Mathematica Policy Research Employee Reviews

Fun Productive place to work for
Research Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
This company was a fun Productive place to work for.The pay was fair but it was a temporary job assignment so that was the only bad part about it. I had my own office with a great veiw.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
temp job
The position was very interesting
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new staff and working with the Field and Survey Managers. Conducting surveys was an interesting experience. I was able to interact with many people from different ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
No job security and low pay.
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 29, 2017
The pay is very low and the expectations are high. The benefit to Mathematica is that you have the opportunity to schedule your work hours to your personal needs.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Pay
Field Interviewer
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 28, 2017
Going to people's addresses in the San Francisco Bay Area tom talk to them about doing a survey for the study at the time, also they are being paid for their time.
Pros
I had my own schedule.
Cons
Not knowing who was going to answer the door.
My division was troubled, not sure this applies to company more broadly
Health Program Analyst and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 23, 2017
As a highly respected company, Mathematica is a great opportunity. I learned a lot in project and contract management. However, my division had a culture of toxic management. Bully, threats to fire you in a year, refusal to let you work on projects of interest were all issues
Excellent company with great perks!
Field Interviewer (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 9, 2017
Loved the staff, training was extensive, very thoughtful and detailed training provided for new incoming staff.
Unfortunately there was not enough interviews available to sustain a person with extensive bills. Its a great position if you are seeking experience but not depending on the salary. The extra income is handy, but don't depend on it.
Pros
Travel extensively if you're available!
Cons
Positions are not long term in reality
I love the studies conducted at Mathematica and was proud to have worked on every one of them!
CAPI interviewer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Mathematica provides the most thourough and efficient trainings and support systems. They are a pleasure to work with and truly encouraged a sense of pride in the accomplishments of our work!
Pros
The studies were so interesting and valuable on many levels, and i loved the daily challenges of meeting goals set forth.
Cons
field work in winter here in Buffalo is very aggravating at times!
Challenging place
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 8, 2016
The place has its good days and bad days. It is a challenging place to work at work but if you are up for it then it should be no problem.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for Mathematica. Fun and productive environment. great employees as well. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough hours
Good place to work with friendly people
Public Survey Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 8, 2016
Was interesting with varied work and always learning new things.It is run well and the people are very helpful. It is organized and well-run. I enjoyed working there as it was a fairly calm and friendly environment. It was a little difficult when changing projects.
Project Research
Project Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 26, 2016
Awesome position to gain experience, but staff members are considered contractor and project demand dies hours get cut
Pros
free bagels on friday
Cons
High chance of being laid off
Mathematica
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 14, 2016
Mathematica is a great place to work. They are very professional. The only downside is it contract work and the benefits are horrible. This is more of a job than a career
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
contract work, horrible benefits
Not favorable
Field and in house interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 15, 2016
Below Standard increases despite excellent review for years of work unless you are upper management. They cancelled an employee picnic and holiday party (not for management) for lack of profits yet installed video game equipment and a pool table in management lounge. Of course two different holiday parties. Most management is clueless. Enjoyed working with sample members. Hopefully the work I did will have an effect on public policy.
Pros
Work may have Free bagels on Friday
Cons
Terrible compensation and inafordable health care
Dedicated to producing highest quality work
Senior Programmer/IS Lead (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 9, 2016
During my time at Mathematica, I found it, and its employees, to be dedicated to producing the highest quality work.

Great staff, great teamwork.

Experienced survey research work from data collection to programming to project management.
Great company to work for.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
The job gave me the flexibility to set my own hours and work on great research projects. There is room for growth and promotion opportunity.
I loved working at mathematica Policy Research, it was fun and very educational
Locating Specialist/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Mathematica was very educational, and informative. Being an interviewer, was exciting, you interviewed people from all over the world depending on the study.You learned a lot about Education, Medical, and Government. Being a locator, was great I called myself a detective. Finding people that was hard to reach and didn't want to be found.The hardest part of the job was trying to find people that did not have a forwarding address in the data base, and phone disconnected. Most of my co-workers were very nice to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was I had the ability to make my own hours. Management was great.
Pros
We got free Bagels and spreads every Friday
Cons
We were monitored a lot
A safe and relaxing environment to work in.
FIELD INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Harlem New YorkSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day at work was exciting and interesting. I learned to find solutions to help students navigate the questions that were administered. My co-workers were helpful and treated me like family. The hardest part of the job was being unable to rephrase the questions so students could give a correct response. The most enjoyable part of the job was the faces on the students when they completed each section of the assessment.
Productive,safe
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 23, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the company.This was an opprotunity that i enjoyed having. This was a decent place of employment,I had a nice realtionship with the supervisors and my fellow co-workers. The company has room for growth but this was a place that I again did enjoy very much.
Great place to work!
Research Programmer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 18, 2015
The smartest people in research work here. It is very well run and progressive in it's atmosphere. I highly recommend working here if you are interested in public policy research.
not great - not bad
Survey Operations Interviewer & Monitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
Overall, not a bad place to work. If you are an on call employee your compensation & benefits are very limited. Nice people.