Match Employee Reviews

Fast paced atmosphere
Associate Manager, Online Marketing & Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2017
The team I was on at Match was extremely fast paced and performance driven. The culture overall is upbeat and the perks are great. My team members are great to work with, but current manager's style of people-management is not in sync with the corporate culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tough management
Sr. Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
Match is great, leader in dating apps and the company and people are good to be around.

Culture and environment are best in class, headquarters recently moved to new location and its amazing.
Pros
You are always feed, surprised and feel appreciated.
Great workings with other individuals your same age.
MENTOR COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMOctober 28, 2017
Working with individuals your same age helps! They allowed all of us to continue our schooling and worked around our school schedule. It was great!!!!
Pros
Easy schedule
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun place, stressful at times
Corporate Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Neat work environment that was very relaxed with it's employee's. In the corporate tier role we had to deal with customers which could be stressful at times. Also observed a lot of mandatory overtime to handle high volume coming in,
Terrible place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  York, SCSeptember 5, 2017
If you liked to be cussed out, belittled, and treated poorly, this is the job for you. No training, no benefits, terrible management, no stability, and much more.
Working with Alzheimer patients and patients that are bipolar
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2017
Working with a person with Alzheimer is hard work, but I learned that if you are patient with them you can control them and get them do cooperate with you. I also learned how to deal with people that are bipolar. The hardest part of my job would be the days when my patient with Alzheimers would get really confused.
Pros
Learning to work with clients with different medical problems
Cons
Working without supervision and one on one with my clients
Match was a great environment
Product Manager, Consumer Confidence (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2017
The perks at Match were a great part of the culture (i.e. happy hours, lunches, fooseball, pool table, massage days, and fabulous company events - just to name a few.)
It was ok
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 17, 2017
A typical call center setup. They were more worried about the metrics than the customer that called in. co-workers were friendly but the building was crowded. A few other companies also used the call center for their customer support.
My view
Ink Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAApril 6, 2017
Great website you have here,this site is the greatest thing since sliced bread it makes life easier to know that you can log on to indeed and find a job.And its so easy to understand.
owens is horrible
Owens bagel and deli-charlotte-cashier/food prep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2017
the manger is very petty and will sexually harass and man d d
Pros
amazing tips
Cons
everything else
Exciting Envierment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 20, 2016
This Position was an outstanding position with lots of Fun and energetic people to work with.
Outstanding super Visors willing to be there to help at all times.
Fun ecommerce company
SVP Global Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
Match.com is a fun ecommerce company to work for as you can get great satisfaction by bringing people together in a meaningful way.
Layoff
Match.Com Corporate Office - Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2016
To be quite honest, Match was probably the best job I ever had. Great benefits, great culture, great pay, great atmosphere and great location. The ONLY thing I would say as a negative is the ethics and ultimately layoff due to a position elimination.
Very cohesive teams all focused on delivering to our customers the very best product in our market
Sr. Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
The work is very challenging and sometimes demanding, but the opportunities for learning and personal growth are endless.
Job culture was awesome
UI/UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
The job was great there expect the design department was not good just because there was too much business and management changed inside this company. Not a stable company to realize on. They only care about earning but less focus on their user experience.
Fun place to work, casual environment.
Dallas HQ - Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2015
Lots of great people to work with. Holiday parties, happy hours at the office, offsite activities. Good benefits with retirement package.
lots of phone time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 22, 2015
Was given jobs that I was never trained on. Trained myself on most. Management would help occasionally. Fellow employees were very helpful.
stressful company
Team Manager for Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 20, 2015
this call center is a very stressful environment for its team leaders. they do not train them just "throw them to the wolfs" I;ve seen many team managers quit with out notice
Pros
great pay
Cons
stress
Fun place to work but not much career progression
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
Fun place to work but there is not much career progression if you don't know the "right" people within the company. The leadership team is like a clique and if you are not part of that group or don't have in roads to it, then your career will not progress much here. A good amount of politics within the company.

It is generally a nice environment to work in though and friendly, smart people to work with.
Pros
Fun activities at different times of the year, freebies, free food, etc
Cons
Too much politics, leadership is a like clique, not very transparent
Great co-developers and culture with questionable upper management
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
I had gotten this job just out of college in August 2014, and I was very excited. I got to work on a small team of 5 (myself included), but there were only three developers (the other two being QA engineers).

In my opinion, a three-person group is a great balance of responsibility and available help from others, but then I like having a lot of work on my plate. My boss and his boss were both great people, and the culture is very laid-back, plenty of free snacks (including an M&M vendor) and drinks, with fresh fruit available every morning and bagels every Friday. Benefits were good, with all the choices you could want, and the 401k matching at 5% was also quite nice.

The problem was that my career there was cut short. At the end of January, I was laid off due to a new company direction towards mobile and front-end development; I was the first-in on a back-end team, so naturally I was the first-out. I noticed one of my QA team members was also let go. This begged the question of why upper management was stupid enough to let my boss hire me when the company needed a radical direction shift only six months later; not that I didn't enjoy the six months, I suppose, but it was extremely disappointing. Not to mention I referred a friend and got him hired -- fortunately, he's still working there because he's on a subsidiary website's team, whereas the brunt of the impact was on the domestic Match.com developers -- and he's talking about how slow QA is now that they've laid off so many QA engineers... surprise, surprise. I thought that my job would be secure because Match.com
  more... is known as the biggest dating service worldwide and is only growing, but apparently I was wrong.

In summary, great atmosphere and company to work for with great people, but far from exempt from your typical corporate garbage. Take the job if it's offered to you but don't be surprised if something happens to your position.
Pros
Great culture, smart and amiable co-workers, great office perks, always room for new technologies in their framework
Cons
Executives and upper management make questionable decisions on a fairly regular basis