Match.com

Match.com Employer Reviews

Some of the co workers were nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mendota HeightsMarch 22, 2014
I would first sit down punch in take calls I learned that everyone needs love some of the managers were nice the co workers were okay the hardest part was hearing from older people be shamed out of there money
Good Salary
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2013
Okay place to work. Hours were good. Spent a lot of time on computer checking emails from customers and also checking pictures sent in with their profiles. Managers were not much help. No real training provided. Learned my job from my co-workers.
from startup to global dominance in two decades
marketing (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 13, 2013
Pros: free bagel fridays, great benefits, comped accounts for single employees
the online dating and personals industry has given me plenty of challenges, but also literally hundreds of love stories, birth announcements, wedding invitations and so on. No matter how hard my day is, I know someone out there is finally happy because we've helped that person find love.
Fun workplace if you can find the time to enjoy it.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free gifts from the company.
Cons: short breaks, micro management
Great place to work for, the extra benefits such as monthly happy hour, bonus's and free gifts makes this an enjoyable place.
Awesome place to work at
Senior Application Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2012
Pros: great benefits, very bright team of technologists and managers, latest technologies being used, challenging projects that help you learn and grow
Cons: none. sereiously - none!!
Match.com is in my opinion one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The benefits are great and management is really good. The team that I work with is a group of very bright and brilliant folks led by equally capable architects and managers.

I would recommend this company to anyone any day :).
Not a job for the sensitive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 18, 2012
The hardest part was getting yelled at by customers who were not happy for whatever reason. The best part was being able to help one of our customers with the issue they called in about. Having a customer say, "Thank you for helping me" was worth getting yelled at in the beginning of the call.
No Long Term Prospects
Associate Manager, Internet Marketing (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: no growth opportunity, job instability, poor management
Company employs some smart people, but the overall culture is still that of a small home based company that grew too big too fast, and does not know how to manage the growth.

There is no professional career growth opportunities for employees, no team building events, or even an HR system dedicated to track maintain and improve employee performance. There aren't even weekly 1x1s.

The company is all about "WHO" you know rather than "WHAT" you know.

Most importantly Match.com is not an ethical company. They laid off employees just 3 months after hiring them, with 2 weeks pay.

This shows poor management planning and no empathy for employees.
Welcome from Match.com Talent Acquisition!
Match.com Recruiting Team (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2012
When people find out you work for match.com they are intrigued; they can't wait to tell you about their experiences with online dating or of the wedding or baby shower they just attended which was the result of an online connection on our site. What some people may not know, is that match.com represents a portfolio of niche online dating sites including not only match.com, but also a host of successful sites that operate domestically and internationally including okcupid.com and ourtime.com. These are sophisticated consumer internet sites, developed by our staff of application engineers, product managers, social media experts, database engineers and marketing innovators. We have also spent several years refining our highly scientific (and yet personalized) matching algorithm which helps us sort and match the world's singles, leading to a more enriching consumer experience.
Fun culture but no room to advance
Analyst for Match (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 30, 2012
Pros: free food, great lounge area, seasonal team building events
Cons: no room for growth or advancement
The atmosphere is laid back and the management is flexible with work time.

However, there is no room for growth or advancement.

Managers are not always fair when it comes to helping good workers move up.

About Match.com

In April of 2015, Match turns 20 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. – Read more