MasTec Network Solutions Employee Reviews

Great Job
HTC Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2017
Great job!
Plenty of work. Plenty of hrs but no life outside of work. Paid weekly. Great benefits. You work 50 hours a week. Management needs improvement.
Benefits
Cons
Great place to work because of managment
DOT/Fleet/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 7, 2017
Management was great but due to the nature of their business, relying on a contract the security of the job was not there. the industry is too volatile to plan a life depending on this job as income. the benefits were lacking as well as the salary increases.
Pros
great management
Cons
monitary security
fast paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
Excellent start up project that involved a relocation of the whole facility from north Illinois to the city of Lombard. After re-location was completed, the whole job encompassed site builds in Pa,, WV, and Ohio.
Pros
excellent support
Cons
large geographic coverage area
Productive fast paced competitive work enviorment
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 6, 2017
Great people , not hard work, great enviorment. Good hours, good wages. Great conmpensation, and a lot of traveling, paid drive time, just an all around great place to work.
Pros
Drive time, a lot of traveling, unlimited hours
Cons
Not much family time, super rushed
Not a good place to work
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 5, 2017
This place is not at all a good place to work. It is the most competitive place I have ever been; every department has their cliques and they all think they’re better than you. Management sucks.
Pros
Employee lounge
Cons
Poor management, poor environment
Really enjoyed my job
Project Coordinator - Materials (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 2, 2017
I really enjoyed the work I did at MasTec Network Solutions. Unfortunately recent contractual issues fores downsizing, which left several without work.
Stressful and tense
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 20, 2017
You never know if this day is your last day as they give no warning about lay offs. Mastec has done many reorganizations in the office structuring and each time they lay off some people and put that work load on the remaining employees. The expectations of your daily work can change and does change, my position started out more remote and site based with going to the office as needed for meeting and then with no warning or reason I was made to be at the office 5 days a week and had to ask to leave for site visits and such. Pretty silly and wasteful. Glad I am not there any more.
Pros
Company truck and gas card
Cons
Work load needs
Good place to grow professional skill.
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 14, 2017
I enjoy working for MasTec Network Solution, where I have learned and grown my professional skills. We work hard for company success and enjoy company benefit.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
45+ miles away from home
Definitely not the job of your dreams...
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
I accepted a position at Mastec based on the salary and perceived direction of management. Slowly, I realized that the entire culture is reactive and blame focused. You will spend the majority of your time defending your actions and progress. However, there is minimal training for process that are plagued with failures. It is the kind of company that consistently overloads the employees, but then lashes out over errors. Do not sell yourself out for 60k or so. The money is not great, but the demands are great on the employee. They expect you to work at least 50 -55 hours per week. Meanwhile, your life will pass you by. Your days off are useless, as you will come back to work with a large amount email accusations.
Pros
The good people that you find...
Cons
Salary, General tone of the environment, Balance.
Stay busy with work
Sr. Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 10, 2017
I learned another side of telecommunications business work for MasTec.
Budget cuts required many members to work from home.
Most of the team was spread out across several states
Pros
Great poeple to work with. Have a really good boss
Cons
Telecommuniations business is always slowing downsizing.
Productive and great work environment
Project Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 10, 2017
During a typical work week, i start the day by going through all the task i have to do on various projects. I will also check to make sure the previous days work was completed. We have weekly team meetings about our duties and making sure everyone is getting their projects done. I keep my tracker updated with all updates and completed work from vendors and also send out daily updates on the projects my team is working on. The management in my office are great! They are very involved, helpful, and understanding.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Not much room for growth
Helpdesk/desktop support
Helpdesk Analyst/Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
Typical Work day has helpdesk calls
- Desktop support for printers, office 365,
- sometimes SCCM issues
- VPN issues.

Culture at work place was multiculture and everyone respected eachother.
Pros
Enjoyable, and just like a big family
Cons
IT support team was remote
Poor management
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 6, 2017
Management will cut you at a moments notice. They DO NOT CARE about your life at ALL. After a long period of time being there you get sent off with a 2 week severance pay regardless if you've been there 3 months or 15 years.
Pros
Cons
Extremely un organized a sinking ship
run you into the ground and take advantage
Video Quality Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2017
11 hour days 6 days a week. there was 2 parts to the job, your 11 hour work shift was for one part and the second part of the job is only to be done after work and on your days off on your own time. this company bends the rules and pushes moral boundaries of what an employer should and should not do. threatening to dock salaried pay for not working hard enough, focusing of the flaws of anyone who speaks up to the point they quit or get fired. they
Pros
cool employees
Cons
bad management, expected to work on your days off.
Long hours, bad training, and low pay
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
They will put you on site at multiple customer homes in order to avoid fines from DirecTV for missing the appointment time window. They will send you to do 80-90 hours worth of work and then whine that you are working over 60 hours. They will lie and tell you that you will make ridiculous amounts of money and for all the time you are putting in it ends up being around $11/hr. They will waste your time and pay you by job completed. Piece rate is garbage.
Pros
Company vehicle and gas card.
Cons
Literally everything else.
MasTec Network Solutions
Employee (Current Employee) –  EmployeeOctober 28, 2017
If you are seeking excessive amounts of stress, one-hundred-hour work weeks, zero self-expression, zero creativity, zero empowerment from upper-management, my way or the highway type leadership and all for below market pay—this is the job for you! On a positive note, my payroll check has not bounced. It is in my bank account on time, all the time.

Cliff-hanger: They may as well not have a bonus program due to them being so small, but they do encourage you to buy their stock.
Pros
Checks clear
Cons
No days off if you are salary. They say we do, but the work load is so large you have to work seven days a week and on holidays to meet your goals.
Good company to work for, but you may be limited for advancement
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 16, 2017
Mastec is a good company to work for but not if you are an administrator or in administration. You are limited in advancement. There is plenty of work life balance in HR, Invoicing, time keeping, and the typical office personal. If you are in the field as a electrician or telecommunications officer you may not be getting the same work life balance depending on the job.
Great culture, horrible management and system
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2017
Work culture was tight knit. Bad management, no incentives, the workflow system is broken and a lot of empty promises. There is no recognition for a job well done and you are only recognized when things go wrong.
Pros
Great culture, job security
Cons
Long hours, low raises, horrible work system, bad management, etc.
ok place to work
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2017
Mastec is an ok place to work, however in my role, there is no advancement. i also with that they would offer tuition reimbursement for the employees that are seeking to further their education.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Solid company in the telecom industry
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 24, 2017
Good place to work. Strong support from middle and upper management. HR was very supportive also. Challenging projects to work on. Plenty of problem solving to do and lots of collaboration available with co-workers.
Pros
Team building
Cons
One project manager was a tyrant, but HR worked hard to reign this in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Network Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9