Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.

Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. Employee Reviews

Dangerous company
driver (Former Employee), LakelandJuly 6, 2015
Pros: can quit
Cons: need to quit
Very Dangerous organization--Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians to do the job. Dispatch is 90mph for drivers, in 30 mph trucks
EMPLOYEES ARE AWESOME
Accountant Payable Specialist (Current Employee), IRVING TEXASJuly 1, 2015
Pros: three work shifts to pick from
Cons: short breaks
A typical day is data entry of accounts payables, answering calls and e-mails. The hardest part of the job is at times the load can get overwhleming because we are short handed and we have multiple accounts but yoiu just dig in and get it done.
DRIVER
DRIVER (Current Employee), NEWARK,CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS ARE GREAT COMPANY IT GOOD TO
Cons: MOST BLUE OF THE GUYS ARE NOT VERY SMART AND YOU CAN TELL
MATHSON IS OK FOR A STARTER JOB BECAUSE THEY DONT GIVE REAL RAISES ONLY COST OF LIVING RAISE. LIKE FROM .5% TO 3% 15, 20 CENTS AND YOU WONT MAKE VERY MUCH 40K EACH YEAR 48K MAX AS A DRIVER GETTING OVER TIME . BUT BASE PAY FOR DRIVERS IS AROUND 19- 22 PER HOUR .
great
Warehouse/Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: wages
Cons: short breaks
shipping and receiving maintaining order of all air cylinders and forklift operating also make sure and picked upe yard is clean
great co-workers and upper management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: good salaries
Cons: expensive health care insurance
fast paced environment with plenty of work to perform. Management are easy going as long as everyone finishes their work and have no injuries.
excellent safety
Fleet Driver (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Stop work authority
Cons: none
Good safety minded managers and workers with excellent equipment well maintained,stop work authority with benefits and salary including safety bonus,
Productive and a fun place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 27, 2015
Working here was super fun. I got to interact with customers daily and I always had something to do. My co workers were amazing people. Very friendly. I loved that this job was secure and helped me with learning new things about my job and myself. I also loved helping customers find what they were looking for or helping them solve any type of issue they had.
Very dirty place, but friendly people most of the time
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Gloucester, MAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: very dirty place, no one ever cleans
It was a good place to start experience, but not a place you would want to work, its very dirty and unorganized.
People are super friendly but the job itself is very dangerous do to all gasses that you had to test without wearing proper equipment
best job I ever had
driver (Current Employee), fallscreek paApril 3, 2015
Pros: benifits pay and flexibility
Cons: Nothing
This company is great to work for the management understands the meaning of family. This is a very good place to work. All the people are great also. They are very safety oriented. I have only worked here for six months but I wouldn't give this job up for anything. The pay is pretty good for the area also.
good company, poor management
Welding Engineer/ Application Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
great company to work for, but management has no clue what business they are in.
Customer Service Supervisor
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), johnstown paDecember 4, 2014
I learned a lot of customer interaction, interpersonal skills with coworkers, and business office culture. Hardest part: sales quotas.
Most enjoyable: dealing with people (customers and coworkers).
Work and Responsibilities
ASU Auxiliary Plant Operator (Current Employee), Production Plant San Antonio TexasNovember 22, 2014
Pros: worked with my schedule when needed.
Cons: the rotating schedule
Matheson Tri-Gas has been one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working with. The staff is friendly but firm and they were willing to work with my school schedule while I was attending. The hardest part of the job was definitely getting used to the schedule of working nights. The most enjoyable was that I was given the responsibility of running the plant at night and being trusted enough to complete the task. I was not treated as a subordinate but as an equal.
Dispatcher/Planner (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 1, 2014
Good place to work the company is solid. Worked with people with good vision always seeking continuous improvement.
Fantastic engineering opportunity to utilize many learned abilities and talents.
QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: productive and professional atmosphere
Cons: no company cafeteria
As Quality Engineer my principle responsibility focused reporting and making process improvements.
I originated and installed an SPC Control plan including SPC Charts with weekly reviews.
Senior management desired to explore utilizing Quality Functional Deployment which methodology I had acquired while at Ford Electronics. This very exciting project allowed me to construct a House of Quality which was built using the collective process knowledge from engineers, marketing agents, quality and assemblers.
I enjoyed working in this proactive team environment to produce the QFD results.
great starter job
Driving and sales (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 4, 2014
Pros: works with family life
Cons: poor management skills
great to work for if you have no planes to advance in your career. The manager of the Tulsa store is not professional and allows to much misconduct by some staff to happen . He is afraid to stand up to his employees and this is to the disadvantage of the other employees.
I Loved Going to Work Every Day
Technical Writer/Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: because i did work for other divisions/groups, i was provided with many meals.
Cons: workload, limited time/resources, incomplete documentation tasks
A majority of my day (that I enjoyed the most) was spent supporting personnel in the field and at the corporate level with technical support for the automated document control system (MasterControl) and their PCs/laptops. The remainder of my day consisted of technical writing, training, and as a resource for the Microsoft Word template that I created for the company.

I gained a significant amount of knowledge about the industrial gas industry, and had a wealth of contacts to help me where my knowledge was lacking.

With few exceptions, the personnel I supported were dedicated professionals. It was a joy working with them.

The hardest part of my job was leaving.
Very little career development or training
Engineer (Former Employee), multipleApril 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay when you start, benefits not bad.
Cons: you will never get a sizeable jump in pay as long as you are there
Management is lacking in upper echelons of the company. All the engineers are hard working individuals, but is seems to go unappreciated. Pay raises are always less than inflationary. Bonuses are sketchy. The company has a lot of drama in upper echelons. The managers will be in all meetings and be aware of what is going on and feign ignorance when something goes wrong and questions arise as to why a decision was made? A lot of finger pointing commences instead of team work.
High production like atmosphere.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Typical work day is fast paced. I learned the value of hard work and work ethic in the workplace. Management is all about results. Co-workers are wonderful people. The hardest part of the job is working with old equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is employee bonding time after good performance plant reviews.
Very nice company to work for
Customer Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 18, 2013
Pros: very good management. always willing to help us to improve our skills
Worked pretty much on my own. Manager very helpful in getting employees to learn more and improve themselves. When the company moved she also helped employees get their resume together.
Strong job security
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TxOctober 24, 2013
Great hours. Different shift to suit your daily schedule. Overtime is available.
Industry