MassMutual Financial Group

MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews in United States

A good learning experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2015
Work place was full of high energy management. All about the sales dollars, and income was straight commission. Felt a little misled, felt like they where telling me one thing but I was getting something else. Management lacked details and organizational skills.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Lacked job training details
Not a great internship
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2016
Good place to intern. No structure to the internship. Would not recommend but did learn some things on my own.
Insurance and Health Care
Consulting Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
I learned quite a bit for the short time I was with MassMutual. I had a great manager. He is incredibly smart and encouraging.

We have great weekly meetings and I still remember many of the tips I still feel I can use today as I interact with constituents.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Commission Only
working at massmutual, fortune 100
Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 20, 2015
that I have been working for MassMutual for over four years now. In this time, I have held two positions, which have provided skills that allowed me to positively contribute to the company. These positions have provided high-level support across multiple business areas and built positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels.
The type of employee that I have always strived to be is the one that can not only handle and execute work, but knows how to prioritize high value work activities. Also, a team player, that meets deadlines, delivers promises and as a result I have always maintained a solid relationship with my business partners.
Great workplace with bank, gym, dry cleaning, etc. on the facility
Office Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 14, 2015
Working here was the greatest learning experience. The workflow always had changes and upgrades to keep up with technology and the changes in the world. There is always opportunity for advancement and classes to expand your knowledge. For the many years I was employed there I was fortunate enough to meet many wonderful people and learn from them. The position I was in gave me joy because I was able to help the CSR on the phones and alleviate their workload.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
parking
Strong employer
Partner Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2016
A great place to work. Knowledgeable highly professional employees. A pillar of the society PwC recruits and hires the best in the accounting industry.
nice people learn a lot
Financial Advisor - Intern (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2016
did an internship here mostly sales cold calling if your up for that good place no pressure. Relaxed. people are nice. you learn a lot
non serious productive
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 2, 2015
enjoyed the freedom of doing whatever you would like to get ahead. no strict guidelines on what to do.
training process is slightly costly but fun and informative.
definitely a place for self motivated people
Pros
complete autonomy
Cons
no base pay
good company
Project Manager / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 3, 2016
overall a good company to work for. great job work/life balance. opportunity to take training and opportunities for advancement
MassMutual
CONTRACTING COORDINATOR/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 20, 2016
MassMutual has taught me so much, I am very blessed to have been able to work here.

I couldn't have asked for better managers or coworkers, I consider them family.
Don't work there!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 4, 2016
not a good place to work, gets worse with time, no work life balance, too much work and too few people. Management doesn't care about you.
not a family atmosphere
New Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
going into work wasn't fun, I've had jobs where I would like getting up and going to work not here...just didn't feel like part of the team.
Boundless Income Potential
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 30, 2015
The company is excellent. Training is second to none. Compensation is generous in the long-run. As in any position of 100% commission the role is difficult. BUT, with hard work, good business strategy and simply managing your time and effort you will succeed if you want to be an entrepreneur and can take lots of "no's". You can and will earn a 6 figure income if you continue to stick it out and learn how to work smarter not harder. The most challenging aspect is the mental games that your mind will play and realizing that you report to YOU, not your General Agent ultimately. Managers can be very helpful or detrimental. So understanding who you partner with will make a huge difference and give you a real leg up and head start in the industry. Good luck and happy selling!
Pros
Great Income potential, Freedom of time and Entreprenurial, Residual Income
Cons
Freedome of time can be detrimental for most, REALLY tough the first few years
North Texas Group
Director of Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Insurance group servicing the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Great training ground for new college grads that want a career in insurance.
Well rounded company with great benefits and a focus on doing the right thing for employees and the region
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 16, 2015
MassMutual is a great place to work. I have been fortunate to work for one of the best managers the company has had for the last 13+ years, but am relocating to another state, so will be leaving the company. The company provides excellent benefits and supports its employees inside and outside of work.
Large company with great people and benefits
Competitive Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 7, 2015
I enjoy working at MassMutual but may need to relocate for my husband's job. There are not many companies that place as much emphasis on employee well being as MassMutual does. They help their employees learn and give them the tools necessary to succeed.
Pros
Comfortable yet productive work environment
Cons
Not located in FL, where I need to relocate to
good place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 23, 2015
MassMutual is a very good company to work. I enjoyed working as a contractor over there for more than 2 years. I would like go back and work there again.
management needs to listen
I.T Communications Awareness&Corporate Engagement (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 20, 2015
There is a lot of he said she said here. Management doesn't' listen to their directs, they pass them off on others because they are to busy and then wonder why employees "don't get it". 12-15 hour works days.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of training
No career advancement
Sr. Client Coordinator/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2015
There really isn't any where to go in my position and MassMutual doesn't help with career advancement. Too top heavy with too much management.
Drove over 200 miles on second interview, interviewers did not show up
Group one life and health agent, series 7 (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 30, 2015
I traveled over 200 miles on second interview. The persons (two) that I was to meet with did not show up, nor could they be contracted by e-mail. If an employer treats someone like this before employment, how would you be treated after. I would stay away from this company at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Poor management.

MassMutual Financial Group Reviews by Location