MasTec Network Solutions

MasTec Network Solutions Employee Reviews

Good
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
I enjoy working for mastec. They communicate to the employees very well. I'm never lost when working for them. Everyone is very friendly and they're great with teamwork.
Great company to be in.
Lead MW Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 27, 2017
If it wasn't for a very bad PM who wanted me to do something illegal involving an active raptor nest, I would have never left this company. Hindsight has taught me that MasTec was a very good company to be in. I regret the day I left.
Good if you get good management
Tower Technician-top hand (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2017
the work is ok and the people you work with are usually good to work with, the company never gave me a raise after promising to several times and never followed through but instead assured me they were "working" on it. the expectations are high and pay is so so. need for internal promotion or incentive programs would be a great add and help turnover not be so bad.
Pros
company truck, work with you on schedule if needed.
Cons
no pay raises or incentives.
Great company
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 14, 2017
Benefits included. Pay is good. Expect long days but plenty of time off in between. Management is great. Very helpful. A lot of different work sites so youre able to see and experience different areas.
Great People, poorly managed
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Columiba,MDFebruary 13, 2017
For a multi-billion dollar company MasTec is run very "Mom and Pop", the organization top to bottom is mismanaged. Checks were paid on time, but friendships and blurred lines lead to misteps and failures to meet schedules.
There good
Tower Tech. 1 (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 20, 2017
There good the only problem with them that i noticed was the lake of training at the beginning. The work is good, the employs are good, and the management is very kind.
Employees and Management family culture
Site Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 19, 2017
All in the Bellevue office are close and compassionate. They do company events occasionally to get all together such as bowling or potlucks.
Finance Analyst
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 4, 2017
This is a great place to start a career. Do not expect the compensation to be very good but the opportunities to grow are. Work/Life balance is very good, you will not be staying late at work so thats a plus.
Pros
work/Life balance, opportunities to grow
Cons
Compensation
Meh
Project Coordinator, AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2016
Let me say that I'm reviewing Mastec, NOT Westower Communications, which was bought out by Mastec in November of 2014. Mastec called me on a scheduled day off to tell me my job had been eliminated, and they'd done that to a lot of other people, after telling people that they HAD to use their Westower vacation time before any Mastec time could be loaded to their employee profile. Mastec is RUTHLESS.
Pros
The money is better than average
Cons
Ruthless
Great Learning Experience
TOWER FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 28, 2016
Wonderful work experience with great leaders and possibilities for growth in the field. critiques are as follows: stronger leadership and communication skills within domain of on site supervisors. Also, more support from HR department on as needed basis.
Pros
Travel, compensation, skill training
Cons
Unstable time periods away from loved ones.

Want to know more about MasTec Network Solutions?

Ask a question
Busy Industry
Scoping Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2016
The work environment is good with good people. The work load is very demanding in the cellular industry. I like to stay busy and this job keeps you that way.
productive work place
love to work and learn new things (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2016
Goood opportunity to learn Security Alarm installation Mastec is not a bad company to work for. A lot of drive time and travel involved. Management was ok in the beginning, coworkers had a great attitude them most enjoyable part of the job was the system when It worked properly
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
slow season
Well company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 18, 2016
The company is willing to work with the employee
I enjoyed working for the company nice team and everyone was like family
Great organization.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 29, 2016
Mastec is a great company to work for. They are a large telecom organization that has companies all over the United States.

A typical day is working in Oracle, learning all the in and outs of accounting for Accounts Receivables.

My co-workers are always willing to assist me with pending deadlines.

The hardest part of my job is making sure my sales team sends me their invoicing in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable is making the deadline and knowing we reached our goal for month end.
Great Place to work
Director of Construction Services (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 21, 2016
Great Place to work, lots of great people who know their jobs well. Work environment is professional, Compensation and benefits are very good with yearly review, and merit increase, If you have opportunity, and ability, MasTec is great place to have career.
Pros
Compensation/ Benefits
Cons
Company always changing and converting business divisions
Motivated organization, solid construction back ground in LA market
Scoping Engineer, AT&T Turf (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 5, 2016
Motivated company with large market share of Turf in Southern California. Inconsistent management, high turnover recently. Mastec purchased Westower for construction reputation and Turf market share.
Pros
Reputable construction in LA market
Cons
Management turnover recently
Great Company, poor upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 1, 2016
They are great at promoting within, but they will see past any flaws in upper-management if they are producing money. harassment, unpaid overtime, hostile work environment.
Productive, educational, highly demanded supply, and consistent
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAAugust 9, 2016
Mastec is a highly demanded yet productive service.
I enjoy working for such a consistent company with such a heightened growth potential. They also promote from within which is extremely loyal. I am extremely proud to be apart of any growing establishment and I'm looking forward to helping them do just that.
Pros
Educational
busy
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 6, 2016
multiple job duties, not enough time to keep up daily tasks when being asked to do special projects and meetings along with training. should give more time to doe training and special projects.
Pros
training.communication
Cons
training communication
Great work eviroment, best co workers to have
Operations Manager I (GLA) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 15, 2016
I had nothing but great times during my time in the New Orleans branch of Mastec Network Solutions. Most people Comp[lain about upper management & this is defiantly not the case, some of the best co-workers & bosses I have had the pleasure to work with in my 14 years of being in the telecom/broadband industry.

Hands down the difficulty of this career is the same with any job that consumes ALOT of time in the day, working in the elements, etc. This is not for everyone!
Pros
good benefits, nice company trucks, caring bosses
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Network Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9