Materion Employee Reviews in United States

Good people at Materion
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewtster, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with on a day to day basis, but I do not have good things to say about the management team that I reported to.
Pros
Good hard working people
Cons
Management team.
I would prefer to keep my comments to myself regarding Materion for right now.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYJanuary 5, 2016
The folks that I managed were great and were easy to manage. They were the most enjoyable part of the job. I also enjoyed the challenge of the materials that we worked with.
Horrible place to work
Vault clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque nmDecember 12, 2015
First of all it was supposed to be a 90 day temp to hire finally had to look for another job and when I put in my two Weeks notice they said ok will hire you the Benefits are horrible and expensive it is a click driven work place and when they gave you any type of bonus they would deduct it from my pay really!!! Everyone is out for themselves management is horrible.
Pros
Lunch for inventory
Cons
Benefits management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elmore, OhioSeptember 30, 2015
Good place to work, as long as you don't mind showering out at the end of the day. Worked there for a little over a year until layoffs came around.
Good Place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Wish I would have stayed on with them, but my desire to live in CA pushed my decision to leave. I would definitely go back if I could
Pros
Good company to work for. Very friendly
Cons
Limited growth potential
Great company to work for
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Elmore, OHSeptember 19, 2015
Everyone is great to work with! Very friendly and treats the employees great. Excellent work environment and everyone takes safety seriously.
Pros
Great company benefits
The culture is not up to todays industry standard but the team atmosphere is strong with an emphasis on visual consepts.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CtJuly 31, 2015
Bullet 1. Gemba walks, employee interaction, and data gathering.
Bullet 2. Internal Auditing and Supplier Quality
Bullet 3. Project Management internal and Customer projects
Bullet 4. Relational and knowledgeable.
Bullet 5. Getting Management buy in for change
Bullet 6. Travel, Customer and Supplier interaction
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Management Operator interaction
good workplace
Shipper /Receiver (Former Employee) –  Elmore, OHJuly 12, 2015
Typical day at work was busy but productive. Very fun workplace. All around good workplace. I have no complaints about Materion.
Materion
Facilities Engineering and Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmore, OHJune 18, 2015
Go company. A growing company that has a niche market in the specialized materials industry. Still growing. I recommend working for this company.
My background and knowledge are perfect fit to this job. The company is very conservative but very stable.
Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYMay 12, 2015
Do appraisal of R&D project and develop new product and new process. Help production engineering. Support customers directly. Coach co-worker about semiconductor industry.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Far away from Phoenix, AZ, where my family is.

Want to know more about Materion?

Ask a question
Company no longer in business. Not a very stable company
Barr Eng (Excel Temp Service) (Former Employee) –  Buellton,CaMarch 10, 2015
To much division among management and lower level employee. It was nice that it was so close to home. Company moved and then closed its doors due to too many lost contracts.
Pros
no cohesivness
Cons
some very talanted people.
Terrible company to work for!!!
Security (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYMarch 5, 2015
Very poor management. Treat long time employees like garbage. A company that is in a downward spiral. Feel bad for employees still working there! Stay away!!!
Pros
half way decent pay and benefits
Cons
unfare treatment unless your in the " club "
Microelectronics Manufacturer
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pay is ok, Benefits are ok.

Management has been steadily growing more and more ridiculous. The strong leaders are jumping ship.

Constant layoffs make job security non-existent.
A great way to keep on your toes!
Site Protection (Current Employee) –  Elmore, OHMay 24, 2014
As Site Protection, I do everything from security, to responding to medical emergencies. I also respond to fires here at the facility.
This place is a joke!!! Fire you for anything!!!
Chemical Operator Pebbles Plant (Former Employee) –  Elmore, ohioMarch 29, 2014
I started working late January of 2014 and worked for two weeks and they fired me because I told them that I couldn't breath in the respirators that were given to me. NO JOKE!!!! WAS making $19.76 an hour and they just dump me without any warning or trying to help me with my respirator. WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY !!!'
Pros
great money and benefits
Cons
got fired and they fire u for anything!!!
Great co-workers
Coating Technician (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 7, 2014
Materion bought out Barr Associates in October of 2011. The company went down hill from there. Lay offs almost immediately and at least twice a year since then.

Was called back after my first lay off within 4 months, laid off again this past December.

The overall environment of the company is very depressing since the buyout. No feeling of job security.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Progressive forward thinking company.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Goverment cut back in science technologies and NASA forced downsizing.
Pros
team enviorment.
clean and safe work inviorment and always profesoinal
GSM production oper.2/E-Beam tech.1 (Former Employee) –  Buellton, CAJanuary 28, 2014
looked forward to getting up and going to work daily learned how to run and maintain sputter chambers as well as hi-vac chambers and co-workers very pleasant to work we where a team.being told the company was shutting down.having that job
Overall employment with Materion Corp. has been a positive experience and has helped me to grow as an individual as well as a supervisor
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Buellton, CAAugust 28, 2013
Materion's Management team has always had an open door policy and very helpful in all situations. I have enjoyed getting to know my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not being able to meet a deadline because of circumstances beyond my control. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the day to day challenges of a deadline driven manufacturing company. At the end of the day feeling that I have accomplished my goals.
Pros
flexable work schedule
Cons
healthcare
Temp job that went wrong.
Shipping and Receiving/Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2013
Even before I received the job with Materion there was problems with the company. I went on an interview where I landed the job and got a call the next day that there was an employment freeze. The company just let go 23 employees.
I got another call for a different possession with Materion and took it. Two months later the CEO of the company left and was replaced. With a new CEO and Different possession I was to work 90 days and get a review to work full time. 90 days passed with me taking a week off for my wedding (which I told them about before my hire), and because of that I had to work another 90 days to get my review.
My review was 3 out of 4 stars.
The next month after my review the company had a meeting saying that consolidation was going to happen but, it was going to take some time.
Less than a month after that I was brought to the side by my supervisor to tell me that the possession was to be dropped, and I was out.
Working with the company that made me work for 6 months with out getting benefits stunk. They prolonged the process giving me false hope and was very wrong.
The staff was delightful and hold nothing toward them but, HR department gave me such a run around that I do not recommend working for Materion.
Pros
i got to work..
Cons
company has to many problems internally.