Mastercuts Employee Reviews in United States

decent location?
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed working with different types of people, I believe this company should have a manager and decent training's offered to employees who are willing to learn.
Pros
working alone most of the time, relaxing environment
Cons
no breaks, no coverage, no manager, no growth, no trainings
Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 21, 2016
Great company to work for. There were constant contests to win prizes which raised moral to make it fun to work there. Great area supervisor. Great incentives. There was always room for advancement, growth within the company.
Wasnt so happy here
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 17, 2016
The pay was pathetic for the amount of work you had to do. The benefits were too expensive. Never enough stylist to fill a shift so you would always be overworked.
supportive manager and teacher
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKApril 25, 2016
Working at MasterCuts was truly a joyful experience. I learned so much from the manager and she was so kind and encouraging. Definitely recommend to incoming hairstylist, the staff is fun and the hours aren't too bad!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
hair gets all over you
mastercuts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLApril 2, 2016
this was a fun place to work at. Stylists become like family to you, and often times there will be multiple people willing to help you with your hair at once.
productive, will lose weight
manager/hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 10, 2016
Greet customer's perform following tasks; scissor clipper perming coloring highlighting eybrow waxing, and recommending retail to clients needs.
Pros
get paid commission
Cons
work every weekend and holiday
Working for MasterCuts at the time was very exciting and rewarding,
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 22, 2016
I over all enjoyed working for the company they had a lot of incentives. They was a big over turn with regional managers. But always room for growth opportunities.
Fun work environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 12, 2016
The company would pay for classes to keep us updated on new styles or techniques. Fun work environment for those who like competition.
Mastercuts
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 12, 2016
It is a great job for recent graduate hair stylists. A typical day is using all your skills on customers and being able to be creative.
Amazing job opportunity
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 25, 2016
Loved working with the staff and loved our clients that came into our salon. On good days we would be busy from open to close. We encourage each other when we would have competition within the salon.
Pros
Loved the coworkers
Cons
location
Good place to start out, but not to stay.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 3, 2015
Not much room for growth, and very hard quotas to reach. Staff was very clique-ie. Very hard to make more than minmum wage. Hours were consistent though, its a good place for the hobby hairdresser, but not career driven one.
Fun place to start out as a new Cosmetologist
Hair stylist (Current Employee) –  Big Flats, NYSeptember 20, 2015
Mastercuts is a great starter into the cosmetology career, unfortunately the company is all about the numbers and making money. You are not able to take your clients with you when you leave, so you should keep that in mind. Other than that I love working here, and my manager is great!
Pros
Fun work enviorment
Cons
Numbers oriented
I loved my co workers and my clients
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 24, 2015
The job was stressful all by it's self there was no room for growth and the management was very sad. There was always new management. I worked for Regis for at least 4 years and when I applied for management I was denied the position for no particular reason and someone from the outside was giving the position. The Regional manager rarely came in and when she did it would bring alot tension between workers. I loved the people that I worked with as stylists and when we did not a have a in store manager we worked well as a team to make it work for us as far as scheduling and anything else that needed to be done. They never offered raises what so ever or rewards for their workers.
Regis is a wonderful company to work for
STYLIST & MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 1, 2015
I worked for regis corperation most of my career as a stylist and enjoyed every min of it the training is exceptional and the uper management really knows there stuff they are encouraging and go out of there way to make sure the clients in there salons get the best experiences possible.
Pros
great training
Cons
having to be on your feet all day
Horrible Company
Stylist/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 15, 2015
Repetitive days, low pay, unappreciated by management, horrible benefits. They keep you right under full time so you can't get benefits. They also play favorites, it was like being in high school all over again.
Best Job I've ever had!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 9, 2015
My manager was the best. I loved every aspect of my job, maybe not the aching body after work! The management team was indescribable. They were not only leaders but positive role models.
amazing salon to work for just out of beauty school
stylist (Former Employee) –  queensbury, NYJune 27, 2015
Mastercuts is a great salon to work for when you are new to the job field and just out of beauty school. They are patient and willing to teach you things you may not have learned in school or have never experienced before. The pay is ok for just starting out., Discounts are amazing and the staff is great.
Pros
clientele, work atmosphere, great STARTER salon
Cons
no pay raises, no commission on anything, not much room for change in company as far as education, doing different things within the company
it is a fun place to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 17, 2015
They don't work with out of school students they promised to help me learn more and they never did. I was out of cosmetology school in 2009 went to work for this company and they we not very helping helping me to learn more about the cosmetology careers.
Pros
Cons
they aren't helpful
High Ups
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 15, 2015
the management above store managers was horrible. she was always talking about someone somewhere else. never happy, even when bring salon out of the hole by 20k. Work environment was great, the workers where great. the computer system was ok.
Meeting lots of new people on a daily basis
Cosmotologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 16, 2015
Men, Women and child haircuts, Color formulation, highlights (caps and foils). Inventory on all products, waxing, conditioning treatments, answering phones, booking appointments stocking / ordering all products and color, perms. Helping out wherever needed in the Salon.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very small pay; always had to have a second job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mastercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9