MATERIAL HANDLING Employee Reviews

Material Handler (Former Employee), Brookville, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: driving fork trucks
Cons: making sure proper waste disposal
I learned responsibilities, techniques, goal setting, hand eye coordination. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the machines.
Install & repair commercial doors for customers
Installer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Pros: the hours were good
Cons: The management wasn't very dependable
An interesting learning experience learning a new trade. Good people to work with, off on weekends. Not alot of leadership.
Good times
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2015
I worked there while going to school part time to finish my degree. They were really flexible with my schedule and helpful and accommodating whenever needed.
productive and goal orineted
Material Handler/Packer (Current Employee), Winder, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: on job expirience
a typical day at work involves building around 100 displays to be shipped out to Wal-Mart in an 8 hour shift.
Meeting with management to make sure we have all the equipment and material needed to complete this goal.
My co-workers are usually fun and out-going which makes the job easier and more enjoyable.
the hardest part of the job is the long standing period of time.
the most enjoyable part of the job is learning the business from the ground up.
Welder
Picker/ForkLift Driver (Former Employee), BatesvilleDecember 11, 2014
It was a good program and I learned a lot of welding and becoming a fork lift driver. I met a lot of great people along the way and they became like family over time it was hard to say goodbye.
Dell computer
Material Senior Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TxJuly 14, 2014
Pros: i love computers
Cons: leaving that job
Putting computer parts of the shelf. How to build a computer. Management was good and fair. the hardest part about the job was learning new stuff. The most enjoyable part about the job was the money, learning and having fun.
Structured work place
Builder Helper Surry Power Station (Former Employee), Surry, VAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: focus on safety and adherence to policies
Cons: outage work loads
We usually worked ten hour workdays, four days a week unless we were involved in an outage. Work strategies were discussed beforehand with input from management and workers always with a focus on safety. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, who most often, were more experienced and willing to share from their work experience.
The hardest part about the job was the work load during the outages but completing those task, however complex were the most fulfilling and enjoyable part of the job.
Day at work
Select Staffing - Assembler/ Warehouse (Former Employee), Temecula CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: rotation on duties, you were allowed to dress casually.
Cons: short breaks
The day would begin with the workers being assigned on certain stations. What I learned was keeping sure I was sending quality products to customers. My fellow co-workers and I had to establish team work since we rotated. The hardest part of the job was when the machines would brake down and it would not produce the numbers that were required. The enjoyable part was when the rotation on duties were made.
hard working trade
Foreman (Former Employee), Callicoon, NyFebruary 4, 2014
Material handling was a very hard working trade with did a variety of jobs on and off campus I learned how to work with a team the management/ trade instructor was excellent co-workers were friendly helping and caring we got along great the hardest part there was nothing hard about this trade the best part was completing trade with my CLA (Certified logistics Associates)
OSHA
and Forklift certification
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), jacksonville ncJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great people to work for
Cons: low pay
Very good owner and he was also very understanding when it comes to having a family. Learned a lot about delivery driving and furniture.
Wasn't bad
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTDecember 31, 2013
I liked this job, I learned a great deal also I learned how to drive all different types of fork-lifts. Housing was paid for, so was food, just location wasn't all that great.
Easy work.
Lead Tech (Former Employee), Union City, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea, chips, drinks, bagels etc.
Cons: n/a
Managers, Supervisors are easy going, team members are very cooperative.
Great People relaxed enviormernt easy job to do.
Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 31, 2013
Relaxing easy to handle robot work, did the same thing everyday. Most the people were cool and it was great having something to do and I got paid for it.
good prople, fun and always glad to be there
Technician (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILApril 17, 2013
Pros: sick days, pizza once a month, always clean bathrooms
Cons: there were clicks in personal
work, laugh with others (even about yourself) help others as needed.
Distributing food to Senors
Volunteer Food Distributor (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches
I enjoyed that I could talk with the Senors. I learn about each person so I could personalized their service. I enjoy the short duration of the day.
Constant changing and challenging
supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIMarch 4, 2013
Shipping to delivery requirements and window times as well as verifying incoming order accuracy. Worked with UAW and non- union workers alike.
full day
material handler (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 17, 2013
being needed for quaility work at a bussiness is great. material handling is busy work
Collins & Airman, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Westland, MIDecember 13, 2012
I was a truck driver/ warehouse guy and was one of the best places to work.
Recruited to be sales manager and direct 4 sales people.
Field Sales Manager/Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 8, 2012
Pros: great personnel, strong product line, cooperative management.
Cons: learning how to use material handliing equipment.
Allowed to work with all personnel that I had a previous relationship with working at Bowman Distribution.

A typical days work involved making sure that all salesmen had their daily selling plans ready and then calling on my own customers.

Management was very easy to work with and easy to assist in any situations that involved their input.

All personnel were very accomodating and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to use a material handling truck.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the salesforce mature and develop as better sales people.
company was a good people with good communication
Mechanic (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: insurance, 5 days a week 1st shift
Cons: heavy lifting
Worked on heavy equipement mostly fork lifts. Started out as a truck driver and after a few months started working on major overhauls on the older junk fork lifts. After a few rebuilds learned how to paint and make these old machines sell. After the second years I went to ev100 school to work on electric fork lifts. The job was harder when they had me go on the road to fix trucks in the field. I enjoy traveling, but not setting up shop on the road. I was much happier in the shop working on bigger projects like engine or truck over haul.