MasterCorp Employee Reviews in United States

great company
house keeping (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2016
great company to work for. Staff is very helping with the new hires. The resorts are beautiful so that makes them easier to clean.
Horrible Company Altogether
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 8, 2016
You get paid by how many rooms you clean a day. They do not offer no health insurance. Its more busy during the summer typically than it is than the winter but it can also equal out. At the time I worked I had to deal with a lot of supervisors that could not speak English to me so little communication but a lot of hatred and complaining going around. No break or you will lose a room. You get paid weekly.
Pros
On a good pay week you can make a lot of money
Cons
No lunch possible but they will take it out of your check, language barrier
Great Management
Dispatcher/Customer Service/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 2, 2016
Have you ever been apart of a work environment where all your managers just sit on their butt behind a computer and magically expect amazing results??

Well I haven't.

The managers here truly know what hard work is. There is a reason why they are so good at their jobs. I've been an inspector and dispatcher at this resort and I cannot remember a single day of work so far where I thought they were lazy or didn't understand how hard their employees work. They know. I've seen the manager help out housekeepers clean their rooms, take off rooms out of the inspectors lists to lessen the weight of too many rooms, pick up trash and linen with the housemen, and pull out information from the system to address questions from the front desk. They do all this while still managing all the phone call, emails, and abundant amount of requests. These managers are the real deal. They stay at a fast pace facing every issue coming their way but all the while ensuring their employees are doing well. They notice you as an individual and value who you are. Everyone who works here is so diverse but they manage to keep a friendly work environment where it feels safe and approachable. There are expectations held for you, but they'll do everything within their power to help you reach them.

The pay is good. The people are good. The work is good.
Pros
Opportunities, Coffee, Smiles, Pumped Up Energy, Occasional Celebratory Meals, Tips, Fountain Drinks
Cons
Hard Work, Fast Paced, Can Be Difficult When You First Start
Work
Lead Laundry/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 2, 2016
It is fun working with all the people. Different backgrounds. You really learn a lot from other people. The hardest part of the job is the heat.
Unprofessional
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 18, 2016
On my first day of training I started feeling sick and the next morning I called in saying that I wouldn't be able to make it but is come in on Wednesday and Thursday to do my training since I wasn't there for scheduled training day. I had to leave a voice mail because no one answered. The next morning I went to the shuttle pick up spot that brings me to Park City and no one was there because I was a couple minutes early. But then 10 minutes pass so I called two different numbers saying I was waiting and that I'd wait about 15 more minutes then I was heading home and to call me if they are coming or want me to come in on Thursday instead. Still nobody came or called me back. So I was like okay whatever I guess I'll wait until I hear from them because I'm not driving there again to wait for no one. But I never got a call asking where I was or if I was still wanting to work there. (Which I was confused on since they said they really needed new workers) and like two months later I got a call asking if I'd like to come back to work with them.
Pros
Get to keep unopened good that guests left
Cons
Pay. Hours.
I learned two valuable lessons
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 2, 2016
Mastercorp is a huge corporation and there are many challenges in running such a large, complicated organization. Considering this Mastercorp does a fairly good job at doing things. All of the people on the corporate level are extraordinary, professional, competent and more than willing to "do whatever it takes" to support the employees in the field. Unfoertunately, "in the field" is where Mastercorp fails.

It seems as though the company is in a constant state of flux. People on every level coming and going and leaving "T"s un crossed and "I"s undotted. At any given point you can call a location to discover that "so and so" doesn't work here any longer". While it might be true that the person was promoted (because Mastercorp, if nothing else is spectacular at giving individual opportunities to advance in their career), but more often the person has left the company or been transferred to another location. This really hurts consistency and continuity. It seems that nobody really knows what they are doing because there is a new Captain at the helm.

Mastercorp pays really well for loyal, hard working employees. Like I said there is potential for advancement. They recognize the value of their employees. But usually there is so much confusion that miscommunication is rampant and often misunderstandings occur even with the best intentions. Employees tend to be overworked because procedure and policy are muddled. Shrinkage of supplies and equipment is rampant. Somewhere between Corporate, First Tier Management, Second Tier Management and onsite management something falls apart.
  more... Badly.

I gave up a good salary when I left after a very short period of time. But I couldn't deal with my efforts to organize and repair that which was badly being ignored by upper management with the promise.."We just need a little time". I didn't even mind putting in 14 and 16 hour days (which, as a salaried manager, equaled less than $7 per hour, when all was said and done).

Working with Mastercorp taught me two very important things. 1. Money isn't everything and; 2. Even when someone has an OBSCENE salary, it doesn't mean they know anything. Mastercorp needs to learn that throwing money at the problem doesn't fix it.
Pros
Good advancement potential, A good operating budget, Good salary/wages.
Cons
Confusion, inconsistency, poor management, inexperienced managers, belief that money will fix everything.
Great opportunity for growth
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2016
This company is growing and expanding. Great time to be part of it and be noticed. Management has been welcoming and open to new ideas. Great decision to join.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Limited benefits package
Being a housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 17, 2016
I go get this sheet with my assigned rooms to clean, gather up towels and supplies to use for the room. i go clean them and they get checked afterwards
Pros
you make how much you want a week
Cons
how dirty the rooms are left
Felxible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMarch 9, 2016
Great people I worked with. Unfortunately it wasn't a fulltime job. One week you could be busy and the next week, not so much. Not a steady enough job for me. Very fun atmosphere though.
Pros
piece rate
Cons
not a fulltime job
High Pressure
Manager (Former Employee) –  TNFebruary 25, 2016
Good Company with solid base of business but not employee friendly. Pay is good for upper management but not for front line and middle management employees.
NO accountability
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 6, 2016
I am posting this almost a year after leaving the company. I keep seeing reviews of how good of a company it is and I just want to barf. If you don't mind working where everyone comes to work stoned and the higher ups refuse to drug test them because they are a warm body, this job is for you. There is no room for advancement, you are lucky to get a uniform top. Management cares only about their bonuses and nothing else. The one thing I learned when working with them is they don't want the rooms cleaned they want you off the clock.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
would not work for this company again
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bushkill, PAJanuary 3, 2016
working for this company was horrible.
If check out were not out I was not allowed to clock in at the scheduled times.

I would not recommend this job to family or friends.

Some of the inspectors were rude.

This company is not well managed and not organized.

The pay was horrible
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
there are no cons
job offer
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 26, 2015
Was told that I would be a housekeeper cleaning units. Came in to work, went to one unit with a trainer, half an hour, asked by management to be a houseman :( instead of 20$ a unit, 7.25 an hr. They were having trouble finding people.
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
talk alot no follow thru
Not fun
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 19, 2015
Bad place to work for have me one day of training and expected me to know everything on the second day. So they fired me only on my second because I didn't do the complete room right. Of course I'm not going to do it right, it was only my second day with no help. Oh and by the way it was a master suite.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2015
The management team was great taking decisions together to solved problems. Working more than 12 hours a day if it is necessary. Dealing with different kind of people from different cultures making them feel comfortable while they are working.
bad pay and blowing up housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 8, 2015
I worked there till recently I just resigned due to the fact no matter how hard you bust yourself, they still pay you minimum and don't even thank you when you come real early till late. Glad to have quit
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
health care, management, short housekeeper
fun and enjoyable place to work sky mountains
executive housekeeping manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MANovember 3, 2015
challenging, supportive upper management.
inspect units,train new hires
supportive upper management
team work with co-workers
short of staff
accomplish the job daily
Pros
self empower
Cons
short of staff
Work In Progress
House Keeping Common Area Person (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZOctober 19, 2015
I loved working there but management was shoddy.
Has been about a year almost two since I worked for them and lots has changed. Would consider working there again
Pros
Guests, Freedom of work ethic ie, work space and pace
Cons
Management, Work Load and Tip Stealing
It's all about favoritism
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 16, 2015
This job sucked. I was promised a promotion which the managers daughter ended up getting. You get paid 16 dollars per unit, only work 3 days a week and made to work off the clock stocking your cart.
Pros
Cons
Pay
master crop
Supervisor/Runner (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAAugust 24, 2015
maters crop is a house keeping company, I was a supervisor/runner
I did pretty much everything in the company I learned a lot, I inspected villas, check on house cleaners, I greeted guest, I cleaned villas, I drove cleaners from villa to villa. I delivered inventory to house keepers and guest. I enjoy doing house keeping working at a fast pace its something im good at.