MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Employer Reviews

Okay job but not much freedom to have a life
Assembly Picking Lead (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJanuary 21, 2015
I worked 2nd shift at about 10 hours a day. I would not recommend if you want to spend time with your family or if you don't have a passion for cabinet making.
do not work there
assembly (Former Employee), auburnJanuary 9, 2015
worst place to work you have no life of your own. you have to keep your mouth shut and can't say anything. there are people that can just show up and get a check. can't tell personal they are scared of them.
Productive and fun workplace
Barri Line Assembler (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Masterbrand Cabinets is a safe working environment and all the supervisors and T.L make sure that all employees follow careful and standard procedures for safety. Everybody helps you out when you don't know something and also helps you out when you get behind sometimes. I really didn't have a hard job just first starting out I would get behind and my coworkers would help me to get caught back up. Management would also help me when I asked and she made sure to build my self esteem when I first started Masterbrand. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers, we would all get together and laugh and make jokes to make the time pass by quicker. A typical day at work was sometimes stressful then other time it was just a normal day at work.
Quick paced and muti tasking job
Finisher II (Former Employee), Arthur, ILDecember 28, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits, and job advancment oppurtunities.
Cons: short breaks
Typical day consisted of maintaining cabinet drawers and door fronts without causing defects to them while applying the required applications at necessary steps. Learned to work in unison with a team of seven other runwipers well and to depend on them to perform their duties. Management was well structured and proactive. Co-workers were kind and attentive to helping me learn the job required. Hardest part was the fluctuations in temperature within warehouse during seasons. Most enjoyable part was the co-workers.
Excellent place to work. Good benefits, decent pay, fun crew.
Offbearer/Loader (Former Employee), Ferdinand, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: sense of inclusion with crew, good work out, good pay.
Cons: long hours in shipping.
I personally loved working at Masterbrand. It was fast paced, and sometimes stressful, but the whole crew was ready and willing to help in any way to keep you afloat. Offbearing cabinets is a good way to stay in shape, and there is a lot of walking involved, but at the end of the day you feel like you got something done.
IT office in Grants Pass
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Grants PassNovember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and the people
Cons: lack of process driven management.
Great company to work for if you are at the corporate office.

Remote site management has a hard time seeing the big picture and tends to silo themselves from the rest of the company.

The company has adapted a central help desk, but the factory refuses to call them and expects the site support team to drop everything and fix the issues they are facing no matter how small it is. Most rights and software management is taken care of in the Jasper office.

This position is setup in a weird way. Your boss in in Jasper, but you have a dotted line to the General Manager. The GM does not want you to report to him and will place you under another manager, but expect you to report all your activities to all parties even though it is all tracked via tickets.
Who do you know
RELIEF OPERATOR (Former Employee), Arthur, ILNovember 28, 2014
Job is all about who you know not what you know. How brown can you get your nose? I gave 110% of my life to the company and was constantly looked over for advancement opportunities. Management will openly lie to the employees as well. There is no work/life balance. This is a terrible company to work for. Would not recommend this job to anyone I cared about.
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Great Work Environment
Sprayer (Former Employee), Kinston, N.C.November 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, good life insurance
Cons: when the company would have slow times certain times of the year.
Masterbrand is a very caring and giving company, I was very happy to work their the work was hectic, fast pace and repetitive. But the pay was great and so were the company quirks and benefits.
Excellent company values. Cares about their employees.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Ferdinand, INNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good working enviorment.
Cons: parking lot is gravel. future plans to black top.
Very good place to work. Great benefits. Great management / supervisor team. Company cares about their employees and families. I would recommend this compnay as one of the best in the country to work for.
Company is driven by their 5 basics principles
General Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2014
Company is driven to performance excellence and commitment to lean manufacturing principles and quality of products. Unfortunately not all departments are on the same page and at times are competing and conflicting entities. Alot of top notch, hardworking professionals committed to getting the job done.
Their slogan is the furthest from the truth
Sr. Management, (MPS) (Former Employee), Jasper, INOctober 20, 2014
Pros: people are fun to work with
Cons: never know where you will be tomorrow
Company cares more about the $ then your family life. Work you until you break then kick you to the curb and hire new blood
Max accountabiilty, minimum security, maximum hours, min efficiency
Employee (Current Employee), Grants Pass, ORSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: associates work very well together
Cons: no work life balance, minimal rewards.
Salaried employees work excessive hours. Associates are held accountable first instead of processes first. Old data systems add to inefficiencies with no sign of intent to invest. Human Resources fails at the top level through open insults to individuals. Management is obviously overwhelmed in a flood of delegated responsibility with minimal support in guidance. While there is great potential, the company as a whole fails to offer employees much more than a pat on the back followed by a slap on the hand.
Success of such a company would equal inclusion of more robust technology to support inventory flow and time keeping accuracy, addition of something like a room with exercise equipment for membership cost, a one hour lunch instead of 30 minutes and task rotations that keep people from developing injuries. Lastly, utilizing regular associates to fill leadership roles seems impractical and might even be unethical if leadership weren't working in excess of 13 hours daily minimum...
Great People
Continuous Improvement (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2014
There was never a typical day. We always had something new to achieve.
Excellent company to work for
Order Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Customer service, scheduled installs, service request, a great company to work for and to advance in.
Terrible employer.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Goshen, INAugust 28, 2014
Pros: it's a job, if you are desperate.
Terrible company for which to work. Underpay employees by 33% of the average for a comparable job at other companies. No meaningful raises are ever given to any employee.

The healthcare benefits were great, but were switched to something extremely sub-par. Now all prescriptions must go through a mail order company, and are frequently late. And can cost 5 - 10x more than what the same medicine would be from a local pharmacy w/out using insurance.

Do not work for this company.
Work Life Balance Doesn't Exist in most Roles
HR Employee (Current Employee), Jasper, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: strong place in the market, nice people
Cons: little coaching, no work/life balance
Depending on the department that you work, there is little to no work life balance or the acknowledgement that people need it. Plenty of growth opportunity and career advancement space.
Great job with people.
Relief Operator (Former Employee), Arthur, ILJuly 21, 2014
Love my job at MBCI. I enjoyed working with everyone. Learned a lot about team work. I liked that my opinion was valued.
productive and fun work environment
Shipping (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 18, 2014
shipment for furniture. fast pace environment. major companies
Fun people poor management
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 9, 2014
I love the people that I worked with, even when we had all the overtime. The management just needs a few more improvements due to understanding that people have lives outside of the plant
been awhile
Hazmat Shipper (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJune 14, 2014
but overall good employer to work for. a little too leniant on overtime and cut a whole shift(graveyard) to save money. would work for again though. very good benefits package, 401K, etc..

1 2 3 4 5

About MasterBrand Cabinets Inc.

At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, – Read more

MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. Photos