Position reports to the President/C.O.O. and is primarily responsible for assisting in the sales and marketing of Masterpiece Living (MPL). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: develop and implement sales and marketing tools; interface with all leads and turn those leads into new accounts; keep current records of all leads and prospects as required by ML; meet predetermined annual sales goals; and assist and collaborate with other marketing staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Possesses complete working knowledge of Masterpiece Living products and how they benefit the customer.
- Assists in the development of an annual marketing plan to generate interest (leads) about Masterpiece Living in the senior/active adult housing industry. This will include various lead generation techniques i.e. advertising, direct mail and telephone solicitation, public relations, customer referrals, networking events, etc.
- Targets different audiences and events for public speaking opportunities to educate them on Masterpiece Living and generate interest
- Produces monthly report on leads/sales activity
- Works with President/C.O.O. and staff to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities for new products/applications and works with President/C.O.O. to expand the market for Masterpiece Living.
- Records all customer contact information for follow up.
- Assists with developing community relations marketing plans through seminars and other communication methods.
- Maintains ongoing awareness of competitions actions.
- Interacts with all leads whether provided through advertising, public relations, referral, or personal contact to turn those leads into new accounts through the use of professional selling skills.
- Meets or exceeds predetermined annual sales goals.
- Social media coordination. Duties may include cultivating new communities and managing branded online communities on the company’s behalf using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media.
- Responsible for setting up social media accounts and maintaining daily activity. The account manager will influence customer behavior across new media channels, analyzing client-initiated conversations and advising team as necessary. Additional duties include developing content for posting on all designated social media outlets, monitoring online competitor presences/perceptions, researching new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, reporting “chatter” and other relevant online data, and maintaining posting schedules.
- Provides technical input to ad agencies and media.
- Directs, organizes, coordinates and assists in planning of special events (prospect social functions).
- Provide input for advertising, all collateral campaigns, PR and advertising costs/schedules.
- Initiates ideas to generate additional contracts for ML.
- Has the freedom to travel extensively.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree in Public Relations/Communications or related field, Masters Degree preferred
2. An expert in sales and marketing (a minimum of 5 years sales and marketing experience) with a proven track record, supervisory experience
3. A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and/or operations in the senior housing field (Executive Director, Director of Sales)
4. Knowledge of the senior living field and the issues facing seniors today and in the future
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
o Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, speaking the primary language of the customers.
o Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
o Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
o Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Adept in making presentations to groups large and small.
o Comfortable selling to a wide range of individuals/positions: high level executives (PRESIDENT/C.O.O.’s, COO’s, Owners, etc.), Executive Directors, department heads, residents, family members, and industry experts.
o Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
o Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Ability to use email and the Internet. Ability to use Salesforce, a client tracking and design software.
o Effective sales, leadership and presentation skills.
o Exceptional skills in customer service, oral and written communication.
o Ability to problem solve in an effective manner to manage staff.
o Detail oriented and excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with community management, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Manages people effectively by taking responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services.
o Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.