Masterson Staffing Employee Reviews

find work fast
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 12, 2017
They are quick to find you work but it is very temporary nothing that will last very long. I have worked several temporary positions with them that lasted only a few weeks at a time and nothing longer. It has been so bad that I showed up at a job only to be told that I was not needed on the job.
Pros
Fast work
Cons
very temporary
Good place for temporary work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Webster, WIFebruary 28, 2017
This place was great for temp work and decent pay. I would recommend this place for retired or displaced workers. The people working there were very nice and professional.
Warehouse Receiving (Former Employee) –  wabasso mnNovember 20, 2016
Work is always busy, but the day goes by fast. Ive learned a lot about warehouse work from when i started til now. The coworkers are great people. Hardest part about work was having to train new workers.
Great Work Place
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNNovember 10, 2016
Masterson staffing is a great company to work for. They treat their employees really well. They are willing to work with you when you need time off. They are a family owned company and you can feel that the way the runt he company.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not challenged enough
Good temporary agency
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 18, 2016
Good temp agency when jobs are available. They don't always have something for someone who does not have the means of transportation to go out of town.
Cons
Not always jobs available
Decent place to work through
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 30, 2016
they are pretty good about finding jobs for people and i barely was ever without work and the staff members are nice and courteous people. and i would work through them again
Horrible place to work.
Masterson Employee (Former Employee) –  Greater MinneapolisAugust 29, 2016
Horrible company to work for. The Masterson Family does not want to be distrubed despite being a "family owned company" The leadership is awful. Glad I left while I had a chance. Never seen a company treat their employees so bad. That trickles down to how the temps are treated. Masterson simply does not care about their own employees.
Don't expect much
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 27, 2016
Worked for Masterson for almost a year and only received a$.25 raise. Was not offered a full time position because I was going to school. They worked more hours then I could going to school that is why. Pay was every week . Management was a joke within Aveda. Masterson didn't what was going on in the warehouse.
Pros
Paid every week, health benefits were adequate
Cons
Short breaks, management, pay
Nepotism at it's finest
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2016
It's like the coach picking his own kid to be quarterback when he stinks at football. Good old boy atmosphere, intimidation, favoritism. You have a personal life? You won't anymore. They track you through emails, browsing history, and GPS. Closed door meetings, impromptu terminations, getting shuffled around to various offices at a whim, change of hours, no regard for your family, only theirs. The 'inner' circle come and go as they please, 3-4 week vacations, hang out with the owners, if you're not in the club, you are an outsider and left out. A diminutive minion, so to speak. Keep looking.
Pros
nice offices overall
Cons
See above
it is inconsistent
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2016
The inconsistency is bad and the pay for most of the jobs is low but the customer service and communication is alright they try and keep you working for the most part
discounts on products where i worked
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2016
low pay, we worked hard and hours were crazy we worked too hard for the low pay we received, sldfgioaEGNIRGNIPUqenrgjiopNQEROPGNJAELRJ;KFGMel;krgmlth
Pros
discounts on flowers/Halloween costumes
Cons
low pay for alot of work
I was a Server
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 17, 2016
Good place to work, was tiring at times due to the amount of standing, but it payed well and you got to work with your friends.
Productive work area
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 7, 2016
Usually don't have a hard time at work just getting to know new ideas and machinery that what i can say is a hard part , co worker sometimes are nice some are mean but i don't let that affect my job cause i'm there to make my way to the top,
Pros
free food some days
Cons
Sometimes have short breaks than casually
not kid friendly or flexable
Medical assembler (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNJanuary 29, 2016
It was good pay but not really what i was looking for. they had weird and early hours. Also the temporary company i was working with threw Masterson wasn't very structured or organized. it had it positives such as pay and getting out early. Most people were friendly. Everyone got holiday bonus but temporary workers.
Pros
High pay, simple, and learning alot.
Cons
short breaks, early hours, and unorganized.
office work
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 29, 2015
low wages, not enough challenging positions, accessibility is mediocre, too lengthy of a wait on start time for positions, no incentives, needs higher wages for contract work.
Pros
accessibility mediocre
Cons
low pay wages, no flexible hours, different management, not enough available positions
temp job
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 16, 2015
there isnt benefits what so ever, you can lose youre job for just going to the bathroom, or even to go pray for 5 minutes. you have to ask to use the bathroom, not the best work envirmonet
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WI.August 3, 2015
This is a company to work for, I have worked them for over a year off an on. If they had longer lasting assignments I wouldn't be looking for a job
Pros
pay check
Cons
no long assignments
Culture needs to change
Employee (Current Employee) –  FridleyJuly 30, 2015
The ops manager is creating an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. People are afraid for their jobs every day. Management treats people unfairly and they promote favoritism. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to get a job here.
Excellent Tempoary staffing company
Executive Assistant/Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2015
As an HR Director I used Masterson myself.
As an employee Masterson has been very good to me. Only recently have they had so few positions to offer because of my salary requirements and due to my overall experience level.
Pros
Until this past year regular assignments
Cons
No guarantee of positions or benefits
Southeast Service Cooperative is a fabulous place to work!
Temporary Staffing Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 9, 2015
SSC was voted one of the best places to work, four years in a row!

They pride themselves on their work-life balance, and employee wellness.
Pros
flexible hours, ability to work from home, wellness outings, a workout room, and ergonomic work areas for all employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masterson Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8