MasterCard Employee Reviews

Great company
Sr. Professional, Program Manager, HR Operations (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 12, 2017
Great company to work for. Great management, benefits and work life balance. Culture is comfortable and inviting. Location is ideal for those that live in Westchester, Bronx or Manhattan.
Good Place to Work
HP NonStop System Programmer (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at MasterCard. Great team, great manager - and that is tough to come by. Good opportunities for those who make the effort. O 'Fallon is a great place to live and raise a family
Very Political
Finance Leader (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 9, 2017
Depending what team you are in the environment can be very political, with the right in needed to advance but this does not apply to the whole company. Overall great CEO and company vision.
Technology Focused Payments Org
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 6, 2017
Mastercard is an exciting and innovative company, depending on where you work in the organization, one can advance quickly - however the culture is cut throat and stressful.
Pros
Competitive wages, good placement
Cons
Stressful, minimal advancement for most, low career trajectory
Current Manager
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 23, 2017
Organizational transformation currently underway and many managers and employees are unable to advance in their careers. There is a mood of selfishness among senior management and while talent management organization does exist, there is little movement done save for those managers that preserve friendships over skillset.
Pros
free coffee at headquarters
Cons
advancement opportunities minimal
Workplace Culture
GNS Product Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
In general, MasterCard is a very good place to work. The work is cutting edge and challenging. Colleagues for the most part are excellent. Benefits are way above average. Turf issues spring up from time to time, but for the most part everyone is striving to reach common goals. Promotions are far and few between, but no more or less than other large companies.
Learning experience
Associate Specialist GBSC Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 17, 2017
My day consist of answering emails, phone calls and chat providing assistance to internal and external customers. I ensure that team targets and KPIs are met and/or exceeded and support operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives.
Pros
Great benefits
very high quality of work
Global Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2017
- Was international place of work with multiples languages,
- Looks like you are everyday in a different country.
- everyday you learn something different, like culture, countries policy
ETC.....
Pros
Excellent
Cons
nothing
Very Professional.
Consultant for Maxim Group (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 12, 2017
Very professional comp[any to work for. I was under contract, but did not have any problems with working for them. Nice people. Contracts were never changed and I didn't get jerked around when it was time for my contract to be up.
Excellent Place to Work
SENIOR SYSTEMS SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 6, 2017
Good people with an understanding of work and life balance. The culture and workplace were more than excellent. Work from home options as well as travel was always balanced so that I could spend time with my family. The hardest part of working these was the commute into the office but it was definitely worth the long drive plus management was always supportive.
Productive workplace, solid leadership, poor corpculture
Sr Acct Manager, Commercial Acceptance (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 6, 2017
Difficult to advance - goals at times can be difficult to reach. Compensation and benefits are very good, but it is difficult to achieve bonuses as outlined during "goal setting" period and annual reviews.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 3, 2017
Mastercard is a fun and exciting place to work. A wonderful place that allows you to grow your knowledge and expand your experience with in the company.
Good work place
Sr.Software Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2017
Mastercard was a good company that provided challenging, aggressive work goals, with a good mix of technologies. The location was a bit far from the city.
Excellent work place
Release Train Engineer and Release Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2017
Great company to work but make sure you are permanent employee and not a contractor.
I was able to learn and apply SAFe principals and work as a RTE.
Workplace is good and allowed me flexibility to learn and further my knowledge.
Pros
lot of free time to explore and enhance your knowledge
Productive, collaborative work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work. Cooperative and collaborative work environment. Opportunity for growth and development in a supportive setting. Protocols and procedures in place make it easy to transition and cover for a co-worker.
Global Perspective
V.P., Global Strategy Integration Lead (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 15, 2017
MasterCard is a truly global company that looks to leverage learning and align business strategies across the globe, where it makes sense to do so.
The CEO has brought life and vitality, motivating employees to think strategically and maximize opportunities to grow the business.
Good work life balance
Leader/Director- Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 14, 2017
Good work life balance; Friendly workers, good company to work for at later stage of your career. For go getters young professional looking for fast career advancement not the best place to be.
I liked it
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2017
I liked it! they had beer and girls!
girls were pretty and easy to hang out! sometimes I go to my roommate room and play games!
What else you want to know!
good
Cons
not too bad
Great company
Senior Director - U.S. Corporate Products (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 1, 2017
Although I worked there prior to the company going public, my impression of the company's culture is very positive. It was a generous and balanced company with good opportunities for advancement.
Young vibrant company
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYFebruary 27, 2017
As a manager in the Executive Services Department I was involved in planning meetings and events for MasterCard both nationally and internationally. I often traveled with the job.
Pros
A friendly and professional workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasterCard. Our community is ready to answer.