the opportunities for advancement are limited. They have a very good benefits package, with exception of their health plan, which is a high deductible plan. The culture there has become much more like a stock company then a mutual company over the past few years. High workloads, insufficient staff in many parts of the organization and a new policy called MassMutual Way have impacted morale negatively. Easy commutes to either of their main offices, many education opportunities, strong commitment to diversity and lots of opportunities for working women.
ask me more
OSJ (Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction) Processor (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMay 21, 2015
I learned a great deal about personal responsibility and accountability. I enjoyed learning new things everyday and becoming faster and more efficient at what I did.
A good place to work for
Financial adviser, career agent, customer service (Current Employee), Puerto RicoMay 21, 2015
It's agreat company, but while I make my career here I need a sustental and good job. I always give the best of me! This job allow me to have some other job and I like to work!
Strong Fortune 100/500 company depending on annual results
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Employee benefits
Cons: Change is constant which is ok, never get to complete a change program, change model constantly changes
Great opportunity to learn
Outstanding employee benefits
Constant change to become leaner/reduce costs/improve processes
Decent place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 15, 2015
Good place to work, advancement and management was decent, co-workers were reliable and good source of knowledge, enjoyed the working atmosphere
Professional workplace with good support system
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great training, flexible hours
Cons: commission based salary
A typical day includes prospecting or name gathering for future clients, making calls to set up appointments, running appointments, networking, writing and delivering business.

The management team works hard as a support group to try to help you succeed. They provide trainings and assist you in your business whenever needed.

The hardest part about the job is that it is purely commissioned based salary so you never know what your check is going to look like.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people reach their financial goals and helping them take care of their protection needs.
Too many hidden charges
Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: downtown office easy to get to
Cons: too many hidden charges
The environment is sales rep against sales rep, no true team. Lots of hidden charges for everything you use including a $50 charge for coffee, whether or not your drink coffee is irrevelant.
Very Productive
IT Academy Internship (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Being able to move around to different locations
Cons: None
My typical day at work would consist of completing assigned projects or needed tasks. I learned how to use different programs and how to better myself in communicating with others at work. My co-workers were very polite and welcoming as well as the management above me , In particular there was no part of my job that was hard and the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show up to work and to be a part of the Mass Mutual Financial Group team for the IT Academy /IT Learning and Development Team.
Beware
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
very cut competitive environment. don't trust any one in the business co workers or management. Just do your job and go home
Great preparation environment
Financial Services Profesional (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 24, 2015
Cons: If you don't sell you don't get paid
It is a great place to learn about life insurance and disability insurance. You get a complete and weekly education once you get to be a career agent. You learn from the best financial advisors of the company and stay up to date with the insurance industry.
Love everything about The Richards Group! :)
Brand/Media Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere, Management, Team, Growth, Benefits
I loved everything about The Richards Group! From the progressive atmosphere to personable management and our tight knit Traffic team...everything was laid back but goal oriented, fun but serious about success! Had there not been lay-offs I'd still be there. Given the opportunity to return, I'd jump for it! Great place to work, excellent benefits. I'd recommend it.
Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 19, 2015
Good place to work. Enjoyed receiving a bonus every year I worked there. Would recommend it as a place to work. Has great amenities.
A Learning Experience
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 10, 2015
Cons: Pay scale
I was in a few different departments while there.

Very large company.

Good benefits - Employer funded pension and 401k

The company is based in Springfield, MA
very good
CPA of Mass Mutual (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2015
very good experience, managed client porfolios did roth iras and sep iras, helped the agent manage and set up presentations and market
Productive and an engaging place to work at.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaApril 7, 2015
I really enjoyed my internship at MassMutual. I learned valuable information and gained invaluable experience. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.
Good pay and benefits
Facilities Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Enfield, CTApril 7, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement
Cons: Short breaks
Good company to work for as long as your not afraid to earn your money. The retirement benefits and allotted vacation time is exceptional.
Fortune 100 Company
Learning & Performance Consultant - Master (Current Employee), Enfield, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good compensation package
Cons: Health care benefits
Fortune 100 Company - good company to work for - Retirement Services - accomplished financial strength with a mission to help our love ones retire in their own terms.
Great company to work for
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Excellent management team. Great financial products
Cons: Commission only
If you are looking for a flexible schedule and good commissions, this is a great place for you. There is no salary, but there is agent financing if you are new to the business. Excellent management team.
GREAT EXPERIENCE
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), SPRINGFIELD, MAMarch 24, 2015
VOLUNTEER WORK FOR HEALTH SERVICES, THE DUTIES REQUESTED DID NOT INTALE GETTING FAMILIAR WITH COMPANY IN A WHOLE. I LEARNED HOW TO OBTAIN VITAL SIGNS.
Not what is promised
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), HoustonMarch 16, 2015
Just as the title says. Not the job it was made out to be. Do your due diligence and check into them before accepting the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutual’s strategic investments – Read more

MassMutual Financial Group Salaries