MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

Phone Expert
iOs and Android Set Up Professional (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJune 23, 2017
I loved my job as a Phone Expert and Inventory Manager as apart of Sprint Direct 2 You. Unfortunately my entire department got laid off when with only 2 days notice because Sprint decided they didn't want to fund the program anymore. Mastec gave all of us some bogus $300 for laying us off and not even willing to give us new jobs within the company. Again I LOVED my job, just hated how both companies treated us when they decided to lay us off.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Great Work Environment, Free Work Car
Cons
Got laid off
prodactive and full independent work area
Satellite Dish Installer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76118June 22, 2017
I like the company's policy and the work attributes. It could be with a long days jobs, if want to make more money, you need to work fast. Indeed fast working brings the quality down, which I don't like some technicians do this. there are not enough field technician supervisors available to help you out when you need their assistance, good money is the most enjoyable part.
They gave the techs everything they needed to be successful
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 16, 2017
Between MasTec and AT&T the technicians were provided with everything they needed to be successful in the field.
Between the training, the truck and the tools everything was provided.
The pace of the installs was fast but very doable.
Pros
Everything a technician could need was provided
Cons
Days off were split up, so no two days off in a row.
Productive Learning Environment
Project Coordinator/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2017
I have had the opportunity to learn a lot from everyone I work with. They are pro-active about sending out bulletins and newsletters so you can keep up with the current goings on in the company. They advocate fitness, health and safety. I am proud to work for this company. They have a list of core values that they strive to adhere to every day. They are very veteran proud also, a plus for me!
Pros
Newsletters, Job opportunities, Company town Hall meetings
Cons
Geographically separated a lot of the time
Make A Simple Task Extremely Complicated
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 15, 2017
Where to begin......

I have worked at Mastec for over 4 years. I started in Jacksonville, Fl and ended in Longwood, Fl. I have had the pleasure of traveling to different states to help out. I spent 3 years in Jacksonville and 1 in Longwood. At first it was awesome. I worked alone, had a decent paying job. Supervisors were not bad at all, the other techs for the majority were awesome as well. Pay is based on your production. The more jobs you do the more money you make, your money is generally coming from Installs. That's if there is any, majority of the work now is Service calls, which you make $23 for. So if it takes you 1 hr or 3 hrs, you make the same amount. The rules have changed in the past year. Although your performance is based on metrics, which changes based on what numbers your office needs to hit. Rules change every month depending on what is going on in the office. What you can do one month, the next month your not able to do it. Supervisors don't care about the techs, some might but most don't. Your just a number to them, they are more concerned with your metrics then they are about your safety. Very very little room for advancement.

I put in for the rest of my PTO and then put in my 2 week notice that same day. I was promised by my supervisor that I would receive the the pay, but only if I turn the van in that following Monday (It was Friday). Meaning they didn't want me to work my last 2 weeks. I agreed to turn the van in like they asked, they then after me doing so, denied my PTO. And that's basically it.
Pros
Discounted DirecTv services.
Cons
Long hours, Little pay, horrible management
Long working hours.
Cable Instalation Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2017
No support in the field you are by your self.
The piece work pay is not fair most of the times
No life/work balance.
Very demanding in metrics.
Raleigh office management are friendly.
Friendly and close environment
Field Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 13, 2017
Work as a team type atmosphere. Hard workers beginning to end of each day. Everyone on same page that the customer comes first. Plenty of support from the management.
Pros
plenty of support for employees
Cons
short breaks, long hours sometimes work days a week
fun, productive , learning environment
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJune 12, 2017
While working with Mastec, I learn to better my craft with cable, internet and phone installs. They taught me more about the industry and provided the tools I needed to get the job done with great customer service.
Pros
everything
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work
Forman (Current Employee) –  114 Commercial Place Sebring, Florida 33876June 12, 2017
Really appreciate Mastec for hiring so many people , great place to work, great opportunity
Good people, great management, hard work great pay, and benefits. You
Pros
Good Pay
nice cust
Direct TV Technician (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 12, 2017
i really liked this job ...ranked #2 on my team ...however when i had concerns about working jobs far apart from each other ... in went down hill from there
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not knowing where your going ...jobs hours apart sometimes
security install
SECURITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte,NCJune 10, 2017
Perform Installation of Home Security Systems,Installation of cctv cameras,security door locks,thermostats, fire alarms,water senor,window and door sensors
decent company
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 7, 2017
Installing for DirecTV was at times stressful. You are paid by the job so there is an obvious incentive to complete your work as quickly as possible to make more money. I think a flat rate daily pay would encourage others to take the time to install jobs to the required standard instead of trying to get as many jobs done in a short period of time. The staff that I worked with was one of the best I've had.
Good Work Environment, BUT
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 7, 2017
I loved working by myself and getting to see different places and people every day. I also enjoyed working outdoors in a hands on environment. Sometimes you get to work out of town in different market areas to help them keep up with the pace.
Pros
Work by yourself at your own pace
Cons
sometimes the jobs aren't there, and you get paid by the job, not hourly
great executive leadership
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 6, 2017
Great company to work for. The demands are high on the technicians however there are also strict standards from the client. If you have the proper mindset and understand some days will be better than others you can be successful. The company takes pride in hiring from within and has core values that are more than just for show we truly live by them as we try to develop more than just a connection.
Pros
Relationships built
Cons
work life balance is at a minimum
Fast paced
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2017
Very stressful and required a lot of time to make decent pay. Work is very seasonal. Lots of downtime. most work, pay, and reviews are based on customer ratings.
Basic Pay
Satellite Technician Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJune 4, 2017
Technicians work long hour. Rule and regulations increase amount of time spent at every customer resident or business decreasing possible income gain for day.
Pros
Opportunity to simi opperate as own business, Vehicle with gas card provided, Health and dental benefits provided
Cons
Peace pay rate, Not much opportunity for advancement
Productive place to work sometimes fun
Team Lead Customer Care Agent/ Temporary Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 4, 2017
I enjoyed this job until management decided they could judge your character on what they saw as oppose to talking with the individual about issues dealing with the job. Absolutely no chance to advance they would use your skills and training however, no chance to move to a different department.
Canceled jobs without prior notice
Home Security Installation (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 2, 2017
I've worked for this company for under 2 years and each department I've worked for was shut down without prior notice which left my family behind in bills
ok
Direc Tv installations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 1, 2017
excellent place to work. Just a lot less money than Ron's tv, who they bought out, was paying. The same job but almost 1/2 the money? Come on now get real
Difficult
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
True you decide how much money you make here, but the time management and compensation for things out of your control are terrible. It makes it very difficult to make any money in this company.
Pros
Company Van
Cons
Horrible compensation and giant time wasters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Advanced Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7