Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. Employee Reviews

Too many changes to have an honest review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2017
To many years and changes to have an honest review. Why is there a minimum character requirement? 50 more characters and counting, 18 more, ten more.
overworked and underpaid for responsibilities
Filler (Current Employee) –  Manassas Park, VAAugust 8, 2017
Safety is the major focus by management. They have a lot of documented training. Physically demanding, attention to detail is mandatory, and must be a team player and able to work long hours
Pros
vacation, healthcare, safety first
Cons
manditory overtime, very stressful enviornment, under compensated
Required to do a 4 to 5 person job, if you can handle that then you should be good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 29, 2017
Matheson is a great place to work, only downfall is you are worried about losing your job everyday for the job you are assigned. They have a great safety program that gives their employees a voice, that is the best part of working here.The worst part of the job is the company is run so lean the employees are constantly running behind doing a 4 or 5 man job. Hard work is a good thing, however when you are told to not rush and hurry at the same time it gets to be stressful. If not for this I could retire here.
Pros
Vacation time and benefits
Cons
Long hours and no time for family
Starters
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2017
I like the company for the small brief time that I was there. Management team really seemed to care about all of the employees. Good things were coming for sure. I had a life changing opportunity that I could not pass on so I moved on.

There are a couple of guys that I know are still there and it seems like they grown in their areas which in turn has kept the happy.
Pros
Great Culture.
Good Company
Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
Good company to work for management team is awesome! fast past environment. Great co workers very laid back environment. what I love most is that I stay busy for most part of the day.
Love to do physical labor good customer base
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 29, 2017
Matheson is a great place to work. I liked driving truck and handling compressed gas cylinders. Management at the location where I worked was the best.
Pros
Workload and staff
Cons
Delivering off of an open bed in the rain
Service Manager
Cryogenic Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2017
My job was to schedule work at my customer sites and insure my team took care of each customer's needs. This had to be done under a managed budget. We had a great team.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Lack of personnel. We were always behind in our work because of lack of people.
fun workplace
Southern Regional Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2017
The work environment is very high paced in some departments. Others are a little more relaxed. The company offers great benefits and room to grow professionally.
Stressful job
Propane Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHMay 5, 2017
8to4:30 day You will learn ins and outs of propane delivery and handling. Very intense safety policy though. Best part of job fellow employee's Long hours in winter conditions.
Pros
Good pay benefits
Cons
Stressful safely penalties
Great job stability and benefits.
Cryogenic Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039May 1, 2017
Awesome supervisor and co-workers but the position requires a lot of driving and over night stays. The Supervisor is awesome and and does his best to assist employees with scheduling and training. the most enjoyable part of the job is the company culture and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the long distance driving.
Pros
Great benefits, Awesome supervisor and co-workers, job stability, above average salary
Cons
a lot of driving, working outdoors, away from family
Typical day at Matheson
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNApril 20, 2017
My typical day consists of immediately pulling orders from customers, placing the orders into production or ordering product from vendors. I do credit my ability to multitask from this job as you will have so many issues, emails, phone calls, orders all requiring to be high priority. You learn to prioritize high importance issues. The workplace culture is extremely low. Moral is extremely low. Everybody is so unhappy and the stress is unreal. Expectations are different depending on what department you're in. Some employees are written up due to abscentism when employee had days and other depts allow employees to be off when all vacation, personal and sick days are used. The hardest part of this job is the stress from all management. Some managers are not able to perform your job, yet they are in management role.
Pros
good insurance, 401K
Cons
lack of training for new hire on job. Thrown into the job with no training.
Not fun at all
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2017
You are totally on your own. No coaching or technical training. No leadership training or positive reinforcement. They pay well but you are going to be short lived there. Their sales goals are set to allow sales reps to succeed for up to 3 years. After that its virtually impossible to keep up with your goals
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians
Local Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2017
Work you into the ground. Do something small and you will have a conference call with corporate. It's the company versus you!! They have you sign off on everything so if it comes back you will have a conference call. This place is not recommended
Pros
8hrs
Cons
Corporate heads
Very Positive
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 15, 2017
Very strong Fortune 500 company. Excellent pay and bonuses. Training was very good and specific. Inside support from production plants, computer reports, and customer service was great.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Not strong on distribution for certain markets
Overall a negative experience although the work itself was not bad.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2017
If your gut feeling tells you to run during the first week, Listen to it!
Delivering gas cylinders is physical work. No problem if you're in good physical condition. The issues with this position are not the work, they are management that you don't trust. One is quickly informed that if you don't follow orders, reasonable or not that you are replaceable. If I were to pick another job in industrial gas, I would do my homework and find out from the employees themselves if it really is a good place to work. In the end, if you can't enjoy what you're doing for a living, the money is irrelevant.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits.
Cons
Bad management. No trust between employees and manager.
An OK place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 26, 2016
The co-workers are great. The company itself has a lot to be desired. Way to much focus on saftey and way to little care for their employees and equiptment.
Pros
great money/ benifits
Cons
terrible company, poor management, never home
There are not many team players
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working here but there is very weak management and no team players at my location.The hours are great and they are closed on weekends so you have the weekend with your family.
Good environment, great training, pleasant culture
Remote (Plant) Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 24, 2016
Best training I've ever had. I genuinely enjoy going to work everyday and continuing to learn in my profession. The people make all the difference here.
Not a good company to work for
Manufacturing/Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 5, 2016
There isn't any opportunity for growth, for either the employees or the company. The group I work with has one customer and there is not any prospects to increase the customer base.
Pros
Paycheck clears
Cons
Not much
Productive workplace, very clean and organized.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NEJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. The management were polite and helpful and you were always taken care of. The weekly schedule was nice along with holidays off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7