MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2016
I learned alot working for this company. Aiming to obtain a Series 6 was very educational. I learned alot about the stock market and how life insurance policy may contain certain trades & options investments.
Amazing people but tough work/life balance
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 7, 2016
This is a dynamic and amazing job that challenges everyone in it. The people are wonderful, supportive and truly good human beings. The challenge is a long sales cycle and lots of hours needed to build your base of clientele.
Pros
the people
Cons
long sales cycle
My experience with MassMutual
Financial Services and Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRSeptember 5, 2016
Not the typical job and work environment. You are your "own boss" for many things. For example; you plan your own schedule and you choose how many hours your work. You need to pay for your own computer, parking, gas, milage, office space, etc. On the other hand the commission is great.
I am not a robot
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 31, 2016
I processed documents for New Business, Life Insurance for high end clients. The pace was always frantic and I felt as if I was a robot working under very stressful conditions until a predesignated about was completed. Didn't matter the hours it took.
Excellent at mentoring and aiding future financial advisors.
Career Sampling Program as a Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 31, 2016
Management clearly establishes steps to achieve success. Mentors are readily available and always able to provide assistance and guidance throughout the entire career sampling progam. On-board training and Contract A schooling were very valuable and helpful.
A great company with a lot of opportunity
Change Agent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 30, 2016
I think MassMutual is a great company to work for. There are lots of opportunities for growth and development if the individual wants to do so.
A lot of potential present
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
This position has a lot of potential for a hard worker. Flexible hours and great experience can be attained. Also a great chance to be trained and work with a mentor.
productive and fun time
ETL Tester (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 9, 2016
the culture of the company is great and everyone in the company are amazing. i got no complaint about the firm such a good one it is
Productive and fun work place
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2016
Very engaging company to work for. Very diverse group of employees. Good benefits and decent pay. A positive and professional company to work for.
Pros
Many incentives offered
Cons
out sourcing of jobs.
Just a normal job
Data Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2016
MassMutual is a very desirable job to work at, but be aware that despite Management stating that they're listening to you, they often times ignore what regular employees state. There's been times when management states to do something despite that being impossible to complete in the time frame allotted, which leads to sloppy, half-finished work that just gives everyone involved a harder time.

Co-workers are oftentimes enjoyable to work with and are more than willing to assist you regardless of if they're able to assist or not. They make the job much more bearable.

Benefits are very nice, but be aware that while you work at MassMutual, you are almost expected to work overtime at some point. This may be a plus for some, while a minus for others.

Despite this review being quite critical, the job is really not that bad at all and I found my time while there enjoyable. They certainly will cover all your needs at the campus by themselves.
Pros
Healthcare, retirement benefits, Bank on-site
Cons
Unreasonable Management, potential overtime
Not a great internship
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2016
Good place to intern. No structure to the internship. Would not recommend but did learn some things on my own.
Excellent company with terrific values
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 11, 2016
While the company and I share similar values the opportunities for advancement afforded to me did not align with my expectations.
Good company
IT Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 12, 2016
It has been over 15 years since I have worked at MassMutual but have been in touch with many of my co-workers since then. My former department was large, but people worked as a team and respected each other. We worked hard, but got a lot accomplished.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficult for women to progress
productive and great work enviroment
Distribution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 8, 2016
As a contract employee, I was easy for my to fix in to the company culture. The training was very informative and I was able to take away a lot on knowledge about the industry.
I was not trained properly.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
The company told me I would be trained. I was not. They just wanted me to bring potential clients to MassMutual. I have to "natural market".
An issue.
Good company to work for
New Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2016
I did freelance work for this company and I enjoyed myself. The management was professional and the compensation was excellent!
great internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 18, 2016
this was an internship for the spring semester and i will continue one day a week over the summer. once the fall returns i will be back for two days a week.
uppaid summer intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
I was an intern through their rotational program. The program allowed me to see different parts of the company.I intern in their technology department, recruiting, and compliance,.
Nice ping pong table
Producer, Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
Phone calls, emails, follow ups. People are great at procrastination and I have an effective way to overcome that. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the career is the people.
good work environment
Financial Services Professional (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 25, 2016
Sears provided a good work environment for me and my co-workers. Management was always respectful and easy to talk to. I enjoyed my position as a cashier at Longs.

MassMutual Financial Group Reviews by Location