Match Marketing Group Employee Reviews

very physical!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 4, 2017
Some heavy lifting, but all the bending and crouching is what got me. Super inconsistant hours, 0-50, almost always over 8 hour days. Low play, but team work was great
Pros
nice people, team work
Cons
everything else
Productive but time consuming
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2017
Plan to spend 10-12 hours per shift during a cosmetic reset. Very physical but I learn a lot about the cosmetic merchandising industry.
Be prepare to bring some tools and learn to work on your own even though you are part of the team. This is a true merchandising job where you move product off the wall and move cosmetic fixtures from the studs of the wall to replace with new ones.

The teams I worked with are hard working people.
However, some team members are very cliquish and make new retail merchandisers not feel part of the team.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Pay rate should be higher
great job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OTRSeptember 8, 2017
loved working for this company, best job yet. did not plan on leaving but was lied on by some jealous co workers. you got to see the states, work, and made good money.
I enjoyed working there they flew me around to work in different work cities and put me up in very nice accomidations. The pay was ok an
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 31, 2017
The work was not hard it was fun sometimes depending on your supervisor and co-workers. It was fast paced and we all pitched in and did the work together. We took regular breaks and were able to come back to work energised
Bad company, beware
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2017
Won't pay on time. Won't pay over time. No one will answer calls. They will work you 12 plus hours no overtime. Horrible pay for mileage and driving. No pay within 30 miles. That means 60 miles on your car and hour in the car unpaid! Beware
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Fun & interesting workplace
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 11, 2017
Match Marketing group has very flexible hours. Their employee compensation is very good. The management is very easy to communicate and get a long with.
Fun
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 19, 2017
typical day ,at work was making sure you have everything you need before you get to you're job project you wanna get in get out . I learn how to read labels , read mods' management was good they'll help you thru problems if you didn't understand ,was always there to help you. workplace was great. The hard is the paper work must be completed sent off the same day. Most enjoyable working alone
terrible
Product Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MNJune 7, 2017
you are given few instructions, are lucky to get merchandise on time, they expect alot. I only worked for them once. The job took much longer than they said it would and took forever to get paid. They waited a year to get my W2 to me!!!!!
Absolutely Love My Job At Match
STL (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLMay 27, 2017
I enjoy my job with this company everyday i work. I was promoted to an STL within a year and i look forward to what promotional opportunities will come. My manager does an amazing job comminicating with me and i have never had an issue with getting my Pay or DT/ Mileage when applicable. There are slow seasons, but i find if you are willing to travel (which is compensatabale and other options) u can keep yourself pretty busy. I hope to make a career with Match
Pros
Easy going, competitive pay, promotional opportunities
Cons
No benefits, low pay, hours not consistent
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Central Island, FLMay 22, 2017
In a nut shell, it may be good for someone who wants extra hours during the early AM, at a low pay. Although, during the interview process you are offered fulltime hours. That will not be the outcome once you start. DM need to be more professional/efficient, emails goes unanswered, shows favoritism to veteran merchandiser. They get the bulk of the hours. To get mileages reimbursement is almost impossible. Payroll, you only get pay for one week worth of work each Pay period....not realistic for anyone with a family and financial obligations....
Pros
maybe extra part time hours
Cons
No health care, low pay, hours under 30 weekly
May 27, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to discuss your comments with you if you are available as our positions are considered as needed and the recruitment staff should be clearly describing the positions as such. Projects do vary from 1 to 40 hours per week and also for different periods of time.

I would also like to understand further who your Area Manager is because we have a policy that emails and phone calls are responded to within 24 hours of receipt. With regard to payroll, each pay period is for a 2 week period so I would like to review your schedule and payments with you.

Again, appreciate the feedback and am looking forward to speaking to you to understand your experience further.

Love all my jobs
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 16, 2017
I love all my jobs

this one, i do not recognize

it would not let me bypass - had to fill this out to continue
the application

Looking forward to talking with you soon
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
May 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing! I am glad your employment experience has been a positive and enjoyable one. Stay tuned for new incentive programs coming and easier scheduling and reporting.

Dawn Black, Director of Human Resources

Nice steady work, bad compensation
Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 2, 2017
Nice work, easy. Not much stress. Advancement within company possible for the right person. When I worked there you did not get compensated for the travel time or your paperwork time. (example, I would have 20 stores in my portal, basically 20 hours, but with transportation and paperwork time I would spend 10 hours a day and get paid for maybe 4 hours)
May 20, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to discuss this in further detail with you to review your compensation and that proper time was paid. Dawn Black, Director of Human Resources

Learned how to build more complex resets in cosmetics dept.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2017
work day would involve me going to a assigned store to work on a section with planogram myself or usually with one or more people. Work at this company was various projects that would be available each week. So there wasn't a set schedule each week like at Acosta. The workplace culture was comfortable for the most part. It wasn't too stressful. I didn't really get to know much about management. I just dealt with my Area Manager through email and the phone. The hardest part of the job was working on a big cosmetic reset out of town and driving home pretty tired. Our manager would tell you about extra work you could choose to do. I liked that part of this job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
had to send in paperwork after you got home
May 11, 2017

Thank you for the great feedback. We are moving towards an easier scheduling system and reporting will be faster and easier.

May 20, 2017

Thanks for sharing. Our projects vary from blitz, resets, to some continuity work. We just launched a new scheduling and reporting system so it should make creating your schedule easier and seeing the types of assignments available. Thank you for your hard work and willingness to travel and work long hours when we need you. Much appreciated,

Fast paced
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIApril 30, 2017
Reset cosmetic displays for major companies
How to work quickly
Helpful management
Workplace is diverse
Replacement orders
Resetting the cosmetic displays
Good work if you live in a place for opportunities
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, LAApril 17, 2017
I was hired for like 2 months before I even had a job with them. Have to check the portal for opportunities in the area. Where i lived there was nothing. Not dependable. They will call you if something didn't go right according to plan. Never meet your bosses, Everything done by email or cellphone. Whenever there was work I enjoyed doing it.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
No opportunities if you live in a certain area
April 20, 2017

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I would love to speak with you in more detail. As you may know we are switching scheduling systems to make the selection and receiving of assignments much easier for our staff members.

Most of our positions are considered "as needed" and work assignments are based on what becomes available in an individual's area. Some areas are heavier than others. If this was not explained to you during your call with our Recruitment Team, I do sincerely apologize and will address the matter. We are not intentionally misleading anyone and this could have been an oversight on our part. If so, my sincerest apologies. We do encourage all staff members to check their portals bi weekly as new jobs are entered all the time.

I will take your feedback and inform our management team of the concerns that you expressed. I will also review any add placements to ensure that we are indicating most of the merchandiser positions are considered as needed and the assignment work flow fluctuates based on client needs and by retailers or brands.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and if you would like to speak with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dawn.black@matchmg.com or you may call me at 866-249-6128.

Warmest Regards,

Dawn M. Black

Fun place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 13, 2017
Very fun company to work for, however, I was never home. I always traveled. That is why I quit. The people I worked for though were very fun and energetic. Good place to work if you don't have a spouse or kids.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Travel
Company will work you into the ground
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 11, 2017
Company will work you into the ground. No backfill plans to train anyone the delegate work to in order to help you ascend to a new role within the company. Promoted twice and expected to still do my original responsibilities in addition to the new responsibilities.
April 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you to learn more details and assist in how we can resolve any issues or concerns that you may have. We value all of our team members and are here to assist with any and all issues.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

What It Is Like To Work At Match Marketing
Human Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 30, 2017
Match Marketing is growing and it is truly rewarding to come to work on a daily basis and get to be part of such a great team. We are innovated and it is a great culture. The employees are amazing!
Pros
Great Benefits, Rewards, and Recognitions
Cons
I have no Cons at this time
A great place to grow your skills and find out that you are awesome!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 1, 2017
I learned so much with this company, honing my skills in retail merchandising and becoming aware of my own talents. This company is awesome, it works with you. The management is spectacular, they are more than willing to help assist you with anything and the scheduling is great. The hardest part of this job may be the traveling one may do, but if you like traveling, this job is going to become your career!
Was okay
Merchandiser - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2016
Typical day was doing a reset in a King Soopers, mostly in the Denver Metro Area (where I live in). It was a different king soopers daily, and hours were from 6 AM to whenever the team finished the reset.
Pros
was okay.
Cons
pay was a little low, no health insurance, seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6