Matco Tools Employee Reviews

Easy to Work with
Assistant Sales representative/Head of Collections (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2017
Great down to earth people. Did not work under them but as a partner. I also worked with the distributors not as an employee in the actual corporation.
Brutal
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 18, 2017
Management doesn't care about employees...only production. Rude, condescending remarks from supervisors. Breaks are not observed per NYS labor laws.
great franchise
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 8, 2017
franchise is a great small business. job is fun and customers enjoy being on the truck. they view it as an extra break. hopefully Amazon doesnt take over this industry.
Just about the same as any other corporate office setting.
Financial Services Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHFebruary 16, 2017
The team you'll work with would definitely be the plus. As long as you do your job and make your goal each month, it's where you want to be. Monthly and quarterly bonuses are also really nice.
Productive Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, TXJanuary 17, 2017
My favorite part of the job was Interacting with different clientele.
I liked distributing tools for the leading brands in the country who stands behind their craftsmanship.
I learned various trade lingo and how Matco will do what it takes to satisfy customers.
Pros
Interacting with people on a daily basis
Cons
Bad debt accounts
great pay hard work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJanuary 15, 2017
could be very stressful and very physically demanding , long hours and a five to six day work week,workers are great to get along with .
Pros
great pay along with benefits 401k and gain sharing
Cons
way to many hours per week leaving no time for families with children
Good money But long hours
Franchise Owner, Mobile tool sales business (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 3, 2016
They have savings account system You see kinds of people The people you meet you wine up being friends with them Your co-workers are just like you . Collecting money is the down side .
Pros
Cash in your hand
Cons
No benefits
Excellent Teamwork enviroment
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 12, 2016
Management and directors are always willing and available to help and support the field team force. Co workers are a great group of team players.
Pros
General enviroment
What I learned
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2016
I learned that running a business is not easy especially this one, a lot of hours, headaches and people that do not pay you is hard to deal with. A bad economy in this type of a career will put you out of business!
Pros
I'm still thinking!
Cons
What do I need to say!
cool place if you can learn how to be fake
Credit Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHMarch 8, 2016
Management is unfair and racist. Typical day busy with high call volume, will make excuses as to why no one else is held accountable for their actions. I liked most of my co-workers, most enjoyable part is talking to the distributors, they take advantage of their customers, I learned that corporate America wants to you to not have an opinion and just do what they tell you todo.
Pros
free food, nice benefits
Cons
racist, liars, not equal opportunity

Want to know more about Matco Tools?

Ask a question
Work on a part time basis
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  TNOctober 12, 2015
I work for my brother , he is a distributor for the company. My responsibility are to file month fuel taxes, keep accurate records of monthly expenses organization of inventory,
No advancement
Franchise Owner / Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 28, 2015
No advancement. Being an owner / operator franchisee is not worth it if you value having time of or making any real advancement.
Extremely time consuming job
MOBLIE TOOL SALES AND DISTRIBUTION, TECH ASSIT (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIApril 27, 2015
Loved the Job but the hours hurt the district manger at the time was bad. Would still do this job today if I were able. The company was Fair but lacked focus down on distbrution level..
Pros
you made or broke your day
Cons
people that wouldn't pay their bills
Fun Group of People
Financial Services/Credit Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHOctober 24, 2014
Working with the distributors was great and the small group of people in my department was wonderful. Department management was slightly different as there were 3 different Supervisors in 4 years.

Was hired for credit applications and assiting the distributors as there was a seperate collections department and by the time I left, we were doing collections as well.
Pros
Amazing benefits all around-Will never complain in that arena
Cons
Unstable management
Mobile route sales...I must sale in order to collect...Inventory is key
Owner/Operator Franchise (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2014
Manage the movement of automotive air, hand and electrical tools and
equipment on a define territory, in and out of production facilities, such
as auto dealers, body shops, specialized shops, city/county fleets,
heavy truck trucks and chain automotive repair shops.
Review financial statements on purchased inventory, sales and
daily/monthly activity reports, and performance data to measure
productivity and goal achievement to determine areas needing more
sales/service for route improvement.
Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with
auto technicians and shop foreman implementing, demonstrating and
showing new products.
Recommending new products, such as vehicle scanners, lifts and tire
equipment, a/c recycling units, brake lathes and air compressors.
Establish and implement rules and policies conferring with technicians
and purchasing agents in regards to time and payment based on mobile
self owned/operated business
Pros
Self employed, own business...
Cons
Lack of support from certain affiliates
I really enjoyed this line of work.
District Sales Manager - East (Former Employee) –  INMay 27, 2014
District Sales Manager – East/Central Indiana, Southwest Ohio & Northern Kentucky 2005-2013
 Hire, train, supervise, and monitor performance for a team of 24 independent regional sales associates
 Work closely with franchisees to successfully increase sales and market share throughout the district
 Actively recruit new franchisees for open territories and identify opportunities for business growth
 Organize sales meetings, conduct executive presentations, and support various strategic initiatives
 Perform periodic business evaluations, compile reports, and ensure the accuracy of all documentation
 Call on automotive technical schools and foster profitable relationships with high-profile clientele
 Increased district sales 23% in the first year, 40% in year two, and boosted revenues from $4.2M to $7M
 Effectively build brand loyalty amongst clients and achieved #6 District Sales Manager in the company
 Recognized for #1 Region, #1 Franchisee in the nation, and #1 Rookie Franchisee in the region (2010)
Matco Tools
CNC Brake Operator, Fabrication Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYMay 22, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Matco. I had the opportunity to work in many different departments (cells), with great people.
fun fast paced
warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 20, 2014
learing tools and how much there is for mechanics and the automotive field. great co-works and the temps that came in for me to train were very interesting
Pros
tool discounts
Cons
inventory prep was very long
Learned many skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHMarch 26, 2014
Answer inbound calls from distributor, initiated freight claims, placed orders and credits. Patience. Management worked well if you had any issues. I got along with my co-workers. The hardest part was the issuing of the credits and trying to find a specialty tool
Pros
hours
Cons
the health care
They sell tools for cars, tractors, trailers, helicopters
Co-owner (Former Employee) –  Laverne and SmyrnaFebruary 5, 2014
Our work day started at 6:30 am and we had a route different customers every day, showing new tools, delivering orders and showing what could be useful for them. We conducted raffles so they got in our truck and buy was way to stimulate with raffle tickets. Sometimes we were having lunch with them. I drove the truck all the way and my husband was checking on his computer what we had for the next stop with the customer.
Pros
We enjoyed each time with our customers.
Cons
This work was for young people, because the tools are heavy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matco Tools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7