MasterCard Worldwide

MasterCard Worldwide Employee Reviews

fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILMay 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: none
A typical day at work, busy, exciting, fast past. Small company, family owned. Great co-workers, knowledgeable, fun. Easy going office.
WORK EXPERIENCE
Bilingual Service Associate/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2015
Cons: ONLY A 30 MIN BREAK AND 1 15 MIN BREAK
THERE ARE DAYS WHERE IT IS VERY BUSY AND SOMETIMES IT CAN BE EXHAUSTING BUT OVERALL I LOVE WHAT I DO. I'VE LEARNED TO NOT LET THE WAY SOME PEOPLE MAY SPEAK GET TO ME. SINCE WE HANDLE EMERGENCY SERVICES OR BENEFITS THEY ARE CALLING BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN EMERGENCY SITUATION SO I CAN NOT LET IT BOTHER ME. I CAN ONLY BE EMPATHETIC TO THE SITUATION AND PROVIDE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE THAT I CAN.
More Politics than the Federal Govt
Quality Analist (Former Employee), St Louis MoApril 8, 2015
If you don't go along with the "click" your days are numbered. Too much emphasis placed on your attire. A lot of "brown noseing" If you disagree just beware.
Company could be better with better management
Leader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: compensations and benefits
Cons: work expectations by management who provide no guidance
This could be an amazing company to work for if the management team worked with their team. No guidance provided, you are basically on your own and sometimes it feels as if you are setup to fail! What I found really immature is that some members of management once promoted gave the silence treatment to those who had once reported to them.
Not what it pretends to be on paper
Leader (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: Pay and Bonus are above market
Cons: Work load and awful mid mgmt. HR is useless.
If you are unlucky enough, a few toxic managers at the mid level exist who think they have a birthright to working there. HR is useless. Basically you are on your own if you work there. Lots of politics and bureaucracy. Lots of talk about Trust and Ethics but scratch the surface and you'll find neither. Executive Mgmt wear rose colored glasses and cash in their options, oblivious.
MasterCard
Business Leader (Current Employee), Purchase, NYMarch 12, 2015
Good Company. Most managers understand the importance of work/life balance. People are its biggest asset. It has a very nice culture.
Nice place to work
Sr. Software Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Enjoyed working at this company. Learned a lot during my stay. People were nice and management was open and honest. Took several training to skill my self. Overall, it was a good experience.
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Support international clients
Provide superior service via phone
Handle cardholders concerns professionally
Provide high level of satisfaction customer service
MasterCard Worldwide Review
AP SPECIALIST (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: knowledge sharing, healthcare, learning environment
Fast paced environment where the processing of European invoices to ensure prompt payment. I learned how tax codes work in Europe and how to process correctly so MasterCard receives the discounts from the different governments in Europe. In turn, the refunds go to MasterCard which provides a savings of several million dollars a year. Incentive invoices proved the most challenging because the process was inefficient and required review at least three times, enter into the system and place on hold, then wait for the hold-release for the payment to be made. To overcome this, we streamlined the process to only review twice and only enter into the system once the invoice was ready to be paid. The most enjoyable part of my job was the volume of work that needed to be processed. There was always something to do and always something new to learn. The management was wonderful in allowing us to learn so many different processes as well as having confidence that when we were given an assignment we would complete it correctly.
MasterCard is an excellent company
Vice President, Global Emerging Payments (Current Employee), Purchase, NYFebruary 17, 2015
In the payments space, MasterCard is a great place to work. There are opportunities to develop and deploy groundbreaking products. In addition, the global scope of the company presents opportunities in many geographies.

There is a strong push to bring in more "millenials" in an effort to develop an even faster paced and innovative culture. The quality of the workforce overall is quite high.
Leader in digital payments innovation
VP, Digital Convergence - Product Management (Current Employee), Purchase, NYFebruary 17, 2015
MasterCard is a leader in the digital payments innovation space including defining industry standards for interoperability and scalability.
15 years
Consultant - Project Management, Systems Analysis (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOFebruary 17, 2015
MasterCard is a fantastic company to work for as it pertains to benefits, bonuses and salary. As technology grows, the work/life balance is not as strong as it once was.
Evolving from a payments company to a technology leader
US Region Lead, Issuer and Product Marketing (Current Employee), Purchase, NYFebruary 10, 2015
MasterCard is a great place to work. The pace is fast, and the creativity flows. It's very collegial, and I work with a very talented group of people.
Great company with wonderful benefits
Program Manager (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: having to leave due to job being eliminated.
MasterCard is a wonderful place to work. Most of my days were not typical with new situations happening everyday with every client.

I worked with several high profile financial institutions, i.e., JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank, U.S. Bank. I was responsible for all of their licensing needs. The processing of licensing forms was also a responsibility by inputting client information, details and projections into the MasterCard licensing database, MPI. Portfolio sales, mergers, consolidations and platform changes were another part of the position.

I thoroughly enjoyed by job as I was able to have direct contact with my clients throughout the United States. I also work on a cross-functional team and Enterpol, aimed at tracking down illegal uses of credit cards which would or could potentially damage the MasterCard Brand. The hardest part of my job was prioritizing workload. All financial institution needed their licensing issues resolved immediately so it would not directly effect their customers' use of the MasterCard cards.

The most enjoyable to part of my job, as stated above, was the direct contact with the clients and working with a fun, energetic, friendly and devoted team of co-workers.
Busy
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee), OFallon MOJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: person i worked with.
Cons: nice working area and good pay.
Learned a lot about other countries banking. Set up new vendors in many countires. Nice working area, most people were great.
Great company
MBA Summer Associate (Former Employee), St. LouisJanuary 1, 2015
Learned all facet of payment industry
Competitive working environment
Fantastic company to work for!
Program Manager (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MODecember 2, 2014
Pros: small number of staff compared to level of business activity
Cons: limited career development opportunities
MasterCard has been recognized for fostering diversity in the work environment. The company is truly global with teams having regular interaction with other teams halfway around the world. The organizational structure is very flat allowing greater opportunity for visibility of your successes.
Average company with little growth.
Security Analyst (Former Employee), St.louis, MONovember 26, 2014
Pros: good location, snookers and ping-pong.
Cons: not much learning curve, people tend to have problems with your attire, no margin for error.
If you are a fresher or looking to start a career i would not recommend this place since there are lot of employees working there since ages who would handle most of the things which provides no scope for growth. No margin for error, do a mistake, get fired and you won't even know it until everyone else knows it.
Great Technology Company in STL
Manager (Former Employee), Ofallon, MONovember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: limited advancement if you are not in the "clique" or didn't grow up in stl
Very competitive atmosphere that folks lose sight of big picture end goal - "to build something great together".

Too much red tape (at mid mangement level) prevents work getting done and rapid delivery.

Great company for new college grads and aspiring executives. Not great for the middle level management - it sucks your soul dry.
N/A
Sr. Analyst, Account Service (Current Employee), San Carlos, CAOctober 20, 2014
Great company. Great people. Learn a lot, challenging but very fun.

1 2 3 4

About MasterCard Worldwide

Surpassing Visa in market share -- now that would be priceless. Serving approximately 22,000 member financial institutions worldwide, – Read more

MasterCard Worldwide Salaries