MasTec Advanced Technologies

MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

productive work place
OBIEE Developer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2015
hard working man, easy listen to advise from anyone working with me ,easy to communicate with my co-workers it be management or other staff members,having my job done on time is the enjoyable part of the job
Fast paced work environment
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: I'm not micormanaged.
Cons: Lack of communication from upper management.
A typical day at work is digging into construction site schedules and reporting to managers on the construction start and complete dates. This in turn allows me to set up scheduling to close out construction permits with townships.

I provide most reports to my Project Manager, and he forwards the information that I've tracked to our client.

The hardest part of my job is seeing several co-workers not pulling their weight, Whether it be for the fact that they are playing computer games, following social media sites on their cell phones, or taking several extended lunches throughout the week.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is that with the hands off approach of upper management, it has afforded me to learn things that I may not have had an opportunity to learn before.
Project/Construction Manager
Construction/Project Manager-Construction Services (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Willingness to let you lead
Cons: Being away from family
Mastec is the leader in Construction Services. It employs very good civil and turf employees who are dedicated to doing a good job on anything they touch. I have learned a great deal within the Mastec team on how to become a better Project/Construction Manager. The hardest part of the job is the windshield time, but that is the norm in this industry. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that you are contributing to the success of the company and its employees.
Great place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 22, 2015
MasTec Advanced Technologies is a great place to work. No day is the same. The company is growing and involved in innovative service opportunities. This is an awesome place to grow. The company promotes from within and offers relocation opportunities with offices through the United States.
good place
tech (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: company van
Cons: management
I actually liked MasTec a lot. I would probably still be there if it wasn't for one supervisor in particular at the florence sc office. I got along with everyone but him, he never liked me for some reason and when my supervisor moved i was forced to work under him and he tried to throw me under the bus for something i didnt do and ended up getting me fired.
Go-getting work environment with appreciated challenges.
Laborer (Current Employee), Saint James, MNJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at work was constantly going from one place to the next making sure every bit of work got done. I've learned quite a bit about certain machines' maintenance and the tools required. Management was usually efficient, though some times a bit too lenient. Co-workers were usually well-spirited with an appetite for their daily dose of punishment (common work). Hardest part of the job was working up the gut to work in the more dangerous nooks of the underground electrical systems. Most enjoyable was burger night at the bar every Thursday after work.
Very horrible place to work
Field tech (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free direct tv
Cons: Everything
Its a very horrible place to work, supervisors don't care about you or your family, it's hard to get equipment for your job for the day from the warehouse supervisor. His attitude stink and he don't respect you. The site manager is full of his self everything that's coming out his mouth is all lies. Tampa site is the worst site point blank
Unstable
Project Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 14, 2015
Company was not willing to acquire additional clients which ultimately resulted in major layoffs in many divisions. Co-Workers are great to work with.
Fragmented Company
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Travel, meeting customers
Cons: MANAGEMENT, HR, no appreciation, almost criminal pay, excessive hours
I personally worked in the Fort Lauderdale office installing satellites for DirecTV. This office is horrible. Unprofessional management who result to scare tactics and profanity on a daily basis. The site manager doesn't even know the equipment needed to complete one install let alone a whole week. The field tech supervisors rely on the techs to do everything for them including quality checks, vehicle inspections, inventory management, and more. Even HR won't help if you need it. You will be on an island working for this company. There will never be a point where you will feel like your job is safe. I did a lot of out of market installs for them so I was able to see how other offices worked and some ran beautifully while others were pretty bad too, but there was no office in the 7 and a half years I worked at that was as bad as the Fort Lauderdale office. You're scored on metrics that you cannot control and charged back for customer callbacks on a daily basis. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because there are some offices that run good, but there is more bad than good with this company. STAY AWAY!
Advanced Technology IT
Home Security Installation Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
I learned a lot from MasTec its a good company to work for you will learn a lot for as troubleshooting technique and learn excellent customer service skills.
I am very proud to work for such a diverse and resilient company
Security Manager (Current Employee), Dallas TexasJune 29, 2015
Mastec is a fantastic company that gives it's employees many opportunities to promote or take on additional responsibility.

The senior leadership team is composed of very intelligent and forward thinking individuals.
Amazing People!
Direct tv Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Full benifits, blue cross blue shield. Payed by completion.
Cons: possiblility of no to short lunches, late nights, Summer may work 6 days a week, Payed by completion.
I still with I did not move on from here, but I need to make use of my skills. The job is tough, it had rewritten my definition within the first month. If you can't handle being in an attic running lines at 10pm at night on a few nights out of a month. Then look else where. This job craves dedicated and hard working individuals who feel a need to push them selves physically and mentally. The other Technicians as well as management will reinforce you and do what ever they can to help you. The most Enjoyable part of this job would have been working with the customers. I posses decent communication skills and always offered a good laugh while communicating possible solutions to customers issues. "From what I can tell we may need to move your dish to a more open area of your roof. At the very least you won't have any trees blocking your signal", the job is filled with a couple of laughs and a couple of times you will encounter things you wish you had not. All in all I loved working there and would gladly do it again.
Co-workers-10, Management- -1
Staellite tech (Former Employee), dallasJune 24, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Benefits
Cons: too much employee turn over, management doesn't seem to care.
I enjoyed the work not really that difficult. enjoy working outdoors and meeting new and interesting people every day. Co-workers were great we all helped each other out team work was exceptional. Directv is a good quality product. However management at MasTec seemed more focused on numbers than they were on their employees. instead of helping the techs that seem to struggle they just either pushed them into quitting or found a reason to release them. to me it would be more beneficial to give more training in the area they are struggling in to help those techs...especially after investing all the time & resources to train them than to just cut them loose. But then again they are known for their revolving door..way too much turnover.
Not as good as it seems
Satellite Installer (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free tv service
Cons: workload, management
When you first get started it takes awhile to get the hang of it, constant revolving body cuz people always quit. The head of the company dont care about the employee they just wanna push numbers
It's your worst choice
Satellite technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: everything else
For the most part, it's true that this is the lowest paying job if you're smart enough to add up your hours of work. The job isn't hard, but it's not easy and it's not for everyone. I'm not going to go into to full details of the job because most of the bad reviews are so true about this job. But if I can truly help someone make a good decision about accepting this job. Only do it if you know you just want the experience, and to use this experience to get something better. THIS IS NOT A LONG-TERM CAREER.
Fun and enjoyable job, with occasional cookouts.
Technician (Current Employee), Longwood, FLJune 15, 2015
If you take the work van home, you wake up get to your first job by 8AM. Work till all work is done for the day. Management is great to work for, and the co-workers, the hardest part about the job would be the weather. But if the weather is no big deal then you will be fine. And the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a different environment everyday.
Horrible
Tech (Current Employee), PaJune 15, 2015
Pros: Tv
Cons: Everything
This company is based on lies & deception. You will be promised the world to get you, however they won't follow through. You will be asked to work 6 days a week, 12 + hours a day, and heaven forbid if you call off once. One would think working those hours money would be great. Nope, hands down the worst paying job I've held to date. Please! Save yourself the time & stress and continue to look elsewhere.
If you take the job, remember I told you so.
Decent
Installation and Service Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2015
Not the best place to work if you want a life. Long hours but not great on a paycheck. Felt more like a number than an employee.
Challenging but rewarding contractor position with great managment
Administrative Manager/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2015
Pros: working from home, almost complete autonomy, no micro-managing
Cons: there were no cons
Primary responsibility was tracking capital finances which consumed most of the day. In this position I learned and used daily advanced excel functions. The management and co- workers were all engineers and were great folks to work with. The hardest part of the job was meeting what sometimes seemed to be impossible deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed and trusted to work from home which gave me the ability to make the most of my time.
Good Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 9, 2015
I was privileged to work with this company for nearly 3 years and was promoted several times.

I had some wonderful managers in the department I was in and miss them to this day.

I left this company when I moved to my home state, but was able to transfer to a company that Mastec had recently merged with.
Headquarters