Materials Management Employee Reviews

Good company and people to work for
Direct Care Staff at Westcare (Former Employee) –  Ashcamp, KYAugust 11, 2017
They gave me a chance with the drug addiction past I have. They are very good to me and anything I ask for they have went over and under to get it to me. I love working with the clients with addiction and helping them get their life back together.
Work/Life Balance Non-Existent
Sr. Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2017
Long work days averaging 12-16 hours per day. Non-stop meetings, staffing shortages, challenging work environment. While coached that one should manage work/life balance, the ability for work/life balance is non-existent.

Management is very driven, knowledgeable, and professional. Continuous improvement is a primary goal which is not a bad thing, but the pace doesn't afford one balance between work and personal life. If looking for growth opportunities, this company is very good at recognizing those that wish for career growth and have the skill set to match the opportunity.
Pros
Good salary and career growth
Cons
Work Life Balane Issues
Easy, quick learning
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WIMarch 24, 2017
Materials is a great fast paced position! I am looking to pursue my life career though and better my self and Work up to my better knowledge! So hopefully this is it.
Same as previous Colorado Springs listing
Warehouse Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2017
Retired from this Utility company in 2009, I had various jobs and titles during my working days. In two electric power plants, was a warehouse supervisor, also was a purchasing agent, then moved into the IT depart design the business need for a new software.
Challenging
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Historic, multi cultural, challenging, changing healthcare transformation, staff friendly, patient care focused and driven.
Pros
very close to train station, great places to eat
Great co-workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 1, 2017
family run business, upper management is stuck in wonderland , arrogant and disrespect is the way for top management. wrong information given to CEO and top management consists of all family members.
Pros
People who work there are very nice and kind. They are helpful.
Cons
Family Focused, no growth, hard to move up.
Great place!!
Supply Chain Technician/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEDecember 18, 2016
Worked in the hospital field for 20 Years. Enjoyed this job the best. So many people that were very caring about there job. I would enjoy going to work every day, Just knowing how many people needed our help.
Putting fires out
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 23, 2016
Although, most companies prefer to schedule their materials management processes with a computer, I juggle the various demands without any type of MRP scheduling system. The most important part of the job is putting fires out, meaning figuring out what is most likely to go wrong and fix it before it affects operations. The job can be demanding when schedule is full. Many of the laws of Supply Chain are difficult to use as production is sporadic.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Overtime Req.
Materials Director
System Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 17, 2016
I grew complete as a leader in this role. It prepared me to advance quickly through the financial arena of healthcare. People are always the most difficult resource to manage, however, I have great skill in bringing a team together to accomplish a multi-faceted mission.
It's very interesting to work with a unique product such as crystal growing
SR. MATERIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 16, 2016
The company environment has changed from a steady stream of work to an intense stream of work. Management did not match the workforce to the workload in time to meet increased demand.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work environment is not optimal.
Productive company the recognizes employees and their efforts.
Inplant Scheduler / Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 4, 2016
Have been employed here for many years, and regret the facility is closing. I enjoy my co-workers, as we work well to get things done in a timely manner. SAP implementation was one the challenges we faced, coming through the other end with flying colors.
Pros
Lots of functions for employees through our " Engagement Team " .
Stressful yet rewarding Job/Career
GM Powertrain Pontiac (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 16, 2016
I have been in the Materials Management and Warehousing business for 20 years. This career path has given me both more than my fair share of stress and rewards. I love interacting with hourly workers and customers alike. Ensuring that their shipments are loaded/unloaded safely and properly.
Pros
Satisfaction of a Job well done
Cons
Long Hours andweekends
Productive workplace with room to advance
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2016
You stay busy throughout the day which makes your shift go by fast. Great way for advancement if you continue your education.
Struggled with off site leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ketchum, IDMay 31, 2016
The hardest part of the job was that there was no autonomy at the local level. All decisions were handed down from off site leaders. This made it difficult to do a good job.
Supply Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 29, 2016
Typical work day : productive and officiant
I learned to much form being assist buyer, receiver, stock clerk to mailroom.
The most enjoyable part of my job was and is: knowing that I satisfied the end users with the supplies they need to get there job done.
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2016
Always busy with a lot of packages to process, distribute, and deliver among the many different buildings located throughout the Massachusetts General Hospital complex
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Few breaks
Cool can be a fun place to work at times
EMD Millipore Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 15, 2015
I work with really sharp people pay is good but on that note, work life balance is pretty rough. I feel like I never stop working.
Pros
Free Lunches at times
Cons
Short Breaks
okay work place
Sewing Operator (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 16, 2015
this was an okay job,i enjoyed at times and at other times is was unsatisfactory,not what I was looking for the 2nd time around, wishy-washy about benefits,machines was not setup properly.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paced enviroment
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Kyle TXSeptember 11, 2015
Fast paced environment. Accurately receive, store and issue materials, supplies and equipment. Managed, organized and controlled inventory quantities
Pros
Off early
great job but poor management
materials managemet analyst (Current Employee) –  franklin tnAugust 14, 2015
i was excited when I got this opportunity to work here but I realized I did not benefit at all in respect to this job. poor communication and management, no job security and job environment is not conducive.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
lack of communication, poor management