MATERIAL HANDLING Employee Reviews in United States

nice experience
COKE HANDER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 20, 2016
i was working good company. i like to say they are improved my life and knowledge. i like management because they force to work safely .
Pros
all facility to company
Cons
healthcare
Good company to work for. Needs more responsible adults employed.
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2016
Was a real work in progress. I enjoy working here. I enjoy being the one responsible for everything that is delivered or shipped.
Pros
ESOP. 401k. Good Insurance.
Cons
set in their ways, won't listen to employees
Material handling
Staff Matters (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2016
Loading and unloading trucks.
Customer service and delivered parts to the customers.
Cycle counts and helping coworkes with the finish goods products.
productive and goal orineted
Material Handler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAFebruary 28, 2015
a typical day at work involves building around 100 displays to be shipped out to Wal-Mart in an 8 hour shift.
Meeting with management to make sure we have all the equipment and material needed to complete this goal.
My co-workers are usually fun and out-going which makes the job easier and more enjoyable.
the hardest part of the job is the long standing period of time.
the most enjoyable part of the job is learning the business from the ground up.
Pros
on job expirience
I highly enjoyed working at Food Lion. It was a wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed myself at work at Food Lion as a Customer Service Manager because I enjoyed talking and interacting with customers. A typical day at work was very busy but pleasant. I adored my customers and took pleasure helping them. My passion was also in hiring and training new associates and seeing them succeed in life and move up the business.
Moving comapny
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHSeptember 13, 2015
It was great way to see the america and get to be able to learn a new trade. Would not regret working for them again. The driver I was with was what made that job amazing.
Recruited to be sales manager and direct 4 sales people.
Field Sales Manager/Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 8, 2012
Allowed to work with all personnel that I had a previous relationship with working at Bowman Distribution.

A typical days work involved making sure that all salesmen had their daily selling plans ready and then calling on my own customers.

Management was very easy to work with and easy to assist in any situations that involved their input.

All personnel were very accomodating and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to use a material handling truck.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the salesforce mature and develop as better sales people.
Pros
great personnel, strong product line, cooperative management.
Cons
learning how to use material handliing equipment.
Install & repair commercial doors for customers
Installer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
An interesting learning experience learning a new trade. Good people to work with, off on weekends. Not alot of leadership.
Pros
the hours were good
Cons
The management wasn't very dependable
Structured work place
Builder Helper Surry Power Station (Former Employee) –  Surry, VAJuly 11, 2014
We usually worked ten hour workdays, four days a week unless we were involved in an outage. Work strategies were discussed beforehand with input from management and workers always with a focus on safety. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, who most often, were more experienced and willing to share from their work experience.
The hardest part about the job was the work load during the outages but completing those task, however complex were the most fulfilling and enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
focus on safety and adherence to policies
Cons
outage work loads
hard working trade
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Callicoon, NyFebruary 4, 2014
Material handling was a very hard working trade with did a variety of jobs on and off campus I learned how to work with a team the management/ trade instructor was excellent co-workers were friendly helping and caring we got along great the hardest part there was nothing hard about this trade the best part was completing trade with my CLA (Certified logistics Associates)
OSHA
and Forklift certification
great part time work, great for school and college students
Auditor for the Quality Department (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 6, 2012
not a good place to make a living, great for college students and people who live at home with thier parents. I cant support my family here; no way to move up. They are tight with there money, wont give decent wages and use people.
Pros
lots of time off, and work around your schedule
Cons
lack of leaders, not way to move up, can not support a family or have a career
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OHMay 27, 2015
I learned responsibilities, techniques, goal setting, hand eye coordination. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the machines.
Pros
driving fork trucks
Cons
making sure proper waste disposal
Dell computer
Material Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxJuly 14, 2014
Putting computer parts of the shelf. How to build a computer. Management was good and fair. the hardest part about the job was learning new stuff. The most enjoyable part about the job was the money, learning and having fun.
Pros
i love computers
Cons
leaving that job
company was a good people with good communication
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 6, 2012
Worked on heavy equipement mostly fork lifts. Started out as a truck driver and after a few months started working on major overhauls on the older junk fork lifts. After a few rebuilds learned how to paint and make these old machines sell. After the second years I went to ev100 school to work on electric fork lifts. The job was harder when they had me go on the road to fix trucks in the field. I enjoy traveling, but not setting up shop on the road. I was much happier in the shop working on bigger projects like engine or truck over haul.
Pros
insurance, 5 days a week 1st shift
Cons
heavy lifting
Day at work
Select Staffing - Assembler/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Temecula CAApril 14, 2014
The day would begin with the workers being assigned on certain stations. What I learned was keeping sure I was sending quality products to customers. My fellow co-workers and I had to establish team work since we rotated. The hardest part of the job was when the machines would brake down and it would not produce the numbers that were required. The enjoyable part was when the rotation on duties were made.
Pros
rotation on duties, you were allowed to dress casually.
Cons
short breaks
Good times
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2015
I worked there while going to school part time to finish my degree. They were really flexible with my schedule and helpful and accommodating whenever needed.
Welder
Picker/ForkLift Driver (Former Employee) –  BatesvilleDecember 11, 2014
It was a good program and I learned a lot of welding and becoming a fork lift driver. I met a lot of great people along the way and they became like family over time it was hard to say goodbye.
Distributing food to Senors
Volunteer Food Distributor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2013
I enjoyed that I could talk with the Senors. I learn about each person so I could personalized their service. I enjoy the short duration of the day.
Pros
free lunches
Great People relaxed enviormernt easy job to do.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 31, 2013
Relaxing easy to handle robot work, did the same thing everyday. Most the people were cool and it was great having something to do and I got paid for it.
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  jacksonville ncJanuary 14, 2014
Very good owner and he was also very understanding when it comes to having a family. Learned a lot about delivery driving and furniture.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
low pay