MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
MassMutual was a great company to work. It has it's challenges as do all companies but the people were friendly and pleasant. If they weren't located in Springfield, MA, I would still be working for them.
not a family atmosphere
New Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
going into work wasn't fun, I've had jobs where I would like getting up and going to work not here...just didn't feel like part of the team.
North Texas Group
Director of Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Insurance group servicing the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Great training ground for new college grads that want a career in insurance.
MassMutual
CONTRACTING COORDINATOR/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 20, 2016
MassMutual has taught me so much, I am very blessed to have been able to work here.

I couldn't have asked for better managers or coworkers, I consider them family.
Insurance and Health Care
Consulting Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
I learned quite a bit for the short time I was with MassMutual. I had a great manager. He is incredibly smart and encouraging.

We have great weekly meetings and I still remember many of the tips I still feel I can use today as I interact with constituents.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Commission Only
A good learning experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2015
Work place was full of high energy management. All about the sales dollars, and income was straight commission. Felt a little misled, felt like they where telling me one thing but I was getting something else. Management lacked details and organizational skills.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Lacked job training details
non serious productive
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 2, 2015
enjoyed the freedom of doing whatever you would like to get ahead. no strict guidelines on what to do.
training process is slightly costly but fun and informative.
definitely a place for self motivated people
Pros
complete autonomy
Cons
no base pay
good place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 23, 2015
MassMutual is a very good company to work. I enjoyed working as a contractor over there for more than 2 years. I would like go back and work there again.
Very Large Corporation.
Call Center Specialist/Life Insurance Department (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 14, 2015
I worked in the Life Insurance Call Center Division, answering inbound calls from customers and agents. Management is all about the numbers. I enjoyed working with my (team) co-workers, and learning from each other. The hardest part of the job was initiating death claims.
Benefits
Cons
Management cares more about the numbers than the employees
Boundless Income Potential
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 30, 2015
The company is excellent. Training is second to none. Compensation is generous in the long-run. As in any position of 100% commission the role is difficult. BUT, with hard work, good business strategy and simply managing your time and effort you will succeed if you want to be an entrepreneur and can take lots of "no's". You can and will earn a 6 figure income if you continue to stick it out and learn how to work smarter not harder. The most challenging aspect is the mental games that your mind will play and realizing that you report to YOU, not your General Agent ultimately. Managers can be very helpful or detrimental. So understanding who you partner with will make a huge difference and give you a real leg up and head start in the industry. Good luck and happy selling!
Pros
Great Income potential, Freedom of time and Entreprenurial, Residual Income
Cons
Freedome of time can be detrimental for most, REALLY tough the first few years
No career advancement
Sr. Client Coordinator/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2015
There really isn't any where to go in my position and MassMutual doesn't help with career advancement. Too top heavy with too much management.
working at massmutual, fortune 100
Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 20, 2015
that I have been working for MassMutual for over four years now. In this time, I have held two positions, which have provided skills that allowed me to positively contribute to the company. These positions have provided high-level support across multiple business areas and built positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels.
The type of employee that I have always strived to be is the one that can not only handle and execute work, but knows how to prioritize high value work activities. Also, a team player, that meets deadlines, delivers promises and as a result I have always maintained a solid relationship with my business partners.
Great workplace with bank, gym, dry cleaning, etc. on the facility
Office Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 14, 2015
Working here was the greatest learning experience. The workflow always had changes and upgrades to keep up with technology and the changes in the world. There is always opportunity for advancement and classes to expand your knowledge. For the many years I was employed there I was fortunate enough to meet many wonderful people and learn from them. The position I was in gave me joy because I was able to help the CSR on the phones and alleviate their workload.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
parking
Annuity Financial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for JP Morgan Chase. It allowed me to grow in the mortgage and fraud fields. It was a great work environment, the company is honest and productive.
Income
Financial Consultant/Entreprenuer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2015
You can make a lot of income but since the salary is commission based it is very hard to have steady income. Management depends on the office you join. Not always great.
Well rounded company with great benefits and a focus on doing the right thing for employees and the region
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 16, 2015
MassMutual is a great place to work. I have been fortunate to work for one of the best managers the company has had for the last 13+ years, but am relocating to another state, so will be leaving the company. The company provides excellent benefits and supports its employees inside and outside of work.
Large company with great people and benefits
Competitive Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 7, 2015
I enjoy working at MassMutual but may need to relocate for my husband's job. There are not many companies that place as much emphasis on employee well being as MassMutual does. They help their employees learn and give them the tools necessary to succeed.
Pros
Comfortable yet productive work environment
Cons
Not located in FL, where I need to relocate to
Productive and fun place to work
Web Application Developer, Co-op (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The work is challenging, which makes working in the company all the more exciting.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2015
Outstanding organization giving the individual an opportunity for unlimited growth in their career pursuit. Management and staff gives their best efforts in sharing knowledge and providing a positive work environment.
Very Friendly enviroment
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 20, 2015
The environment is very friendly. Everyone says hi to one another no matter how high up they are. You can talk to managers about anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MassMutual Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.