MasterCard Worldwide Employee Reviews

Unequaled culture, mission, leadership team, and work environment
Vice President - Workforce Management (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Global reach and passion to "do good"
Cons: As with most technology companies, the pace is fast and everchanging.
MasterCard is is determined to change the world by improving financial inclusion globally, starting with the CEO and board. This is a place anyone can be proudly associated with. And, the establishment and maintenance of a world class environment and work/life balance is a foremost priority.
High energy place to work
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
Great company and embracing culture. Fast paced and focused on the digital convergence. Global focus and working in the payments space a very satisfying place to grow
Productive and busy workplace but high stress.
CEO-Financial Banking Liaison-Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: The freedom of working in office or from home.
Cons: No Retirement and minimal healthcare
I was in a high stress position over 7-10 employees and ran the company as the owner was incapacitated.
I brought monthly residuals up from $5000.00 a month when I started to $45000.00 a month in less than 2 years.
The hardest part was the workload as I did all HR, AR, AP, Payroll and reporting. All customer service as well. In the end was doing technical repairs on credit cad terminals and programming, delivering as well as working all events alone. Some with as many as 17 terminals per event. The events were a lot of work but also great fun.
Fun place to work
Customer Operatons Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible working conditions, you can telecommute.
Cons: Pay could be better
at my job, time flies, it is high pressure but rewarding, good atmosphere, high professional level from most co-workers, multinational/multi cultural environment.
Great Group of people to work with
Sr Project Administrator/Jr Project Manager (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MissouriJune 17, 2015
I love my job but I am looking for something in FL now that I have relocated here. MasterCard is a great company to work for.
Very pressuring environment and not enough room to grow
assist in tracking orders and balances on accts (Former Employee), Las Vegas,NVJune 11, 2015
Pros: great company parties great company (Telus) overall
Cons: pay rate low
Answer calls for loyalty and rewards. A lot of the information was delayed between MasterCard and the banks were always delayed. Management was a little shady their was definitely favoritism shown through out this campaign at Telus. The hardest part was when a customer didn't receive their item and have to deal directly with the bank Key Bank was the hardest Bank to deal with and Wells Fargo.
Fun work place
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOMay 30, 2015
I was able to gain experience, share new ideas, collaborate with diverse people, participate and learn in a team through meetings and this is what I consider the best way to build a strong platform into work environment. Being a team member of MasterCard Parameter System we all try to coordinate and communicate with people even when they work from home. A specific instance of this can be project estimate meeting which I attended and few of the participants on the meeting were on phone and the rest were in the meeting room. Discussions regarding assignment of specific task for the project and number of hours required to complete the task are discussed in this meeting. Physical presence of a team member is not needed in order to achieve success in the team but rather good and continuous communication and coordination is a key to success. Irrespective of my manager keeping an eye on me on what I am working for or how long I am working for I myself act with integrity towards my work and which I feel is the most important thing needed in any work environment. SharePoint demonstration meeting helped me deliver some of my innovative skills while on the other hand taking an initiative in participating in Business Resource Group helped me feel involved not only in my team but beyond it.
The pay and hours was okay.
Customer Service/ Call Center (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: too many kids
The company is very good at teaching you how to perform the job but there are too many kids and not everyone wants to help you learn. it is not a permanent position because they can fire you at anytime and with no reason. There is a lot of bullying and harassment.
Balance
Analyst, Communications and Appeals (Current Employee), Purchase, NYMay 18, 2015
MasterCard has a very well balanced work-life balance. There is room for growth and advancement. Even though there is room for advancement it is sometimes challenging to get promoted.
fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: none
A typical day at work, busy, exciting, fast past. Small company, family owned. Great co-workers, knowledgeable, fun. Easy going office.
WORK EXPERIENCE
Bilingual Service Associate/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2015
Cons: ONLY A 30 MIN BREAK AND 1 15 MIN BREAK
THERE ARE DAYS WHERE IT IS VERY BUSY AND SOMETIMES IT CAN BE EXHAUSTING BUT OVERALL I LOVE WHAT I DO. I'VE LEARNED TO NOT LET THE WAY SOME PEOPLE MAY SPEAK GET TO ME. SINCE WE HANDLE EMERGENCY SERVICES OR BENEFITS THEY ARE CALLING BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN EMERGENCY SITUATION SO I CAN NOT LET IT BOTHER ME. I CAN ONLY BE EMPATHETIC TO THE SITUATION AND PROVIDE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE THAT I CAN.
More Politics than the Federal Govt
Quality Analist (Former Employee), St Louis MoApril 8, 2015
If you don't go along with the "click" your days are numbered. Too much emphasis placed on your attire. A lot of "brown noseing" If you disagree just beware.
Company could be better with better management
Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: compensations and benefits
Cons: work expectations by management who provide no guidance
This could be an amazing company to work for if the management team worked with their team. No guidance provided, you are basically on your own and sometimes it feels as if you are setup to fail! What I found really immature is that some members of management once promoted gave the silence treatment to those who had once reported to them.
Not what it pretends to be on paper
Leader (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: Pay and Bonus are above market
Cons: Work load and awful mid mgmt. HR is useless.
If you are unlucky enough, a few toxic managers at the mid level exist who think they have a birthright to working there. HR is useless. Basically you are on your own if you work there. Lots of politics and bureaucracy. Lots of talk about Trust and Ethics but scratch the surface and you'll find neither. Executive Mgmt wear rose colored glasses and cash in their options, oblivious.
MasterCard
Business Leader (Current Employee), Purchase, NYMarch 12, 2015
Good Company. Most managers understand the importance of work/life balance. People are its biggest asset. It has a very nice culture.
Nice place to work
Sr. Software Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Enjoyed working at this company. Learned a lot during my stay. People were nice and management was open and honest. Took several training to skill my self. Overall, it was a good experience.
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Support international clients
Provide superior service via phone
Handle cardholders concerns professionally
Provide high level of satisfaction customer service
MasterCard Worldwide Review
AP SPECIALIST (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: knowledge sharing, healthcare, learning environment
Fast paced environment where the processing of European invoices to ensure prompt payment. I learned how tax codes work in Europe and how to process correctly so MasterCard receives the discounts from the different governments in Europe. In turn, the refunds go to MasterCard which provides a savings of several million dollars a year. Incentive invoices proved the most challenging because the process was inefficient and required review at least three times, enter into the system and place on hold, then wait for the hold-release for the payment to be made. To overcome this, we streamlined the process to only review twice and only enter into the system once the invoice was ready to be paid. The most enjoyable part of my job was the volume of work that needed to be processed. There was always something to do and always something new to learn. The management was wonderful in allowing us to learn so many different processes as well as having confidence that when we were given an assignment we would complete it correctly.
MasterCard is an excellent company
Vice President, Global Emerging Payments (Current Employee), Purchase, NYFebruary 17, 2015
In the payments space, MasterCard is a great place to work. There are opportunities to develop and deploy groundbreaking products. In addition, the global scope of the company presents opportunities in many geographies.

There is a strong push to bring in more "millenials" in an effort to develop an even faster paced and innovative culture. The quality of the workforce overall is quite high.
Leader in digital payments innovation
VP, Digital Convergence - Product Management (Current Employee), Purchase, NYFebruary 17, 2015
MasterCard is a leader in the digital payments innovation space including defining industry standards for interoperability and scalability.