MASTER HALCO Employee Reviews

" Lucky to work with great people ...Fortunate to be part of it...Great work exposure.."
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City , OklahomaJune 15, 2015
" Fast Pace "
I NEVER feel I am working in an office, the environment and work culture is very friendly. Was always surrounded by passionate people having the hunger to learn and explore .
In today's economy , with fewer employees doing the work of many.
Management gave employees a clear understanding of what's expected of them by setting goals, establishing timelines.
Co-workers were the best, each help the other to be more successful
The most enjoyable part of the job ... MH recognizes and compensates their top performers .
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Don't give extra importance to non performers just to be good to all !
Very close minded and nieve
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 10, 2015
General employees were good to work with. Very little training on equipment, abd managment required many unrealistic goals. NO WANT FOR PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, They would rather run a machine until it broke. No advancement possibilities and they do not recognize or reward individuals for taking initiative. If you work here expect it to demand much of your time and life as they change schedules suddenly and with little notice
Pros
Friendly general employees
Cons
No consistency, no advancement, poor management
great team
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 29, 2016
Great team for such difficult tasks as working with toxic chemicals without all the necessary safty equipment
Pros
morning meetings
Cons
too many managers
Is an ok job but demands alot of your time
Logistics Manager/Shipping Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 20, 2016
The job was ok, but demanded a lot of your time. i would work 6 days a week and hardly see my family. People were nice but the benefits were terrible
Pros
employees were great
Cons
demanded alot of your time
Poor Management and a very dangerous place to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PaFebruary 13, 2015
Welding galvanized steel without adequate and sometimes zero ventilation was probably the worst part of the job. And the fact that they hid this was even worse. Whenever we had our mandatory air quality testing they would put the monitor on the guy welding the much safer stainless steel. The management was poor and they kept very unsafe employees around because they didn't want to hurt their feelings. I had high hopes when I started there only to see my fantasy quickly turn into a nightmare. I would not recommend this job to anyone who wants a future in a long term career.
Pros
4 day (10 hour days) work week, occasional cookouts or parties, laid back and fun co workers made the job bearable.
Cons
poor management, very dangerous air quality and hiding it from osha.
Master Halco Review
Yard Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2015
It is a great place to work with very supportive management. Great coworkers, and an all around great place to work. You work very hard but it pays off and i recommend it to anyone looking for a stable job
fun place to work
Gate Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2016
long term work and i love to work the fast pace and co -workers are fun to be around and i love the type of work there and makes the day go by fast
Out of Business
Shipping and Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 2, 2016
This was a fence company that I worked for that we loaded flatbeds and unloaded them with forklifts. I really liked it but the company closed down
poor staff
operator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 10, 2014
If you would like to be treated like slave than apply for it.
If you are other than white you will NOT have a chance for advancement or be in the corporate ladder.
Co-workers are great to work with
Management is always having meetings thus NOT caring for production down time. Meetings first and worry about equipment down later.
If you are NOT white expect to earn a lot less per hour. An Spanish operator working over a year and a white employee gets hired after, he or she will start the same job at a higher hourly rate and the Spanish operator will have to teach the new hired to operate machine.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Dirty and smokey

Comment – November 18, 2014

Master Halco takes pride in the diversity of our workforce throughout all levels of our organization. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors.

the most enjoyable part of the job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 14, 2016
My most enjoyable part of working at Master Halco was the people there. I feel as if anything i needed help in they were there to assist me.
Welder fabricator
Welder (Former Employee) –  Valley, WANovember 1, 2015
Master Halco was one of my first jobs. I learned many aspects of the welding profession at this job. I took my experience and was able to use these skills for many projects as well as a personal business.
Terrible Expirience
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dallas - TXFebruary 1, 2015
Manufacturing department in Dallas TX is the most dirty and unsafe company that I ever worked.
Machines and working areas are never maintained for cleanness and safe conditions. Fork lifters are driven at more than 20 miles per hour with forks risen at 4 feet high. They use forward - reverse as brake.
They have not safety program and, including managers, they never use LOTO when working on electric or mechanic equipment. Operators and maintenance make machine settings adjustments with machine running and they are fired if they get hurt. Electric control panels using 480 V are kept open at all times. Other high voltage electric control panels are blocked at all time by any kind of material.They do not follow OSHA rules.
Environment is hot and cold and have a high volume of chemicals in the atmosphere with no forced ventilation or exhausting system.
They have dust collectors but they keep it off due the lack of knowledge for what this equipment is good for.
Restrooms and lunch area are dirty and have a terrible odor and have not people in charge to clean.
Worse yet is the poor management and their lack of experience and favoritism towards ethnicity. Managers curse their people in front of everyone.
Managers are driven by opinions of employees with more seniority and take actions based on them.
Pros
good 401 k and good pay
Cons
very expensive health and dental insurance, terrible environment and management.
Totally disorganized
Territory Manager for Virginia and Maryland (Former Employee) –  Ashland,VaJuly 18, 2015
Upper level management is out of touch with the real world in this region. Production cannot meet the workplace demand and company suffers from a great deal of employee turnover
Don't quit your current job to go here to work
Enterviewee (Former Employee) –  FresnoDecember 21, 2014
After 4 months of enterviews and being sent through the back ground and drug screening and pssing. Then told that your are supported by local Management as their choice of Candidate to hire,
then a month later, just to have some VP in Chicago who never even took the time to talk to you or enterview you state that they are going to go another way.

I say don't waite your time. They kept me on the hook for what seemed forever. Local Management seems genuine, but Corp seems uncaring.

Don't quit your job if enteriewing here, and think twice about what you are told as it just doesn't come true.
Great place to work at especially if you are starting from the ground up
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2015
I tried on a lot of hats working for MH. My most recent challenge was performing as a Territory Manager. A typical day for me is being on the road and completing 6-10 sales stops to conduct face to face meeting with our clients. Some calls are scheduled and some are walk in calls while in the area. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ease in creating relationships with the existing clients and discovering ways to do more business together. Also the challenge of regaining our lost clients is rewarding. MH clients are usually honest and hardworking people who have been in fencing or construction all their life. The hardest part is keeping up with your sales duties while still maintaining spreadsheets, mileage logs, CRM entries, expense reports and more spreadsheets to keep track of other spreadsheets. Co-Workers are hardworking as well. During my 12 years at MH I drove forklifts, learned how to weld, build a fence, build a gate, how to conduct a behavioral based interview to understanding how budgets work, but most importantly, I learned how to professionally create business for the company by offering superior customer service. I also learned to be successful in a business, I need to make it my business to know everything about it, hence why I wore so many hats along my career with MH.
Pros
flexible schedule, freedom to learn, monday - friday, our clients
Cons
healthcare, flawed compensation plan for sales personal
productive work place freindly environment
Galvanized Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
My time with this company has been nothing but a pleasure,
Master Halco has great training, wonderful management staff and my co-workers always work as a team, over the course of the years I've learned that hard work never goes unnoticed with this company,
which is why I was promoted to training new employees, the faith that the company has placed on me has been with great honor.
Pros
great company and working environment
Neutral
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, NMDecember 2, 2013
Master Halco is a good company with many products and skills utilized and learned. There are great employees and customers that I interact with on a daily basis. I have learned a great deal about the fencing wholesale business and how to bid and gain market information from customers and contractors. I love working with the customers and co-workers. I worry about the financial stability of the company and or branch and the compensation could be vastly improved.
Pros
understanding contractor and supplier business
Cons
not enough compensation
Fast paced work environment & close to home.
Receiving specialist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CaFebruary 3, 2014
A day at Master Halco is different every day. On a daily basis I would
start off at 7 a.m covering customer will calls till 9:30 a.m as the 2nd shift would arrive. Throughout this process I would Unload LTL Shipments or receive truck loads of incoming inventory.From there I would work in Receiving as my Job title Receiving Specialist Printing Purchased Orders via J D Edwards. Throughout the day continuing working on customer based will calls. As the day progressed I would Pick & Pull orders getting Master Halcos Fitting orders processed for outbound trucks to be loaded. Finishing up the day loading trucks for customer deliveries. I learned a lot of forklift skills at this company like loading flat racks and containers being shipped out internationally. The management was very good as it often changed Branch Mangers often. My Superintendent was Excellent guiding his understaffed hands on employees. My co-workers were the best workers as we handled this company short handed employees.
Pros
the job knowledge, i learned as this has brought me to the experienced material handler/forklift operator i am today.
Cons
short staffed employees.
the customers were fantastic - management no so much.
Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 6, 2013
Over the past few years, the management of this company, both upper and especially middle management, has gotten out of control. They think that by imposing more and more restrictions on what the employees can do for the customer is a way to increase business. But most importantly, they are not honest people and do not care about the employee.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the management of the company
variety of health events
Corporate buyer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
You will get email about the health information and what to do to keep in touch with consultant. There is big support on the company side when you get trouble for the insurance.

2.9