MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

Good Money If Your Willing To Sacrifice Everything.
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 27, 2017
MastecAT in Summerville, SC was an experience. The money is good if your willing to sacrifice every aspect of your life whether it be family, social and etc to putting the company first. The hours are long but again the pay is worth it if your willing to go get it. Management is a joke. The most commonly used phrase by management "Make it work" or "Get it done" no matter the situation or problem. If you are young, single, no social life and without children this is a great job to get lost in. If you have a family or social life you may want to look elsewhere.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Management, Sacrifices, Culture
Horribel
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 26, 2017
Underpaid
Bad management
Long days
Travel
Never know where you'll be tomorrow
No support
Good
Bad
Great Job
Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Good job, friendly people, hours not exactly desireable sometimes, but worth the job if you love what youre doing. hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were not nice or hot headed.
Cons
travel
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 22, 2017
Mas Tec is a good company to work for in Jacksonville, NC. They are based out of New Bern, NC Their training class and equipment is state of the art and up to date.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
old vans
Good Overall
Warehouse Manager / Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2017
Great company with great diversity. Middle and upper management is under a great deal of pressure to perform in a market that has never been able to perform well due to the demographics and the geographical area. I have seen the best of the best fail and the long term employees go by the waste side in a cut throat industry.
Pros
good schedule, promotes from within.
Cons
Pending corporate buyout lingers with little or no communication.
Ok so far.
Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I been there almost 6 months and I only do repairs, they will not give me installations to do. If i do an installation i get timed and only 1 a week if i'm lucky.
Pros
i have insurance for my family
Cons
not enough work for me.
Productive Workplace
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2017
I really like this company. Im just looking for a change of scenery. I would highly recommend this company to any employee that is seeking employment.
Pros
independence
Cons
PROJECT MANAGER/LEVEL IV INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 22, 2017
Management does not care about their employees. Management only cares about making money at their employees expense.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Work environment is erratic
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2017
Great company...management is very good. MasTec could provide more advancements for employees and compensate better.
Meh
Project Controls Lead Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I only worked here for a very short time and in that time i was very disappointed with almost every aspect of this company. The pay and benefits are good but almost every other aspect of the company is poorly managed. Its a fairly young company and it shows.

Want to know more about MasTec Advanced Technologies?

Ask a question
the managements disaster
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
you need to work with out managements and they will ask you to do a lot of things for free
they don't care about you , you need to work 14 hr each day
it was the worst experience in my life
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Pay and processes adequate, Corporate bureaucracy lacking
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Work environment was typical of telecommunications construction, pay was good, co workers were solid, but purchase of work materials and company gas cards were slow to trickle down. Tools were not provided in a timely manner, most of the tools I had to purchase myself, and had to wait to get refunded by the company at least 3-4 weeks. I enjoyed the perks of a larger corporate structure where hard work was rewarded and they looked after job security for everyone who wanted to stay with company. Unfortunately management at the higher levels were unable to make changes so that we could retain the main contract, and work fell through because of it.
Pros
Job Security, Healthcare, Company Truck/phone
Cons
10-12 hour work days, worked weekends, stressful job requirements at times
Mastec
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2017
This is a company for digital alarm system the work is based on residential areas only the people was great but has bad management they hired to many technician for the amount of work they had and laid off 30% of there technician.although the technicians there always made a healthy environment to work with
Benefits
Cons
Manegment no paid hollidays and allot less vacation time
productive and good place to work
foreman (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COJanuary 5, 2017
good company good work ethic year round work paid travel good company to grow in good opportunity to move up and not stay at a labor for ever best place ive work for
Pros
good place to work
Cons
non if you like working
Apprentice
Apprentice utility worker (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Working and learning how to install underground electric lines and ducts. Digging for lines and setting up street lights.
Pros
very good learning experience.
Cons
no job security
very productive work place
Sr. Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2017
very much balance between work and personal life, dedicated team and good manages. very good place for a developer to enhance his skills.
Bate & switch
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 3, 2017
They hire you with a promise of a high rate and after they down play your hours and your wages. Once your working they tell you you gonna make $16.75 the hour then demote your pay after training and tell you the minimum you make is $14.75 the hour then tell you now you earn piece rate! It sucks to go to work not knowing what your pay check is gonna look like for 2 weeks! Several guys would come home with a bi-weekly check of $800 that's like working minimum wage at a temp agency! Also they never give you work in your area! You must be at a customers house 8 am sharp mind you your commute could take you up to 2 hours depending on your home address and you don't get paid for drive time to customers home!
Pros
TAKE HOME VEHICLE, THEY GIVE YOU TOOLS!
Cons
NO STAND BY TIME PAY NO LUNCH NOT ENOUGH WORK MUST WORK WEEKENDS!
Awesome job
Satellite TV Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 31, 2016
This job is great for people who are technicians and want something new to learn every day. The co-worker's there are like a close knit family and the customer's are awesome to get to know.
Geat Management
Certfied Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 28, 2016
The management team are great to work for. They really try to look out for you.
Hours were not enough to live on. Had to look for something to supplement income.
Advanced technology environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 24, 2016
This was a fun job that requires the ability to clearly think things through and have a great work ethic. I learned multiple things such as how to better communicate with customers, how to fully think through a problem, and it helped me overcome fears and build my character. Even though a majority of my work was completed on site by just myself, while at the shop other technicians would help me out by giving me advice and telling me stories of their different experiences. The hardest part of the job was overcoming my fear of heights, It didnt take long before it became the normal and It was something I did with no problems. Overall it was a fun job that helped make me a better person.
Pros
Work on your own time, meet new people, help those people, provide a great service to people.
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Advanced Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9