Matcor Metal Fabrication Employee Reviews in United States

Never Again
Welder (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJune 21, 2016
This place is a revolving door of nonsense. The management team only cares for them selves. They look down on you if your not in management. No room to advance. Hardest part is so much rule bending for people who befriend management. There are some good people there thou.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Everthing else
Challenging fast paced production enviroment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSAugust 26, 2015
Daily challenges for production while interacting with people of various skills to meet production goals and provide safe work enviroment.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
seasonal shutdowns
Not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 12, 2015
Fire drill, poor upper management, most out their depth in ability to run a business of this size, no vision or understanding. Good people in the rank and file. No stability, awful systems.
Pros
Good medical
Cons
Frequent turnover
Good People Bad Management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed working there, but, the upper management needs to change. Most of the people immediately above regular factory workers are great, smart, and easy to work with. After that, not so much.
Pros
Great Benefits Package, Never a Lack of Work
Cons
MATCOR Metal Fabrication a place to get paid.
Welder fabricator (Current Employee) –  Morton, IllinoisMarch 29, 2015
While working at MATCOR metal fabrications I welded placement parts, fixtured items, as well as ran multiple robots making parts for Caterpillar and John Deer. My last four years of experience in this factory have shown me just what goes into the manufacturing process from start to finish. From lasers to break to weld to QC to paint to assembly to storage and shipping is the process I've been working with for years and while working within that flow I Have seen all the things that can go wrong and what needs to be done to ensure things stay smooth. Matcor management tires very hard to push their employees sometimes good sometimes bad. The management recognizes the state of manufacturing in America but seems to use that as an excuse to push employees beyond some safe points as well as keep wages low. The hardest part of my job wasn't the work It was the fact that you where constantly berated about either quality or production. It seemed like if it wasn't quality it was production. With that being said I enjoyed much of the time i spent there with other employees. If it weren't for some of the characters i work with i imagine it could be much worse.
terrible training,
laser operator (Former Employee) –  welcome, ncMarch 9, 2015
If you like dirt, heavy lifting, insufficient supplies and no life other than work, this is the place for you. All about production first, then quality, then safety. But they tell you it's the other way around.
Cons
work with ex cons & registered pedophiles
Great Place for entry-level welding and fabrication
MIG welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Welcome, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Great co-workers and floor managers. Great place for beginner welders to hone the skills in blueprint reading, MIG welding, and a production setting. Human resources can be a little scattered. And upper management has little shop floor experience making it hard for them to understand what goes on. Over all a good place to work.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare is a bust
Hard working company
Welder/Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Overall rating for this company is a 8-10. we were all about production and time always getting our parts done with 100% quality for our costumers. What I have learned while working at Matcor Metal Fabrication how to run the paint line, sand blast, spot weld machinery, break press and I already knew how to weld but I was taught how to production weld with good time. Management was very good they knew what they was doing at all times. co-workers were good we could always work together in a safe matter with no accidents. Getting thousand of parts done in a short time would have to be the hardest part and the most enjoyable part of that job is when we would have a cook out when the CEO of the company would come through and tell us that we are doing an amazing job and to keep it up.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
no over time
Balanced company
Finish Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILNovember 4, 2014
Clean environment, and organized management. The only negative is that they got away from promoting within the company.
Very Productive but inexperienced Management team
Shipping Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Welcome, NCOctober 29, 2014
Go into AS400 and pull orders for that day of, pick parts from order sheet and stage in staging area, scan parts for shipping out and label shipped parts, load parts with shipping label onto the truck, once completely loaded complete bill of lading and sign over to the driver.
Learned a lot about the AS400 system and how it coordinate with the RF scanners
Co-workers were very friendly and helpful in my training
Management is horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at Matcor involves great team communication and efforts in order to push through a specific job. The workers and office team is good and fairly easy to get along with. The management however is a completely different story. They are all over-paid and under-qualified for their jobs. There were many times when decisions were not made correctly, and even times when management relayed to other people to make decisions due to their own lack of decision making skills and confidence in their position.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, unless you are a skilled general laborer, or skilled tradesman.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
plant manager(s)
great place to work for if could pay out more and management reduced by half
welder/operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJune 2, 2014
matcor metal fabrication is not a place to work for if looking for learning experience in manufacturing field to move on the a bigger better working environment. as they work well with their employees to try and meet the needs for everyones family (basically if need certain shift they have no problems moving one another to help someone out). matcor has fair starting pays for weld and brake press operators only downfall is they have no room for advancement, meaning that if you are out on the shop floor there is no chance of being able to move to management of any sort as they would rather bring someone from the streets in with a degree but no experience in a shop, bad decisions thats how quality started slipping as i am a believe that experience on most all jobs is extremely good to have through the shop.
Pros
good environment possitive attitudes
Cons
managment
Great place to work beside the poor management
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Typical day was welding steel John deer or Caterpillar parts.
Learned to read welding blue prints, learned to weld steel using mostly .035 wire, learned to run welding robot, learned to use forklift to pull parts. learned to grind metal.
Hardest part of the job was figuring out new parts
I enjoyed every part of this job loved it only reason for quitting is management took in to much work and company pulled out of this company cause they couldn't keep up...laid off many workers and many hours.
Pros
great pay, quick advancements, health insurance
Cons
poor management
Small Scale industry
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2013
It is a part supplier to larger companies.
offer fulltime jobs rarely. and with less pay
productive work place
Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILSeptember 23, 2013
challenging job interesting machinery and start to finish process is very interesting overall good place to work
Pros
1.00 shift differential
Cons
hot dirty
I enjoyed the people i worked with and enjoyed the job i was assigned to do and took pride in my ability to produce a quality product.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILSeptember 7, 2013
I enjoyed the people i worked with and enjoyed the job that i was assigned to do and took pride in my abilty to produce a quality product.
Good workplace for benefits.
Backhoe Cab Assembly (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILAugust 27, 2013
A typical day was a steady and very repetitious 8 to 12 hour with little or no notice when the work day would end. Management, let's say, lacked management skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with misguided information passed down to employees and also the lack of information being passed along. At the end of the day my co-workers were the best part. We all could laugh and have the best time possible at a workplace without interfering with our duties.
Pros
matched your 401k 100%
Cons
no incentives or advancement opportunities
Hated every minute of it...
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 2, 2013
Management was terrible, the office workers were even worse. No one knew what they were doing. The company is going under and everyone is denying it. Absolutely the most unstable, unreliable, most miserable place I've EVER worked.
Don't even bother working here, everybody is replaceable!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMay 22, 2013
When you're in the hiring process, everybody is really friendly and helpful and praises Matcor for being such a great company...but as soon as you step out on the production floor, that all changes.

Everyday you're scrambling around trying to make production which is impossible. They'll set a number to hit and as soon as you're able to hit that number, the supervisors will want 1 more part so you're constantly getting in trouble for production. Since the company is so slow, they don't do write ups, they'll just fire you on the spot. I can go on and on with everything that goes on there. Avoid this place at all cost.
Pros
used to have a lot of pros, but corporate took them all away.
Cons
impossible production numbers, no idea how many hours you'll work in a week, just a very stressful environment
long term employment
SUPERVISER (Current Employee) –  MORTON ILApril 2, 2013
if you have any time in at this company i.e. 10 years or up you get laid off for good there is NO FUTURE HERE our hr dept. does one thing realy good they keep track of employes missing a day and tally up points for the superviser to write you up we have not had a raise for three years but can aford two more morons in management and random drug testing SAVE YOUR SELF THE HEADACHE WORK AT MCDONALDS
Pros
coworkers
Cons
the whole place

2.7