MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual Financial Group Employer Reviews

GREAT EXPERIENCE
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), SPRINGFIELD, MAMarch 24, 2015
VOLUNTEER WORK FOR HEALTH SERVICES, THE DUTIES REQUESTED DID NOT INTALE GETTING FAMILIAR WITH COMPANY IN A WHOLE. I LEARNED HOW TO OBTAIN VITAL SIGNS.
Not what is promised
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), HoustonMarch 16, 2015
Just as the title says. Not the job it was made out to be. Do your due diligence and check into them before accepting the job.
Tough business without guaranteed pay
Financial Services Professional (Current Employee), Orange, CAMarch 10, 2015
Working for MassMutual is extremely tough. I have been in the sales industry my entire life, but selling Life Insurance and the other products offered by MassMutual is the most difficult sales position I've ever held. Most people do not wish to speak about these types of products as it brings an unwelcome fear to their lives.
A sales job
Registered Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: some commissions have decent renewals
Cons: you constantly have to generate new leads, no help from the company finding clients
This is a commission sales job that sounds like it would offer more. But it doesn't even offer decent benefits. The company has an agency system and each agency runs itself...sort of...meaning training is varied depending on who you get when you get them. Turn over is really high at the agencies. Most people come and go before you know their names, even office staff and management. I've been with the company 4 years and only know a few people as I'm leaving.
Home Office is like another planet. There's a phone number for it but it is totally detached from the agency. Occasionally someone is helpful there, but often people who answer the phone are in training and they don't know what they are doing. Amazing a company can make so much money and be run like this. But then, maybe it's how they take what they can from agents and then send them out the door.
Great Managment
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 3, 2015
The work is finally great and management is great and accomplishment, the typical day in the office is a rush but the employers is to fast in the great ambient.
Good place to start career in sales.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
I enjoy the work/life balance this job allows me to have. It's a good place to start your career in sales. You learn a lot and gain a lot of experience in sales depending on your coach/manager.
Great coworkers
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Enfield, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: mentorships and good training opportunities
Cons: limited growth
Good company to work for. Great co workers. Middle management not so great. Lot of groups to be involved in. Lot of training and mentoring opportunities.
QA Test Manager (Current Employee), MAFebruary 15, 2015
Productive, Good and great work culture
I have learned a lot
Good co-worker
Very well managed
Great environment, employee friendly
Good company to work for
DIRECTOR BENEFIT OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: opportunities for advancement
Cons: work life balance
MassMutual is the largest employer in Western Mass. They offer good benefits and many opportunities for advancement.
Right Job for the right person
Financial Services Professional (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: balance, ability to make good money
Cons: no training, little to no guidance
This job is best suited for a season veteran with a book of clients that they are bring over. Otherwise it is definitely an uphill battle, with little to no training, and very minor help provided to new associates. Overall the experience was moderate because if you want to succeed you definitely have to learn quick or drown. and I was fortunate enough to learn quickly and have a fast start. Unfortunately 95% of the people that started with me were not as lucky and were forced out of the bushiness rather quickly.
ok place to work. Very corporate america
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: your just an employee and not appreciated
Loved my coworkers, Management not so much. Managers made decision about you job but don't know the work and not will to back you up.
management was very helpful and friendly
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 15, 2015
management was very helpful and friendly, daily meetings helped create team atmosphere
Has the potential to be a good place to work.
Independent Broker (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 13, 2015
I started with Mass Mutual after being laid off from a job that I had for ten years. I wanted to try to be my own boss and start my own business. They did provide good training and the support staff was great. I wished they would provide a mentor for new agents who are in career transition.
Excellent place to work.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: excellent schedule
My office manager position was the perfect for me. I would recommend a career with MassMutual 100%
Demanding, highly professional and conservative workplace
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good vacation, bonuses, pension and medical benefits.
Cons: poor 401k investment opportunities, pensions eliminated for new 'ees.
There are many opportunities for variety of work and advancement. Dynamic systems environment and diverse staff keep it interesting. Quality is recognized, but many times comes second to speed. Management falls short in long-term planning of large projects. Much time and effort is wasted when projects are abandoned due to cost or management priority changes. Overall, had very positive experiences in many departments. Love variety!
Great place to work at.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: work/life balance
The job was extremely stressful and always late hours. It was awesome. My team was awesome and management was awesome. The hardest part of the job was finding balance for family life and the job itself. The best part was my boss, she was so great!
Fun place to worka dn great opportunty
Financial Advisor/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: open days
Cons: needed better productive staff
It allowed me to grow as a professional as well as a person. My days were long but I learned a lot through the General Agent and other staff. The training for a new adviser is very good and the leadership was good in most parts. They try and help you succeed if you were one of there favorites in the office. But it still was the good ol boy network so if they didn't see your growth fast they left you high and dry.
financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 1, 2015
life insurance agent
disability incime protection
financial advisor

owner of buddha beads
Not a good company
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2014
Phoenix office has lots of people who should not be in management
Poor execution
Registered Representative (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYDecember 23, 2014
Poorly trained staff, aggressive management. Abrasive corporate culture, no opportunity for advancement

1 2 3 4 5

About MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutual’s strategic investments – Read more

MassMutual Financial Group Salaries