MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual Financial Group Employer Reviews

Great place to work with few exceptions
Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers. flextime work schedule.
Cons: no job security. some of the it work being done off-shore. healthcare benefits.
Typical day at work.
Learned.
Management.
Co-workers.
Hardest part of the job.
Most enjoyable part of the job.
Sales
Financial Services Professional (Current Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 13, 2014
All The day consists of is making phone calls to set up meetings, then going to said meetings to try and sell Life, Disability and fixed annuities. Day in Day out, all the same.
Great place to learn the basics of financial sales skills.
Financial Professional (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 9, 2014
Pros: great training programs.
Cons: commission without base pay.
Great place to learn if you position yourself to work near the higher level professionals with industry experience and designations that set them apart from the entry level employee.
Great Environment to work
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2014
Mass Mutual Financial Group has one of the best comprehensive sales and product training curriculum in the industry. Management, administrative and support staff are fantastic. I'm just at a stage and a crossroad of my career where I want to explore other options that may suit my abilities in the marketplace.
Not worth the time
Financial Services Rep (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: gym access
Cons: pure commission
Be prepared to not receive any kind of compensation for 3 months. They have strict underwriting guidelines, so expect to have any applications to take a long time to get approved.
If you have 100+ family and friends that you can sell insurance and retirement planning to this could be a great opportunity. Don't expect much help getting started, maybe – more... a phone script or two...
They promise to help procuring leads, you have to buy them for $11 each, bear in mind that the same leads are being sold to other companies, so act fast!
They promise $1000 reimbursement for licensing fees, etc., but you have to meet their performance levels first.
They seem to have a huge turnover in agents, the top 20% are making 80% of the money. The top agents go on appointments with rookies and take 40 - 50% of the commission, so look out for that. – less
Mass Mutual Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Great company. Very wise and good heart people. very professional and has a lot of room for growth.
Retirement Services Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cordova, TNSeptember 17, 2014
Typical day consists of High Call Volume of participants requesting withdrawals, loans and more withdrawals from their retirement account I would assume that most people want to save for retirement and not continuously remove money from the account. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with people calling all day every day expecting you to resolve – more... the reason for calling within that one phone call. – less
Great career opportunity for the right person
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 15, 2014
MassMutual, Inc is an excellent employer, offering unlimited potential. If you are positive and love the sales process, than I would encourage you to take a look at MassMutual.
Contract That I was hired for was not what I ended up doing for the majority of the time that I was there.
Lead Asset Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 9, 2014
Due to staffing issues, the focus of the job I was to do changed drastically. The original focus was to be the cleanup of the IT Asset inventory database and the definition of processes for IT Asset Management. The staffing issues required that the IT Procurement function be augmented due to the extreme backlog. The contract that I was hired for was – more... abruptly terminated and the functional unit I was assigned to was dismantled. – less
Financial advisor intern (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaSeptember 5, 2014
I was only an intern here so I don't have much insight.

If you don't have some solid contacts to start off with it can be difficult to succeed.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2014
Enjoyed helping others and speaking to clients. My day consists of making calls, filling out applications, writing and sending correspondence and updating spreadsheets.
Cool place to work
Project Lead (Current Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: sporting activities to relax
Cons: na
Its a cool work place.
Very systematic work schedule.
Good and helpful team.
Different area of Massmutual
life new business (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 30, 2014
Learned alot about life insurance and encourage everyone to get a policy.
Highly confidential and detailed legal support
Law Division, Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 25, 2014
Provided administrative support for various department/division heads: Assistant General Counsel, Real Estate Section Head, and four Real Estate and Securities Attorneys.
Getting Better
Consultant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: close proximity, company stability
Cons: health insurance...benefits are only ok
MassMutual has gotten a lot better in recent years. Unfortunately some management has not..
Not for everyone
registered rep (Former Employee), phoenix, azJuly 18, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: bad work/life balance
Get in early and take calls. At the end of the day be put on the spot to come in earlier the next day to take calls all day.
Excelent Place to work
District Manager (Former Employee), Bedford NHJuly 17, 2014
Excellent work enviroment professional and customer oriented.
Enjoyable experience where everyone wants to help you
Summer Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: na
Internship is a very productive one with three rotations throughout the summer. Each supervisor assists in ensuring that the intern understands the work that is assigned to him/her and always are willing to help when the process is not understood. Management is a nice part of the job as you do not feel bogged down in work that you do not want to partake – more... in and they are always open for changes.

In all, a very nice company to work for especially if a person is interested in the insurance agent career track. – less
STAY AWAY FROM THE SELLING PORTION!!!
Life Insurance Salesman (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJune 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: just stay away
The office I worked for has been shut down.
My hiring manager was horrible. Trying to be some psychologist, answering your questions with the same question. Was even threatened once.
Office romances were out of hand, and if you weren't in on it you were left to figure out everything on your own.

It was horrible!!! Personally, I asked for help from – more... MY manager and I was sent to another manager, who sent me to another manager, who sent me to the OWNER of the office, who sent me back to MY manager. – less
Good
Financial Professional (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: good balance between life and job
Cons: %100 on commission
You have the full control of your job and life, the compensation is good enough, the manager was so polite and skillful. The location is very good.

1 2 3 4 5

About MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutual’s strategic investments – Read more