MasTec

MasTec Employer Reviews

Could be a better workplace
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Pelham, ALJune 11, 2014
Pros: active
Cons: unorganized
Managed the procurement of all material coming in and going out.
Trips to the AT&T XDOCK to pick up new material to be brought back to our warehouse for storage and job placement. The hardest part of the job was the constant change of strategies from Field Supervisors and Managers
Overworked and underpaid
Satellite Technician (Current Employee), Big Spring, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: overworked, not hourly pay, paid per job completed. low wages
I've been working for MasTec for 6 months now. The pay is not that great and you're gone most of the day. I usually get off work around 10 or 11pm and do not get home until midnight because I have to drive to another city to work because there is little work in my town.

Management isn't that great, I had to transfer to another office in another city to get decent management interaction. before that, my supervisor was 4 hours away, the only time I heard from him was to tell me how many appointments I had that day, or to submit my timesheet.

Hardest part of the job is climbing a ladder and climbing through attics. thats about it.

the most enjoyable part of the job is working out of my work truck and meeting different people every day.
Workplace
Project (Former Employee), Addison, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: stressful
Fun place to work and plenty to tochange and implement.....
Fun and productive working with great kitchen in breakroom
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks when high call volume in effect
Mastec is a great company they exceed the expectations and go beyond to keep the company on top. The hardest part of the job is call overflow when your put in all queues to keep the call volume under control pther than that it's easy as ever..
Productive employment but exploitative management
Field Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 17, 2014
Pros: good, hard working employees
Cons: hard working exploitative management
Had Good Training and was transformed into a productive technician with good track record of completing Technical jobs with excellent customer service.
Productive Adventuresses,
Top Hand / Close Out Specialist / DAS Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2014
Pros: drive time you get paid fully.
Cons: per deim not that much i rather get paid cash instead of gettin a clc card, but hey its not that bad.
Any day at work theres always a new environment and a new thing you have to apply with what you already know thats what i love about telecom work and working at a work site because every site is different in its own way. The climb, the hardware set up etc. All you have is you and your co-workers to get the job done the right professional way. Thats it. The hardest part of the job i would say is dealing with the bridge because sometimes they will have you at a site for 5 extra hours for no reason waiting to log you out and they wont let you leave.
This is what i did at mastec.
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: you had 30 mins. lunch breaks and bring your own lunch
Cons: shortbreaks, healthcare, dental.longterm disability, short term disability, vacations
A typical day at work was going out their and putting in the best 10 hours I could and getting home safe. Ilearned To use Different types of tools and equipment.iI had very good co-workers they taught me a lot. their wasn't really a hard part of the job as long as everyone do and work as a team.the best part of the is knowing you made progress and going home to your family.
Its an ok place to work. It pays the bills.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 7, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: management
The typical day would just be driving around from home to home just installing satellite tv. The best part of the job is actually the different people. you never know who you'll meet. there are some interesting people out there. the worst part of the job would have to be management. the company is just a bit unorganized.
Underground power (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 5, 2014
Enjoyed working here. I loved the enviorment it was awesome.
Horrible company!!!!! Horrible Management! !!!!!
Alarm/Home Automation Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 2, 2014
Cons: everything. ...no time for lunch.... managers are worthless.
This job offers no advancement. They micromanage you. Ridiculous mangers. Worst company I ever worked for.
N/A
Team lead (Current Employee), Coppell, TXApril 7, 2014
I am a opening team lead. I've learned how to manage a team of 15 people. Serving customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Too many workers, not enough jobs
Satellite Installer (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 3, 2014
I'm a technician for Mastec/Directv and the jobs available during the day are next to none. Most of the time techs are struggling to get jobs and are off work very early. They say you can control your own pay but if there aren't any jobs around, there is no money to be made. It's a great company to work for, but there are too many workers to jobs available.
Fast paced work environment
Intermediate Satellite Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: working outside with variety of personilities
Cons: instibility in work scheduling and
I enjoyed the work I did with Mastec, we came to the warehouse every morning to pick up equipment for the days or weeks work. I got to do lots of traveling wish I absolutely enjoyed. The nation was my office, we got to go and assist other markets in case of natural disasters to enable continuous service to customers. I enjoyed helping customers solve problems and helping them build their systems from the ground up. The hardest part of working with Mastec, was the inconsistencies in management, lack of job security and inconsideration for employees family and personal life when it came to work schedules.
Laid back but professional
Technician Dispatcher (Current Employee), Coppell , TxMarch 20, 2014
• Schedule/Rescheduling dispatch workers, work crews/equipment
• Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service
• Relay work orders, messages from work crews/ supervisors
• Confer with customers or supervising personnel to issues
• Prepare daily work and run schedules
• Receive or prepare work orders
good start out position
Locator (Former Employee), Bronson, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: company truck and schedule
Cons: not enough pay
a typical day here was getting to the office and findng out where the job locations would be. we would get out paper work and head out. get to the job site and bring out the equiptment and start lookin for the telephone cables under ground. had to dig numberous holes in order to find them
didnt say i learned too much but how to dig a perfect 5x4x4 hole, coworkers were good people to work with, usually 2 people at a time working together
the hardest part of that job was not having anything to go off of in order to find the cables and digging in hard limerock or clay
the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom of being outdoors and going from site to site
Technician (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYMarch 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Mostly driving, Different working enviroments, and troubleshooting techniques. Great individuals and very helpful on a daily bases. Not being able to provide service to clients. Meeting new people everyday.
Company is good to work for
Cellular Technician (Current Employee), TXMarch 17, 2014
Typical days work, is to check emails for work orders for next day assignments. travel to site, if access info is good enter site complete install, integrate, call test and commission thru the RITC, complete the end of shift report, and send out emails.
Company doesn't care much about there employees.
Satellite System Installer Technician (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 17, 2014
Charge backs on jobs when it was faulty equipment not the techs fault. Seemed like the office didn't really care about it's techs.
Unrealistic Expectation of Employee's
Residential Home Automation & Security Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: hard labor, extended hours, little to no personal off time, unrealistic expectations
If you want to work long hard hours with little to know support from administrators and management, as well as a lack of financial compensation for doing so, then this is the employer for you.

While working there, I spent countless times working after hours on small, yet tedious tasks, that I would not get paid for. Regardless, they still expected me to complete them on time without any concern for my family, personal time, or overall health.

I found myself working 12 hours a day not including drive time, and when I finally got home I had only several hours to take care of personal things before being forced to go to bed in order to get an adequate night of sleep for the next early morning.

I had little to no pleasure working here, and found the majority of their procedures and policies to be useless, and condescending towards their employees with little to no benefit or impact on the overall being of the company.

DO NOT WORK HERE
It is a very strict company with workers, and very responsible with customers.
Certfied Installer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2014
Pros: there was always work
Cons: work / money balance not satisfactory
Good work environment, good benefits but not very good salary.

About MasTec

MasTec, Inc. (MasTec) is a specialty contractor operating mainly throughout the United States and Canada, and across a range of – Read more

MasTec Photos