MasTec

MasTec Employer Reviews

Great employee atomosphere, Great leadership
Outside Plant Inspector (Former Employee), Hugo, MNJuly 21, 2014
Management was very understanding of the life-work balance.
mastec
Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2014
Half of the work you do will be for free because mastec is a per job employment. They do not pay they employees for extra work you have to complete
STRESSFUL AND HECTIC WORK ENVIRONMENT
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 15, 2014
My typical work day here was just simply dispatching out work to the technicians. Management sucked but co-workers were ok. Hardest part of the job were the constant procedure changes. In the short time was there the total operation of my department changed at least 4 times.
Inconsistent workdays.
Satellite Technician (Current Employee), Virginia BeachJuly 6, 2014
Work day starts at 8 AM. No telling when you will get off. Could have anywhere from 2 jobs to 6 depending on the workload. I have learned the concepts of Satellite technology and advanced troubleshooting skills.The turnover rate is extremely high though. Technicians come and go, mostly because the pay starting out isn't all that great but the money – more... comes with time. The hardest part of the job is crazy driving that you could be doing. The most enjoyable part is being able to see the satisfaction in a customer. – less
not a good job
tech (Former Employee), kingsportJune 30, 2014
They micro manage you to death, send you an hour one way to jobs make you pay for everything you need to do the job, and you have to have a truck or van you don't mind working out of. I had a very bad experience working with them. They tired to charge me over a thousand dollars for supplies I turned back in then dropped it after I told them to take – more... me to court for it but of course they took my last two weeks of pay. I would live on the street before I worked with this company again. – less
enjoyed the work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Vanceboro, NCJune 26, 2014
its a place to start not a place to make a career out of but all in all not bad just need to review their pay scale
Cool work place.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Garland, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: take your lunch whenever you ready.
Cons: sometimes you not able.
Installed satellite dishes and receivers,and not easy at all!
pay is decent
technician supervisor (Current Employee), longwood flJune 24, 2014
deal with micro managing and not what i was hired for. try to meet with my technicians in the field to assist them however they need. Deal with special projects the site manager gives me.monitor and control work flow to manage all the jobs at hand each day. ensure all my techs are working safely. attempt to do quality control check ups on my technicians. – more... build a team atmosphere . answer a lot of emails.
deal with customers that need a little extra attention to ensure customer satisfaction. – less
DirecTV subcontractor
Direct TV Installer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 22, 2014
Good company to work for. You are hired as a contractor and are paid per job completed
Worst Company ever
Lead Tech (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2014
Cons: everything
Mastec is a good company to work for if you want to be happier somewhere else. Everyone that has worked here truly disliked their job. Once they moved on to another company they were happier than they have ever been before.
Sometimes long days.
Satellite Installer (Former Employee), New Bern, NCJune 12, 2014
Working with MasTec sometimes constituted in working long days so you really couldn't plan anything with family. You just had to do things at the spur of the moment when you had days off.
Could be a better workplace
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Pelham, ALJune 11, 2014
Pros: active
Cons: unorganized
Managed the procurement of all material coming in and going out.
Trips to the AT&T XDOCK to pick up new material to be brought back to our warehouse for storage and job placement. The hardest part of the job was the constant change of strategies from Field Supervisors and Managers
Overworked and underpaid
Satellite Technician (Current Employee), Big Spring, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: overworked, not hourly pay, paid per job completed. low wages
I've been working for MasTec for 6 months now. The pay is not that great and you're gone most of the day. I usually get off work around 10 or 11pm and do not get home until midnight because I have to drive to another city to work because there is little work in my town.

Management isn't that great, I had to transfer to another office in another city – more... to get decent management interaction. before that, my supervisor was 4 hours away, the only time I heard from him was to tell me how many appointments I had that day, or to submit my timesheet.

Hardest part of the job is climbing a ladder and climbing through attics. thats about it.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working out of my work truck and meeting different people every day. – less
Workplace
Project (Former Employee), Addison, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: stressful
Fun place to work and plenty to tochange and implement.....
Fun and productive working with great kitchen in breakroom
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks when high call volume in effect
Mastec is a great company they exceed the expectations and go beyond to keep the company on top. The hardest part of the job is call overflow when your put in all queues to keep the call volume under control pther than that it's easy as ever..
Productive employment but exploitative management
Field Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 17, 2014
Pros: good, hard working employees
Cons: hard working exploitative management
Had Good Training and was transformed into a productive technician with good track record of completing Technical jobs with excellent customer service.
Productive Adventuresses,
Top Hand / Close Out Specialist / DAS Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2014
Pros: drive time you get paid fully.
Cons: per deim not that much i rather get paid cash instead of gettin a clc card, but hey its not that bad.
Any day at work theres always a new environment and a new thing you have to apply with what you already know thats what i love about telecom work and working at a work site because every site is different in its own way. The climb, the hardware set up etc. All you have is you and your co-workers to get the job done the right professional way. Thats – more... it. The hardest part of the job i would say is dealing with the bridge because sometimes they will have you at a site for 5 extra hours for no reason waiting to log you out and they wont let you leave. – less
This is what i did at mastec.
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: you had 30 mins. lunch breaks and bring your own lunch
Cons: shortbreaks, healthcare, dental.longterm disability, short term disability, vacations
A typical day at work was going out their and putting in the best 10 hours I could and getting home safe. Ilearned To use Different types of tools and equipment.iI had very good co-workers they taught me a lot. their wasn't really a hard part of the job as long as everyone do and work as a team.the best part of the is knowing you made progress and going – more... home to your family. – less
Its an ok place to work. It pays the bills.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 7, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: management
The typical day would just be driving around from home to home just installing satellite tv. The best part of the job is actually the different people. you never know who you'll meet. there are some interesting people out there. the worst part of the job would have to be management. the company is just a bit unorganized.
Underground power (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 5, 2014
Enjoyed working here. I loved the enviorment it was awesome.

1 2 3 4 5

About MasTec

MasTec, Inc. (MasTec) is a specialty contractor operating mainly throughout the United States and Canada, and across a range of – Read more