MasTec

MasTec Employer Reviews

Interesting position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oregon and New OrleansSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: interesting position
This was an interesting position and enjoyed my time with the company. I reported directly to the Area Manager as his personal secretary and was responsible for assisting with correspondence and files for Area Manager of two state Sprint Contract (Washington and Oregon)
Good and bad company to work for.
Training Manager, South Region (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: the people that worked there.
Cons: the constant travel. if it was in town, this would have been the perfect company.
I would facilitate conference calls with Vice Presidents and Directors of operations around their regions training needs and goals.
I would support my training management team to ensure training goals are met. I would fly out every other week to Florida or Atlanta to visit with my Training Team and Operations Team.
I took the time to work with my team – more... so that they know that they are supported so my co-workers were like family to me.
The hardest part was traveling half the year. My region was Florida and Atlanta and I live in San Antonio, TX. I have two young boys which made it hard to balance being a father and a leader within MasTec.
The most enjoyable part was the people, my team I worked with and supported. I worked along side some very talented individuals and was mentored by some great business minds such as Wanzel Jessie and Alan Babcock. – less
Productive environment
Installer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2013
Pros: excellent training
Cons: n/a
Good company to work for, good benefits and opportunity to move in different areas of the company.
MasTec owns their employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: they will hire anyone with a pulse.
Cons: hours vs compensation, job security, and working conditions.
MasTec Advanced Technologies used to be a great company. Over the last 2 years or so, it has rapidly trended down. All of Management has been replaced from tech Supervisors to President. Department stripped back to one person running multiple positions. Working under the Advanced technologies division, installing DirecTV, the company owns you and all – more... your time. Whether a tech or management, you are pretty much expected to work from the time you wake up till you go to sleep 6 days a week. occasionally more. Holidays consist of Thanksgiving and Christmas but requires volunteers to cover. Techs are required to take responsibility for more than what they do as well as management. There are known issues with equipment that take money out of tech's paychecks instead of the company's. Managers are expected to work 6 days a week and from 5am to 9pm, or until necessary. No work/life balance. There is always a threat of losing your job. Very stressful work place. The only reason I gave management 2 stars is that there are a small handful of individuals left there that made it worth showing up to work. – less
like to work, keep myself busy but the environment is really bad
Payroll/Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 21, 2013
My co-workers are ok.
management is very poor
Deal with a supervisor with bad attitude is very hard.
A good company
Field Tech Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio TXAugust 18, 2013
A good company, but a high turnover. Due to the nature of the industry it's very physically demanding so in turn, hard to keep technician. At times when there is a low employee count, it causes everyone else to take on more responsibilities. This in turn causes a poor work/home life balance.
Awful, Do not work here.
Installer (Current Employee), HarlingenAugust 18, 2013
Cons: everything
Been working for Mastec for two months and must say this is the worst job i've had thus far in life. Management is a joke, they are unprofessional and make you feel like your job is constantly in jeopardy. Warehouse personnel are useless and snide(get used to not getting what you requested and pulling most of your own orders). If you are used to working – more... with a certain level of professionalism and proficiency i suggest you keep looking because you won't find any of that at Mastec. – less
Great Opportunity
Foreman / Crew Leader (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2013
This is a company that started out small and has become a place that grew with the economy.
High turnover rate
Reliability Technician (Current Employee), College Park, GAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free tv
Cons: 6 day work week
new faces changing quarterly with management. Long hours. Unattainable performance metrics.
Very good environment
R4 Inspector (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 8, 2013
I was very comfortable working in this company, I am waiting for more job opportunities with this company.
non productive
bucket operator (Former Employee), Madison, WVAugust 7, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: short breaks
it was always a hecti day at work. always some one or something had to square up to u
Sweat Camp
Satellite Installation & Repair Technician (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 30, 2013
This review is not directed at MasTec as a company, it is directed ay Advanced Technologies DirecTV which I believe is a subdivision. I had high expectations on becoming a satellite TV installation professional.....loved the work I was performing. Unfortunately this job turned out to be a disappointment for me personally.
Fast paced. But unreliable workload
Installer Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland FlJuly 28, 2013
I loved the job, the co-workers. But the work was unpredictable. It was nearly impossible to advance. Their Matrix system seems to be design to keep the Techs from advancing.
High stress, no social/family life
Field technician (Former Employee), FredericksburgJuly 25, 2013
Pros: discounted tv service
Cons: long hours, overtime calculations
While not the worst job I've ever had, it was the second-most stressful. The first being in the infantry in Afghanistan. If you're lucky, you'll start out on a normal five day work week, but if you're really lucky, you'll work 10 hours a day. Otherwise you'll be on a 6 day a week schedule working 15+ hours. You do get overtime, but because its not hourly – more... work, the overtime is calculated on the amount of money you made that week. The formula is "weekly earnings" divided by "total weekly hours" times .5. So if you had a good week making $1000 at 65 hours. Doing the math it comes out to $192 overtime pay. That's less than minimum wage doing the same hours!!! Minimum wage overtime would be $285!!! I'm sorry but working that many hours a week never seeing family or friends for that amount of money ISNT WORTH IT. – less
Thank God I didnt take the job....
installer (Former Employee), ctJuly 20, 2013
Cons: use all you can think of that's negative about a horrible company and that would describe mastec!!
I applied for an installer position and was called for an interview.
To make a long story short, there is not a thread of good that I can say about mastec. I went to the interview and the first thing the
manager says is, "We work 24/7 around here starting at 4:30 a.m. every morning..." and then I'm thinking to myself, yeah douchbag manager, you just – more... wont be paid while your here because its PIECE-WORK......it was right at that moment I knew I made a BIG MISTAKE and wanted so outa there........I Thank God I didn't take the job.......... – less
good company as long as you keep up productivity.
Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 16, 2013
Don't have any accidents, are you're gone. Even if someone hits your vehicle and your not in it.
Long endless hours
Field Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2013
Pros: discounted directv
Cons: no home life, always had company phone at all times.
This job was based on long hours (8-15) 6 days a week. New and additional duties without a break from others. Upper Management was unsupported when assigning new tasks.The other supervisors were supportive and enjoyable. the best part of the job was truly when i left. No ;more phone calls at all hours, no more emails at 2 am.
A good place to work
Asistant warehouse manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 28, 2013
Pros: company truck and gas card
Cons: sometimes long hours
A 10 to 12 hour work day but well compensated. Management was, in most cases good. But they went through a lot of managers. A good bunch of co-workers in most cases but there is always a few bad apples.
Lots of on time stress
Installer (Former Employee), Atlanta southJune 24, 2013
Pros: not available
Cons: everything
Run, run,run.
Worked their six months as a sub, they will find every excuse they can , pick your work apart, cheat, lie what ever they have to
To deduct you salary.
working with MASTEC SECURITY IN EDINA, MN.
Security Installer and Service Technician (Former Employee), Edina, MNJune 22, 2013
Pros: get own veh.
Cons: work every sat. in which was not explained because they r dumb
TRERIBLE EXPERIENCE AND INEXPERIENCED MANAGEMENT WITH CRAIG HOIVIK IN CHARGE AND WORKERS. BECAUSE THEY GOOD WORKERS AND NOT PAY FOR IT.$16-18 I WAS HIRED AND FIRED FOR NO REASON, THEY HAD NO COMPLAINTS FROM MY MANAGER AND NO REASON TO BE FIRED. I QUIT A GOOD JOB TO WORK HERE AND THIS IS HOW THEY PAY ME AND MY FAM. OF 4.