Matheson Inc. Employee Reviews

Great PEAK season job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2017
This was temporary from Nov-Christmas. Located in the caves so I was able to avoid trekking to and from my car in weather. Also, the cave environment, though dirty was a cozy temperature to work in.

The management always treated me with kindness and respect. Being a hard worker who needs zero oversight, the opportunity to stay productive autonomously was amazing.

The only drawbacks were the few lazy co-workers who would get in the way of your progress. (A problem that the Management fought to end has since been able to fix the issue by screening better.) These slackers would travel in packs, come to an area with fast workers and pretend to work. The result would be, having to repeatedly dodge them to complete your work.
Pros
Pay, Management, Autonomy
Cons
Temporary
Very Physical
MAIL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2017
This is a very physical job. Great job to stay in shape or get in shape. Fast pace environment. It requires lots of bending,twisting, squatting and more. Good pay as well. The payday is weekly.
If your Management (upper) your still not safe
driver, site (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, OROctober 18, 2017
As a driver at Matheson you are constantly looking over your shoulder for "big Brother". It seems to be that if you are not in Management and never question higher up decisions you are relatively safe. Power trips were common. Management was required to follow employees searching for violations. Vacation coverage was poor to say the least. A scheduled vacation would be cancelled or customer deliveries would be put off due to this. When a driver returned from vacation, he was expected to make up the deliveries with out putting in overtime all the while preaching no rushing. There are numerous other issues to discuss but it was a blessing to leave the company.
Pros
Cant think of any. Maybe the pay was ok but not the top of industry.
Cons
Too many to list.
Good pay, and break scheduling
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 15, 2017
I liked Matheson Inc They had good people working there. It was unorganized. The checks were always on time though. I got to learn how to drive a forklift.
Haul US mail
OTR CDL truck driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2017
No time and a half overtime. Live in the truck. Short routes always are night shift. For a young person to get started, it would be all right. Stay in the truck, save your money. But you can't have a life until you quit. 20 an hour is not enough to have to be in the truck ALL the time. And you only get paid for the 12 hrs a day that you're on duty.
Pros
not enough
Cons
No life
Otr
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 9, 2017
It was a Swing seat driving Company and i never new who was going to be my Partner, at first the company offered hotel in Philadelphia for shower for one night then took it away
Pros
Some
Cons
Swing Seat
Great place to work (at the location I worked).
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NESeptember 25, 2017
I'm not going to go in depth but the job I had was really good and I hate that I had to leave.

Good home time if you wanted it, great hours if you wanted it, great benefits.
A good place to work excellent pay and benefit package
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fife, WASeptember 12, 2017
A good place to work excellent pay and benefit package. Away from home 4 days home 3 days per week Dedicated trip to either Pittsburgh or West Virginia from Seattle every week.
Pros
excellent pay and benefit package, out 4 days home 3 days
Cons
team driver, Light loads during winter months
Work very well even under pressure
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2017
Very reliable, dependable, work with minimal supervision. Learned to be patient, calm and positive. Oversees 13 facilities with UNFI. People's person, I enjoyed being around people. Work very well when under pressure.
Hard work little pay
aircargo person (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2017
There is NO training, you are told to go out and help without having any experience or training. First time out was told to help with aircraft and had no clue what to do or even any safety info, was working with a bunch of young kids who seemed as lost as i was, no direction or info given from manager
Pros
interesting work
Cons
terrible pay, no training and terrible management
Material Handler
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2017
Loading various sized/weighted loads of USPS/Fed-Ex mail and packages into freight containers to be shipped out of the local airport to assorted facilities.
Fast pace
Assistant Manager/ Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 21, 2017
Matheson is a contactor for the USPS and it is very fast pace and very demanding , we have new equipment and always cutting edge , we have a lot of support from our corporate office , we always follow the DOT rules and very fair with the employees .

There is always updating training for the management team and drivers
Pros
One customer
Cons
One customer
Be ontime and safe at work
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Matheson was a good place to work as long as you are not management. As with most companies, cutting budget is the game and management personnel are the first to go. Hourly employee is the way to go. Some overtime when required. Safe work practices and environment to work in. Constant changes to management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too many bosses
My experience was a short one
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2017
I signed on temp as their contract was ending do to post office consolidation. They relocated the trucks an extra 70 mikes from my home for a starting point each day! Didn't work for me with there being less than 8 hr work days.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Could never figure out what you were to be paid
very good company too drive for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2017
day getting mail what to do with mail ceo good good job weather was hardest driving you have too now your truck because some times u get a difference one
Pros
401 k and pay is good
Cons
weather
forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
It was an exciting experience, I enjoyed what I did in helping families receive their packages for Christmas and the holidays that fallowed.
Wish it was not a seasonal position
Pros
great job
Cons
terrible sup
i loved managment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2017
the work place was nice calm an quiet my co workers where helpful an always a lending hand my manager listened to any helpful suggestions comments or concerns
Love working here
HR (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2017
This company is very family orientated and good to there employees.
I have met some of the Driver managers and I have also spoke with several drivers during the time that I have worked for Matheson. Just the way they have spoke about the company and there co-workers made me feel that I made a great choice by working here.
Pros
The company
Best company ever
Supervisor/Lead Tractor Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great company to work for. they were all about its employees and their families. Good working environment. Not sure this company still exist. Good experience working there.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
In california
Safety & Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2016
A good company with growing leaders. This will be a company to watch in the next ten years. This is a private company with family ownership. The third generation is now up and coming and I suspect the new generation will be very good.
Pros
Good folks
Cons
Long hours during peak

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matheson Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.