MasterCorp

MasterCorp Employee Reviews

Poor company
housekeeper (Former Employee), GatlinburgAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay
Cons: No benefits what so ever.
Company has absolutely no benefits. If a company cares for their employees they should provide some sort of benefits. Mastercorp you need to get it into the present day and quit living in the past.
Good Pay
Runner (Current Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 3, 2015
Its the same thing day in and out but you'll always experience something different. I enjoyed meeting new people from different places, on the flip side the hardest part of my job was keeping up with new people and their demands.
Productive and fun place to work
Guest Services Representative, Housekeeping (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 27, 2015
a typical work day is always fast paced with more work available when ever the work you are assigned is complete. This is a Team playing occupation, so if you enjoy working in a team this is the job for you. the hardest part of the job is the walking, Having transportation is a great asset but not a necessity.
the best part of the job is interacting with co-workers and employers.
fun workplace that doesnt pay enough
housekeeper (Former Employee), hilton head island, scMay 17, 2015
Pros: take breaks and make new friends!
Cons: health care, pay is not enough, too much work for one person
I was employed here sometime in march, I was treated unfairly and spoken to in a rude tone by one of the supervisors. I was shocked by his behavior at the workplace. The pay is not even enough to motivate anyone to get up out of bed and come to work, i think working anywhere but here is perfect, so in turn dont work for mastetcorp in hilton head island, sc....ur wasting time and u wont make any money!!!!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: change to management every month and fairness
Cons: health care
Not to judge and to treat all employees fair and with respect, and to work as a team and to be a very hard worker dependable, and how to be able to move up in a company
Stability
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: extremely busy
A year round housekeeping company. I was given the opportunity too learn and grow. I was able to utilize my customer service skills and problem solving skills.
Unique Company
Regional Director (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Good company and very hard work. The company is made up of great people and headed in the right direction.
Housekeeper for years, this is the worst
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: can take a break when u want too
Cons: pays less then minimum wage sometimes and they forget to pay u and knock hours off your checks
They tell you your going to make alot of money doing piece rate, and then you make minimum wage and they give you way to much work... The system is designed to make the employees think they're going to make alot of money but no one ever does and it equals out to minimum wage. Managers remind me of car salesman
Overall friendly environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Hancock, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: this industry has room for growth. there's always so much more too learn.
Cons: most of the work is piece work so one day i may have one room, others 3.
A typical day at MasterCorp/Wyndham Resorts starts with catching the shuttle to work, which is greatly appreciated and then waiting for rooms to be assigned. While waiting I gather my cleaning materials and equipment and prepare for the day. I'd never done housekeeping before so everything is new. Most of my coworkers are very helpful, especially those that have been here while. The hardest part of the job for me is keeping within the 2 hour per room minimum when the rooms are completely trashed but management generally understanding, for the most part. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is looking at the finished work and having I pass inspection.
Decent workplace
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Pagosa Springs, COOctober 30, 2014
A typical work day I would grab my list of units to clean for the day and I would gather all the supplies I need for each room and put them in big bags, bring them to my car, along with sheets and cleaning supplies. I learned to work fast pace, the faster you cleaned the room the faster you could be done with your list of units and go home when your done or you can stay and clean more units to make more money. My co-workers I never talked to it was a lonely job your by yourself cleaning. The hardest part of the job was driving to each of the units taking your supplies out then having to load it right back in when going up and down the stairs in some of the bigger units. It was definitely a work out! The most enjoyable part was working at your own pace so when your done your done for the day.
Hard working and dedicated Managers
Resort Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 17, 2014
Long days as anywhere in housekeeping. Having to answer to two entities plus guest satisfaction.
Great Pay
Area Manager (Current Employee), FloridaSeptember 20, 2014
Great Training and Support Team. Upper Management and Owner always show they CARE
An okay work environment if it was really what you wanted to do.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Crossville,TNAugust 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not enough pay
Working with the company MasterCorps, Inc. as a housekeeper was okay, but not all that exciting. I have learned to cope with different problems that comes along with the job, like when the work load slows down because materials are not provided at the time to get things done. I have learned to deal with criticism by supervisors because criticism only makes me better and I know what I am doing wrong or what I need to do better. The management was pretty much good and understanding in a way. Some of my co-workers were friendly and some pretty much complained about the pay, but all in all, they were cool and understanding. The hardest part of the job; was cleaning nasty filthy rooms, but of course that was part of the job so I had to get it done either way. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was alone cleaning because there was no distractions.
Management is poor.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Branson, MOAugust 26, 2014
Cons: lack of communication
I worked my butt off for this company and the manager had the nerve to defend someone that was in the wrong, no sense of organization and lack of communication between management and employees.
A typical day
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Branson, MOAugust 13, 2014
Pros: they had a few free lunches at activities every week.
I would arrive at 9:00 am, sign in, receive my board with how many rooms I had to clean that day, then make up my cart. I would not leave to clean the rooms until after guest checkout, 10:00 am and I would clean all my rooms and then return back to housekeeping. If there were more rooms to clean, I would be given a few more and then head back out to clean again. If there were no more rooms I would ask if laundry was caught up with linen bags and if they weren't I would head over to laundry to help them with the bags. If everything was ready for tomorrow I would sign out and go home.
very bad treatment for the employes
wife of an housekeeper (Former Employee), las vegas ,nvJune 27, 2014
i never worked for this company but my husband yes
the managment dont care about employes My husband 2 weeks in advance asked for 3 days off to work in an event as a security They didnt give it to him saying that is going to be busy. my husband respected the company and go to work those days Not only it wasnt busy but they sent him home early So what was the point not to give him the day off
2 weeks later he asked to leave early the next day becuase he has an interview for another job They say No it is busy Ny husband insist but the answear was You can quit and thats what he did

is it fair that I dont think so
I posted all this on facebook Not only I didnt get the answear but they blocked me I see that they kept only reviews that give them five star
doing this doesnt change the fact how they disrespect people
fun place to work get to meet people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNJune 17, 2014
Pros: meet people
Cons: no benefits
I did laundry and clean rooms. I did linen counts and gave guests what they needed while staying at the resort
Great work place
Account Management Specialist (Current Employee), Crossville, TNJune 16, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: non
Post banking deposits, any credit memos that need to be done, run weekly/monthly reports.
Something happened to me by another employee and i told them and they did nothing to make sure i was safe
housekeeper (Former Employee), Fairfield Glade, TNJune 14, 2014
Pros: sometimes they had donuts in the am for us
Cons: never had enough supplies for the job
I was sexually assaulted by a employee and they had issues with him touching other women before he did it to me, they did nothing about it so I decided my safety was more important and decided to move to Murfreesboro. I cleaned, hardest part of the job was not having all the proper tools needed to complete my job. I like to clean ( honestly ) so I enjoyed that job.
flexibility
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 7, 2014
Work flexibility makes references wing fixation of a regular pattern of labor rights and regulations that remove barriers to hiring and firing employees by private companies and organization private.
Industry