MasterBrand Cabinets Employee Reviews

Long days no help
Door Assembler (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 17, 2017
No matter how hard you tired they’d say you were doing something wrong but wouldn’t show you a solution. And the pay sucked. You also had to stay at one job for a long time. They had no communication at all with other leaders.
Cabinet making for business and homes.
Finishing Department (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAOctober 16, 2017
Making cabinets systematically as a base cabinet and then the style for each type is added to make different set. It is an easy system to make each separate work style.
the job is cool as long the work load smooth amount
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCOctober 15, 2017
We'll Masterbrand cabinets has a different feel when you start working their ,it"s cool ,very hard-working but likeable jobs were you can adjust also some strong team workers to help.
Pros
free food maybe 6 times a year
Cons
we break every2-3 hrs of work
A great and fun place to work.
CabinetMaker (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALOctober 12, 2017
A great place and great people to work for and with.There's no hard work just fast pace and competitive line working against each other.Great bosses.
work was fun but hours were very long
Machine Operator (west paint) (Former Employee) –  Arthur, ILOctober 8, 2017
I was a Machine operator in West paint. I prepared woods before it went to paint. over my time there I worked Wall line, Base line, Door plant, and west paint.
Stressful and fast paced work environment.
Manufacterer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 7, 2017
Every day seemed to have its own challenges and a manager was not always around to solve them. Employees would always leave or not come in and it put more stress on the people there working.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
sunnnary
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2017
Worked a territory being responsible for sale growth of semi custom cabinets. Long hours, but very rewarding. Great benefits and team support. Great customer service.
Tough business
Floater (Former Employee) –  Ferdinand, INOctober 4, 2017
The management were very strict and super lazy. They were never around when you needed them. The HR department was terrible. They never answered your questions to the fullest capability and if you had an issue you were told to "just deal with it" I walked out (quit) and they sent me a termination letter the next day. Yes they fired me for quitting
Pros
Pay
Cons
The job was girst of course. But, everyone whom worked there made it fun. So it was easy to work
Puller (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 4, 2017
Master brand Cabinets is a great place to work. It has many ways to cover you and many more ways to fire you. But, they are simple things to do there and if you do it then you'll be able to climb the ladder of success. Easy to move up from a saw operator to a supervisor and so forth.
Pros
Great Cooperation.
Cons
To easy to get fired. Eight points for a year. Once you hit eight. It is an automatic termination.
Lot of clicky ppl and lots of stress
Cabinet repair (Current Employee) –  Arthur, ILOctober 2, 2017
It was a really good place to work 4 yr ago but alot of changes hapened not for the best for the company, it takes forever to get on dayshift and to get 3 weeks vacaion and the health ins stinks and cost to much
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lot of conflicts and favortism
cool place
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 30, 2017
hours where good time off people where friendly free lunches every week oay was decent fast paced enviroment hours where good people where friendly i liked being ther
Pros
free food good pay
Cons
worked for agency
Just another Factory
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ferdinand, INSeptember 28, 2017
It is just like most any factory work hot and back breaking. It is in the union but it is a joke the company does everything they can keep you down hearted so don't give them any extra info because they will use it on you. I hurt my back they wouldn't let me go to the hospital that night , made me go to there Doctor I couldn't even walk and he told me I couldn't have no time off, so I went to my Doctor and because I did they didn't have to pay any medical bills. I also got wrote up and gave disciplinary action because I got hurt at work. during the time I was there I seen at least a half dozen get wrote up for getting hurt at work.
Pros
good pay, good insurance
Cons
two faced company
Long Hours 12 to 14 hr days
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORSeptember 26, 2017
Long hours. short breaks. week ends and massive work load. A typical consists of looking for parts because they are always lost. Very micro managed on all aspects. They make you fill out a standard work and turn it in on a daily basis.
Cons
short breaks
okay workplace
Sprayer C-Line (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 25, 2017
hot environment with steady to quick paced work
the workplace culture was pretty laid back with great coworkers and positive attitudes only exception is work salary should be a bit higher
Good co-workers
Assembler, Production Workers, All Other (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 23, 2017
Overall it’s a ok job. The managers are ok but you don’t know when you are getting off of work. The work isn’t and the employees are great. They feed you on holiday to compensate for the low pay raise.
Pros
Free food on holidays
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Hard working but fair
Stock Puller (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 16, 2017
This is an assembly line, production job. I learned how to be more of a team player. The whole line is responsible in making sure each task is properly done.
Working here doesn't pay
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 13, 2017
Working for Masterbrand doesn't pay because you don't have a balance in life. Your there more than your home with family. If you want to see your family and spend quality time with them this isn't the place for you to work.
Terrible work environment
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 12, 2017
The old plant manager was pretty cool. When the new guy came in he was very abrasive and treated people like trash. He ran off several good managers and could have cared less about the team on the floor. Several people complained to corporate but they didn't care either
not a good place for continued employment
electromechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 11, 2017
cut throat. unwilling to train and very devious group. going to hr about anything and everything is the favorite method of getting someone fired. high turnover rate. not comfortable with outsiders. get in the clique or get fired. bullying from fellow workers is approved and in some cases encouraged. experience and knowledge has no value. management will not help employees with these problems. you are on your own and everyone is rooting for your failure.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
culture
Masterbrand
Master Builder/ Floater /Assembly (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NC 28501September 11, 2017
Poor management, hours go up and down. The pay is pretty good. They give you PTO hours without having to be there for more then a year. They don't work well with single parents or people with children. The call out policy needs to be revised .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasterBrand Cabinets. Our community is ready to answer.