MasterControl Employee Reviews

Depends on your department
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2017
Life is great in development and sales but services is burnout. Poor work/life balance, management that doesn't respect employees or the job they do, no career path, and no customer focus. Working with the clients is rewarding, but you have little support. They over-emphasize revenue and billable hours so you don't have time to go to the dentist or participate in most company activities let alone go the extra mile for customer success. They foster a toxic and demoralizing culture. The pay is pretty good, but it can be extremely stressful in the services group.

Overall the company is great. Lots of activities, fitness clubs, ping-pong tables, game/movie days, and free snacks. I wish they had training funds and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Lots of fun activities and a software company culture
Cons
It depends on your department
Great place
Administrator of internal programs (Current Employee) –  Newtown PAJuly 31, 2014
The place is actually called BioClinica, MasterControl is one of my skills
Productive and innovative company
Lead and Sales Qualifier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2014
I learned a great deal about the Life Science Industries and FDA and ISO regulations. I enjoyed my co-workers and made many life long friends. The only downfall was a new manager, who apparently did not like me.
Pros
Benefits, Events, and Income
Cons
New Manager
Great people to work with
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2013
Great people to work with, but management needs a little tuning up.
Pros
culture, work/life balance
Cons
Innovative, customer oriented, challenging work environment
Lead and Sales Qualifier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2012
I very much enjoyed working at MasterControl. It was a relaxed atmosphere. The people there were great, we were a small company and I greatly enjoyed being a part of a innovative team. We were kept up to date on the financial progress of the company and we had great company events in and out of the office.
I learned a great deal about the Life Sciences and Manufacturing industries and the regulations they must adhere to.
A typical day involved contacting potential clients to provide them with information and to create a buying relationship.
We were paid base plus commission and making sure you met the sales quota to get the top commission, was one the the challenging aspects. Also understanding the FDA Regulations and exactly what our potential customers were dealing with under those regulations as well as the information they needed to keep readily available.
Pros
wonderful comany outings.
Cons
we had a very high insurance deductible

Want to know more about MasterControl?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasterControl. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3