Mathematica Policy Research

Mathematica Policy Research Employee Reviews

productive workplace and wonderful work environment
System Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free Friday Breakfast
Mathematica Policy Research Inc. has wonderful environment. Every employee has his/her own office. Company's net income gross every year.
Great people to work for, I love the studies I have been involved in.
Field Interviewer (Current Employee), MichiganJune 16, 2015
Pros: Being able to make my own work schedule.
Cons: Getting consistent hours.
The supervisors I have worked with have been pleasant to work for. I have learned how to communicate with many different types of people. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting wonderful people, being involved in very important studies and making my own schedules. The hardest part of my job is getting consistent hours.
Flexible well paid temporary position
Classroom Observer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: mileaage reimbursement, flexible schedule
Cons: disorganization, driving throughout la county
A typical day includes conducting field assessments in different preschool and family day care centers. The company provided thorough training. The most enjoyable part of the job is the exposure to different school philosophies. Management is a bit disorganized. The job requires flexibility and working well independently
down fall of company is part time on call . no room for advance ment . Management has a tendency of bullying employees
Project Assistant III (Current Employee), PrincetonMay 4, 2015
Down fall of company is that it is part time on call. There is no room for advancement.

Management has tendency of bullying employees
Field Interviewer
Field Interviewer (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good work experince and easy money for good descent pay.
Cons: short projects
I worked at the beginning of two different school years with Mathematcia policy research. The job was easy and I enjoyed meeting different people it also looks very good on your resume if your just starting out working. The only issue I have is that the job is very short-term, they pay well but the project was very short.
Enjoyed travelling and meeting new people.
Survey Administrator/Interviewer (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 30, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: temporary work, no benefits and co-workers
I liked the fact that I was on the road and worked alone or when I partnered with one of my family members. However, there were no benefits and job security. I also didn't like how people (sometimes I was partnered with people other than family) sabotaged me by saying things behind my back and instead of management coming to me, they instead don't return my emails for upcoming projects that were promised to me. I think the problem was that I had my own system then someone else want to totally change it and it becomes out of order. When I stand my ground, that's when I feel the atmosphere change. There were a few people that I know said some things that weren't true because I wouldn't let them run over me. I know for a fact one of the guys talked to a teacher and said some untruths about how I conducted myself during testing because she told me.
After that, I just didn't enjoy my job like I used to.
People are good to work for and reward for good work done.
Project Assistant for Federal (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare, flexible hours.
Cons: not enough salary.
Talk to people on the phone doing surveys for the federal government. Learned to how to talk to people. The management rewards people for a good job done. My coworkers work as a team.The hardest part to talking to some people who are unhappy with their life and don't trust people over the phone.

The most enjoyable part is working with people.
No guarantees
Quality Control Project Assistant (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: bagels on friday
Cons: pay
Make your own hours if there are hours to be made (family first).
Great co workers
Field Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 21, 2014
Pros: job description
Cons: dealing with nonsense which was not apart of the job descrioption
Busy day which is great

I was familiar with the job description

management GREAT!, Supervisor lacked professionalism

Great co-workers

Difficult part of the job was dealing with the supervisors' juvenile antics

Enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Productive and wonderful environment
Human Resources Call Representative (Former Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 20, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule, activities, helping people, and periodic increase in pay.
A typical day at work consisted of working on the phone surveying different people. However, I have learned to deal with all kinds of people and how respond to them when they are not very happy. Management for this job were EXCELLENT! They helped you with everything you needed and went above and beyond to get you the answer you needed when you were on a live call. My co-workers were GREAT as well. Everyone was so diverse and it was a great place to work. It felt like a family working for this company and it definitely is experience I would not want to forget about. The job really was not hard, but one of the most enjoyable parts was the activities they had for everyone.
The work atmosphere and flexible work schedule is excellent.
Bilingual Telephone Interviewer (Spanish) (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 26, 2013
The type of research conducted is very important for our society. The work atmosphere and flexible work schedule is excellent.
Varied projects, great work environment
Project Interviewer/Locator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 9, 2013
Work is project-based, meaning that there are continuous chances to train and explore different subjects and areas in order to complete a survey; hours are flexible, and managers are excellent sources of information for self-improvement.
law firm
Field Assessor/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), nation wideSeptember 4, 2013
mail was the hardest to get though. MASS mail and got a hang of within a few days.
lawyers and staff all very kind and welcoming
Good Job
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 30, 2013
Good part time job, very flexable with the hours. A lot of different postions you can move into.
I really like this job but I was expecting more.
Field Locator (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJAugust 27, 2013
I was expecting this to be a 4 month assignment of 35 hour workweeks, but what it amounted to was about 5 weeks of 15-20 our weeks.
Flexible
Interviewer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: part-time, on call
The co-workers and management are very friendly and team oriented. Schedules are very flexible.
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 4, 2013
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: climate control (was always cold)
The training provided was by far the best I have ever received. Intelligent people to work with and a supportive work environment overall.
Room for advancement was abundant.
Very good place to work with ample room for advancement
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 17, 2013
My typical work day consists of catering to project needs. I have worked on projects ranging from healthcare, education to HIV/AIDS. The goal of survey research at my level is to gather, analyze and input data.
The best part of the job is the environment, the people and the work.
I enjoyed working there. It was useful for my next job
Interviewer (Former Employee), Columbia, MDOctober 22, 2012
Pros: working with friendly people
Cons: not finding people to interview
Seems to be a fine group of people. I enjoyed finding people for interviews. L:earned some search techniques which may be useful elsewhere. Training was excellent, not a lot of pressure to produce.
We found who we could and were excited when we got interviews.
I'd like to do it again.
could have been great
Call Center Interviewer (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 27, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: job security
This job could have been great, however, it just seemed like they didn't care about you at all. Moreover, the only time anyone would ever talk to you was if you made a mistake. My demise with the company happened when my house became ridden with lice from a visiting cousin. I informed my superiors that I thought it would be unethical for me to work with the possibility that I may still have lice. However, when I told them I was ready to come back, I was suddenly "laid off". How's that for respect?

Mathematica Policy Research Salaries