MasterCorp Employee Reviews

Great place to work and tons of room for advancement
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 11, 2017
I started in 2010 for Mastercorp as a housekeeper. I then became a dispatcher, a supervisor, an assistant manager, and now am an Executive Housekeeper. I have been able to work at several resorts and have learned a great deal about the housekeeping industry over the years. I truly enjoy my job.
Bad company
Housekeeping Houseman. Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pagosa Springs, COMay 2, 2017
The job would be fair if your treated like a person. But, your not. Dont get your tips. Maintenance takes those or supervisors. The office people are busy watching you or there cell phones. The head of office is rude and unprofessional. The pay rate isnt fair. And you don't have time to eat. But 30 minutes come out of each day you work. Not organized. No perks. Or tips. Bottom line is management only wants yearly bonus check. Not paid for gas or time to clean guest complaints that can take to much time. Look for better company. Disappointed.
Fun place to work.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 19, 2017
The most laid back job I've worked. The employees was very nice and always smiled and enjoyed speaking with me. I've learned a lot about different cultures.
It was a great place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNApril 15, 2017
It was a great place to work. The work environment was easy going and laid back. I was able to go in and tho straight to work without complications. Also get my people skills in the mix as well as cleaning. Making a guest feel special is a great feeling
Room rates are too low for the time needed to clean them.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 28, 2017
Bosses only care about stealing your tips. They dont prep your rooms like there supposed to. I never made more than $200 a week. Horrible place to be.
Pros
Its a job for a school kid.
Cons
Pay. People. No benefits. Poor time home if there understaffed which is always
Very fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 20, 2017
It is a good place to work. Its fun simple and easy work. You set your own pace and make your own hours. The more rooms you do the more money you make. You get paid by the room. Not by the hour.
All around a fun place to work.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMarch 19, 2017
I was a supervisor for housekeeping, at a well known condo resort. Great pay, exercise, and fun job. Worked twelve hour shifts.Good job with good benefits and management to work for.
Pros
Fast paced, rewarding job.
Cons
Alot of walking.
Overall this Company is a good one to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edisto Island, SCMarch 15, 2017
Master Corp is a great company, they will give the customers good Resort service, is Comapany is also great because they will provide transportation to the employees that does not have transportation to attend the job for the days. The hospitality is great also. Management is pretty much straightforward.
Bad place to work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ILMarch 13, 2017
This place is not a nice place to work. The 2 running it treat women like idiots unless your puerto rican. They belittle and degrade there women employees unless your puerto rican or unless they can get something from you . They publicly humiliate you. This company needs a women running it not a man. The manager looks at women like theyre piece of meat
enjoyable
Lead supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 13, 2017
I loved working for mastercorp I would still be there if i did not move. The bad part is they do not transfer. I had to move due to uncontrolable cercumstances and was told I could get a transfer little did I know they made me resign
Pros
meeting new and exciting people everyday
Cons
they do not transfer
Not permanent, No advancement
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 10, 2017
Weekly pay but not worth it if you team up. Paystubs make no sense nothing matches up correctly. Management doesn't care to explain much. Bed bugs can and are a high risk issue be aware. No advancement through the company unless they like you even then that's not guaranteed. Very unorganized with lien drops etc. No consistency or consideration. Definitely not a permanent job or one you'd want to keep for long.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, Unorganized
Has a great break room
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 23, 2017
The 1 first year was a great ... Was a knowledge and growing year.... But the 2 year has not been the best , there have been changes that I think have not been for better .
Fun place
Housekeeper/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIFebruary 23, 2017
If you love to clean this is the place for you also whsts nice is you get paid by the room and pay is weekly..It is a fast paced place but everyone is alwsys friendly
Horrific place to work!!!!
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2017
The absolute worst company on the planet to work for! This terrible company should be closed ! Any positive reviews are from upper management and payed for their opinion because no normal human being on this planet could ever possibly give more than 1 star...you can't even give them zero stars though indeed!
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company!
ZERO STARS!!! Do not even bother to apply.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeFebruary 11, 2017
Mastercorp had a job fair in Poinciana, Florida last year. It was through careersource. They hired me for housekeeping along with some other ladies.

We showed up and filled out an I9 gave our id and license. They were going to call me with a start date.

I followed up with a Phone call a week later and was told they were having a meeting about it. I never heard from them again!!

I ran into two other ladies who got hired with me and they said the same thing.

Sounds like a scam. They don't even pay hourly. They pay by the number of villas you clean.

They were unprofessional like other reviewers said. Also unethical. The whole time I was waiting for a start
Date I could have been working somewhere else.

They wasted my time!!

Mastercorp, shame on you. What was that ?!!!
Pros
Cons
Lying unprofessional scammers. See above.
Alot of work!
Houseman/Carpet Techician (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 3, 2017
I had a great experience working here. They always had plenty of work. Altough the pay could be better for the amount of work it's still not a bad place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked
Long hours with little compensation. Poor work/life balance
Executive housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNFebruary 2, 2017
The companies top level management team is one of the best i have been associated with. The lower management team unfortunately is not always the same and are unfortunately are more concerned with themselves over the company and employees.
Pros
Top management
Great employees and atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 1, 2017
I worked 6 to 8 hours a day cleaning condos. We would team up and become a team to get the condos cleaned faster. The management was great and made sure we always got extra rooms to make more money. The most enjoyable part of my job would of been the others i worked with. The hardest part of the job would of been pushing the cleaning carts from buildings especially in bad weather, I learned that obs get done faster with a team.
Pros
The bonus
Cons
The distance
Crazy way of doing things.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 17, 2017
You start off with a check in the hole. Then if you work five days, the pay doesn't match with your weekly report and pay rate. They were taking days from me to make my weekly report look like I worked 3 days or less.
Pros
30 minutes to an hour lunch breaks
Cons
Managers that take advantage of leadership
Fue una escuela para mi
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando y tenessisJanuary 14, 2017
Es muy buena compañía ,tiene muy buenos venirlo me retire de la compañía por problemas personales tengo dos menores y soy madre soltera y tengo en este país un año nada más
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Nada

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasterCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7