The primary purpose of this position is to call on commercial and industrial customers along with identifying service partners in providing a value added solution. The incumbent is responsible for meeting with customers to discuss their needs regarding general conditions, repairs, upgrades, parts, and major modifications. Have the ability to develop multiple relationships in the customer’s organization; including facility manager, project managers, project engineers, and purchasing. Additionally, this position is in charge of preparing proposals as needed and performing project management functions as needed. The incumbent’s duties may also include growing aftermarket sales and opportunities and assisting representatives with sales. In addition, he/she must know the activity level of competitors in the given region. This position is responsible for meeting booking/revenue numbers and MBO for the quarter and the year. The successful incumbent will be able to inspire and lead representatives and associates. A clear sense of urgency and direction is also strongly desired. Furthermore, the successful incumbent will be able to communicate well with cross-functional sales team, associates, engineers, and customers to gain a first-hand feel for the business.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with the representatives.
- Actively pursue key accounts.
- Work with the cross-functional sales team to maximize sales in the given territory.
- Work with the proposal manager to properly communicate customer requirements.
- Develop strategies for quoting opportunities and working with customers, including setting pricing levels.
- Contact and meet with customers to discuss all of the aspects of proposals and close opportunities.
- Inspect cooling towers as needed; travel to support other Regional Sales Managers as necessary
- Prepare and send to corporate requests for proposals
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation to commensurate with such experience.
- Immediate accrual of vacation time and paid holidays.
- Health insurance provided.
- Company provided credit card, laptop, vehicle, camera
- Report s directly to the VP of Sales
- Bachelors Degree is preferred, however, not required, notably in Engineering or another technical field.
- 2-7 years of sales experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC/cooling towers is helpful.
- Aftermarket or distributor sales (representative management) experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Willingness to travel at least 50 percent of the time.
- High energy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-disciplined.
Indeed - 20 months ago