Higher Level Mathematics Tutor
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a Mathematics related field.
MASTERs Plus Tutoring Program is seeking an experienced higher level mathematics teacher for our Homewood location. This position is responsible for tutoring clients in Higher Level Mathematics including but not limited to Geometry, Algebra I and II, Trigonometry, Pre Calculus, Calculus and Statistics.
This position requires evenings and at least one weekend day.
Candidates must have availability during Monday through Friday between 4pm-8pm.
If you do not have the availability please do not apply.
- Tutors clients in Geometry, Algebra I and II, Trigonometry, Pre Calculus, Calculus and Statistics.
- Conducts client academic assessments.
- Uses creative methods in teaching approach.
- Completes written reports.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a mathematics related field. A secondary endorsement in mathematics is preferred but not required.
- Ability to organize, analyze and present knowledge or materials related to courses taught.
- Must be able to adapt to various learning styles.
- Must be able to motivate students who are experiencing academic difficulties.
- Strong motivational and communication skills and adaptability to shifting priorities so that a positive working and learning environment are assured.
- Must be caring, reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a professional customer service orientation attitude at all times with parents, students’, members of the community and organization staff.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
NO PHONE CALLS OR VISITS PLEASE