MasTec Advanced Technologies

MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

Lead Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Company vehicle, benefits
Cons: worked 7 days a week alot of the time, piecework
Big company,lots of good people.Mastec had good benefits and company vehicles.Chances for advancement were good,but work/life time was unbalanced.
Fun and exiting work evironment
Satellite Technican (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2015
Great place to work, with very supportive management. Every work day, the company would make sure we are safe and we have all the resources available. Fun working team with great attitude. A lot of exiting challenges.
Good job, if not sure what to do in life.
Satillite Technictian (Former Employee), Wilmington NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Freedom of office
Cons: Not enough jobs during off months equals not enough money
I started working there and thought it was a good career, but the company and coworkers treat new employees differently. Sometimes I would work 10 hour days, and other days I would work 3 hour days. Paid piece work NOT HOURLY
prodictive
Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 25, 2015
i worked by myself and in many circumstances there were two people needed. i loved meeting different people everyday. Management supported the techs.
a typical day at work
satellite technician (Current Employee), austin.txAugust 18, 2015
Pros: free directv
Cons: scorecard
Usually my day starts at 7 o'clock that's when I know where my route is going to start call the costumer let them know im enroute to there location and go from there.
Lack of truthfulness and integrity
General Foreman (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 13, 2015
Pros: New equipment, salary
Cons: Management being dishonest
They are not organized. The upper management is not honest with the employees. There is no care or concern for the employees.
Never met so many unhappy workers on both sides of the operation
Techican (Former Employee), Digtial LifeAugust 13, 2015
This company only cares about the fact that you work when asked, they want you for 12 hrs everyday when you get tired of the running, they do not like you and find a way to get rid of you fast. If you have a family and want to see them at night don't work here.
Good job for a single person who wants to make money.
Hard work, little pay
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free Directv, meeting interesting people
Cons: Bad management, low pay, little time off
Installing satelllite systems is a fun and fast paced job. If the pay was better I wouldn't have left. However, I worked as smart and as hard as possible and my paychecks were horrible. Everyone will tell you that it takes time, and that's true. But if you have bills to pay and a family to take care of, it's impossible to survive. This company pays by the job, not the hour. Mastec uses a metric system for advancement but the deck is stacked against the technicians and it is virtually impossible to meet the goals. People quit all the time and there is constantly a new hire class going on. Getting equipment is near to impossible at times and I spent a lot of time calling other techs to meet somewhere to trade equipment. Part of the year work is slow and you'll starve trying to make money. When summer comes along you'll be on a 6 day schedule and will be working 12-16 hours a day. You will have no family or personal life at all. Management is terrible. The supervisors are competant with the technical aspect of the job but are terrible managers of people. You can choose to take your van home but they will deduct $40 per week for that privilege. Tool and equipment deductions will also eat into your pay. I was able to to stay for 8 months and the biggest paycheck I got for a two week period was clearing $703.00. That equates to just below minimum wage. The smart thing to do is to take the job, learn what you're doing and then find a better one in a similar field. You have to enjoy changing situations and unpredictible jobs to thrive in satellite tv. Also, Mastec starts every tech – more... out as an Orange level tech. There is orange, green and blue. If you're lucky enough to get promoted to green or blue then you'll make more money per job. But it takes a lot of time to get promoted and most people can't afford to stay that long. Mastec has figured out how to make money off this deal because they know most orange techs will have to quit but DTV pays Mastec at Blue level rates. Mastec pockets a lot of money due to the fact most techs never get beyond Orange level. It should be against the law to operate this way but I guess they have it figured out. Keep this in mind- Mastec and DTV are huge corporations worth billions of dollars in assets. Satellite techs make anywhere from 20-60K. Each company can blame the other for the reason you don't make any money. You won't get rich doing this job so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. – less
Dispatched directly from home. do not have to go to office every day
Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Travel and meeting people
Cons: Not paid for travel time
Check for assignment. Call customer to provide estimated time of arrival. Discuss plan for installation with customer. Complete install and educate customer on use of security system. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer education. It is really a joy to see the excitement in customers eyes when they see how the system works. I work independently in the field, so I do not see or talk to co-workers very often.
Flexible working schedule but lacks monetary and advancement opportunities.
Power Distribution Engineer (Current Employee), Daytona FLAugust 8, 2015
Pros: You make your own schedule
Cons: very little vacation time and you are paid by production and hourly
Stress free work environment, you make your own schedule as long as you have 40 hours on your time sheet. However pay is low for engineering, and advancement for management is rare.
Productive Workplace and lots of growth
Customer Service Rep/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 7, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, drive far as distance wasn't to bad nor far
Cons: Insurance wasn't to far after all the fees that had to be paid
MasTec was a fun workplace that I enjoyed getting up going to everyday. It wasn't only the work that so enjoyed doing but also the people that I worked with as well. I must admit to do miss working for the company. They were more about the people they employed as well as the customers serving.
N/A
CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee), DFWAugust 5, 2015
This is a very good company to work for and it is a challenging work environment. Must be able to multi task and handle stress.
Worked long hours for little pay
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Worked piece rate that could either take 15 minutes to 4 hours and still make the same amount. no raises no incentives. The employees were good but nothing else.. had to beg for equipment.
Electrical Work
Labor (Current Employee), Austin TxAugust 2, 2015
Sign AHA, Check our trenches box, where we are going to lay Electrical Line make sure we doesnt destroy any other line such as sewer lines or water line
Employees have more knowledge than management
Aerial Construction Engineer / Lineman (Former Employee), Saint Francis, WIAugust 2, 2015
Managers have no clue how to operate this business. The only thing that was good about this job was the ability to work in the field at your own pace. Benefits were average, but management made it difficult environment to work in due to their lack of knowledge in infrastructure and business management.
productive work place
OBIEE Developer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2015
hard working man, easy listen to advise from anyone working with me ,easy to communicate with my co-workers it be management or other staff members,having my job done on time is the enjoyable part of the job
Fast paced work environment
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: I'm not micormanaged.
Cons: Lack of communication from upper management.
A typical day at work is digging into construction site schedules and reporting to managers on the construction start and complete dates. This in turn allows me to set up scheduling to close out construction permits with townships.

I provide most reports to my Project Manager, and he forwards the information that I've tracked to our client.

The hardest part of my job is seeing several co-workers not pulling their weight, Whether it be for the fact that they are playing computer games, following social media sites on their cell phones, or taking several extended lunches throughout the week.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is that with the hands off approach of upper management, it has afforded me to learn things that I may not have had an opportunity to learn before.
Project/Construction Manager
Construction/Project Manager-Construction Services (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Willingness to let you lead
Cons: Being away from family
Mastec is the leader in Construction Services. It employs very good civil and turf employees who are dedicated to doing a good job on anything they touch. I have learned a great deal within the Mastec team on how to become a better Project/Construction Manager. The hardest part of the job is the windshield time, but that is the norm in this industry. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that you are contributing to the success of the company and its employees.
Great place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 22, 2015
MasTec Advanced Technologies is a great place to work. No day is the same. The company is growing and involved in innovative service opportunities. This is an awesome place to grow. The company promotes from within and offers relocation opportunities with offices through the United States.
good place
tech (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: company van
Cons: management
I actually liked MasTec a lot. I would probably still be there if it wasn't for one supervisor in particular at the florence sc office. I got along with everyone but him, he never liked me for some reason and when my supervisor moved i was forced to work under him and he tried to throw me under the bus for something i didnt do and ended up getting me fired.
Headquarters