MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews

Productive Fun Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 28, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Nice work environment
Internship (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2015
It is the perfect job for a college student. Just busy enough to avoid boredom on the job, and slow enough to allow you to do homework or read. and the team is very nice and friendly.
Drove over 200 miles on second interview, interviewers did not show up
Group one life and health agent, series 7 (Former Employee), TexasJune 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Poor management.
I traveled over 200 miles on second interview. The persons (two) that I was to meet with did not show up, nor could they be contracted by e-mail. If an employer treats someone like this before employment, how would you be treated after. I would stay away from this company at all costs.
MassMutual is an awesome company, just not for me.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: terrific benefits and incentive program
Cons: you can only sell MassMutual products
MassMutual is an outstanding firm. I was a captive agent able only to sell MassMutual products. If a client does not care for NIKE shoes, you need to able to offer REEBOKS. I had no such luxury,
Good company with good benefits
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good solid company with good benefits
MassMutual is a good company with good benefits. There is a lot of opportunity. There are many different levels of employment, the key is finding the right spot where you fit.
Best Employer in Springfield
USIG Operations (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay.
Cons: Too much work for the amount of staff. Many managers have old ways of thinking.
MassMutual is working hard to improve operations and customer service. It is a big change for a company that has done things the same way for decades. The focus on the customer is excellent and there are some great people working hard to change the culture. The old legacy systems are difficult to work with but more importantly, the old legacy thinking is holding back the progress.
The company is very solid financially and can afford to invest in both IT and in new front line managers to change the culture. Adding some front line associates with new ideas would make it easier to get the work done while working on improvements.
Drop off, sign here, go on your way.
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Pretty simple, like being a pizza delivery guy. Drop off the product and get a signature. Boring but easy, and you can make a decent amount of money for very little skill needed.
company is going through a lot of changes
Death Benefit Calculation Analyst (Current Employee), SpringfieldJune 12, 2015
a typical day is busy, full of meetings and problem solving. The new way of the company is challenging and difficult to see managements goals.. The best part of the job is helping customers
Solid company
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Great work facilities and a solid company
Cons: They are not quick to move contracted employees to full time Mass Mutal employees
I worked here as a contracted employee. I enjoyed working there and being part of a team. However it is very difficult to get hired as a full time employee there, at least in I.T. I appreciate the opportunity that I was given while I was there.
Challenging career
financial services professional (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: terrific training program
Cons: di
A typical day consisted of prospecting new potential clients that were in need of any sort of financial service. I learned the various sales techniques involved with life insurance, disability insurance, and all other financial products.
Good place to start your career or for working women
Transition Manager, Retirement Services (Current Employee), Enfield, CTMay 22, 2015
MassMutual is a good place to start your career if you live in the Western Mass or Northern Connecticut area. Initially you have room for growth, but as time goes on the opportunities for advancement are limited. They have a very good benefits package, with exception of their health plan, which is a high deductible plan. The culture there has become much more like a stock company then a mutual company over the past few years. High workloads, insufficient staff in many parts of the organization and a new policy called MassMutual Way have impacted morale negatively. Easy commutes to either of their main offices, many education opportunities, strong commitment to diversity and lots of opportunities for working women.
ask me more
OSJ (Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction) Processor (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAMay 21, 2015
I learned a great deal about personal responsibility and accountability. I enjoyed learning new things everyday and becoming faster and more efficient at what I did.
A good place to work for
Financial adviser, career agent, customer service (Current Employee), Puerto RicoMay 21, 2015
It's agreat company, but while I make my career here I need a sustental and good job. I always give the best of me! This job allow me to have some other job and I like to work!
Strong Fortune 100/500 company depending on annual results
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Employee benefits
Cons: Change is constant which is ok, never get to complete a change program, change model constantly changes
Great opportunity to learn
Outstanding employee benefits
Constant change to become leaner/reduce costs/improve processes
Decent place to work
Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 15, 2015
Good place to work, advancement and management was decent, co-workers were reliable and good source of knowledge, enjoyed the working atmosphere
Professional workplace with good support system
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great training, flexible hours
Cons: commission based salary
A typical day includes prospecting or name gathering for future clients, making calls to set up appointments, running appointments, networking, writing and delivering business.

The management team works hard as a support group to try to help you succeed. They provide trainings and assist you in your business whenever needed.

The hardest part about the job is that it is purely commissioned based salary so you never know what your check is going to look like.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people reach their financial goals and helping them take care of their protection needs.
Too many hidden charges
Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: downtown office easy to get to
Cons: too many hidden charges
The environment is sales rep against sales rep, no true team. Lots of hidden charges for everything you use including a $50 charge for coffee, whether or not your drink coffee is irrevelant.
Very Productive
IT Academy Internship (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Being able to move around to different locations
Cons: None
My typical day at work would consist of completing assigned projects or needed tasks. I learned how to use different programs and how to better myself in communicating with others at work. My co-workers were very polite and welcoming as well as the management above me , In particular there was no part of my job that was hard and the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show up to work and to be a part of the Mass Mutual Financial Group team for the IT Academy /IT Learning and Development Team.
Beware
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
very cut competitive environment. don't trust any one in the business co workers or management. Just do your job and go home
Great preparation environment
Financial Services Profesional (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 24, 2015
Cons: If you don't sell you don't get paid
It is a great place to learn about life insurance and disability insurance. You get a complete and weekly education once you get to be a career agent. You learn from the best financial advisors of the company and stay up to date with the insurance industry.