Masterson Personnel Employee Reviews in United States

Easy employment
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Arden HillsMarch 21, 2016
I like the position that I was assigned to in this company but wage and job security could be a tad better in my opinion. I believe if there was more security and benefits, there would not be such a big turn over rate with temporary employees.
Pros
Easy job placement
Cons
Wage
varies
LABORER (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNDecember 1, 2015
work varies from job to job and one must be a fast learner. I worked as a die cutter and as a machine attendant as well as CNC Lathe. I have active status as an employee, but have not worked there in a long time.
Pros
fair honest work, good people, weekly pay
Cons
no job culture, hard to get hired on permanently
Wasn't there very long
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 15, 2016
Masterson is a temp to hire position. I was positioned at Jack Links Beef Jerky. Not a horrible place to work by any means.
It was a job. I was happy to be employed.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 10, 2015
I arrived in the morning & received my work assignment from my senior management member. I proceeded to troubleshoot & problem solve different production as they came up to my best abiility.
learned many skills
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 4, 2016
I learned how to do many skills while performing work duties for this company. meeting new people and making sure the job duties are perform well.
Pros
one hour breaks
Cons
healthcare
Best boss a person could ask for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2012
I had, for my time at Masterson Personnel, the distinct pleasure of working directly for the VP of Metro Sales (who's name they have asked me to leave out). She was, by far, the most accomplished, driven, successful woman that I have been fortunate enough to work for in my entire career. Patient yet motivating, she gave freely of her time and expertise, and taught me more about selling in 16 months than I have learned in my 15+ years in the industry. Truly, young salespeople, do not miss the opportunity to work for Masterson Personnel if, for no other reason, to expand your knowledge and skills under the tutelage of this amazing woman.
Pros
flexibility, true self-management, money making potential, great leadership.
Cons
strained relationships between sales and operations (not uncommon for the industry)
A lot of options
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNOctober 21, 2015
Where do you want to work and when?
Match personalities and skills with job postings
A day at this job, or 6 months? That is fine
Staffing coordinators work well with the staff
Pros
On site contact, most shifts, most jobs
Fun, fast, and challenging work environment.
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MinnesotaDecember 15, 2014
Customer Service:
Serve as initial point of contact for the program.
Provide customer with timely and periodic status updates of their loan application.

Customer Intake and Data Entry:
Collect required documentation from applicants and follow up on missing items.
Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records or other documents for recurring internal reports.

File System Management:
Assured that all customer files are complete and in compliance with regulatory agencies and internal policies.
Ensured customer privacy, security of files and appropriate staff access.

Administrative Support:
Prepared commitment letters, denial letters and cancelled files when necessary.
Maintained pipeline report and notified management of status as needed.
Processed the documents received for each file, verifying the accuracy and completeness of each document.
Prepared fund request documents for wiring funds to closing.
Pros
i enjoyed helping clients with one of their major purchases of their lives.
Cons
it did not turn into permanent placement.
I was a Staffing consultant and did a lot of hiring and interviewing.
On-Site Manager for North Star Foods (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 22, 2014
I loved working for this company. I learn so much on how to select people for the positions that we were offering. Also I got to know closely with our clients. The only thing was the management that I was working did not get a long with me, so we had are differences. But ever thing else was excellent.
Pros
i had the opportunity to advance.
Cons
working with different ideas that was not respected.
It was a wonderful experience, assist families during the holiday season.
Bell Ringer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 17, 2013
This job is seasonal and does not offer a lot of compensation. But it does offer an experience that will up-lift humanity. During my employment with Masterson, I was a bell ringer for the salvation army. It was very heart warming to see how humanity will or can come together to help someone else during the holiday season who are need. This job shows that people still care about other people. Not to mention the some kindness that was shown towards me as their employee, by the customers. Only this is, I wish this was done all year long instead of just at Christmas.
Pros
not enough hours, and the job is only seasonal.
Cons
it's not all year long.
Dishonest company. Terrible Management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  IL.April 14, 2013
You will work a minimum of 70 hours per week and that is not including being on call 24/7. You are expected to eat s**t, smile and say you like it. If you are not sleeping with the Area Manager, V.P. of sales or VP of operations you will be fired. Branch manager that was fired for being drunk on the job was re-hired and his replacement was fired to give the job back to him. Stay away from this company either as an internal employee, temporary employee or a business that is looking to use temporary employees. They create more problems than solve. If you decide to go with them, good luck! You will spend and waste more money than you will earn using this company.
Cons
everything
Productive and okay
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 27, 2014
My job as a temp employee for Masterson, was not the best but I got the experience I wanted and of course I'm always opened to learn more. Management is okay at times. The people (co-workers) that I work with are amazing. its makes the day go by faster. they're all hard working and focused people. The hardest part of the job would be nothing really. but I can say probably trying to interpreter for others when there are loud machines running and basically your raising your voice. The most enjoyable part is, for me everything I enjoy my job all the time.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Started off well, but after 8 months, management changed for the worse.
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 23, 2012
Had a great recruiter, but after I was let go for no fault of my own. My recruiter took my statement, and I was awarded unemployment comp. She was eager to help me find another job, but mysteriously let go herself.
Pros
granted me holiday pay, even when i forgot to follow protocol. was grateful for that.
Cons
assignment position took away our breaks, and good management was replaced with bad, when the company restructured.
fun and enjoyable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 29, 2012
A typical work night was a 11 hour shitf,(3rd) I learned to work with non english speaing workers on a assembly line vary well the management was fun to work with my co-works was easy to work with the only hardest part of the job was getting use to the 3rd shift the most enjoyable part was learing new things on the job.
Pros
internet use during breaks.
Cons
vary short breaks.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNNovember 18, 2013
Ensured that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly sales call.

Maintain an awareness of all promotions in cable, phone and Internet service.

Provided customer service during an average of 100 calls per day by answering customer inquiries, solving problems and providing new product information.
Pros
love the commission
Cons
they laid-off every year
A reilable place to find work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, wiMay 23, 2015
Always helped me find a job. Even if it was only temporary and the staff where very helpful and polite. I was sent to different types of jobs primary Factory or Warehouse jobs production lines/general labor.
wasnt steady work
Production Worker/ Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 28, 2013
this was a great company when i first started back in 2009 they had very good recruiters but it went under new management which they were sending you to under payed job assignments were u had to take do to you had to pay bills..
Pros
co- workers
Cons
pay hours always was a problem
line worker
line worker (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 7, 2014
A typical day a masterson personnel is a fast pace job were you got to me quick and not slow everyone down. Everyday is different so you got to come prepared to start work. What I learned at masterson personnel is great communication with all my coworkers on any given day and management was great easy going and helpful.
Loud working environment
Labor worker/Cashier/Merchandise sorter (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 11, 2014
The hardest park of the job is standing nine hours straight.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short launch and long hours
Order Picking / Production
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 18, 2013
The company is very disorganized as far as when and where employees are starting. Working in production all of the temporary employees came into the lobby in the morning and waited until they were told to go to work and where they would be going for the day. Often times they would not have enough work to place everyone for the day or the week even and many employees would be sent home.

Working as an Order Picker was much more of a secure job. Employees were rarely sent home due to lack of work load. Our supervisors would always be sure to keep us busy doing something.
Pros
friendly people, clean building, friendly staff
Cons
not always work to be done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masterson Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9