Mathematica Policy Research Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for Mathematica. Fun and productive environment. great employees as well. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough hours
Project Research
Project Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 26, 2016
Awesome position to gain experience, but staff members are considered contractor and project demand dies hours get cut
Pros
free bagels on friday
Cons
High chance of being laid off
Mathematica
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 14, 2016
Mathematica is a great place to work. They are very professional. The only downside is it contract work and the benefits are horrible. This is more of a job than a career
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
contract work, horrible benefits
Not favorable
Field and in house interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 15, 2016
Below Standard increases despite excellent review for years of work unless you are upper management. They cancelled an employee picnic and holiday party (not for management) for lack of profits yet installed video game equipment and a pool table in management lounge. Of course two different holiday parties. Most management is clueless. Enjoyed working with sample members. Hopefully the work I did will have an effect on public policy.
Pros
Work may have Free bagels on Friday
Cons
Terrible compensation and inafordable health care
Dedicated to producing highest quality work
Senior Programmer/IS Lead (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 9, 2016
During my time at Mathematica, I found it, and its employees, to be dedicated to producing the highest quality work.

Great staff, great teamwork.

Experienced survey research work from data collection to programming to project management.
Great company to work for.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
The job gave me the flexibility to set my own hours and work on great research projects. There is room for growth and promotion opportunity.
I loved working at mathematica Policy Research, it was fun and very educational
Locating Specialist/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Mathematica was very educational, and informative. Being an interviewer, was exciting, you interviewed people from all over the world depending on the study.You learned a lot about Education, Medical, and Government. Being a locator, was great I called myself a detective. Finding people that was hard to reach and didn't want to be found.The hardest part of the job was trying to find people that did not have a forwarding address in the data base, and phone disconnected. Most of my co-workers were very nice to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was I had the ability to make my own hours. Management was great.
Pros
We got free Bagels and spreads every Friday
Cons
We were monitored a lot
A safe and relaxing environment to work in.
FIELD INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Harlem New YorkSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at work was exciting and interesting. I learned to find solutions to help students navigate the questions that were administered. My co-workers were helpful and treated me like family. The hardest part of the job was being unable to rephrase the questions so students could give a correct response. The most enjoyable part of the job was the faces on the students when they completed each section of the assessment.
Productive,safe
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 23, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the company.This was an opprotunity that i enjoyed having. This was a decent place of employment,I had a nice realtionship with the supervisors and my fellow co-workers. The company has room for growth but this was a place that I again did enjoy very much.
Great place to work!
Research Programmer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 18, 2015
The smartest people in research work here. It is very well run and progressive in it's atmosphere. I highly recommend working here if you are interested in public policy research.
not great - not bad
Survey Operations Interviewer & Monitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
Overall, not a bad place to work. If you are an on call employee your compensation & benefits are very limited. Nice people.
Fun working environment
Technical Analyst/Coder (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed being able to help others to achieve their goals during the project that I was a working on. I had to assist others to understand the online data entry systems and many other technology needs to complete the data retrieval requested. I learned a great deal about Nutrition during my last project and management was very informative and helpful throughout the project to make sure that we had all resources necessary to perform our daily tasks.

I enjoyed working with everyone and we often went out to lunch together and brought in different dishes to share with one another occasionally. The toughest part about the position was that the salary was much too low.
Pros
Free coffee and tea and Friday bagels; fun and friendly atmosphere with beautiful lunch room, gym and recreation room.
Cons
not enough pay
productive workplace and wonderful work environment
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 1, 2015
Mathematica Policy Research Inc. has wonderful environment. Every employee has his/her own office. Company's net income gross every year.
Pros
Free Friday Breakfast
Great people to work for, I love the studies I have been involved in.
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 16, 2015
The supervisors I have worked with have been pleasant to work for. I have learned how to communicate with many different types of people. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting wonderful people, being involved in very important studies and making my own schedules. The hardest part of my job is getting consistent hours.
Pros
Being able to make my own work schedule.
Cons
Getting consistent hours.
Flexible well paid temporary position
Classroom Observer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2015
A typical day includes conducting field assessments in different preschool and family day care centers. The company provided thorough training. The most enjoyable part of the job is the exposure to different school philosophies. Management is a bit disorganized. The job requires flexibility and working well independently
Pros
mileaage reimbursement, flexible schedule
Cons
disorganization, driving throughout la county
down fall of company is part time on call . no room for advance ment . Management has a tendency of bullying employees
Project Assistant III (Current Employee) –  PrincetonMay 4, 2015
Down fall of company is that it is part time on call. There is no room for advancement.

Management has tendency of bullying employees
Field Interviewer
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 16, 2014
I worked at the beginning of two different school years with Mathematcia policy research. The job was easy and I enjoyed meeting different people it also looks very good on your resume if your just starting out working. The only issue I have is that the job is very short-term, they pay well but the project was very short.
Pros
Good work experince and easy money for good descent pay.
Cons
short projects
Enjoyed travelling and meeting new people.
Survey Administrator/Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 30, 2014
I liked the fact that I was on the road and worked alone or when I partnered with one of my family members. However, there were no benefits and job security. I also didn't like how people (sometimes I was partnered with people other than family) sabotaged me by saying things behind my back and instead of management coming to me, they instead don't return my emails for upcoming projects that were promised to me. I think the problem was that I had my own system then someone else want to totally change it and it becomes out of order. When I stand my ground, that's when I feel the atmosphere change. There were a few people that I know said some things that weren't true because I wouldn't let them run over me. I know for a fact one of the guys talked to a teacher and said some untruths about how I conducted myself during testing because she told me.
After that, I just didn't enjoy my job like I used to.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Temporary work, no benefits and co-workers
People are good to work for and reward for good work done.
Project Assistant for Federal (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 28, 2014
Talk to people on the phone doing surveys for the federal government. Learned to how to talk to people. The management rewards people for a good job done. My coworkers work as a team.The hardest part to talking to some people who are unhappy with their life and don't trust people over the phone.

The most enjoyable part is working with people.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible hours.
Cons
Not enough salary.
No guarantees
Quality Control Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 14, 2014
Make your own hours if there are hours to be made (family first).
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
PAY

2.7