MasTec Advanced Technologies

MasTec Advanced Technologies United States Employee Reviews

Good office staff
Former Employee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Gas cards, Travel and phone
Cons: Lack of good upper - supportative management
In management 12-18 hrs days
on call 7 days a week. No quality of life . Good people to work with on a co-worker level. Upper management above are just numbers driven and favoritism is the best way to advance. This company isnt very home base friendly. Quality of life definitely takes a back seat. At the RDO/SM /PSM level they are the ones we turn to , to get guidance, however if you arent in the circle then you will not be given any help.
I loved working for Mastec when igot hurt on the job they were more concerned about getting me off the books than trying to find a good fit in thecomp
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 8, 2015
Pros: desent wages fair benefits good training
Cons: long hours Mgt. more concerned about numbers than employees
at work 6:30 get supplies finish paper work leave office at 7:00 call customers that I had work orders for enter my hand and aknowledge route then do service calls and installs hardest part doing a service call in the middle of a high pitched roof learned a lot about satellite business managers would randomly chack on me forthemost part left me alone because I always did my job well
Satellite dish installation
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 7, 2015
Job was not that bad as far as meeting people but had incredibly long hours and not good pay. Medical and dental benefits were good.
Not my favorite place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Itasca, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Can learn new skills to take with you
Cons: Poor training, managment lacks professional leadership, vunerable work environment.
Poor leadership, managment is very reactive-lack of planning. Lack of training. No employee empowerment. work environment is hostile.
Home Security Installer, Don't expect to get paid what your worth!!!
Residential Security Tech (Former Employee), Dallas, TxApril 3, 2015
Pros: good co workers.
Cons: low pay for industry!!!!
The job itself is fairly simple if you have some voice & data experience or home security experience. They just don't know what they are doing in regards to management and figuring out how to actually get everybody on the same page. Management are clueless.They don't even know the how to manage the contract they have with AT&T for this job. It will soon be taken away from them and AT&T will take over and then comes the union, and then you are more screwed because the AT&T union is a joke and AT&T is a nightmare to work for.
OK
Associate RF Engineer (Former Employee), Columbia, MDApril 1, 2015
It's an Ok place to work but not a place to advance your career. The CEO does not care about you. Flexible schedule but a lot of travelling.
Wonderful company to work for.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Company, great team
Cons: They closed and moved office to Florida.
I learned a lot at this company. I learned more about inventory control, problem solving, and research, data entry. This was a great company and wonderful boss and co-workers.
Satelite Technician
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: providing service to customers
Cons: working in bad weather
Installed DirecTV service in business and residential environments. Installed dish, and wired premises with RG6 cabling. Trained and provided customers with all of the information needed. Wired phone line to set top boxes for caller ID, and ordering pay per view.
To busy for life
Tech (Current Employee), DIGITAL LIFEMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Business model fail
This job is great if you are single and have no life. You work over 65 hours a week. The pay is pretty good but if you are married and have kids they might forget who you are. Upper management don't care and just want the job done
Very Good
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 24, 2015
Very good company to work for. Good Benefits and a very good work environment. Large company with plenty of potential to grow
Get it done. No matter what.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Bethlehem, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Impossible to get fired if you're work is complete.
Cons: Low pay. Bad morale.
Pay is markedly lower than industry standard. This reflects on the morale of the workforce including management. There is very little care about what needs to be done, who, or how, it's going to get done. It just needs to be done.

Green Roads system in the vehicles makes you a rolling roadblock unable to maintain pace with traffic, and at the slightest bump you're getting calls from your supervisor, while driving.
Not good
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 16, 2015
The company was extremely disorganized, the employees regularly stole equipment from each other, and supervisors looked the other way when policy was violated.
hard work pays off
Technician (Former Employee), Longwood, FLMarch 14, 2015
your wages are 100% dependent on how much time and effort you put into it. Management is great and the hours are long. no two days are alike
Company was great until they decided to close.
Coordinator/Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Piedmont, SCMarch 11, 2015
I enjoyed the job, my co-workers and the environment until the company decided to close the call center down without much warning.
Not for everyone.
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, Tx.February 25, 2015
Pros: good in class training.
Cons: too many to list.
I had previously done satellite installing in my life and was completely taken back at how much it had changed. A typical day for me was to arrive at the warehouse to retrieve van, which I did not take home due to a 40 dollar a week charge if you do take it home. From there I would check my first job and figure out what equipment I would need. If I didn't have a piece of equipment then I would have to call other techs and see if they had it and make arrangements to pick that item up. Keep in mind that I was already at the warehouse which has an endless amount of equipment but will not give it to you when needed. So on to the customers house. Setting up the dish, running all new cables(per policy),installing receivers and then customer education. Technicians are graded on about ten different metrics. One is connecting receivers to internet or phone line. Well a lot of people don't have either and that is a hit on your stats. Customer also gets a survey after you leave and if for any reason any question is not a "10", then it's a fail and counts against you. Very high stress and unpleasant working life. You have to provide your own drills,shovels and other specialty tools that will make your life easier. They only provide some small cheap hand tools, the aim meter and cell phone. Oh you are also tracked and graded on your driving. Can't go too fast,take a hard turn or hit the brakes even moderately hard cause you will get a call or email. Oh and if your receivers age over 14 days and you don't return them immediately, you will get charged out of your check. Some receivers are – more... over 300 dollars...
I knew there was a reason I got out the business in the first place but it has really gone down hill. You will be out all hours of the night trying to finish jobs and no one will offer help and if you ask they will say no can do. Just prepare to have no life, high stress and sometimes dangerous installations. The pay is ridiculously low for this type of work. You have a million and one things to do before you can actually close out a job and move on to the next. Great physical and mental demand. Apply at your own risk. – less
Low Paying not worth it
Technician (Former Employee), Rock Tavern, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free directv
I worked for Mastec as a contracted Technician for Direct TV. We were paid piece work ( By the Job) which at times equated to below minimum wage. Poor communication with management Unsafe working conditions at times.Just an overall bad experience
Great training
DIRECTV Installer (Former Employee), Olyphant, PAFebruary 16, 2015
The company itself was a great company. The training was great and the trainer was cool. The only bad part of the company was some of the supervisors didn't know what they were talking about sometimes.
Worst job ever!!!
Accounts payable and payroll. (Former Employee), Miami FloridaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: hours were flexible.
Cons: poor management. no advancement. poor benefits.
I liked it at first because I started as a temp..after eight months I was made permanent.I was praised for a job well done if you didn't speak Spanish you were left out of the loop and most of the time ignored.Management had no idea what they were doing and when they started losing money they blamed everyone else for their poor management.I never understood the high turnover I figured I would work hard and have some sort of job security.One Friday, I was told my position was moved to another office. The office manager was a joke.on her cellphone all day long picking up men on a dating site and telling everyone about it. Glad I don't work there anymore!
My job at Mastec was a great learning experiene
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Port Allen, LAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: travel, free lunches, able to work from home
At Mastec I learned how to speak out in large crowds. I also learned how to start a project and work hard and do anything in my will power to finish the project early. Great learning experience and Mastec recognize my hidden talents that I didn't know I had.
Unstable environment
Security Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long work days, no full weekends off, enormous accountability
Work days are 12 to 14 hours.

On the road by 07:00 and end of day depended on your work load. A Two installation work load can be from 08:00am to 09:00pm depending on devices being installed. Other work days the end of the day ( 1 installation and some repairs) could be 05:00pm to 07:00pm. Off days was one day during the work week (M-F) and Sunday.

Management was average, but the priority of the workday was on job completion and not technician well-being. This is a new system that has issues. The hardest part is resolving complicated issues with little support while trying to comfort the customer on why you have been their house for 7 hours and still not completed.

1 2 3 4 5

About MasTec Advanced Technologies

MasTec Advanced Technologies is a service line of our parent company MasTec Inc. We are a home service provider of DIRECTV and – Read more

MasTec Advanced Technologies Photos