Match

Match Employee Reviews

lots of phone time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 22, 2015
Was given jobs that I was never trained on. Trained myself on most. Management would help occasionally. Fellow employees were very helpful.
stressful company
Team Manager for Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 20, 2015
this call center is a very stressful environment for its team leaders. they do not train them just "throw them to the wolfs" I;ve seen many team managers quit with out notice
Pros
great pay
Cons
stress
Fun place to work but not much career progression
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
Fun place to work but there is not much career progression if you don't know the "right" people within the company. The leadership team is like a clique and if you are not part of that group or don't have in roads to it, then your career will not progress much here. A good amount of politics within the company.

It is generally a nice environment to work in though and friendly, smart people to work with.
Pros
Fun activities at different times of the year, freebies, free food, etc
Cons
Too much politics, leadership is a like clique, not very transparent
Great co-developers and culture with questionable upper management
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
I had gotten this job just out of college in August 2014, and I was very excited. I got to work on a small team of 5 (myself included), but there were only three developers (the other two being QA engineers).

In my opinion, a three-person group is a great balance of responsibility and available help from others, but then I like having a lot of work on my plate. My boss and his boss were both great people, and the culture is very laid-back, plenty of free snacks (including an M&M vendor) and drinks, with fresh fruit available every morning and bagels every Friday. Benefits were good, with all the choices you could want, and the 401k matching at 5% was also quite nice.

The problem was that my career there was cut short. At the end of January, I was laid off due to a new company direction towards mobile and front-end development; I was the first-in on a back-end team, so naturally I was the first-out. I noticed one of my QA team members was also let go. This begged the question of why upper management was stupid enough to let my boss hire me when the company needed a radical direction shift only six months later; not that I didn't enjoy the six months, I suppose, but it was extremely disappointing. Not to mention I referred a friend and got him hired -- fortunately, he's still working there because he's on a subsidiary website's team, whereas the brunt of the impact was on the domestic Match.com developers -- and he's talking about how slow QA is now that they've laid off so many QA engineers... surprise, surprise. I thought that my job would be secure because Match.com
  more... is known as the biggest dating service worldwide and is only growing, but apparently I was wrong.

In summary, great atmosphere and company to work for with great people, but far from exempt from your typical corporate garbage. Take the job if it's offered to you but don't be surprised if something happens to your position.
Pros
Great culture, smart and amiable co-workers, great office perks, always room for new technologies in their framework
Cons
Executives and upper management make questionable decisions on a fairly regular basis
Seasonal Editor/Developer Position at Match a Resident
Editor/Developer (Current Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 2, 2014
This position is seasonal and based on a project-to-project basis. For each project I would either edit or develop a residency statement for doctors. It is not your traditional job, it was online and I would take on new jobs on my own time.
Amazing people to work with
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2014
I was in charge of the proper training of the crew. Before leaving I was offered a position as manager.
Pros
free lunch, weekly pay
Cons
no benefits
My days at work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MISeptember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with the children everyday. We had some bad days but the children were very respectful.
Pros
the children, lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
Exciting and fun with a different experience each day.
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota MNMay 19, 2014
Each day at match.com was different, this was mainly because each customer was unique and had different request. There was never any 2 customers who were exactly alike. I learned that, I should never give up my aspirations to find the one for me. Several older customers encouraged me to find my own match. The management team was always willing to help and remained professional and friendly. My co- workers were accommodating and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to find a match for a difficult person.The most enjoyable part of the job was the success stories and talking to the various people.
Pros
i was giving a free match.com account.
Cons
it was hard to find the perfect match for difficult customers.
Some of the co workers were nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mendota HeightsMarch 22, 2014
I would first sit down punch in take calls I learned that everyone needs love some of the managers were nice the co workers were okay the hardest part was hearing from older people be shamed out of there money
Challenging, Productive and team oriented work place
Micro Computer Specialist and office manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 22, 2013
Work in a team environment to achieve challenging year end office objective and reachs objective goal. Learns about higher expectation from corporate level of expertise. Worked as a manager and computer specialist for over 10 years to achieve yearly objective and bears major responsiblities from customers and upper management. Maintains the computer, office accessories and networking troubleshooting to reduce down time. Works with office manager and trains employee with new programs and guideline.
Pros
great team work and great work schedule
Cons
low paying job, and benefit
Good Salary
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2013
Okay place to work. Hours were good. Spent a lot of time on computer checking emails from customers and also checking pictures sent in with their profiles. Managers were not much help. No real training provided. Learned my job from my co-workers.
from startup to global dominance in two decades
marketing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2013
the online dating and personals industry has given me plenty of challenges, but also literally hundreds of love stories, birth announcements, wedding invitations and so on. No matter how hard my day is, I know someone out there is finally happy because we've helped that person find love.
Pros
free bagel fridays, great benefits, comped accounts for single employees
Fun workplace if you can find the time to enjoy it.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2013
Great place to work for, the extra benefits such as monthly happy hour, bonus's and free gifts makes this an enjoyable place.
Pros
free gifts from the company.
Cons
short breaks, micro management
Child care Teacher / Director
Child Care Teacher/Director (Former Employee) –  Union City,TNJanuary 17, 2013
I have managed a child care center,followed state rules & regulations, completed state paperwork, managed employees, and the hiring of employees. The hardest part of the job was I worked with the others as co-workers and was promoted to Director it was hard for them to see me as the boss. I enjoy working with people and helping others out with problems or issues that might have in a clam matter.
Awesome place to work at
Senior Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2012
Match.com is in my opinion one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The benefits are great and management is really good. The team that I work with is a group of very bright and brilliant folks led by equally capable architects and managers.

I would recommend this company to anyone any day :).
Pros
great benefits, very bright team of technologists and managers, latest technologies being used, challenging projects that help you learn and grow
Cons
none. sereiously - none!!
Not a job for the sensitive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 18, 2012
The hardest part was getting yelled at by customers who were not happy for whatever reason. The best part was being able to help one of our customers with the issue they called in about. Having a customer say, "Thank you for helping me" was worth getting yelled at in the beginning of the call.
No Long Term Prospects
Associate Manager, Internet Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2012
Company employs some smart people, but the overall culture is still that of a small home based company that grew too big too fast, and does not know how to manage the growth.

There is no professional career growth opportunities for employees, no team building events, or even an HR system dedicated to track maintain and improve employee performance. There aren't even weekly 1x1s.

The company is all about "WHO" you know rather than "WHAT" you know.

Most importantly Match.com is not an ethical company. They laid off employees just 3 months after hiring them, with 2 weeks pay.

This shows poor management planning and no empathy for employees.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no growth opportunity, job instability, poor management
Welcome from Match.com Talent Acquisition!
Match.com Recruiting Team (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2012
When people find out you work for match.com they are intrigued; they can't wait to tell you about their experiences with online dating or of the wedding or baby shower they just attended which was the result of an online connection on our site. What some people may not know, is that match.com represents a portfolio of niche online dating sites including not only match.com, but also a host of successful sites that operate domestically and internationally including okcupid.com and ourtime.com. These are sophisticated consumer internet sites, developed by our staff of application engineers, product managers, social media experts, database engineers and marketing innovators. We have also spent several years refining our highly scientific (and yet personalized) matching algorithm which helps us sort and match the world's singles, leading to a more enriching consumer experience.
Fun culture but no room to advance
Analyst for Match (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2012
The atmosphere is laid back and the management is flexible with work time.

However, there is no room for growth or advancement.

Managers are not always fair when it comes to helping good workers move up.
Pros
free food, great lounge area, seasonal team building events
Cons
no room for growth or advancement
condition très agréable
vendeuse charcuterie et fromage a la coupe (Former Employee) –  a la coupeJanuary 15, 2013
bonne entente avec le personnel, autonomie de travaille sur le poste effectuer en charcuterie et fromagerie a la coupe, bonne rotation des produit. effectuer les réception des produit commander nettoyage du stand matin et soir a l'arriver et u départ, respect de l’hygiène des produit et des matériaux (couteau , machine a couper, plan de travaille).