MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

to good to be true
Alarm Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 18, 2017
i was told that business was booming in San Francisco and that i should leave my current job and move on over so i did and it was all good i the beginning but jobs slowly trending down and we all ultimately laid off do not recruit people if you do not have a way to keep your promises
Pros
you can pay extra medical
Cons
poor management
ok but need a different pay scale
Installer of Direct TV (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 13, 2017
i was one of the top problem solvers and never got the proper pay for the time i spent fixing the issues other installers could not. then when asking for help you will not get the help you need
Great potential for great money.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 13, 2017
It's a great job with a great potential to make great money. They give you great benefits too. But you must dedicate your entire day and life to them.
Pros
Great potential for great pay and great benefits.
Cons
You must dedicate your day and your life to the job.
Good mone.y can be made
Field Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 13, 2017
The potential for income is very good. The more work you close the more money you make. Provide you with transportation and gas card with a phone...
Cons
Work too many hours
great managment
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I worked here for 3 years and the management is great, loved the job and its benefits but traveling for two weeks every month got old especially if you have a family. I spent over half the year away from home but the management did do its best to help when i needed time off. great pay plus many perks like per diem, free hotel points . Hardest part of the job was when you had to travel out of town to austin or dallas and spend two weeks away from home working six days straight and over 10 hours a day.
Pros
wages, management, perks
Cons
travel, work/family balance
Fast paced
Satellite installer/ Technician, Technician (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 9, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Do your route, if someone falls behind on there's, you take that also. If you fall behind on yours, it seems no one is there to help ypu with yours. Money just depends on how fast you can work and how well you really understand the directv system. Customers tend to slow you down along with dispatch taking 30 mins to gove you another job thats 45 mins away, but get mad when you call in to get a job.
Pros
Money if you worm efficiently
Cons
Work life balance, being hassled by metrics constantly.
Good Company to work with
Human resource management Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2017
It was great company to work but I got laid off. If AT&T was not losing lots of money, we would never getting lay off of our Jobs and it was great place to work. I have learned lots of Technological things, Overall everything was good with working at Mastec.
To make decent money you have to work out of town
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2017
The managing staff made it difficult to enjoy the job. You get paid by the kind of installation, not by hour as a tech. to make decent money I had to work out of town about 9 months out of the year. lastly when traveling in the vans they have sensors so if the highway is 8omph you still can only go 65mph.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
long hours, slim to no benefits, they want quantity not quality
Istalation tec
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2017
Sell and deliver / install cable TV service to customers. Educate customer on the function of their package. Service and trouble shoot soft ware issues.
Not a good place for career advancement.
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 3, 2017
Long hours and strenuous work that does not match your pay. You work outside in all types of weather.
We are given numerous duties that we do not get paid for on top of installing systems and service calls. We are graded on a metric system for things like selling protection plans that is totally up to the customer to purchase but it goes against our numbers as a tech if we do not maintain a certain percentage of getting customers to sign up for one of three protection plans we offer. Hardest part of my job is not knowing when I get off day to day because we get paid by the job not by the hour. I enjoy meeting different people and being able to drive around, it gives me a sense of freedom and independence. Management is unprofessional most of the time and only focuses on number of jobs closed daily. Work place culture is close as many jobs as quick as you can.
Starting Company
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, GASeptember 3, 2017
Mastec is good company for starter Technician for you to learn your trade and experience diversity.

Technicians are paid by production, only get paid by what you install.

The pay scale is based on a Piece Rate Scale for the hours you work plus the equipment you install.
Directv Mastec Installer Duluth Ga
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 31, 2017
You get 5 weeks training. Depending on who's your trainer.. you'll make it or end up leaving. After working 2 years my checks every 2 weeks are 1800 a check after taxes. Takes about 6 months to a year before you can maintain about a 1200 check after taxes.

Basically you have to learn the system and then learn how to play the game. People complain about service calls but I close about 7-10 a day and make about 300-400 a day. It's very stressful at first then you pickup on what you need to know. Even with all the knowledge I have I learn everyday. At this job you have to be willing to just make money and be hungry. Think family first.

I love my job and I won't leave till something comes around that's better.

Benefits are good.
Pros
Pay, time off, build a family bond
Cons
Pay, long hours, work weekends
Hard job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLAugust 30, 2017
Every week they change the installation process with the same amount of pay. We are piecework is not good at all. now we do the service calls and the sub contractor do the new installs and upgrades.
Pros
I know the job
Cons
never know at what time I be at home
summary
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  DulithAugust 30, 2017
Mastec is a great company for especially someone in the ElectricaL Engineering field to get a "hands on experience" using microcontrollers and receiver's along with knowledge of radio frequencies as well.
Good environment .Coffee on the office
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33178August 28, 2017
Good team work.The managements its good. Its an organize company .Its a peace work job unstable salary. Stressful . High workload and to much pressure some times to comply with the company metrics.
Do not work here if you have a family
Field Tech I (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2017
My review for MasTec is followed
On the road constantly, per diem wasn't enough to cover a hotel most of the time. Management was very poor. Wasn't givin all the necessary equipment to complete my job on a daily basis.
For such a large company, they only more money.
Supervisors always put more work on you than the crew could handle.
There have countless times where we have driving DOT trucks after working 18 hours. And that my friend is a no no.....
No room for advancement or growth in the company
This job is for a single person who doesn't have a family or care about having a life.
Couldn't plan anything during the week because you are always gone.
I will say this .. they were very good about giving me time away for family issues.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work
Productive and great work atmosphere
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 23, 2017
Good work environment, ever changing work places, networking, and can work at you own pace. Management backs its employees 100 percent, gives you the tools you need to succeed, provides a mentor for training and beyond.
Pros
Customer interatction, work at you own pace
Cons
long hours, may spend long hours looking for additional equipment
an ok place to wot\rk
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 22, 2017
Mastec is a great place to work if you are wanting a job. But I would not recommend it if you are looking to advance. In some fields advancement is not an option because people just do not leave.
Long hours but can make money if you hustle
Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 22, 2017
Long hours, no work/life balance, good pay but long hours and you are paid piece rate not an hourly rate . Summers are extended hours sometimes not getting home until 9pm after arriving at 6-7 am
Pros
money isn't bad
Cons
no work/life balance
Horrible Place, do not recommend
Administrator (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 22, 2017
The company does not care about the work you put into it and is very shady about firing people. Bad compensation & huge turnover rate. The people I interacted with were good for the most part. Higher management are horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Advanced Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7