Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Substitute Teaching can be difficult but also very rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Matanuska Susitna Valley and Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2013
Substitute teaching begins everyday with first ensuring that I know the location of the particular school where I am expected. I learned to quickly read all teacher instructions and determine student schedules before the students arrived in the morning. This dynamic position requires quick thinking, the ability to remain calm while maintaining a positive demeanor in the classroom.
The administrative/management team of each school was different. Some schools were very kind and accommodating to Substitute Teachers while others were dismissive and rude. The hardest part of my job was not having anyone to rely on for help with either a difficult student or a confusing situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was providing a vital service to the Anchorage and Mat-Su communities.
Pros
it is very rewarding to work in the public school system
Cons
difficult to learn daily classroom routines each morning
Productive and educational environment
Student Laborer (Former Employee) –  Palmer, AKJuly 13, 2013
We worked very hard and learned very quickly and fast paced. It was overall a good experience that I enjoyed.
Pros
education
Cons