Mather LifeWays Employee Reviews

I loved Mather Lifeways.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJune 30, 2016
I loved coming to work. Always felt very comfortable in my position. I learned more about the computer, how to get around and about the programs, Word, Excel and Outlook. Management was geat they always informed us of changes and events. loved my co-workers, always cheerful and ready to help if needed. The hardest part of the job was having to stay the night because of a snow storm that had hit us. But the stay was worth it because the kitchen crew had prepared a wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon. I worked a double shift the day before because people could not get to work because of the storm. The most enjoyable part of the job was being helpful to the otherr departments helping out with different projects and watching the residents partake in the Activities.
Pros
Feeling comfortable in my position.
Cons
Seeing the residents leave.
non profit but act like for profit
accounts (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 2, 2015
top level and president are untrustworthy. The mission of the company is felt by everyone except top level. C-suite cares only about money not people/mission. Mid level management and everyone else in group keep company culture fun.
Pros
benefits like travel and vacation
Cons
top level management and president
great company that takes care of its residents
Independent Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 28, 2015
Beifits the best ever. Work life balance and how they go out of there way for the residents is amazing. Excellent not for profit.
Pros
benifits
Cons
laid off
Great Company, Great Culture
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 20, 2013
I took a 3 week temporary position in the Marketing Department of Mather LifeWays. In my brief time with the company, I was thoroughly impressed with the values of the company and of the overall work environment. I highly recommend this company.
Very nice place to work with lots of perks!
Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 3, 2012
Mather LifeWays is a good place to work. Co-workers are nice and there is great leadershipat at the company.
Pros
flexability.
Cons
short breaks, etc.
Always New, Always Interesting Days
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 16, 2012
My days at Mather were always different. I didn't have a clue what the day would hold. I only knew what the basics would be. I enjoyed the people I worked with and they were helpful with instructing me on things I didnt know.

The hardest part of my job was I was a temp and knew it would be done with within a month
Pros
a very delightful place to work, i enjoyed the persons who'd call in.
Cons
i was a temp, not have the position for long.