MasTec Network Solutions

MasTec Network Solutions United States Employee Reviews

Mastec
Project Accountant (Former Employee), Concord,caApril 1, 2015
Nice company to work for in a great city. Good environment great people. Would work here again if the opportunity came up.
Great People
project coordinator (Former Employee), Itasca, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees
Cons: Stability of workload
The people working here are excellent. It felt like a family. Work comes in spurts. Short busy periods followed by long slow periods.
Good local company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Local, excellent people and management
Cons: None
It was a wonderful work environment with superb management which dealt with employees with lot of respect and understanding, It listened to the needs and concerns of employees. I would rejoin in heart beat if the company redo it's business.
Myopic Approach to Business
Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Pay is at or above market rate and ablity to occassionaly work remotely
Cons: Poor leadership, poor infrastructure and the lack of a desire to change broken processes
Mastec lacks the ability to enact necessary changes in their business structure due to poor leadership. There are inherent problems that are not addressed such as lack of diversification of the client base, management lacking the ability to motivate staff and frequent layoffs that are attributed to the projected yearly earnings being based on the projections of the sole client for the particular office. Essentially as the client goes then also goes Mastec, The company does not plan for the future and is always in reactionary mode which makes it difficult to plan your career development.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 25, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at Mastec. If your are a motivated, proactive, hard working person with an desire to succeed, you could do so at Mastec.
Intense, High Pressure Environment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: profit sharing, no shortage of work (assuming that is your thing)
Cons: work life balance and inter-departmental cohesion
If you want a challenging, high pressure work environment, this is the place to be. I enjoyed 5 years at Mastec. I was able to work with some great people, and had an outstanding team of internal and external team members who I consider it a priviledge to have worked with them.
No appreciation for hard work
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Central FloridaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
Fellow employees were good to work with, however we could never do enough fast enough while dealing with ever changing requirements, sometimes without our knowing of the changes until after the fact. Hours were long and unappreciated. I have a lot of respect for the very top management of the parent company, but middle management was driven by company politics instead of company production,
Great management personel
Tower Foreman (Current Employee), PA, DE, NJ, MD, and VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: travel 6 weeks at a time
I really enjoy trouble shooting the communications equipment and being able to repair issues found on the cell sites. I have had a great experience with my co-workers and feel that there are great opportunities in this company for hard working people.
You never know what your going to be doing next.
Level III Tower Technician (Microwave Crew Lead) (Current Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 15, 2015
Typical day at work is much the same as any construction type job. It is challenging at times, physically demanding, and very rewarding.
I learned many things during my time at this company. Especially how to deal with less than ideal and adverse situations. It has also taught me a lot about interacting and communicating with people the right way. Especially in this particular line of work because there is such a diverse pool of workers that come from all backgrounds and all walks of life. The hardest part of this job to me is the travel because I have a family at home while I am, in most cases, off working a considerable distance away. The best part of the job was that as long as you do what you are supposed to be doing you didn't have someone standing over your shoulder watching your every move. That is changing no though.
Management issues
Tower tech II (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: work in general and coworkers
Cons: management, travel, pay
Overall work was great coworkers were good at what they did. Management issues, not able to run business consistently always excuses for issues with inventory, communication, work availability not very reliable at times. Pay was not great as other businesses in the same field. Alot of travel in the past, no work at the moment.
Good people doing amazing work.
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good support staff
Cons: market insecurity
Over the last few years, Mastec had to rapidly adapt to successfully meet the enormous and ever changing demands of the wireless industry, but it is the entire team's dedication to excellence that makes them an industry leader.

The hardest part? I'd have to say it was keeping up with the changes in technology and equipment which effects every aspect of the project (leasing, structural, zoning, permitting, plan production, materials, etc...). Many changes affect projects near completion as well as all projects going forward which essentially doubles the workload.
Good Environment
Cell Tower Technician (Former Employee), Jessup, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, bbqs, great hours
Just a great place to work. The people, the hours and the management where all one.
Great Benefits Package, but the time away from home can be extensive
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Midwest, from MN, KY, IN, OH, IL, WIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits i.e. healthcare, 401k, and stock option
Cons: extensive amounts of time away from home, and the communication between the upper managers is hard sometimes
A normal day would consist of knowing where the construction crews are located at and what the plans were for the day, and knowing if they have any issues out in the field, and then relaying this information back to my Project Manager
It's a laid back job
Tower Technician (Current Employee), Jefferson, LANovember 11, 2014
It's normally 2 or 3 people in the site. The first day we mount all the equipment. The second we run everything ad powerup. The third day we finsh-up with loose ends and take pictures and close it out.

Management was alright they looked out for the most part,but occasionally they would send you places without everything you needed.

Co-workers they did a lot of teaching when I first started.

Lifting about 20 100lb batteries
Productive exciting training center
ACQUISITION PROGRAM MANAGER/LOGISTICS (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCOctober 8, 2014
The greatest co-workers, and a Team atmosphere
A state of the art Training Center
Meeting the day to day task were challenging and gave me a sense of acomplishment at the end of the day.
All work, no reward
Construction Manager (CM) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: they give you a truck, gas, and a laptop
Cons: no bonuses, no job security, no respect
You will work harder than you ever have in your life, for less-than-average pay, and zero bonuses. Management uses a negative reinforcement approach, and most at the very top, at least at MNS, are unworthy of their positions as they are clearly hired based on personal relations rather than management backrounds and ability to do their jobs.
Wonderful workflow with co-worker that i can call my brothers and sisters.
Journeyman Radio Technician Engineer (Current Employee), Chino, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: new locations and foods
Cons: being layed-off
typical day prep for week rollout of new scope.
learned to be prepared for the worst but focus on the best of things
management was superb they made sure routes were mapped if changes came up they gave crew ample time to adjust.
co-workers are like my brothers have fun n job and protect each other. when your out in the middle of nowhere 150-900ft on towers or 1790-8500ft elevation in the mountain peaks all we have is each others safety.
nothing hard about the job
most enjoyable part is being apart of a team, completing scope tasks per DoD specs, AT&T, Sprint, and Aviat Specs
Corporate Environment
Tower Tech II (Former Employee), Chino, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: compensation, brotherly environment
Cons: management. no lunches. favoritism
Your just a number. Nothing and nobody is admired. No communication with management. Too much micro managing.
A Day in The Life,
Cellular Tower Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2014
I start my day at about 6:00 a.m., going forward I get a early morning store run for snacks and breakfast. I make it to the job site roughly around 7:30 and we have our safety meeting and check all equipment, next we get a game plan as to what we are going to accomplish for the day. Now it's time to start up that tower and once you reach your work station use the tools given to you to make sure you reach the ground at the end of the day. See that's the hardest part of my day is getting up that tower and back down safely, and the easiest is going home to get rest to start all over again tomorrow.
poor warehouse management
warehouse driver (Former Employee), Lexington South CarolinaAugust 18, 2014
anyone applying for the South Carolina warehouse job should watch out for the warehouse manager he will undermine you and talk bad about you behind your backthey don't tell you that you lifting 100 pounds carrying up to 3 flights of stairs. he will tell you he does everything in his power to help you but he only lives to help himself. There are no installers or installers supervisorsthat like him because of his arrogant attitudehe makes it very difficult place to work1 day upper management will see this

About MasTec Network Solutions

MasTec Network Solutions provides turn-key installation services to the wireless industry in designing, supplying, and supporting – Read more

MasTec Network Solutions Salaries

$40,000 per year
Tower Technician
$44,000 per year

MasTec Network Solutions Photos

A photo shared by one of our technicians
MasTec Network Solutions - Center of Professional Excellence - Now Offering Paid Training Programs