Materials Management

Materials Management Employee Reviews

LOGISTICS MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see people that you have mentored, trained, developed, and inspired promoted in supervisory or management positions. People are a primary resource a manager needs to accomplish set goals; therefore a well-trained staff will result in higher proficiency and greater productive, lesson learned.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: management constantly changing
Staff were fun to work with. Management did not communicate well with subordinates. Company sales fluctuated therefore, hiring and layoffs were the norm. Job security was always low, which led to low morale among the employees.
SEE BELOW
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: office is clean and faces the east for full sunshine
Cons: location
Overall rating -3*
Compensation/Benefits - 3*
Job Security/Benefits - 2*
Management - 2*
Job Culture - Minority Owned Business

I have a structured 8 hour day. My duties are not limited to the same tasks. When needed I am required to handle other responsibilities. Which I like to learn other things in the business. The company Distributes Medical and Jan/San products to major healthcare facilities under contract. I enjoy my co-workers everyone gets along well. The most enjoyable part of my job is when it all comes together by the end of the day. Some days are the same. And others we experience challenges which give us a chance to use our experience and knowledge to solve. But when everyone's work comes together at the end of the day. It feels GREAT!

I like business and the dynamics of different companies.
good place to work
Receiving & Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Morrisville NC.December 30, 2014
receive in product,enter data in SAP system.
load and unload trucks threw out day.
Assign material to location
good company
SHORTAGE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: lay off potential
had the chance to advance fast in the company. Started from the bottom and was working my way up.
fun fast paced
Materials Management (Former Employee), Washington DCOctober 28, 2014
Awesome place to work as well as great time with co-workers. Had a phenomenal company culture centered around a work hard-play hard environment.
anyone
cashier (Former Employee), jersey citySeptember 28, 2014
when i was working at Bjs wholesale club i was work at the cashier. as, i was working there i learned how to stock goods, handle money and credit cars. i also learned how to be a team player and how to please customer
Pleasant customers
Buyer (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great hospital experience
Cons: no room for personal growth
Constant working never a dull moment. Worked w/great healthcare personel on the floors.
Productive and highly energetic Company
Hardware Development Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJuly 30, 2014
Pros: productive enviroment, summer hours
Cons: none to date
Very fast pace environment, with great energy and highly motivated workers to stay ahead in the fashion industry.
Productive and close to home
Distribution Supervisor Westerly Hospital (Current Employee), Westerly, RIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: full time benefits.
Cons: loss of pension
Inventory control. Purchase order creation. Work with vendors on a daily basis. Manage receipt and delivery of stock and non-stock items to all departments. Fed-Ex,UPS, and common carrier shipping and receiving. Time management is the most important part of the job. We are always short staffed so that is why this is of the upmost importance.
Excellent employees, team driven, great work ethics.
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Morgan, MNJune 3, 2014
Pros: a variety of work each day, common goals
Cons: short lead times, fast turn around, limited product mix
New owners have given life to a talented group of employees. A seasonal product, but opportunities are not limited to North America. Learned a variety of methods, product enhancements, sales, and team building. Most difficult function was maintaining MnDOT records and testing. Enjoyed being able to establish goals and see the employees achieve them through teamwork and desire.
same as the first worked at same place
supervisor (Former Employee), Manistee, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: see first one
Cons: see first one
see first one the jobs were at the same place. make rounds,pick up paper work,check orders
too heavy at the top
Materials Management (Former Employee), st. paulMay 23, 2014
Childrens Hospitals and Clinics is supposed to be a non profit organization. the top management all the way to the CEO makes way too much money and cut back at the bottom which directly affects the children who need help.
Excellent organization.
Director (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: excellent career advancement
Managed inventory control, replenishment and asset management at 21 hospitals.
nice work place
cook (Former Employee), dixie hwyApril 2, 2014
good food nice people good money to make management great nice shift to work
Excellent Department
Materials Management Attendant (Former Employee), Mashantucket, ConnecticutMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free meals, great healthcare, on-site pharmacy, wellness program
A typical day in materials management was the delivery of food and other goods to restaurants and outlets in a sprawling complex. I learned where how to get from place to place in the most efficient manner. I worked with some great people and management. I would have to say lifting 60 or more pounds all day was the hardest part of my job.
Staying Productive
Coordinator (Current Employee), Cypress, TXNovember 30, 2013
A typical day at work starts with a positive attitude, making sure all task are completed in a timely manner. having a good relationship with your coworkers is a plus.
fast pace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Clemens, MINovember 29, 2013
Pros: mon - fri only
Cons: direct supervisor
great people to work with in the O.R. and Surgery Center. Ordered the products for the Main O.R. and surgery center. Worked direct with the buyer.
productive workplace
member of the Purchase (Former Employee), houston txNovember 12, 2013
growth and professionalism is key here
team work and cohesion
It has been a great place to work for 22 years. A lot of opportunity to advance .
Supply Tech (Current Employee), ETMC-Henderson in Henderson, TexasOctober 29, 2013
Pros: discount on all meals, great benefits
Cons: not enough pay for all the hard work that is accomplished
Delivery, Shipping and receiving freight from several different companies. A lot of Deliveries throughout the day. Sorting and stamping mail to be mailed and put into different department boxes.
I have learned several different jobs since I have been employed here at ETMC Henderson.
I could not ask for better co-workers or people who have became family to me through employment. The only thing I don't like about my job, is that they do not pay well for hard working people. The best part of my job is that I have a lot of support, when it is needed.

About Materials Management

ACHMM is a membership organization dedicated to fostering professional development through continuing education, peer group interaction, – Read more