Matcor Metal Fabrication Employee Reviews

good place to work
Production welder (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJune 29, 2017
good place to work. dirty but that is part of the job. good work environment. good healthcare. management was good as well. break room had air-conditioning to cool of in.
Pros
good health care
Cons
hot work environment. lay people off all the time
Hectic
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMay 1, 2017
Very high stress work environment. Demanding customer base along side of aging equipment. Top management is very difficult to work with. They have a my way or highway mentality.
Hardworking
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 15, 2017
Matcor is all about the metal it can go from big metal to little metal anytime, it's good pay but you do work hard. The workers are nice but you barely get help with things .
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Want a bad job here is one for you
general employee (Current Employee) –  Independence, KSNovember 18, 2016
Was offered a job here offer was a dream come true. Reality check, 90% of what i was told in interview was a "Misunderstanding" on my part, no mertit raises, 90 day raise did not happen, only thing left was free medical. Thank you Obamma Care that is gone now too. General manager, sales manager offices are a revolving door. Management will hire a fresh college grad with no experience rather than advance a employee, even though the job gets posted it is usually after they have hired someone. Time studies are done while never leaving the office. Stay with ma and pa metal shops they care for their employees. Management clams no raises because company pay 100% healthcare, now you have to pay and no raises.
Pros
all gone
Cons
everyrhing
Productive and exciting work place
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work would start off with a team meeting. Which would include our task for the day and over look at the week and our previous performance. We also get our goals for the day and any new for the week. We then brake off to our areas and began our task. We take our assigned brakes then back to work we go until our goal for the day is meet.
Pros
Great work enviorment and health benfits.
Cons
None paid for lunch
Never Again
Welder (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJune 21, 2016
This place is a revolving door of nonsense. The management team only cares for them selves. They look down on you if your not in management. No room to advance. Hardest part is so much rule bending for people who befriend management. There are some good people there thou.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
Everthing else
it's a job
Press break operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILAugust 26, 2015
30 cent raise in three years across the board for all employees. Mandatory overtime one week 32 hour work week the next. Routine layoffs with no heads up. Great people on the floor very shady management.
Cons
no raises absolutely no job stability
Challenging fast paced production enviroment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSAugust 26, 2015
Daily challenges for production while interacting with people of various skills to meet production goals and provide safe work enviroment.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
seasonal shutdowns
Not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 12, 2015
Fire drill, poor upper management, most out their depth in ability to run a business of this size, no vision or understanding. Good people in the rank and file. No stability, awful systems.
Pros
Good medical
Cons
Frequent turnover
Good People Bad Management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed working there, but, the upper management needs to change. Most of the people immediately above regular factory workers are great, smart, and easy to work with. After that, not so much.
Pros
Great Benefits Package, Never a Lack of Work
Cons
MATCOR Metal Fabrication a place to get paid.
Welder fabricator (Current Employee) –  Morton, IllinoisMarch 29, 2015
While working at MATCOR metal fabrications I welded placement parts, fixtured items, as well as ran multiple robots making parts for Caterpillar and John Deer. My last four years of experience in this factory have shown me just what goes into the manufacturing process from start to finish. From lasers to break to weld to QC to paint to assembly to storage and shipping is the process I've been working with for years and while working within that flow I Have seen all the things that can go wrong and what needs to be done to ensure things stay smooth. Matcor management tires very hard to push their employees sometimes good sometimes bad. The management recognizes the state of manufacturing in America but seems to use that as an excuse to push employees beyond some safe points as well as keep wages low. The hardest part of my job wasn't the work It was the fact that you where constantly berated about either quality or production. It seemed like if it wasn't quality it was production. With that being said I enjoyed much of the time i spent there with other employees. If it weren't for some of the characters i work with i imagine it could be much worse.
terrible training,
laser operator (Former Employee) –  welcome, ncMarch 9, 2015
If you like dirt, heavy lifting, insufficient supplies and no life other than work, this is the place for you. All about production first, then quality, then safety. But they tell you it's the other way around.
Pros
Cons
work with ex cons & registered pedophiles
Great Place for entry-level welding and fabrication
MIG welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Welcome, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Great co-workers and floor managers. Great place for beginner welders to hone the skills in blueprint reading, MIG welding, and a production setting. Human resources can be a little scattered. And upper management has little shop floor experience making it hard for them to understand what goes on. Over all a good place to work.
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare is a bust
Hard working company
Welder/Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Overall rating for this company is a 8-10. we were all about production and time always getting our parts done with 100% quality for our costumers. What I have learned while working at Matcor Metal Fabrication how to run the paint line, sand blast, spot weld machinery, break press and I already knew how to weld but I was taught how to production weld with good time. Management was very good they knew what they was doing at all times. co-workers were good we could always work together in a safe matter with no accidents. Getting thousand of parts done in a short time would have to be the hardest part and the most enjoyable part of that job is when we would have a cook out when the CEO of the company would come through and tell us that we are doing an amazing job and to keep it up.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
no over time
Balanced company
Finish Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILNovember 4, 2014
Clean environment, and organized management. The only negative is that they got away from promoting within the company.
Very Productive but inexperienced Management team
Shipping Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Welcome, NCOctober 29, 2014
Go into AS400 and pull orders for that day of, pick parts from order sheet and stage in staging area, scan parts for shipping out and label shipped parts, load parts with shipping label onto the truck, once completely loaded complete bill of lading and sign over to the driver.
Learned a lot about the AS400 system and how it coordinate with the RF scanners
Co-workers were very friendly and helpful in my training
Management is horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at Matcor involves great team communication and efforts in order to push through a specific job. The workers and office team is good and fairly easy to get along with. The management however is a completely different story. They are all over-paid and under-qualified for their jobs. There were many times when decisions were not made correctly, and even times when management relayed to other people to make decisions due to their own lack of decision making skills and confidence in their position.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, unless you are a skilled general laborer, or skilled tradesman.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Plant manager(s)
great place to work for if could pay out more and management reduced by half
welder/operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJune 2, 2014
matcor metal fabrication is not a place to work for if looking for learning experience in manufacturing field to move on the a bigger better working environment. as they work well with their employees to try and meet the needs for everyones family (basically if need certain shift they have no problems moving one another to help someone out). matcor has fair starting pays for weld and brake press operators only downfall is they have no room for advancement, meaning that if you are out on the shop floor there is no chance of being able to move to management of any sort as they would rather bring someone from the streets in with a degree but no experience in a shop, bad decisions thats how quality started slipping as i am a believe that experience on most all jobs is extremely good to have through the shop.
Pros
good environment possitive attitudes
Cons
managment
Great place to work beside the poor management
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Typical day was welding steel John deer or Caterpillar parts.
Learned to read welding blue prints, learned to weld steel using mostly .035 wire, learned to run welding robot, learned to use forklift to pull parts. learned to grind metal.
Hardest part of the job was figuring out new parts
I enjoyed every part of this job loved it only reason for quitting is management took in to much work and company pulled out of this company cause they couldn't keep up...laid off many workers and many hours.
Pros
Great pay, quick advancements, health insurance
Cons
poor management
Small Scale industry
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2013
It is a part supplier to larger companies.
offer fulltime jobs rarely. and with less pay