Materion

Materion Employee Reviews

Company no longer in business. Not a very stable company
Barr Eng (Excel Temp Service) (Former Employee), Buellton,CaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: no cohesivness
Cons: some very talanted people.
To much division among management and lower level employee. It was nice that it was so close to home. Company moved and then closed its doors due to too many lost contracts.
Terrible company to work for!!!
Security (Former Employee), Buffalo NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: half way decent pay and benefits
Cons: unfare treatment unless your in the " club "
Very poor management. Treat long time employees like garbage. A company that is in a downward spiral. Feel bad for employees still working there! Stay away!!!
Microelectronics Manufacturer
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pay is ok, Benefits are ok.

Management has been steadily growing more and more ridiculous. The strong leaders are jumping ship.

Constant layoffs make job security non-existent.
A great way to keep on your toes!
Site Protection (Current Employee), Elmore, OHMay 24, 2014
As Site Protection, I do everything from security, to responding to medical emergencies. I also respond to fires here at the facility.
THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!! FIRE YOU FOR ANYTHING!!!
Chemical Operator Pebbles Plant (Former Employee), Elmore, ohioMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great money and benefits
Cons: got fired and they fire u for anything!!!
I started working late January of 2014 and worked for two weeks and they fired me because I told them that I couldn't breath in the respirators that were given to me. NO JOKE!!!! WAS making $19.76 an hour and they just dump me without any warning or trying to help me with my respirator. WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY !!!'
Great co-workers
Coating Technician (Former Employee), Westford, MAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Materion bought out Barr Associates in October of 2011. The company went down hill from there. Lay offs almost immediately and at least twice a year since then.

Was called back after my first lay off within 4 months, laid off again this past December.

The overall environment of the company is very depressing since the buyout. No feeling of job security.
Progressive forward thinking company.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Lorain, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: team enviorment.
Goverment cut back in science technologies and NASA forced downsizing.
clean and safe work inviorment and always profesoinal
GSM production oper.2/E-Beam tech.1 (Former Employee), Buellton, CAJanuary 28, 2014
looked forward to getting up and going to work daily learned how to run and maintain sputter chambers as well as hi-vac chambers and co-workers very pleasant to work we where a team.being told the company was shutting down.having that job
Overall employment with Materion Corp. has been a positive experience and has helped me to grow as an individual as well as a supervisor
Production Lead (Current Employee), Buellton, CAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: flexable work schedule
Cons: healthcare
Materion's Management team has always had an open door policy and very helpful in all situations. I have enjoyed getting to know my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not being able to meet a deadline because of circumstances beyond my control. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the day to day challenges of a deadline driven manufacturing company. At the end of the day feeling that I have accomplished my goals.
Temp job that went wrong.
Shipping and Receiving/Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2013
Pros: i got to work..
Cons: company has to many problems internally.
Even before I received the job with Materion there was problems with the company. I went on an interview where I landed the job and got a call the next day that there was an employment freeze. The company just let go 23 employees.
I got another call for a different possession with Materion and took it. Two months later the CEO of the company left and was replaced. With a new CEO and Different possession I was to work 90 days and get a review to work full time. 90 days passed with me taking a week off for my wedding (which I told them about before my hire), and because of that I had to work another 90 days to get my review.
My review was 3 out of 4 stars.
The next month after my review the company had a meeting saying that consolidation was going to happen but, it was going to take some time.
Less than a month after that I was brought to the side by my supervisor to tell me that the possession was to be dropped, and I was out.
Working with the company that made me work for 6 months with out getting benefits stunk. They prolonged the process giving me false hope and was very wrong.
The staff was delightful and hold nothing toward them but, HR department gave me such a run around that I do not recommend working for Materion.
Need more money as I am single parent and I make less than what I should be making for my skills
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2013
Pros: the hours are good and convenient for me.
Cons: not being appreciated in any capacity.
I am very busy every single day from the time I start at 7:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. I have a variety of duties every single day and I love my job but it would be nice to be recognized by management for all I do. I am very much taken for granted by management in this company and I would like to go someplace where my good attendance and work ethic is appreciated.

My co-workers are wonderful people to work with because they are team players like me and we enjoy helping each other.

The hardest part of my job is convincing management especially a supervisor who wants perfection instead of accepting me for who I am to do what she wants me to do her way and many times I cannot ask questions about accomplishing something in my job because that is looked down upon.

I really enjoy my job because what I do is to the very best of my ability and I with my training and background I am proud of what I accomplish each day.
Great Company
Bulk Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Elmore, OHFebruary 23, 2013
Fast paced enviroment with awesome people. Ive spent 25 years there and the only reason I want to leave is to relocate to North Carolina.
Good pay and benefits
Security Guard (Former Employee), Elmore, OHNovember 28, 2012
Monitor CCTV monitors, daily foot and vehicle patrols, monthly fire equipment checks, daily computer logs, provide 1st aid as necessary,
nice people and management
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2012
really nice people to work with,friendly work environment.
i learn a lot.
challenging and rewarding place
Fabrication/ maintenance technician (Current Employee), albuquerque nmOctober 6, 2012
morning meetings with daily assignments, taught me alot of patience and tons of experience in diagnostics and repairs. management has alot of different knowledge. variety of workers with great attitudes. hardest part of this job is dropping everything you do multiple times a day to repair something more urgent that has broken down.
Good people to work with....
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Tyngsboro, MAJuly 4, 2012
Pros: easy company to work for
Cons: hard place to get an idea or a point across
Company tried real hard to make it in the Corporate world but just couldn't do it. Had to let a lot of working class people go.
Good company with competent management
Optical Coating Technician (Former Employee), Buellton, CAApril 5, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no teamwork
Small division within a larger company but still has that mom and pop feel to the working atmosphere.
very dissapointing takeover of Barr Associates
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer II (Former Employee), Westford, MAMarch 26, 2012
Pros: people on the floor are of a family feeling
Cons: poor treatment as well as benifits
Once the new company took over the old Barr Associates the job went totally down hill in every way possible typical day was not too bad unless you were being directly disrespected in front of your co-workers management was full of yes men and passive individuals who would not bring up discrepancies. My co-workers were the best if It weren;t for the management or lack there of I would still be there. being a very outspoken individual the hardest part of the job was being disrespected. the best part of the job was working with the the old school Barr personnel